Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

GwendolynMoon Mon 19-Nov-12 17:37:47

Sounds good bangers I am thinking the 'tight' feeling is def. braxton hicks so if that is a good sign then bring them on I say.

Thanks aldan I feel a bit like it's the first day of term, lol smile

bangersmashandbeans Wed 21-Nov-12 16:52:58

Gwen how was NCT? I'm doing mine in January and didn't with DD1 so am a bit nervous but really want to make some more mummy friends!

GwendolynMoon Thu 22-Nov-12 10:25:20

I really enjoyed it actually bangers....there are 7 other couples in the class and the teacher seems great so far (at first I will admit that she was a bit rambly and seemed rather, as one of my more cynical friends would say 'new-agey', so I felt a bit sceptical but as the class went on I liked her more and more) and really placed the emphasis on 'this is about providing you with as much information as possible for you then to make your own choices about what is right for you and your birth'. My DH and I felt that while we didn't learn anything that we didn't kind of know already it was really nice to be able to ask questions and to have a set time to really take in all the info.

It was quite funny in that we were all clearly eyeing each other up and as soon as we left my DH was like 'right, who do you want to be friends with then?!' but actually it seemed like a lovely mix of people and I am looking forward to future classes and getting to know everyone better, even if I don't make lifelong bosom buddies I think it will be fun to even just go through this last trimester with a group of women at the same stage. Don't be nervous, it was really quite relaxed and as soon as we started some of the 'group activity' type components everyone got chatting soon enough.

Sorry....rather rambling post!

aldan Fri 23-Nov-12 18:11:22

Sounds good Gwen smile

Had a midwife apt earlier and DC is measuring large, at 26 weeks. DS measured big all through my last pregnancy and came a week early weighing 7lb 14. Another early one would be great!!!

bangersmashandbeans Fri 23-Nov-12 20:02:48

Is all ok though Aldan? Do they want to scan you or not yet? I saw the midwife this week too, baby has turned head down after being transverse for a while so that's a relief. BP also really good which is fab as last pregnancy it was through the roof! All going well so far! Hope you other ladies are all keeping well x

aldan Fri 23-Nov-12 21:39:42

Yes all ok. Think it's just my body, baby grows out as much as it can, I've no room inside grin. Booked a 3d scan in 2 weeks so our 4 year old DS can see his brother, can't wait....

aldan Fri 23-Nov-12 21:41:17

And glad your bp was ok bangers. Ive never had a problem but my friend is being induced next week because of raised BP and possible pre eclampsia. Shes pleased though as her due date is 26th dec!

queenrollo Sat 24-Nov-12 10:18:18

I had my 28 week bloods done yesterday, wondering if I'll be anaemic? My levels were down slightly this time last pregnancy but I'm keen to avoid the ferrous sulphate this time so if it's dipped I'm going to ask for a re-test in a couple of weeks and address it by other means.
Have been feeling a bit down/overwhelmed, not sure if it's just hormones or winter blues.
The bedside cot arrived yesterday though! Was excited to unwrap that smile

Gbnewbie Sat 24-Nov-12 15:33:06

Hello all
Queen,sorry to hear that you're feeling a bit blue. Could you get a but of vit b down you (even some marmite unless you're a hater)? A little boast. Have been a little bit sad too... Hormones seem to have been ok but that's just my perspective...
Which cot did you opt for? I've been looking and confusing myself but the bedside ones look great for bf'ing but I'm a complete novice.

queenrollo Sat 24-Nov-12 21:03:48

we got a secondhand Babybay off ebay. I had a moses basket and then standard cot with my DS and know I found it hard dragging myself out of bed for night feeds. I want to optimise my chances of breasfeeding being successful this time (limped along for 8 weeks last time) and also hoping to maximise sleep as I won't be able to catch up in the daytime as easily with this one as I did with DS. Am not comfy with the idea of the baby actually being in bed with me so this is a happy compromise.
I remember being totally overwhelmed by the choice of stuff when I was expecting DS, and it's so expensive and so you don't want to get the wrong thing! I've bought hardly anything this time round as I learnt that so much of it I just don't really need!

bangersmashandbeans Sat 24-Nov-12 21:11:40

DH got all the prem and newborn clothes out of the loft this afternoon!! So excited to start going through it. Determined to get myself organised this side of Christmas so in January I don't have too much to do when I'm feeling fed up and whale-like! Mucked out DDs playroom this evening too. Feeling rather pleased with myself! Also bought car seat this week (seriously good offer on amazon) Anyone else got any suggestions for how I can get organised? Just thinking with a toddler around I won't have the luxury of time to do stuff when baby is asleep.

Gbnewbie Sun 25-Nov-12 08:47:57

Love all the tips! I will have a look at babybays. I've been very restrained with buying things. So many people have offered clothes so shouldn't need any of those! I do need to find a car seat but again that feels like a minefield!!confused

NAR4 Sun 25-Nov-12 17:38:07

SPD/PGP is really bad now and bearing weight on one leg when walking is agony. Can't have any physio though due to Placenta Previa.

Been really tearful this week, don't know if it is hormones or the pain, or prob both.

Scan in 3.5 weeks to see if placenta has moved. Fingers crossed for me. If it has the first thing I will do is phone the physio for an urgent appointment.

Don't know how I will manage the school run tomorrow! Even getting upstairs to the toilet has proved a massive struggle over the weekend. Dreading hubby going back to work on Monday and having to manage alone.

bangersmashandbeans Sun 25-Nov-12 21:17:23

You sound really down NAR sad I only have mild SPD and even that is really crappy so it must be awful having it so badly. Standing on one leg is a no go for me too - feel very daft having to sit fond to put shoes and socks on etc! Not sure if you're working but can you get signed off for a bit? I know you have another child and there's no getting signed off from mummy duties! Have a nice bath and try to get a good nights sleep. Good luck with the scan x

Want2bSupermum Mon 26-Nov-12 06:22:58

Hi everyone. Had a very stressful month. Got caught up in Hurricane Sandy, started a new job and DD has started with the temper tantrums. DS is rather active but I think it is due to my stress levels being rather high.

I had horrible SPD with DD. Is seeing a chiro an option? If your placenta has moved see if you are able to book yourself in for more than one treatment a week. By month 7 I was in agony and my obn increased my chiro appointments to 3 times a week for a month. After 4 weeks I was sorted and able to reduce my appointments to 2 times a week for the remainder of my pregnancy.

NAR4 Mon 26-Nov-12 17:35:45

bangers I have 4 other children, so no rest at all unfortunately. Physio recommended complete bed rest (yeah right). I told her outright that that wouldn't happen, as I have noone to help me.

Want2b I will def be chasing up to get some more physio appointment if my placenta has moved. Still miffed it means no manual therapy as surely walking up the stairs causes more movement? Spoke to pysio on the phone and she said it isn't just NHS policy not to manipulate with Placenta Previa, but Association of Physios (or something like that). In other words if someone agrees to do it then they prob aren't reputable.

Just frustrated as much as in pain really and hubby getting pissy about having so much to do in the evenings after work, because I can't do much now. Thought he would be more sympathetic but think maybe I need to howl in pain a lot more for him to understand just how much it is hurting.

Still at work, but I am a Youth Worker and only work evenings. Can sit around and chat with the young people as much as I want and no need for me to do anything that hurts. At the moment it is proving a welcome break from home. If I was signed off I would prob end up doing housework instead to stop hubby wingeing about having to do it.

Almost hoping for Placenta to stay were it is/was and have a C section because I would get to have baby in 10 weeks and have enforced bed rest in hospital for a few days, at least.

Sorry moan over.

Pregnancy is not normally this crap - to all the first time mums out there. Don't let me put you off.

bangersmashandbeans Tue 27-Nov-12 20:49:07

NAR4 don't know how to do the funny icons and stuff but wanted to send you a hug and some flowers! Hope you've had an ok day and aren't feeling too low smile

Want2bSupermum Wed 28-Nov-12 03:06:29

NAR4 I hear you. I didn't realise how bad my first pregnancy was. This time round is so much better.... so far. The SPD I had with DD was horrible. My mantra was 'THIS IS TEMPORARY'. Take a look at the calendar.... Feb will be here before you know it.

The other thing is that once you have the baby SPD can linger for up to 5 years after. My obn had me continue post baby with the chiro for 3 months after to nip it in the bud so to speak. My obn also said it can be related to urinary problems in later life. She might have said this to me just to scare me though! I am rather relaxed compared to other patients.

queenrollo Wed 28-Nov-12 11:37:44

nar4 i really feel for you. Like want2b i'm having a much better second pregnancy and commented to DH yesterday that the few shops we walked past in town in 5 mins would have taken me 20 mins in my pregnancy with DS.
It's so unfortunate/annoying for you that the placenta issue means you can't have manipulation. I swear that seeing an osteo in the first trimester has helped me this time, though the major factor for me is that I am not working this time.
I walked far too much on a day out at the weekend and have been in agony with my pubic bone for two days.

I've been to see the midwife this morning. Everything is fine, including my 28 iron level. She had a feel and baby is head down, very low in the pelvis.....I'm hoping it's going to stay in that position

aldan Wed 28-Nov-12 20:57:11

How are you feeling today nar4?

Glad alls going well for you queenrollo, I've not had any bloods done yet, pointless really I'd refuse iron if I was anaemic anyway!

Had a lovely pregnancy massage yesterday but spent the hour cheating to the therapist instead of chilling smile

queenrollo Thu 29-Nov-12 10:15:17

aldan I have told the midwife that I won't have ferrous sulphate if my levels are low as it's just awful stuff.....I have been prone to low blood count in the past though so wanted to have it checked so I can address it with diet/natural supplement if need be. This time though I am eating a different diet due to non-meat eating DH and so I think I am accessing more natural iron than I was in my previous pregnancy.

NAR4 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:29:18

Thankyou everyone for your encouraging messages.

Had the Whooping Cough jab yesterday and I am feeling rather unwell today. Hubby came home at lunch time to take care of me and the children, so I could rest in bed. Although I feel unwell, resting in bed (pillow under knees) has really helped with my pelvic pain, so actually feeling much happier.

Sorry for the babyish moan a couple of days ago. The pain had just really got to me. Physio rung me and said to go and see her on Monday, so she can show me how to walk with some crutches. She feels taking some of the weight off my pelvis might help with the pain.

NAR4 Thu 29-Nov-12 15:33:16

Hope your iron levels stay aldan and queenrollo, anemia is rubbish.

queenrollo Thu 29-Nov-12 18:00:55

Nar moan away!! it's not just the pain it's the sheer bloody frustration of the limited mobility.
We've been out today, I accompanied DH to a meeting (i do his admin) and then I excused myself halfway through to go shopping (make the most of being somewhere with better shops). I didn't get any of the Christmas shopping done that I wanted to because my ligaments were hurting so much from the walking/being on my feet. I bought two very cute babygros in John Lewis and a couple of bottles to have on standby in case the breastfeeding doesn't work out.
On the way home we stopped to get milk and my pubic bone was agony when I got out of the car. So that's it.....I really cannot cope with lots of walking. I'll be doing the Xmas shopping online.....
So I can understand why you felt down about it nar - hard when you have other kids too. I have my son 4 days a week and he wants me to sit on the floor and play Lego etc and I just can't....he's 7 so does understand, but I still feel guilty that I'm limited to what I can do with him at the moment.

Right......i'm going to attempt a bath. Have reached the stage where DH has to help me in and out!

NAR4 Thu 29-Nov-12 21:28:51

queen you are so right, half the problem is the frustration of it all. I did my Christmas shopping on-line on Tuesday, so just have to wait for it all to arrive now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now