Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

InTheNightGarden Tue 13-Nov-12 16:43:40

Any of you ladies got milk yet :-/ ... I've just starting "leaking" sorry tmi haha... only 26weeks, surely this is early??

queenrollo Tue 13-Nov-12 17:27:37

no that's not too early. I've been leaking for weeks now, but not loads - I just noticed one night when I got undressed that I had 'crusty nipples'. It's not every day for me and some days I can tell i'm going to leak more because my boobs feel kind of 'electric' shocks in them.
It never happened at all in my first pregnancy though.

aldan Wed 14-Nov-12 07:54:58

No leakage yet, didn't last time either though!

GwendolynMoon Wed 14-Nov-12 14:00:23

I've not had any leakage so far....my boobs have grown a ridiculous amount though, I hope it's not a steady trend as they're actually starting to be rather uncomfortable! and I've heard when your milk comes in they increase drastically....

NAR4 Wed 14-Nov-12 18:38:11

Completely shattered at work and I only work part time (evenings). Want to work as long as pos. pref. until due date, as that way I get the maximum amount of time off afterwards.

Know from experience I will be even more tired when doing night feeds, than I am now. Not looking forward to that bit, but hope I will not be too out of the swing of it as my 20 month old only dropped night feeds about a month ago and is still getting up several times a night now.

My nan had 13 children. I often think how much I would like to talk to her about that, if she was still alive.

This pregnancy really seems to have taken its toll on my body and its only my 5th. How did she manage 13? No multiple births either.

Not got a massive bump and luckily haven't put on loads of weight, but now clearly look pregnant.

bangersmashandbeans Wed 14-Nov-12 19:01:09

Hi, I'm due tenth of feb and wanted to join in and say work is exhausting me! I only work four days but have an hour and a half commute into London each day and I'm finding it so tough. The thought of working till mid January is depressing me! Last pregnancy I dropped an hour so did 8-3 towards the end and I'm wondering if it's too early to ask for that? I get zero done after 3 so there's no much point in me being there anyway!! Moan moan moan...sorry ladies. Hope you're all doing ok.

queenrollo Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:25

NAR4 my nan had 13 too, really have no idea how she coped!

I'm not working this time round and am still shattered!

aldan Wed 14-Nov-12 22:40:41

13 wow, my grandma only had my dad!

Got a random day off tomorrow, DSs school is shut for police election thing so we are going shopping for some school shoes for him and as it's my birthday on Sunday I think I deserve a treat too grin

Trimpampusik Thu 15-Nov-12 08:10:38

No leakage sofar, but boobs are getting really huge! My colleague at work commented that normally my boobs look huge anyway in comparison to the rest of the body, but now, my bump looks bigger, and they look smaller - haha!!!!
Hope all of you girls are feeling well....

GwendolynMoon Fri 16-Nov-12 14:45:42

NAR4 I think the fact that you're on your 5th is pretty impressive, 13 is just inconceivable!

Bangers I wouldn't think there was any harm in asking if you could adjust your hours? What I've really realised lately is how vastly different pregnancy is for different woman...and within that how different each pregnancy can be for a woman. This is my first and I know I have been extremely lucky so far with regards to morning sickness, tiredness and other potential 'issues'....I have friends and colleagues who have had vastly different experiences.

Btw, comment in the text section of the Metro this morning really annoyed me. Vanessa from Surrey said 'You're pregnant, not ill. If you can go to work you can stand on the train' in response to a pregnant woman who had (I assume as I didn't see it) complained about not being offered a seat on her commute. What a charming woman Vanessa sounds! I am lucky enough to get a seat on my train as a general rule so not really an issue for me but as I have low blood pressure I am quite prone to feeling a bit dizzy/faint while pregnant, I know I am not ill but obviously it is nice to sit down and avoid the possibility of fainting!! I don't think it is unreasonable for pregnant ladies to expect to be offered a seat if they're standing and I see that happening a lot so luckily the world is not full of Vanessas!

GwendolynMoon Fri 16-Nov-12 14:47:29

Oh and meant to say, aldan I hope you got your treat [smile}

bangersmashandbeans Fri 16-Nov-12 15:45:43

Stood all the way to work on the train yesterday. Was in the aisle of the priority seating area with a fitted dress on showing my large 28 week bump yet amazingly no bugger seemed to notice! Ordered my baby on board as soon as I got to work! Vanessa sounds like a dried up bitter old cow who can't get a man and is jealous of pregnant women!!!angry

GwendolynMoon Fri 16-Nov-12 16:55:57

That is awful Bangers makes me furious on your behalf! Clearly my train crowd are a nice lot as I have frequently seen more than one person offer to get up when a pregnant woman has got on. Hopefully the badge will improve things!

Lol, yes, hmph to Vanessa and her ilk wink

NAR4 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:24:22

Gwendolyn I think people do forget that pregnancy is different for each women and each one can be different for the same women.

The whole 'your pregnant not ill' annoys me, because for some women it is worse than being ill.

I often find men a lot more sympathetic to the fact I'm pregnant than women. Kind of brings out the protective side in most men.

bangersmashandbeans Sat 17-Nov-12 20:19:30

On a different note - is anyone else having constant braxton hicks and finding them exhausting? Had them on and off for the last week and it's getting me down sad

aldan Sat 17-Nov-12 20:57:37

No pregnancy isn't an illness but it can make your back hurt, your feet ache, and your stomach twinge. I guess if you haven't experienced pregnancy then you'd never know!

Went shopping on Thursday with money in my pocket - found nothing, typical smile ordered myself (and to share with DS) an iPad mini last night [excited].

Birthday tomorrow, had a lovely meal out earlier with family and friends and going to see father Christmas tomorrow.

No braxton hicks yet, checked my diary and got them at 30 weeks last time, only 26 weeks now so I guess they'll start soon!

queenrollo Sat 17-Nov-12 21:56:40

bangers i'm getting some really strong Braxton Hicks, but they usually start early evening with me so I think it's when my body is tired. I was having real problems with them being painful but a bit of reading made me realise it was because I was dehydrated. Since I've been making an effort to drink loads of fluids they've been less intense.

bangersmashandbeans Sat 17-Nov-12 22:05:56

Yeah I've read about dehydration too and have felt even more thirsty than normal the last few days so I guess I need to up my fluid. I also definitely have it worse when I've been busying around - but having a two year old pretty much cancels out much time for relaxing! Off to bed for an early night and will make sure I drink more tomorrow!

NAR4 Sun 18-Nov-12 12:58:22

bangers I have been getting some really painfull Braxton Hicks contractions, on and off. About a month ago I had to be seen on the labour ward because the midwife thought I had gone into early labour. As queen said, it turns out I hadn't been drinking enough. Since making an effort to drink more I haven't had as many or as strong. The same as you, they do coincide with having a busy active day. Like you I have a little one (20 months) so that is most days.

My midwife said that it means I should have a quicker labour. I'm not convinced though because I have never done 'quick' labours before. Fingers crossed though.

bangersmashandbeans Sun 18-Nov-12 17:45:42

My first labour was less than two hours so maybe I should be preparing for a home birth in that case!!

GwendolynMoon Mon 19-Nov-12 09:16:33

I think I've had a few mild braxton hicks where my bump goes a bit tight all over but as a newbie I'm not entirely sure!

We have our first NCT class this evening and am quite looking forward to it. We booked it aaages ago and it seemed like it was so far into the future and now it's time...makes this whole baby thing seem much more real wink

We also ordered a nursery furniture set yesterday and I got ridiculously excited about that too! smile

queenrollo Mon 19-Nov-12 09:51:12

gwen the tightening sounds about right.

GwendolynMoon Mon 19-Nov-12 10:46:07

Thanks queen I thought so

bangersmashandbeans Mon 19-Nov-12 16:28:57

Had a chat with my MW this morning and she said the dehydration thing is an old wives tale and has nothing to do with braxton hicks. She said they are just a sign of a 'healthy and active' uterus and often mean you will labour well. Hurrah!!

aldan Mon 19-Nov-12 16:40:55

Enjoy your nct class gwen smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now