Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Want2bSupermum Thu 18-Oct-12 13:16:50

I am starting in a new job next month and am rather nervous about my wardrobe now. I have 6 dresses and am fine to wear them but I worry that they are not professional enough. I don't want to spend money on clothes for 3 months of use. Although DH and I want more children we don't know if we are going to be able to do it. We would both love 4 kids but I think it would be a logistical nightmare. We can handle two kids....

Hi all, hope everyone is well? I'm almost 24wks now with enormous bump (I'm only 5ft 2" though so maybe that's why?) so I've been in maternity clothes for quite a while already. want2b have you tried getting normal clothes but in a size or two bigger? Should do you for a while after the birth too. I bought a pair of maternity jeans so have been wearing those or leggings with loose tops most days.

sarah8787 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:16:45

I have started to get a noticable bump now which is nice, but bad indigestion, leg cramp and crying! Whats been happening to other mums to be? smile

Want2bSupermum Fri 26-Oct-12 19:49:10

Queen Would do that but suits that I wear to work are around $300-400 a pop. The dresses go under the jackets for the suits I already have. I have to be suited for nearly all of my clients which sucks when you are pregnant. Would never get away with wearing leggings to work.

sarah I drink a hot cocoa at night which helps with the indigestion.

NAR4 Sun 28-Oct-12 17:04:30

Can I join?

My baby is due 14th Feb. Already feeling very impatient for its arrival.

I used re-usable nappies for all of mine and have never had a problem with them. Look at the real nappies website, it has loads of useful info on it. I use Terries squares because they last the whole time your little one is in nappies and also dry quickly after washing. The shaped ones can work out very expensive and take a long time to dry. Will need muslim squares to start with for first few months though as Terries are too bulky for tiny babies.

Gbnewbie Sun 28-Oct-12 17:35:50

Hi NAR4 and welcome! How many children do you have?
Thanks for the info re reusables, I'd really like to give them a try. Have looked at that site and the fancy shaped ones seem to get food reviews so it's nice to know simple terry ones might be as good/better. any advice on any of this stuff is most welcome as its my 1st.
Have been trying to find a good co sleeping cot but info is hard to come by... Anyone found/know anything helpful?

Hope everyone is doing ok!! smile

NAR4 Mon 29-Oct-12 08:31:27

Gbnewbie
This is my 5th pregnancy (and baby), but contrary to what some people think (not on here I have to add) it is still not easy being pregnant, with all the side effects and a house full of children to look after.

Nappy stuff I bought;
2 nappy buckets (it depends how often you want to wash, but I found 2 buckets full was one machine load).
5 pairs of the white multisize nappy covers (poppers to convert to different sizes)
tea tree oil (for putting on soaking nappies)
nappy nippers (great invention and much easier than nappy pins)
fleece liners (bought one pack and then realised it was cheaper to buy some fleece from a material shop and cut out my own).
2 packs of joe joys terry nappies
1 nappy sack (to put wet nappies in when out)
I think you can buy a starter set with most of this stuff already in it (this works out cheaper than buying seperately)

Remember you can always start with disposables when baby is born and then build up to using washables. When baby was tiny I used disposables when out and for bed. Put a tennis ball in the tumble dryer with them, if you use one. It helps fluff them up and feel soft.

Most/if not all local councils will give you a grant towards the cost of washable nappies. I think I got £30 towards the cost of mine. It was on the council website under waste management. Check before you buy because my SIL council only give a voucher for a certain shop, mine pay the grant upon production of itemised reciept.

Don't know about a co-sleeping cot as I have never used one. Just put baby in my bed. There are other threads somewhere on here about co-sleeping, with loads of info.

Do you know what sex your baby is? My hubby wante dto find out, but they couldn't see. I', secretly pleased because I wanted it to be a surprise as I prob won't be having any more. Couldn't fit more in the car or house and they get really expensive as they get older.

Baby sales are great and you can get loads of stuff good as new for only a few pounds.

Gbnewbie Mon 29-Oct-12 08:44:53

Wow! Thank you, all that us really helpful smile
Double wow for 5!!! How could it be easier when you've got to look after all the others?? Amazing. This little one will be my only little one. He was my planned and the dad wasn't/isn't at all impressed...

I'll have a look for the co sleeping thread too.

I'm having a little boy, for some reason I'd convinced myself I was having a girl so was a bit hmm about it.

Have a good day.

queenrollo Wed 31-Oct-12 19:00:04

hello everyone - I was around for the earlier threads but have mainly been on FB and in the PESH antenatal thread.
I'm due on 10th Feb, second DC for me but first for DH.

Trimpampusik Sun 04-Nov-12 07:19:54

Hi Ladies! Great that i have foudn a live thread for Feb 2013 smile This is my first pregnancy and I am 24 weeks pregnany with twins - boys. They are due on 24th of Fenruary smile but I was told by the midwife and consultant, that they normally come out earlier, as may not have enough space inside the bump. But we will see ....

Want to hear how you are all coping with pregnancy? I have been having a few early mornings, when I wake up because they boys kick inside, as if they are having a party. What's the best way to calm them down? xxx

queenrollo Sun 04-Nov-12 10:07:13

there is no way to calm them down I'm afraid!! you just have to wait for them to get it out of their system and settle again. I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow and am currently having a regular wake-up call at 4am when baby wakes up for a little party of it's own. This goes one for about 20 mins by which time I'm fully awake and it takes me ages to get back off to sleep, added to needing the loo and getting cold getting out of bed.
Welcome to the thread and congrats on the twins smile

GwendolynMoon Wed 07-Nov-12 14:33:12

Hello all, can I please join in? Have been lurking for a wee while but new to Mumsnet. 1st pregnancy and I am nearly 28 weeks, due 4th Feb and can't wait to be a mum.

GwendolynMoon Wed 07-Nov-12 14:34:50

Oops, newbie error and posted early.

Meant to add: Been feeling pretty good so far but starting to find it rather difficult to concentrate at work as head is full of baby stuff!

queenrollo Wed 07-Nov-12 14:58:19

hi gwen and welcome.

GwendolynMoon Wed 07-Nov-12 15:06:42

Thanks queen smile

Trimpampusik Thu 08-Nov-12 23:41:06

Just returned from Dublin - was my last work trip, which went ok, the twins enjoyed the flight there and back, and I feel really tired. Been waking up around 4-4:30 too, with a party inside. had a scan on Monday for my 24 weeks, which went ok, and actually saw on the screen how twin1 used one of the legs to kick the twin2 in the face!!!! Good they are in separate sacks...lol but they are already sorting out who is in charge!!!!
Queenrollo, thank you for welcoming me to this thread smile and Gwen, welcome to you too smile

GwendolynMoon Fri 09-Nov-12 10:59:22

Thanks trimpampusik

My little one is causing enough of a ruckus at times all on his/her own so twins having a party must be crazy!

Panzee Sat 10-Nov-12 18:44:25

Hello all, how are we?
I'm 26 weeks now and really struggling at work. I'm exhausted! Want to drop my hours but can't afford it really.
How's everyone else doing?

Trimpampusik Sat 10-Nov-12 19:50:08

Hi Panzee! I get really tired and sleepy at work around 15:00 o'clock, and can't concentrate, but thankfully most of my teaching is finished by then. On the weekends I tend to sleep a lot during the day to catch up with sleep. Sofar does help. smile

aldan Sun 11-Nov-12 12:35:24

Hi, adding myself to feb 2013, DS2 is due on the 27th smile

GwendolynMoon Mon 12-Nov-12 14:44:52

Hi Panzee I am 28 weeks today and feeling ok, am exhausted by the time I get home from work but just about managing through the day. A weird thing I have noticed is that if I forget to drink lots of water/herbal tea during the day I feel much more knackered by about 3pm....may just be me!

Really looking forward to two weeks off around Christmas and NY and then only 2ish weeks left at work before maternity leave starts, can't wait.

Hi aldan

aldan Mon 12-Nov-12 15:36:36

That doesn't sound like long left at work for you smile

GwendolynMoon Mon 12-Nov-12 15:51:31

I know! Realised when I was in the process of compiling handover notes for my maternity cover and doing a work plan for finishing off projects that it is only about 7 actual working weeks! Am ecstatic (and a teeny bit terrified! wink)

Panzee Mon 12-Nov-12 16:47:16

I'm finishing at Christmas and have 2 weeks annual leave before maternity. Can't wait. smile

aldan Mon 12-Nov-12 19:46:53

I only work part time so I have 27 days left to work and I finish on 25th Jan gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now