Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Want2bSupermum Mon 25-Feb-13 02:21:56

Thank you everyone! I am still fuming with DH because there is DD's dr appointment for her hearing, my obn appointments, the paediatrican and my annual physical with my GP that has to be redone with regards to paperwork. DH took the day off from studying today thank goodness. While DD napped he helped me get dinners portioned out for the week. I have DD's food in ziplock bags with what needs to be added each day. The freezer has a shelf for DD and one for DH with his lunches and dinners.

Can't eat past midnight so took advantage of my low calorie day tomorrow and ate a chocolate bar with chocolate ice cream for dinner. It is likely that this is our last baby so it was nice to indulge for the last time. I am one of those who gains easily so eating ice cream, let alone a whole tub of ben and jerrys plus a ritter sport, is not something I do. I took a chaser of Gas-X too as I had terrible gas pains which crippled me after emcs with DD.

Aldan Mon 25-Feb-13 06:03:54

Good luck want2b

Congratulations panzee and nar4 thanksgrin

Been awake most of the night as the cats keep waking me up, they are worse than children!

Can87 Mon 25-Feb-13 09:13:22

Congratulations panzee & nar, that's great new you didn't have to be induced this time around smile
I still don't think my baby is going to make a appearance before induction, but we'll see. I'm fed up of doing things to try to start labour now, so that's it I'm just waiting from this point forward!

Good luck to those of us still left, and congrats for everyone already holding their little ones smile xxxx

Mixxy Mon 25-Feb-13 11:16:31

Congrats to all! thanks. It's starting to get a little lonely around here.

Hey can. Pretty elite group left, huh? confused

Aldan Mon 25-Feb-13 13:02:10

I think I'll be here until march, section booked for 6th march if nothing happens before then wink

Can87 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:04:30

Yep were definitly getting rather low on the grounds mixxy.
How are you doing, any signs yet? Xx

Mixxy Mon 25-Feb-13 13:14:33

No signs yet. Going to demand to be induced today I think. My Mum flies home tomorrow : (

CackleALot Mon 25-Feb-13 14:43:17

Hi Ladies...I'm still here too!

Had appointment with consultant today, she did an internal & sweep (the word 'sweep' is misleading - ouch!) said cervix was soft but not really favourable yet. Spoke about induction with balloon catheter which didn't sound much fun so I'm booked in for section this wed!

Mixxy Mon 25-Feb-13 18:21:21

I'm in the hospital being induced. Wish me luck ladies. I'll be thinking of you guys too.

Can87 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:26:06

Good luck if you did end up being induced today mixxy let us know how it goes smile

God cackle balloon catheter? Even imagining how that works scares me a little, good news about the CS, only 2 more days, how exciting!
At this rate Il be the only one left by Thursday, ahhh!!! Xx

Can87 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:27:35

Ooo looks like paths crossed as i was writing that post! Best of luck, you'll be cuddling your little bundle before you know it smile yay xx

Aldan Mon 25-Feb-13 19:54:15

Good luck mixxy grin

Can, I'll be here until march!

NAR4 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:24:35

Good luck mixxy

Can87 Mon 25-Feb-13 20:31:05

Me and you untill the end then alden, I'll also be March if i have to wait for induction!

Were nearly at the end either way i suppose smile xx

Mixxy Tue 26-Feb-13 01:13:22

Yup, just got offered the balloon thingy. I'm going to pass on it. Here for 9+ hours and 0.00cm dilated. This baby just does not want to come out.

Want2bSupermum Tue 26-Feb-13 03:51:53

Hi everyone. Mixxy I don't blame you to passing on an induction.

I had my CS this morning and we are now proud parents to DS, Philip, who weighed in at 10lbs 6oz. So happy I went for the CS!

Mixxy Tue 26-Feb-13 06:50:50

Congrats wanttobe! What a big boy! thanks

I didn't pass on induction, just on the balloon thing.

Want2bSupermum Tue 26-Feb-13 08:55:57

Oh Mixxy I hope things are moving along for you. I remember when I was induced with DD. It took a while.

Aldan Tue 26-Feb-13 09:02:24

Congratulations want2be grinthanks

Hope things get moving soon mixxy

NAR4 Tue 26-Feb-13 12:34:48

Congratulations want2be and hope things are starting to wrok now Mixxy.

Aldan Wed 27-Feb-13 07:48:08

Due date today grin

Baby moved last night from having his back along my side to being straight down the middle of my tummy. Felt like a BIG movement. Things are definitely heading in the right direction...

Can87 Wed 27-Feb-13 11:19:08

That's great news Aldan hopefully things will start moving along soon smile
Im just sat at the doctors waiting for my midwife appointment, would be good if this sweep works and i don't need to be induced Friday.

A really smelly guy has just sat down next to me in the waiting room, and its actually making me feel a bit sick, but i don't feel like i can move, ahhh....

Aldan Wed 27-Feb-13 14:37:18

Oh no can, yuck. Hope sweep was ok smile

After last nights moving, baby has given no more signs today, thought it might happen today. Oh well, more waiting...

NAR4 Wed 27-Feb-13 16:42:07

Hope the sweep works Can. I'm sure it was my third sweep that got my labour started. (Sweep was at 9.30am and labour started at 4pm).

Nicky1306 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:27:09

Hi everyone! I have added a postnatal thread in here called feb 13 babies sleepless nights and stitches x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now