Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Want2bSupermum Tue 12-Feb-13 21:12:00

Hi everyone. Mixxy I am in Northern NJ with a due date of the 15th. DH is in Dallas and going to Houston this evening before returning tomorrow evening. Nothing has been going on over here!

While they don't do gas and air here they have epidurals on demand or the natural birthing suite and you get your own room afterwards with ensuite bathroom. I am not allowed to do the natural birthing suite as I had preclampsia with DD. In fact, I am hoping to make it to my scheduled CS on the 25th at 10am! I have taken it easy today and sofa surfed all day. I felt bad for dropping off DD at daycare but I have to take care of myself and get things done before DS arrives.

NAR4 Wed 13-Feb-13 09:00:19

Panzee, 36, DC2, EDD 10/02/13, boy
Trimpampusik, 37, DC1, EDD 11/02/13, twin boys popped?
BoxOfMonkeys, 30, DC2, EDD 11/02/13, boy (induction booked for 25th Feb)
Gbnewbie, 37, DC1, EDD 12/02/13, boy
NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Want2bSupermum, EDD 15/02/13 (ELC 25th Feb)
Mixxy, 34, DC1 EDD 17/2/2013, boy
Can87, 25, DC1, EDD 17/02/13, Suprise
HermioneE, 31, DC1, EDD 20/02/13, girl
CackleALot, 29, DC2 EDD 24/02/13 waiting for a surprise!
HildaInstant, 33, DC2, EDD 26/02/13 (ELCS booked 20 Feb 13), Lucky dip flavour
Aldan, 37, DC2, EDD 27/02/13, boy
irismom, 32, Dc2, EDD 02/03/13, (ELC 25th Feb) boy

Congratulations lazy machine. February is def the month for boys it seems.

What a shame Boxofmonkeys. Now you have relaxed and are just looking forwards to 25th Feb, maybe something will happen. I think the more excited we get about our due date arriving, the more tense our bodies get, delaying labour.

Gbnewbie Wed 13-Feb-13 09:47:08

Hello all, some movement here as has def had my show and the cramps are stronger than they have been. How many days will it be now???

Anyone else feeling anything?

Panzee Wed 13-Feb-13 09:55:49

Great news gbnewbie! I had a couple of twinges in the night, some up high and soe down below, but am stressing about baby's position. Hope you keep progressing. smile

BoxOfMonkeys Wed 13-Feb-13 09:55:55

Thanks for the stats update NAR, and congrats on being one day off d-day. Well, would you believe it, I had my show last night, right after I placed the message, so I think you're right, you know. They say similar when trying for kids, don't they? Relax and it will happen. Even though the show was a move in the right direction, I didn't let it send me back to waiting and as a result, had a great night's sleep. Belated congrats going out to LazyMahine and hope all reading are doing well and in high spirits. smile

Gbnewbie Wed 13-Feb-13 10:04:29

Thanks Panzee smile (fingers crossed). Just like Boxof says, I think the edd holds so much power foolishly that I certainly built too much on it. I also slept well so perhaps the relaxing helped??
I hope all of those wanting to progress do!
I hope your little one turns, I can't find a mention of what position your little one is in (mine was b2b last time he was checked).

hildainstant Wed 13-Feb-13 11:01:56

Welcome gbnewbie, another from across the pond! You're very welcome!!

It sounds like a few of us are having some developments! I went over with DS1 and remember the torment of waiting.

I still can't believe how many boys we're all having! Maybe one of us having surprises will balance it out a little! It seems that the majority of people opt to find out the baby's gender rather than wait for a surprise!

Well, I'm now on official countdown. This time next week I'll either be in theatre or in high dependency after having my bundle!! It's a weird feeling though knowing exactly when it'll happen, but one I'm glad of (....sorry for those who are waiting!). My baby is still breech, which doesn't matter, but it feels like I have a foot in each hip from time to time. Def the weirdest feeling I've experienced! I suppose the size of it, it needs to find all the nooks and crannies it can to have a bit room! I must remember to ask them to measure me before the op to see what my final measurements are....I guess 46!!

Ninjacat Wed 13-Feb-13 13:03:24

I know it's a bit last min but can I join you?
I had an ectopic back in March so have been quite low key on this pg but booked in for a elcs on Feb 22nd at 40 weeks so guess this really is going to happen now.

Congratulations to all the arrivals smile

NAR4 Wed 13-Feb-13 13:13:11

Panzee, 36, DC2, EDD 10/02/13, boy
Trimpampusik, 37, DC1, EDD 11/02/13, twin boys, popped?
BoxOfMonkeys, 30, DC2, EDD 11/02/13, boy (induction booked for 25th Feb)
Gbnewbie, 37, DC1, EDD 12/02/13, boy
NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Want2bSupermum, EDD 15/02/13 (ELC 25th Feb)
Mixxy, 34, DC1 EDD 17/2/2013, boy
Can87, 25, DC1, EDD 17/02/13, Suprise
HermioneE, 31, DC1, EDD 20/02/13, girl
Ninjacat, EDD 22/02/13, (ELCS 22nd Feb)
CackleALot, 29, DC2 EDD 24/02/13 waiting for a surprise!
HildaInstant, 33, DC2, EDD 26/02/13 (ELCS booked 20 Feb 13), Lucky dip flavour
Aldan, 37, DC2, EDD 27/02/13, boy
irismom, 32, Dc2, EDD 02/03/13, (ELC 25th Feb) boy

Please correct or amend as necessary.

NAR4 Wed 13-Feb-13 13:16:47

Bless, my DH just phoned from work (during his lunch break) to check I was alright and tell me to rest.

Now I have done four loads of washing and put it all away, plus two dishwasher loads, cooked shepherds pie for tea, cleaned the toilet and fed my DD and me, I am of course resting. I think he thinks the house pixies come in during the day whilst I rest in front of the TV.

Gbnewbie Wed 13-Feb-13 14:42:57

My waters have broken... Off to hospital. Eek!!!

Want2bSupermum Wed 13-Feb-13 15:22:13

Good luck GBnewbie

Panzee Wed 13-Feb-13 15:23:23

Yay! Good luck grin

NAR4 Wed 13-Feb-13 15:36:45

Very exciting Gbnewbie and only a day past your due date. Please let us know when baby boy arrives.

BoxOfMonkeys Wed 13-Feb-13 15:58:46

Wow GBnewbie!!! Good luck... and it looks like the good sleep/relaxing did help after all. Thinking of you....!

Welcome Ninja, iris and want2be. I only joined this thread a week or so ago too - it's when it gets this close that you really need to let off steam with those in the same position so I bet loads of threads fill up in the final weeks.

Panzee, assuming Trimp now has her hands full with two brand new boys, we're the only ones on the list past their due date and not in labour! What's going on?! wink

Right, off for another bath now that the day's chores are done (DD goes to nursery on a Wednesday so I can write all afternoon, but pregnancy brings on writer's block so I just rattle around these days, wishing I could get back to normal. That's another reason why I find pregnancy so difficult).

Keep us all updated, girls! brew thanks

Chefhayley86 Wed 13-Feb-13 17:53:20

Hi all. I'm counting down the days. Due 25/2/13 first baby and its a girl. Very fed up now after being off work for 9 weeks already. Couldn't work in the kitchen doing 15 hour days while pregnant.

Nicky1306 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:27:31

Hi posted on here ages ago......not long to go now! I'm due a lucky dip flavour on 16/02/2013 feeling rather rough today.....really tired with a bit of an upset tum......hoping this Is the start of things! If not I've got a sweep booked for tomorrow x

Want2bSupermum Wed 13-Feb-13 20:07:01

Had another check up today and the dr said that DS is very high up and there is nothing going on. They offered me an earlier CS but I need a break before DS arrives. I have not stopped since DD was born 18 months ago. This is my last chance to relax and I am taking it!

CackleALot Wed 13-Feb-13 20:23:28

Hi to those of you joining us!

Looking forward to hearing news GB!

I've had awful day - feeling really down & fed up. Have felt like crying all day and finally burst into tears at dinner time when DS wouldn't eat his meal!hmm I'm just awful to be around just now, moody, snappy & tearful - poor DS & DP sad

Had MW today, baby lying oblique with its head on a nerve on my pelvis sending pains down my left leg.

Urgh, sorry for moan...

Hope to hear nice birth stories from you girls over edd soon

Mixxy Wed 13-Feb-13 22:03:38

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day cackleAlot. I really can relate on the moody, snappy, teary breakdowns. Hope you get some good rest tonight. You'll feel much better if you do. wink

bopfactory Thu 14-Feb-13 08:13:39

Hi everyone, not posted for a few days... am 2 days overdue now but nothing happening despite lots of twinges, back ache etc - and excruciating bladder pressure! Having a sweep tomorrow morning so hopefully that might get things going! Feeling very fed up... though strangely am sleeping like a log at night so I guess I should try to enjoy that before the sleepless nights begin!

Want2bSupermum with my last baby I had a check up on my due date and was told baby was high up and nothing going on... then the very next day I bent to pick something up and as I stood up I literally felt his head bump down onto my cervix, contractions started and he was born about 4 hours later!

NAR4 Thu 14-Feb-13 09:15:46

Good luck with your sweeps everyone. Hope we will have more birth announcements soon. So far all the births seem to be alright. No horror stories.

irismom Thu 14-Feb-13 15:17:26

any updates anyone???

have u all decided the name??

NAR4 Thu 14-Feb-13 15:19:33

No name yet. DH won't agree to anything at all. He did this with my 3rd DS and then suggested a name when I said I needed to push. Funny but I just agreed. This time I am prepared and have a list of possible names that I like and will be repeatedly suggesting throughout labour. If he knows whats good for him he will agree on one.

irismom Thu 14-Feb-13 16:45:44

lol.. funny about your DS3. Same here, I had a list from 6th month. He is not agreeing with anything at all.. Now waiting for his turn to make a list.. men!!! dnt think it will happen anytime soon.. With DD1 we couldnt agree on anything, and her Birth certificate came, "Not Named Yet" and then we had to add. later on. Dnt want that to happen sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now