Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

HermioneE Sat 09-Feb-13 10:26:45

Hmm and if I was your best mate I'd have a 4-day old by now. Is that the trick? monkeys if I swear to be your BFF will it make baby happen?!

NAR4 Sat 09-Feb-13 11:22:36

Had so many strong BH now that have come to nothing, I don't think I will believe I am in labour until the head comes out. Thats assuming I don't need to be induced again.

Labour vibes to everyone. These last few weeks are driving me insane.

Mixxy Sat 09-Feb-13 19:11:10

boxofmonkeys I'm fine here in the snow, thanks. Nowhere near as bad as I thought. Though if I still lived up in Boston, I'd be significantly worse off.

Sorry to hear that our collective wills haven't managed to break one set of waters. I'm in two minds of whether I want to deliver instantly or leave it another week. I've been having terrible nightmares (when I can get to sleep) about the child being born with FAS (see, I didn't know I was pregnant until 7 weeks, drank like a sailor beforehand). Don't know that gong into labour this stressed out will help the process sad.

My DH got all excited yesterday as apparently or babies will all be born in the Year of the Snake on the Chinese New Year Calander. Why this excites him, I don't know. But apparently it's very good for our babies!

hildainstant Sat 09-Feb-13 20:50:16

Mixxy, try not to stress and don't worry about getting drunk before you knew about baby - most of my friends have done so before finding out about their pregnancies and our children are all fine!! My midwife explained its prolonged alcohol use that's the most causing of concern.

I've just done a quick search and read about the year of the snake - I don't know if I like what I read!! Apparently our babies will be very smart but have a tendency to use it in a cold and calculating manner!!!! But then again, when I read about my sign (Goat) I'm nothing like it so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt!!

I'm at the hospital on Monday to see our consultant. I'm inclined to lay it on thick and persuade her I'm massively struggling and will find it hard to go to the 20th....she may even bring it a bit forward for me! I am huge to be fair, so she may take pity on me!!

BoxOfMonkeys Sun 10-Feb-13 00:47:07

Ha, ha, well it seems to work for her, HermioneE so sending BFF vibes your way in hopes your waters suddenly break!

Glad to hear you've not got the brunt of the snow, Mixxy, and good luck for Monday, Hilda.

NAR4 I feel exactly the same as your last post tonight. You'd think that the closer we got to the 42-week mark (the very, very longest we know it could go on for), the more the frustration would lessen but for me the hope that 'this could be the evening' makes it worse when it then turns out not to be.

(***I just spent about half an hour writing a massive rant about a comment a friend made to me yesterday that I found supremely irritating, but then realised how hormonal the whole thing was so have just deleted it!!!***) GOD! HORMONES!!!!

Anyway, it's 00:37 and I've maxed out my daily allowance of heartburn tablets so I shall bid you all a good night. XXX

Trimpampusik Sun 10-Feb-13 06:47:54

Hey All, I am getting slowly very frustrated with the boys, as they are very comfortable inside and have no intention to come out. I have had all sort of signs including the period like pain for a long time which then passes, strong ( but not regular) tightenings, have been jumping on my birthing ball for hours, walking a bit ( as it is very painful now that they weight sooo much ), even tried to have sex ( lol ) - guess what - nothing... they are not coming out on their own. So we have issued the boys a notice to vacate the premises by Tuesday.

Going to be induced tomorrow smile have to call the hospial at 7:30 in the morning... bag has been ready for weeks...Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait, will let you know as soon as, as taking my ipad with me to the hospital smile

Thank you everyone for your best wishes smile xxx

Aldan Sun 10-Feb-13 06:55:24

How's the snow mixxy? We were forecast some today but nothing yet which I'm glad about smile

Trimp good luck for tomorrow, your boys will be here very soon

I was woken up at 5.50 this morning by the neighbours cat talking, I wasn't sure what it was at first so I got up to check it wasn't DS having a bad dream but no it was the cat complaining about the food blush. Decided to stay awake and listen to my hypnobirthing recording. I really need to make more effort with it all now and listen every day. Read my TENS instructions last night so I know how to work it now and got the pram out of the loft and cleaned it so I think I am good to go grin

Gbnewbie Sun 10-Feb-13 09:43:59

Hey all

I'm sure my boy is way too comfy to even consider making an appearance (sigh)...

Had the spiciest curry I could manage l.night,worth a try. Nothing happening of winkcourse. Boo!!

Midwife tomorrow for me so will ask for a sweep as suggested by my hypnobirthing teacher who is a MW at the same hospital.

So glad for you that you've got the induction Trimp, I can't imagine carrying 2. The best of luck to you.

The best of luck to all grin

Mixxy Sun 10-Feb-13 17:22:49

Snow is fine, main roads are all ploughed. That's the advantage of living in Manhattan. Others are not so lucky.

Having a bit of a hormonal wobble. Luckily MIL as invited herself round to run her white gloved fingers around our apartment. Helpful.

So jealous of you guys back across the pond with sweeps. We have nothing like that here. Just straight to induction. Also have no gas and air for delivery, just straight to epidural.

Still waiting on that nesting burst of energy. Any day now. Maybe even after this 5 hour power nap...

Good luck ladies!

hildainstant Mon 11-Feb-13 08:51:46

Think I'm glad I'm in the UK - usually the US are so much more advanced than us etc but glad to know we have good mw support!

I think things are starting to move about down there - hopefully not a sign of full on labour but I think a show is imminent. I'll mention this at the hospital this avo and maybe, just maybe they'll take pity and bring me in a tad earlier.

A BF question for you - when you squeeze your boobs (for those of us still pg) how much 'milk' do you see come out? I only ever see 2-3 tiny droplets and others I know have full on squirts!! I had problems BFing my DS so much so we ended up back in hospital after he lost 1.5lbs in 5 days, I was starving my poor little pudding!!

Think I'm going straight to formula this time as I can't bear the thought of the same happening but hoped for an insight from you if possible....ta!

BoxOfMonkeys Mon 11-Feb-13 10:36:49

Good luck Trimp!! Soo excited for you!!!

Mixxy, I didn't realise you were deprived of gas and air over the pond. After 9 months of not being able to drink, I really look forward to it, ha ha!

Hilda, I dare not squeeze my boobs as I have scar tissue deep inside one from an accident at 15, which as a result means I have hang-ups about pain involving them (BF for 4-wks last time but DD also lost weight and was relived to switch to formula after suffering wildly over it). However, I leaked a couple of drops the other night but that was it. I've read that pregnancy colostrum is totally variable from woman to woman, so don't worry if not much is happening yet, it doesn't mean anything and your actual milk supply will come in when your baby's ready for it. I'm going to try to BF again but not going to be a martyr about it if it makes both me and DS miserable. I think a happy mum and full baby is healthier than weeks and weeks of prolonged starvation and pain if it's just not working.

Well, today's my due date and I couldn't sleep last night for excited expectancy! I keep thinking I'm going into labour late in the evening but it must just be the day's-worth of food intake pushing my bump down because now it's morning all 'signs' have stopped again. I'm okay with him not coming today though because I need to clean this house and do (another) 'last' big shop... oh, and Black Mirror starts again tonight!! wink

hildainstant Mon 11-Feb-13 12:44:30

Happy due date Box!! I totally agree with your attitude to BF, and that's the sneaky advice my MW gave me with DS1 (off the record!!). Think I'm going to give this one colostrum then switch if its too traumatic...no guilt attached!

HermioneE Mon 11-Feb-13 13:01:17

Good luck Trimp, hope it's all going well!

Box am amused that you are waiting for Black Mirror tonight. I didn't like to tell DH that I wanted labour to hold off till after that blush

Hilda no milk at all here, mind you my nipples are a bit inverted so that might be why. But I've also been told that some women don't have any milk before baby is born so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Well, nothing much happening here, had a bit of a show and some crampy BH yesterday but everything's subsided overnight. So it's another day of bouncing, box sets and laundry for me grin

NAR4 Mon 11-Feb-13 13:54:16

hilda I breastfed all four of mine and intend to breastfeed this one. I have never leaked colostrum or milk before having the baby and then it takes about 5-7 days for my milk to come in. All my babies were fine though, so it was obviously enough. If you really want to give breastfeeding a go, then get some advise before you have the baby, it will make you more confident and relaxed when the time comes. Look on line and phone up a breastfeeding counsillor and find out where your nearest breastfeeding group is.

Trimp good luck with your induction. Please update us when you have time.

Have now managed to get a midwife appointment at a different surgery for Thursday (my EDD) and will be begging for the promised sweep, that I was turned down for last week.

Gbnewbie Mon 11-Feb-13 16:21:40

Nar, really good to read your positive words on bf'ing... Seems to be so much negative talk far too often in this country. I went on a fantastic nhs workshop which dispelled so many myths and stereotypes that give such a negative slant. There is a lot of support out there, it just seems to be a bit hidden. I'm going to give it my all. Of course there are people it just doesn't 'work' for, I just hope I'm not one of them!!

Great about your appt! I had my mw appt today (40 wks tmw) and they refused the sweep despite me being told last week by a mw from the same hospital that I could absolutely have it done today, not happy... Have an acupuncture appt at 5 to hopefully move things along gently!

Wondering if anyone else has now met their little one and when we'll get to hear. Fingers crossed for us all!

hildainstant Mon 11-Feb-13 17:37:06

I'm fresh back from my latest consultant apt - saw my baby on scan for the last time again and it's still breech. Forms all signed, swabs all taken (to make sure I'm not harbouring the Lurgy!) and got another apt for Mon booked in before all systems go next Wed!

I've started to get quite excited now - not that I was dreading it but having Gabriel to focus on has taken my mind off it, and the fact I'll meet my baby 'next week' it's become all very real!! We're all very lucky ladies to be in our position!

Ooh, I hope the next announcement arrives soon...I hope all is ok with the twins' arrival

Aldan Mon 11-Feb-13 22:33:14

I didn't leak any milk in pregnancy last time and BF DS for 13 months. No leakage yet either but not worried smile

Having loads of braxton hicks again today and baby's head was grinding on my cervix all round ikea. I started to think maybe things would happen soon but now I'm thinking not!

Mixxy Mon 11-Feb-13 23:49:26

Have a headache that won't go away and can't get out of the loo for more than 20 minutes at a time. My doctor is sending me to L&D to watch for PE. Cross your fingers this LO gets to come out of his own accord!

Gbnewbie Tue 12-Feb-13 00:11:53

Mixxy, sorry to hear that hmm fingers and toes crossed. Best of luck

irismom Tue 12-Feb-13 06:08:40

good morning all,
could anyone please add me to the list?? I knw it is lastminute, but just found out this thread.
irismom, 32, Dc2, edd march 2nd, Elective CS on 25th Feb/boy

Congrats to those who have already poped out. and all the best for those who are in line, esply trimp. Hope everything went well with her.
Love to read through the posts, surprised to see no complaints- queries abt cramps/pain/BHs. Had cs for dd1 and was only on 37 weeks, so dint actually have any symp (was not in UK then). now dont know what to expect, other than expecting a hospital visit everyday now, due to periods like cramps..

keep posting.

NAR4 Tue 12-Feb-13 08:53:21

LazyMachine, 38, DC1, EDD 09/02/13, MiniMachine = boy flavoured
Panzee, 36, DC2, EDD 10/02/13, boy
Trimpampusik, 37, DC1, EDD 11/02/13, twin boys popped?
BoxOfMonkeys, 30, DC2, EDD 11/02/13, boy
Gbnewbie, 37, DC1, EDD 12/02/13, boy
NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Mixxy, 34, DC1 EDD 17/2/2013, boy
Can87, 25, DC1, EDD 17/02/13, Suprise
HermioneE, 31, DC1, EDD 20/02/13, girl
CackleALot, 29, DC2 EDD 24/02/13 waiting for a surprise!
HildaInstant, 33, DC2, EDD 26/02/13 (ELCS booked 20 Feb 13), Lucky dip flavour
Aldan, 37, DC2, EDD 27/02/13, boy
irismom, 32, Dc2, EDD 02/03/13, (ELC 25th Feb) boy

I apologise in advance if I have listed you here and you have now popped. My memory is shocking.

Gbnewbie Tue 12-Feb-13 10:18:09

LazyMachine has posted on the other thread that her little boy was born on the 7th and all sounds very well smilesmilesmile!

Mixxy Tue 12-Feb-13 15:02:05

Ooh well done Lazy! Released from hospital after been given fluids. No sign of anyone budging down there. T-5 days!

Panzee Tue 12-Feb-13 15:37:18

Glad you're feeling better. smile
I told my boy I wanted him today! Absolutely no signs though. sad

BoxOfMonkeys Tue 12-Feb-13 19:37:50

Hey all,

Went to the hospital today for a sweep (40+1 now) but the neck of my womb is closed still so the consultant wouldn't perform it. He said that this at this stage in the second pregnancy is rare. Awesome. hmm It's looking like I'll be having another well overdue baby. They've booked me in for another try at a sweep next Tues. Failing that, an induction on the 25th. I also had my third set of blood tests for anaemia as I've suffered with terribly low iron in the second and third trimester. Been taking iron tablets for two weeks now and feel a heck of a lot better though. Although it wasn't the 'gosh! You're 9cm dilated!' news I was hoping for today (wink), at least I'll stop clock watching now as that has been doing me no good. In some ways, accepting I'll be waiting for a long time yet is a relief.

Hope you are all well.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now