Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

BoxOfMonkeys Mon 04-Feb-13 21:07:13

Yey! Congratulations Nightgarden and Moomin! Ooo it's encouraging that we're starting to drop now and love that both births were good uns. GB I am feeling exactly the same about Wed'/running maximum over. Wed' for me is reflexology, midwife app. and big shop day (inc. pineapple and all that) and although I've got a feeling he'll start making his way out Thurs/Fri, the other half of me is thinking that's wishful thinking and that I'll either be preggers right up until 42-weeks or just basically forever.

Trimp I hope you're not hearing this 100 times a day and have it irritate the heck out of you but... WOW your lads must be comfy in there! Good on you for carrying them so far along and keeping sanity to boot - man, you deserve a BIG chilled glass of Champagne once you give birth (or two... after all, you are carrying two)! Glad all is talked through and good again Hilda and welcome Hermoine (a girl - yey! smile).

Other than the tiniest bit of period-like pain for about 2 minutes in bed over the past few nights, and loo goings-on (the less said about that the better), I could be 20-weeks as much as 39-weeks. Think part of me just can't believe I'm actually 39-weeks and that labour will ever happen. Ee well, at least some of us are moving and that gives me hope.

Thinking of you all xxx

bopfactory Tue 05-Feb-13 15:18:43

Hi all,

Haven't been on this thread for ages - can't believe the big day is nearly here! Am 39 weeks exactly today and saw midwife this morning, who gave me the 'induction' leaflet - really hoping it won't come to that though! Hoping baby will appear next week as it's half term and will be easier not having to worry about getting the other DCs to school!
Having loads of twinges all the time and bladder constantly feels like it's about to burst, but nothing else happening...
Congrats to those who've already 'popped' and good luck everyone else!
x

NAR4 Tue 05-Feb-13 15:25:16

I'm thinking the same as you bopfactory. I really hope my baby puts in an appearance at the end of next week, then I have a whole week (half term) of not having to worry about the school run.

Still having loads of back pain and period pains, mostly during the night and also the regular number twos, as my body prepares itself, but no labour yet.

CackleALot Tue 05-Feb-13 15:58:58

Hi all - I've been reading posts and now finally have time to reply! Started mat leave this week so having brew & browse on here! is all very exciting now! I'm 37+2.

Could someone please add my details to the list...

CackleALot 29 DC2 EDD 24/2/13 waiting for a surprise!

(well done HILDA for getting through 5 scans! I nearly cracked at my 3rd scan, I want to know whats I'm having now!! smile )

INTHENIGHT congratulations on the safe arrival of Harvey! thanks I remember the troubles of bfing the first time. from maybe day 4-6 my nipples were agony - bleeding & cracked. I dreaded each feed & cried, it was awful. MW checked latch & said it was fine. I found nipple shields & lansinoh nipple cream helped and it DID get better after couple of days. l agree with HILDA don't feel pressured into continuing if its too distressing - best to aim for relaxed mum & baby & enjoy these early days.

MOOMIN congratulations! thanks Have you decided on a name yet? We're still trying to decide on ours...

GB I look forward tho hearing about your hypnobirthing session tomorrow.

TRIM I take my hat off to you for carrying those twins! makes me think I should stop moaning about how uncomfortable I feel with just 1 in there grin

Now I'm on mat leave I'm on proper count down now. Had consultant appointment & scan last weeks as DS was breech. Scan all good with this one - head down & average size! Found it really difficult to decide ELCS or VBAC. Decided to try for VBAC but to get booked in for section at 41 wks if nothing as I don't want induced and not sure if I can bare SPD for any longer!

Very nervous about this birth because I've never done the 'normal' delivery.

Hope everyone having a good day - sorry for long post!

Gbnewbie Tue 05-Feb-13 17:04:26

LazyMachine, 38, DC1, EDD 09/02/13, MiniMachine = boy flavoured
Panzee, 36, DC2, EDD 10/02/13, boy
Trimpampusik, 37, DC1, EDD 11/02/13, twin boys
BoxOfMonkeys, 30, DC2, EDD 11/02/13, boy
Gbnewbie, 37, DC1, EDD 12/02/13, boy
NAR4, 37, D*C5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
HermioneE, 31, DC1, EDD 20/02/13, girl
CackleALot, 29, DC2 EDD 24/02/13 waiting for a surprise!
HildaInstant, 33, DC2, EDD 26/02/13 (ELCS booked 20 Feb 13), Lucky dip flavour
Aidan, EDD 27/02/13, boy DS2

Aldan Tue 05-Feb-13 19:48:00

Just altering my stats

NAR4, 37, D*C5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Aldan, 37, DC2, EDD 27/02/13, boy

Aldan Tue 05-Feb-13 19:55:37

Not been on for a couple of days and I feel like I've missed loads!

Inthenightgarden congratulations grin hope the BF is going better and congratulations to moomin hope you are looking after yourself post CS.

I'm the opposite bopfactory and nar4 I do not want this baby next week while its half term, I want to spend as much time with DS as possible smile

Panzee Wed 06-Feb-13 11:01:02

Things are moving slowly but surely! Baby is now 2/5 engaged, I knew he was getting heavy! The midwife said the only sure thing to help induce labour was sex. Not sure how I feel about that!

CackleALot Wed 06-Feb-13 23:07:02

Thanks for adding me GB.

Had MW today, she said "oh, you're ready to go anytime...I'll give you 6 days!" Now, I know she can't predict the future but hoping her experience makes her right! grin

We decided on a name, Joseph John. Staples came out today but a bit of the cut is opening up so need to phone the mw in the morning. Hopefully it will just be a case of having some more glue to help close it!

Mixxy Thu 07-Feb-13 04:09:07

Oh this thread seems to be the one to be on as people are actually having babies on it. Can somebody add me to the list please?
Aged, 34, Due 17/2/2013, First child, boy.

BoxOfMonkeys Thu 07-Feb-13 10:10:09

Hi Mixxy, good thread innit? All the ones that I've nosied on in the past tend to go overdue so hopefully this will bring us luck!

I thought I was going into early labour last night. Had period-like cramps every 20 minutes for three runs but then it just stopped and today I feel much more agile today than I've felt in weeks. Anyone know what that could mean? I better check under the bed and make sure he didn't slip out un-noticed in the night (chance would be a fine thing).

At 39+4, I can't believe I'm actually at the end and very soon to meet our son. I feel anxious this time around (was all excited and rose-tinted about labour with Katy - which turned out to be long and arduous as she was back-to-back) so am just about to have a look for some free hyponbirthing podcasts on iTunes to listen to tonight in the bath.

Hope you're having a good week all.

xxx

Mixxy Thu 07-Feb-13 14:43:21

Oh back to back labour makes me worry! Good luck Boxfmnkeys!

NAR4 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:50:55

NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Mixxy, 34, DC1 EDD 17/2/2013, boy

Midwife had finally agreed to do a sweep at 39 wks because I have been up most nights for the last 2 wks with strong BHs. Got to appointment only to find she was off sick and her stand in said I def couldn't have a sweep before 31 wks. Aaaaaargh! Had convinced myself the sweep was going to get labour started properly. Feel so very tired now and really dreading another induction, especially because it looks like I will have to be in hospital alone.

hildainstant Thu 07-Feb-13 17:59:35

Ah Nar4, I feel your pain! What a bummer that the replacement MW wouldn't do a sweep, sounds a bit mean to me.

This thread seems to be getting lively now!!

Moomin - lovely name! Will it be shortened to JJ? Or will he have his full name?

And welcome Mixxy!

Well, today was my last day at work ...thank God! Was a good feeling walking out knowing I'd handed everything over and other people's worries are no longer my own (I work in HR!). I'm was using the office to get some physical rest though since my DS demands so much attention but its a nice feeling nontheless!! Less than 2 weeks wait for me now, I love the fact that I know the exact date and that this time in 2 weeks I'll be snuggling my day old bambino! That's if labour doesn't happen of its own accord!

Who's next do you think?

Can87 Thu 07-Feb-13 19:35:21

Can I be added to the list please, been following the thread for a while but now actualy have time to post

Can87, 25, DC1, EDD 17/02/13, Suprise

No signs for me yet, he/she is obviously too comfortable, fingers crossed for next week! Congrats for those who have already had their little ones, and good luck to those still waiting!! Xxxx

Gbnewbie Thu 07-Feb-13 22:14:13

NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
Mixxy, 34, DC1 EDD 17/2/2013, boy
Can87, 25, DC1, EDD 17/02/13, Suprise

Gbnewbie Thu 07-Feb-13 22:25:57

Hello oldies and newies!

Slow progress here.. have had a few of the period type twingse too boxofmonkeys, quite a few yesterday eve but just vague lower back ache at times today.

Increasingly frustrated with getting tired when walking the shortest distance as I'm desperate to take my wonderful patient dog out for a proper walk!!

I'm happy with my hypnobirthing "top up". Have been listening to a cd and reading a book too but needed that 1-2-1 session.

Oh Nar that is so disappointing!! Can you give them a call tomorrow and find out if she's back? Maybe she'll fit you in? Worth a try!

Hilda yay for finishing work!!! I was really scared about stopping but wasn't coping. Can't believe I've been off a full week tomorrow.

I'm sure someone will post another "mines arrived" message by morning grin

Mixxy Thu 07-Feb-13 23:26:09

There's a blizzard warning for NYC (where I live) in effect right now with 18" predicted over tonight and the next day. The book on when baby is coming is apparently doing a roaring trade where I work. Thanks guys hmm

BoxOfMonkeys Fri 08-Feb-13 12:25:20

Morning Ladies!

Oooo good luck to you all with twinges and sweeps and adverse weather conditions! I'm wondering about Trimp too! Wonder if her little wee lads have arrived?? I do hope she pops back on after she's had them to tell us about it.

At about 2am this morning, my milk started to leak in response to DD coughing in her sleep (she has a cold), so I couldn't sleep with excitement, thinking 'labour's imminent!' Alas, it wasn't.

Mixxy, you'd have laughed at our country last week when we had a bit of snow and totally shut down (as ever!). Luckily you guys have good snow provisions out there so fingers crossed you'll be fine and if he's born during the blizzard it will be an interesting story when he's older. Hopefully though he'll hang in there until it thaws a bit.

NAR4 Fri 08-Feb-13 14:27:28

Gbnewbie My midwife only holds appointments in my area for three hours every two weeks, so can't even request one now until I am 41 weeks.

Had super hot curry for lunch and dinner yesterday and just had another for lunch today. Lots of pains today, especially during the food shopping and now part way through cooking pies, stew and shepherds pie, for the freezer. DS number two has an after school detention, so will need picking up from school, which is a two hour round trip. Sods law says I go into labour then. Failing that DH has important business meetings on Mon, Tue and Wed next week, so that might just jinx it into happening then.

Gbnewbie Fri 08-Feb-13 15:29:51

Oh Nar, rats!!!! Though your prediction re the drive and sods law sounds it may well be highly possible. I wish you labour proper once you are back from the drive wink

I'm getting a few more period like twinges.... So bored...

HermioneE Fri 08-Feb-13 18:18:25

Feeling a bit shamed by your cooking there NAR. So far my efforts consist of writing 'make soup' on the to-do list!

BoxOfMonkeys Sat 09-Feb-13 08:40:00

NAR4 Sod's law dictates he shall indeed appear during one of said business meetings, for sure!

Mixxy, your snow storm is the No.1 read story on our BBC news website this morning. Hope you're okay.

Well, I officially hang up my psychic hat. He's still comfortably in there and all it caused was depressing disappointment to me! My bezzer says it can just strike at any time (she has 3 girls and in Dec' her waters broke suddenly - with neither vibe nor warning - in bed at 2am and she had her at 3pm)... However, with DD it was a loooong, sloooow process and I just can't imagine I will stand up and have it start without at least 24-hours' of incling first. Thing is, my DD was b2b so the labour started on Wed but she wasn't delivered until Friday night, but DS is not b2b, so there is every chance that it could just, well, happen. I can't get my head around that though. My official due date is Monday but now I'm wondering if I'll go over. Do some women just carry their babies for longer? All threee of my bezzer's were 2-weeks early. I hate her.

HermioneE Sat 09-Feb-13 10:24:55

Do some women just carry for longer - not a clue but don't the French calculate due date as 41 weeks rather than 40? So maybe some of us have continental babies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now