Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

HermioneE Sat 02-Feb-13 13:03:04

LazyMachine, 38, DC1, EDD 2/9/13, MiniMachine = boy flavoured
Panzee 36, DC2, EDD 10/02/13, boy
Trimpampusik, 37, DC1, EDD 11/02/13, twin boys
BoxOfMonkeys, 30, DC2, EDD 11/02/13, boy
Gbnewbie, 37, DC1, EDD 12/02/13, boy
NAR4, 37, DC5, EDD 14/02/13, boy
HermioneE, 31, DC1, EDD 20/2/13, girl
HildaInstant, 33, DC2, EDD 26 Feb 13 (ELCS booked 20 Feb 13), Lucky dip flavour
Aidan EDD 27.2.13, boy DS2

Hi all
Thought I had better come and say hello as I'm having a girl and February seems to be having some gender equality issues grin

I've just started maternity leave so am hoping baby will stay put for a little bit longer so I can clear this tip of a house up relax and bank a bit of sleep. <puts feet up on birthing ball>

Hope you are all having a good weekend smile

hildainstant Sat 02-Feb-13 13:41:59

Thanks for the support Box, feeling loads better now than you! We had a good chat, or should I say I talked at him, and it turns out he's really stressed too atm and working really hard either getting DS's big boys room ready, working his shift or doing overtime to compensate for the reduced wages we'll get. He really is a good man, but sometimes doesn't see the signs when I need him.

Well ladies, it's fast approaching for us all - that life changing moment when we welcome a tiny person into our family! It's not been very real for me up til these last few days but maybe now we're in Feb it's hit home. Yes it'll be tough but it'll be amazing far more than its tough.

Maybe I'll have a girl too to balance out the gender equality!! It seems I'm the only one of us who's waiting for a surprise too....and that was me having willpower through 5 different scans!!

NAR4 Sat 02-Feb-13 17:09:47

That is amazing willpower*hilda*. I wasn't going to find out but when I had an extra scan at 32 wks it was very obvious and DH asked the soniographer to confirm it was a boy.

Had a quick visit to the hospital today re reduced movements. All is fine. Seems odd to think next time I go up there I will (hopefully) be in labour. The midwife was lovely and cheered me up saying how slim I still was with a really neat little bump. She prob says that to all the mums but it still made me smile. Feel like a buffalo personally and can't remember how thin I used to be any more.

Panzee Sat 02-Feb-13 18:31:55

Glad all is well NAR4.smile I am getting loads and loads of Braxton Hicks and walking is getting difficult! How is everyone else?

Gbnewbie Sat 02-Feb-13 19:31:57

Glad all was well too Nar. Hello to all. I am very much wishing things would start but am very nervous too. Lots of braxton hicks for me too!

Have a good evening all grin

InTheNightGarden Sat 02-Feb-13 23:15:34

JUST HAD MY BUNDLE OF JOY!!!!!

he was due on the 17th but made a shockingly quick appearance while I was at work today! Labour - 3 hours 15mins!!! crazy stuff, he's doing brilliantly and I'm now back home, can't get the hang of this breast feeding stuff tho!

Smiles smiles smiles!!!

InTheNightGarden Sat 02-Feb-13 23:16:20

Harvey 6lb 8oz smile

hildainstant Sat 02-Feb-13 23:39:04

Ah congratulations!!!! The first of our Feb babies!!

Sounds like you've had a lovely, drama free and very amazing birth...and what a lovely name!

Congrats again xxxx

LazyMachine Sun 03-Feb-13 07:08:45

Welcome to the world, Harvey!

HermioneE Sun 03-Feb-13 10:56:12

Congratulations NightGarden!!

That is one fast labour... When you say 'while you were at work', do you mean that literally?! grin

Gbnewbie Sun 03-Feb-13 11:12:51

Congratulations InTheNight!!!!! gringringrin

NAR4 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:18:12

Congrats NightGarden. Give us details when you can, I'm intrigued by the had him at work bit.

There is a feeding bit on MN if you want advise on breastfeeding. You can put a message on here too and I will see if I can help at all. I breastfed all mine.

Panzee Sun 03-Feb-13 13:30:07

Congratulations! smile

InTheNightGarden Mon 04-Feb-13 02:51:55

Thank you ladies, I love himm!

Well I was at work , waxing a clients legs when I suddenly had period type pains, absolutely nothing else!...so I ignored it (stupidly) then they just got more and more painful to the point I walked out of work, drove home and climbed into bed by which time my dp was in panic mode as I never just go to bed so started to time my "period pains" which were every minute and a half and lasting 40secs... he then rang hosp who said I need to go straight in, jumped in the car...whizzed to hosp and by the time I got there I was fully dilated and he was born 20mins after arriving! all this happened in the space of about 3 hours which 1 paracetamol as pain relief! I felt like a hero hahaa!

NAR4 going to go get nipple shields tomoz! my milks not even come in properly yet and they are stupidly sore! They almost look blistered after I feed Harvey sad and they sting the whole duration of a feed which is about 20mins but feels like 2 hoursss! almost gave up on the last feed but I know I'd feel like a failure if I did! midwife at hosp said she was really happy with "attachment and position" ...but it killsssss!!! May ring hv tomoz, see if they can help :-/

Gbnewbie Mon 04-Feb-13 09:02:31

Amazing InTheNight!! That's exactly the birth story we need!! So very pleased for you and your little 1 smile

I'm sure the experienced amongst us will have more for you but I've seen and heard this organisation spoken about so do have a look - http://www.laleche.org.uk/

The Savoy cabbage leaf tip is meant to work on soothing the nipple too.

All the best!

hildainstant Mon 04-Feb-13 11:57:58

OMG you lucky thing, your birth sounds amazing! Congratulations again!!

Hang on in there with BF, it's bloody hard at the beginning. My experiences sounded similar but ended up with me giving up after 5days and putting DS on formula. Was a bit of a scary time as he'd lost 1.5lbs in 5 days and no poo's so we ended up back in hospital. Dr's were determined I keep trying but I knew my lo needed a good feed so made my decision and he was right as rain after that and we never looked back!!

I don't tell you that to sway you into a decision but I tell you it so you know that whatever decision you make will be the right one - people (the NHS!) will try to pressure you one way or another but only YOU know what's right for you and baby. A midwife once said that the worst thing for a tiny baby is a stressed Mam and that's what I was. You'll be racked with guilt either way, that's just being a Mam!!!

I loved the closeness of BF'ing but for me, the trauma of my DS's experiences are swaying me to formula straight away. I know BF has more positives but if I have no milk I'll be starving the poor bundle!! It's such a hard call but I'll trust my instincts when the time comes!!

I wonder who's next to welcome their bundle?!

LazyMachine Mon 04-Feb-13 12:01:47

Me, me, me!! Please let it be me next!

<realises the sheer enthusiasm of that response alone probably cursed myself to a super late birth>

LazyMachine Mon 04-Feb-13 12:06:13

grin

Anyone else feeling more specific twinges? Panzee? Gnew?

Hope you're enjoying the newborn snuggles NightGarden (& that the nipple shields or cabbage leaves do the trick). Fantastic birth story, btw. Did you finish with the client or were they left with a half wax??!

Panzee Mon 04-Feb-13 12:21:47

No, nothing specific. Felt like I had PMS yesterday but that's all. Anyone else?

Hi everyone, baby arrived on the 1st of feb, at 38+2 by elcs weighing 7lb 11. he still has no name!

Came out of hospital yesterday, everything fine although taking a while to bf.

hildainstant Mon 04-Feb-13 14:27:36

Congratulations Moomin!!! The rest of us seem to be getting very jealous here!!

Let us know his name once you've decided.

I get the odd mild cramp and I feel like I could eat eat eat, there's no filling me right now!! I'm probably the only one here who doesn't want to go into labour - petrified of not being able to have my elcs. Midwife soon so we'll see how big I am today!!

NAR4 Mon 04-Feb-13 15:28:51

Congratulations Moomin

Nightgarden try rubbing vaseline all over your nipples inbetween feeds. It helps with healing. Just need to wipe them with a soft cloth before you feed baby, but won't hurt baby at all.

Ask HV for details of your local breastfeeding group. Face to face support is often best to help you continue breastfeeding. Not all drs or HV have training in helping mothers to breastfeed, so check before you follow their well meaning advise. Has baby been checked for tongue tie? Some hospitals check routinely but others don't. If it is mild then baby can often manage to feed but it tends to make you sore. My fourth baby had this and I got the sore nipples you describe.

www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
www.laleche.org.uk/pages/about/breastfeedinginfo.htm
www.nct.org.uk

All the above have helplines where you can talk to a breastfeeding councellor and get details of your nearest support group.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Panzee Mon 04-Feb-13 15:35:11

Congratulations Nightgarden smile hope the feeding goes well.

Gbnewbie Mon 04-Feb-13 17:30:21

Yay Moomin! Congrats!!

I'm sure I had a contraction yesterday, a whole different type of discomfort so now I'm on high alert for further 'signs'. Also franticly cleaning yesterday. Will probably be another 2 weeks till he puts in an appearance tho wink I've got a hypnobirthing lesson on weds so it'd be good if he could wait till then!

Come on ladies, more straightforward birth stories needed!!

Sending happy relaxing wishes to all.

Trimpampusik Mon 04-Feb-13 19:35:00

Congratulations Nightgarden and Moomin!!! Well-done!!! it's great to hear positive stories!!!!

Had my final growth scan today at 37+1 weeks, and guess what I am carrying two very very heavy boys - one 3.5 kg and the other 3 kg!!!!!

I am ready to pop any minute!!!!! Please let the labour come soon!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now