Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Feb 13 - part 3!

(472 Posts)
Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 17:42:49

I'm not one for fancy titles, but I see the last one is full, so here it is...

I remember my first, he 'flicked' me from the inside too. This one is swirls and somersaults. smile

Gbnewbie Fri 28-Sep-12 20:33:08

Hi Panzee, I didn't realise I filled up the last - sorry!
Flicking seems to be a pretty good description for how it feels.
Sounds like your little one is quite the acrobat!! What's your due date?

Panzee Fri 28-Sep-12 20:54:27

12th Feb. I had a 'very active' baby last time too!

Gbnewbie Fri 28-Sep-12 21:43:35

Snap! I'm due on the 12th too! grin

StrangelyCalm Sun 30-Sep-12 23:52:37

Ah ha - a part 3!

InTheNightGarden Mon 01-Oct-12 10:31:59

hello ladies!!! I'm due 17th Feb, finding out the sex tomoz!! super excited smile

Splinters Mon 01-Oct-12 11:04:00

Flicking and a kind of bumping is what I can feel, I'm just not totally confident that it really is the baby and not just my insides rumbling!

Gbnewbie Mon 01-Oct-12 18:33:26

Good luck inthenight!
Splinters - I wasn't sure at first but as it increases you'll definitely know.

Is everyone feeling that they're really showing now? It's still not common knowledge at work and I feel really self conscious. Considering outing myself by wearing something which really shows it but still a but chicken!

InTheNightGarden Tue 02-Oct-12 07:41:50

thank you gbnewbie !! I'll let you all know how it goes later smile

I don't really have a bump yet :-/ ....only when I'm led on my back you can see a small bump but apparently I'm not carrying much water so that's why!

take the plunge and wear something to show it off smile !!!

Want2bSupermum Tue 02-Oct-12 17:37:13

Had my scan this morning. We are having a boy. Will be nice to have one of each. My blood pressure is a little raised and he is showing a little small so I have to go back in 8 weeks for another scan. I had preclampsia with DD so they are keeping a close eye on me.

I look pregnant from the side but not the front apparently. In maternity jeans that I picked up at walmart for $20. I refuse to spend money on clothing for 5 months. Once my belly comes out of the bottom of my tshirts I will wear DH's shirts!

Gbnewbie Tue 02-Oct-12 22:56:57

Congrats want2b! I hope your blood pressure evens out.

For work I've picked up a couple of pairs of work trousers for £5 each... Not prepared to spend lots. Would like some decent skinny maternity jeans though, anyone recommend any reasonably priced ones??? Unfortunately no other half to borrow clothes from.

Inthenight - am wondering how you got on?? Hope alls well.

Want2bSupermum Wed 03-Oct-12 01:15:57

Thanks Gbnewbie

Not sure why there is a link in my post... I didn't link it! Asda have the maternity jeans that I got here in the US. The are GBP16 in the UK which is still a good deal considering the only other pair that suited me for 7 for all mankind at $200 a pair.

I was impressed with their maternity range. It isn't too expensive and a lot of the clothes were flattering. I got myself 6 dresses for work with DD. It was a good strategy because at the end I was huge and the dresses had much more give in them.

Gbnewbie Wed 03-Oct-12 07:50:13

Ah! Thanks. My trousers came from asda. Didn't know they did a maternity range so will definitely check them out wink

Want2bSupermum Wed 03-Oct-12 12:34:53

I think their maternity range might be online only. I bought mine up in Canada in the middle of nowhere (about 3hrs south of Alaska!). They weren't able to ring them up and my cousin told me that they were probably ordered online and returned to the store.

InTheNightGarden Wed 03-Oct-12 15:52:44

HAVING A BOY!!! YAY!!! I have a dd so family will soon be complete smile smile smile excited isn't the word! hurry up 17th Feb!!

InTheNightGarden Wed 03-Oct-12 15:56:47

all is well gbnewbie !! smile baby is a little small but that's expected as my dd was only 3lb 10oz!! but other than that all is good smile dd was 8 weeks premature so having scans and checks on my cervics every 2 weeks. just happy that he's doing ok in there!!! smile smile smile

Hi ladies - hope you all don't mind me re-joining. I was part of the first Feb '13 thread but sort of lost touch with MN when I fell ill with hyperemesis around week 6/7. Since then I've been hospitalised 3 times and spent quite a lot of time off work lying in bed feeling sorry for myself and any posts I made would have been me moaning and not a lot else blush. I'm still sick now but feeling much brighter in recent weeks and recently found out we're having a little girl smile This is the first DC for DH & I, due 15th Feb, and we can't wait. Looking forward to chatting with you all (again!)

MJP1 Wed 03-Oct-12 21:26:09

Hi ladies I am due 11th feb 2013 (its our 1st and a little girl) bump has appeared and it all seems very really now, all very exciting and good to meet some other Mummy's who are due around the same time xx

Gbnewbie Wed 03-Oct-12 22:20:57

Congratulations inthenight!! YAY indeed!!! Lots of Feb boys on the way smile

Queen - sorry to hear you've been so poorly sad welcome back.

MJP1 - hello!

It's lovely to check in and find new posts and to be able to share news and experiences!

Congratulations to all of us grin

InTheNightGarden Wed 03-Oct-12 22:36:13

thank you gbnewbie!!! smile smile

queen - sounds like you've had a right time of it poor thing! hope you get better as your pregnancy progresses, congrates on your lil girl! my first was a lil girl and she's a delight! enjoy all things pink and princess like!! haha.

MJP1 - another lil girl!! to weigh out all the lil boys smile lovely! congrates!

Thanks for the welcomes smile I've bought a few pink bits since we found out and have started planning her little room and stuff - can't wait to meet her!! The sickness is so much easier to deal with when I picture the end result smile

Apologies if you ladies have already talked about this, but have you all chosen prams/pushchairs yet?

InTheNightGarden Wed 03-Oct-12 23:43:03

aww sounds lovely smile

I don't think thats been talked about... I havnt even thought about it yet lol!!

Panzee Thu 04-Oct-12 07:25:24

I've still got my mahoosive travel system from last time, I'll use that.

Want2bSupermum Thu 04-Oct-12 12:14:55

Queen Bless you! I had MS with DD but nothing compared to what you have been through. I thought it was just part of pregnancy so kept my mouth shut and soildered on (and yes no one in RL wants to hear you moaning!). Luckily this time I have not suffered nearly as much. I have had a couple of incidents but nothing compared to last time.

I am a bit of a planner and went with the citiselect with DD. We were planning on a 3 year gap but she will be 18 months old when our DS arrives. I am going to see how it goes but DD has reins and a kickboard. I would prefer to not buy another as we already have 2.

Gbnewbie Thu 04-Oct-12 16:30:12

I've bought one from eBay (pushchair)... Also quite a few blankets and a Moses basket... An trying to be sensible and not buy things I don't need and getting used things where possible. I don't see any harm in my bundle of fun having used things as long as they're in good condition and clean! I know some people would be horrified at the thought.

Considering trying reusable nappies too hmm any thoughts??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now