Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in October part 8- still plodding along, this time with copious amounts of raspberry leaf tea

(1000 Posts)
Londonmrss Thu 27-Sep-12 16:14:01

Surely this'll be the last one before moving to the postnatal section?

Due Dates:

Sept. 24: Lisbethsopposite DS2 by planned induction
Sept. 25: Squidkid DC1
Sept. 26: Elpis DC2 by ELCS
Sept. 27: Planktonette DC1
Oct. 1: FjordMor DD1 by planned induction, Gigglewhizz DC1(?)
Oct. 2: Firstbubba DC1, Milk DC2
Oct. 5: Yomping DC1
Oct. 7: Crazypaving DC2
Oct. 10: WantAnOrange DC2, MrsConfusion DC1, MidgetM if induced
Oct. 11: Smileyhappymummy DC2 by ELCS
Oct. 14: Hufflepuffle DC1.
Oct. 17: Smorgs, DC1
Oct. 18: Bella2012 DC2, Beccus DC1
Oct. 19: Shellwedance DC1
Oct. 20: Beeblebear DC1, MidgetM if ELCS DC2
Oct. 21: Dosomethingmutley DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrss, DC1, Zara1984 DS1, Liege07 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1, Loopyla, DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks, DC1
Nov. 1: Londonlivvy DC1
Nov. 8: Mickey DC1

Actual babies:

Sept. 20: Velo - Max 2.35kg
Sept. 25: Angelico - Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz

Zara1984 Tue 23-Oct-12 17:36:59

Last post!!

grin

Sorry had to do it!

Smorgs Tue 23-Oct-12 16:54:37

PMSL at wave chocolate next to your vag in an attempt to tempt them out....!! THAT'S where I've been going wrong >runs off to find chocolate stash<

Londonmrss Tue 23-Oct-12 16:49:12

That's very Zen of you Smorgs, but you're totally right. It's out of our control. No matter how much pineapple and sex you have, no matter how much walking you do, and no matter how much you bounce on a ball or wave chocolate next to your vag in an attempt to tempt them out.... there's nothing any of us can do. Plenty of people sit on their arses, do everything wrong throughout pregnancy and have an easy quick and punctual labour. So I guess we should just accept whatever happens and trust our bodies.
I would probably go for the epi if induced by drip too- I don't think there is anything wrong with that (although it's obviously not my dream scenario). You do live in a country that seems to over-medicalise this process (I'm the one with the French husband...) but the result is the same- safe mummy, safe baby. And fois gras and the best bloody wine at the end of it!

Londonmrss Tue 23-Oct-12 16:42:55

I feel exactly the same- I've really got my heart set on the lovely birth centre up the road from me- it's SO nice. I've tried to explain to baby that it'll be easier on both of us if she comes of her own accord earlier rather than later, but I guess they just come when they're ready. Stubborn little bastards
Did she give you any advice in the meantime?

Smorgs Tue 23-Oct-12 16:42:12

Londonmrss I could bloody kiss you, that's exactly what I need to read.

Orenishii I'm so sorry to hear you're down. If it's any consolation I have just had a complete meltdown while listening to the natal hypnotherapy cd. I'm going in for induction tomorrow. I don't have a choice anymore. I have no idea what method they are going to use but last time they looked (Mon) my cervix was only just starting to efface - the midwife could just get the tip of her finger in and therefore they couldn't do a sweep either, so I feel your disappointment. I've been trying so hard to stay positive, do everything I can to help move things along - I went for a walk along the river today and almost reached the next town. Anyway, it suddenly dawned on me just now that I am actually completely powerless and unable to control anything anymore. I just have to try and relax and accept whatever they suggest tomorrow. If they to suggest the drip I've been advised by friends to go straight for an epidural. I think I'm not going to try and be a martyr anymore and just accept doing it 'French' style, even though that is making me well up while writing sad Sorry that's not being very positive for you is it? Let's read the thread Londonmrss posted and think happy thoughts xx

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 16:35:37

Thanks Londonmrs smile I think the thing that upsets me the most is that induction = goodbye to HB, MLU and water birth. Like you will, I refused induction and said I didn't like just being swept along by their decision making, and just wanted an opportunity to discuss it. I've got another sweep booked for Friday - at 41+3 - and they're making an appointment for me and DH to meet about expectant management, I suppose, a few days before 42 weeks.

Londonmrss Tue 23-Oct-12 16:30:25

Sorry to hear that Oren. Have you got a second one booked in? They can pressure you all they want- but ultimately it's your choice. If I get to that stage, I'm refusing to be induced until exactly 42 weeks- they'll just have to deal with it.
I've been reading some of these kind of threads today in case it does come to induction: Positive induction stories

Orenishii Tue 23-Oct-12 16:21:14

Londonmrs no such luck sad I could cry. 41 weeks today, went for my sweep, cervix is so high she couldn't even reach it. Feel very down about it all, very pressured into having an induction and just want some information.

Kyyria Tue 23-Oct-12 14:40:18

mutley i've been waiting in for a delivery all day too - no sign of anything yet, parcel shaped or otherwise!!

Well, after last night's false alarm I promised myself I'd make an effort with coursework today to get things done and out of the way but I really can't be bothered!! LO is in the most uncomfortable position today!! Still getting stomach cramps, generally feeling rough and had whooping cough vaccine this morning so now have a sore arm too!

Suppose I'd better get something done...

Kyyria Tue 23-Oct-12 14:37:48

I know people will want to finish this thread off first but thought I'd sort out a new one before we ran out of posting space.

Due in October 2012 - Part 9

dosomethingmutley Tue 23-Oct-12 12:49:58

Meh, my cunning plan does not appear to have worked, so sitting here waiting for the delivery van to turn up. Had a couple of very promising contractions overnight, or so I thought - turned out to be wind <sigh>. However, have had a lovely nap on the sofa so not an entirely wasted morning!

livvy I would probably buck the trend here and say go for letting DH race, especially if you're comfortable enough to go along too. It must be one of the last of the season? You're unlikely to go into full-blown labour if you're not in entirely comfortable surroundings, and if you're in labour anyway by that point I assume he wouldn't want to race anyway?! grin That's just my tuppence worth, anyway.

The bean is having increasing amounts of Aliens-style wrigglings these days, like she's making a concerted effort to escape via any means. Proper rippling stomach effects and really quite uncomfortable (dare I say painful?) confused Perhaps she's trying to wriggle her way out... she's going to have tuck her elbows in, that's for sure.

Midgetm Tue 23-Oct-12 12:45:28

Just running in to say hi, so few left on here I am still popping in to get news but hands too full ( literally) for much time to post. Thinking of you all

smorgs i nearly named master midge josiah. I love WW.

I am starting to feel human again 7 days post birth do things are on the up. Not left the house yet except for a quick trip to paediatrics at the hospital when silly midwife told me we needed readmitting. Do enjoy the last few days of two handed typing.

And sorry to all those with frustrating on off symptoms. I spent about 2 weeks getting to 3cms and it was frustrating as hell but my labour was super quick so maybe those annoying symptoms pay off in the end. Hang in there my lovelies x

londonlivvy Tue 23-Oct-12 12:14:35

kyyria ah ha re speculum exam. I shall bear that in mind if I am asked.

Smorgs I hope the walk does the trick

LondonMrsS it's a road cycling race - well, a criterium, more exactly - an hour's race round a track. As Smorgs points out, most of the time crashes only involve road rash or something but occasionally there are broken collar bones / wrists in the equation. It should be an hour long, BUT it's an hour to get there, an hour faffage pre race (warming up, getting race numbers etc etc), then at least half an hour post race (handing back numbers, getting bike back in car, post race waffle with other competitors) and then an hour home. So it's most of the day. BUT like your DH, Smorgs he would otherwise be wandering around the house looking forlorn and anxious and driving me crazy, so I'm keen that he should do it. All his mates will also be racing and I don't think the organisers would pull him out - but in all honesty, with my family history of 36 hour labours, I can't see that 1 hour racing should be that big a deal (of course I may feel differently when contractions start...) It's also likely to be the last race he can do for a while. You're right, though, Beccus that 3 hours away seems like a long time (though obviously he does more than that at work). I think that going too is probably the best plan. And hiding in the car if I can't deal with actually watching the action.

Had a lovely morning with an old school friend who brought over a massive bag of baby clothes that we can borrow. Super cute. We are now incredibly well supplied. She also brought my godson who is even cuter and will serve as a great reminder of why we're doing this caper at all!

Doing my yoga lesson this afternoon for the assessment. Must go and swot up on all the cues / action points etc to ensure it's as perfect a demo as possible.

Smorgs Tue 23-Oct-12 12:10:32

Beccus I am 40+6 according to the French dating, which I think is pretty accurate (start of LMP was 3rd Jan, but I know we conceived around the 17th Jan). I was lucky they let me go until Wednesday really, as they usually only let you go 5 days over. I know what you mean though, I am stuck between wanting the baby out (so it doesn't get any bigger!) but also really wanting everything to happen naturally. It seems like things are on the move, it's just frustrating it's so slow...

Tell me about Underbelly, I need some new boxsets. Have Homeland S1 coming out with my mum and am currently re-watching the West Wing why doesn't Martin Sheen run for US President in RL?

Kyyria Tue 23-Oct-12 11:58:22

Beccus the cute skull and crossbones shoes are from Tescos grin

Beccus Tue 23-Oct-12 11:54:33

Congratulations shall, on the arrival of little Amelie

livvy, how long is the race? How long will he not be able to answer his phone for? Did u say race was an hr away? i think i would struggle with DP being over 3hrs away from me at the moment.

out, out, out, baby smorgs!!!! sounds like promising signs - how many days r u up to now, smorgs? Any chance they could extend things a little longer to give smorglet more time to make his own way out if that is what you would want? Am guessing maybe not - is your french EDD 41 weeks? That would make u 41+6 tomorrow....not sure i have the balls to go over 41+6 myself....

A great day in the beccus household - i have discovered underbelly is on lovefilm instant!! Underbelly has also been on cbs action, but not until 10pm and DP is in bed before 11 and becomes distressed if i come to bed after him and interupt his slumber. Happy, happy times, something to distract me! smile So, murphy's law should have it that baby comes now i have made this exciting discovery

hugs bella, yesterday sounded tough, sweetie, hope u feel better today and DS behaves.

Going for 3 course meal tonite at dad's....his partner is SUCH a good cook. Come on baby beccus, if you come soon, we can enjoy many more days of delicious food being home delivered to us.

kyrria, i would dangle those little skull and cross bone shoes u put on fb infront of your fanjo to entice your bubs out. They are so cute!! They would make me come out if i was your baby!!

Mickey, how is your marathon stop start epic labor going?

cherry, welcome to the wonderful world of mat leave- it is the best thing EVER!!

good luck mutley - i also tried that, but i think i will be here this af=rvo for my sainsburys delivery sad

Smorgs Tue 23-Oct-12 11:33:57

Updated list:

Due Dates:
Oct. 1: Gigglewhizz DC1 (?)
Oct. 3: Springersmum DC2 (?)
Oct. 5: Celestia twins DS1 & DD2 by ELCS
Oct. 7: Violetlights DC1
Oct. 11: OnOfMyTurnsComingOn DC3 by VBAC
Oct. 16: Liege07 DS1 by planned induction, Orenishii DC1
Oct. 17: Smorgs DC1
Oct. 18: Bella2012 DC2, Beccus DC1
Oct. 19: Willowtree DC1 by ELCS
Oct. 21: Dosomethingmutley DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrss DC1, Zara1984 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1
Oct. 29: Ayeasha DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks DC1
Nov. 1: Londonlivvy DC1
Nov. 8: MickeytheShortOne DC1

Real live babies:
Sept. 20: Velo - Max 2.35kg
Sept. 24: Lisbethspposite, Paul 6lb 11oz
Sept. 25: Angelico – DD Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz
Sept. 26: Elpis – DS 3.2kg
Sept. 30: Squidkid – Jess, 6lb 14
Oct. 1: WantAnOrange – Artemis Lily 7lbs 2oz, MrsConfusion – DD 7lb 0.75oz
Oct. 2: Planktonette – DS Planktonini, firstbubba – DS babyfirstbubba 9lb 2.5oz
Oct. 3: FjordMor – Ida 8lb 3oz
Oct. 4: Crazypaving – DS 8lb 3oz, Smileyhappymummy – Melissa Rose 3kg, Milk - William Andrew 7lb 8oz
Oct. 12: Katla – Erin Rose 7lbs 12oz
Oct. 16: Midgetm – Master Midge
Oct. 17: Hufflepuffle – Snuffly Huffle Boy 9lb 3oz, Lizzietow – Imogen Rose
Oct. 18: OctoberOctober – Max 8lb 1oz
Oct. 19: Beeblebear – Baby Bear 7lb 10oz
Oct. 20: YompingJo – Alice Jessica 9lb
Oct. 21: LoopyLa - Prince Loopy 6lb 10oz
Oct. 22: Shellwedance - Amelie

Congratulations Shell - lovely name, very French! Hope the tear recovers soon, you poor thing.

Cherry Yay for maternity leave - at last! Sympathy on the cold - I have one too. Doesn't make the labour breathing exercises any easier.

Londonmrss Yes that sounds like La Plug - good news, things are moving!

Mickey How are things going, any more progress?

Thanks for the advice Angelico - I keep having to remind myself to enjoy these last days, but it's hard when the deadline of induction is looming. Good to have reminders of what to make the most of though!

Kyyria I had that exact same thing just before my show. I too thought it might have been waters breaking but still had sex anyway hmm. Good news is it means you'll probably have a show in the next few days.

bella well done for coping with all this with a toddler, I really don't know how you second timers do it. Hope you're feeling better today and have managed to find 5 minutes of 'me' time?

livvy my fellow cycling widow (although I suspect you do more cycling than me in RL when not up duffed). It's a tricky one - on the one hand yes the races can be a bit dangerous (is he a MTBer?) but not normally more than scrapes and at worst and very rarely broken bones, but then that's not ideal when you need help with a newborn. On the other hand, I know what my DH is like when I put him on 'box rest' - he is like a caged animal, gets very down, eats crap, starts pacing around the house following me around like a lost puppy, which is quite sweet but equally means I have to rearrange my day's activities around him. Could he leave his phone with a mate so there is always someone to answer if things do kick off? Or could you get an emergency contact number from the race organisers so they can contact him and pull him out of the race if you need him back at home?

Well, I have had a weird night. Started getting contractions in the evening, not very painful but worse than BH. Started timing them and they were about every 30-45mins but not always regular. Got some sleep from about 11.30-3am when the pain woke me up and they were every 15 mins. Got hugely excited and practised breathing through them until 6am when I nodded off, then woke about 8am and.... nada. nothing. totally stopped. Think it must have just been a reaction to all the prodding around at the clinic.

It's now less than 24 hours till I'm induced... it's beginning to look inevitable. Going for a VERY long walk to try and start things moving again.

Londonmrss Tue 23-Oct-12 10:17:21

I wonder if Orenshii is snuggling down with a new bubba somewhere?

Londonmrss Tue 23-Oct-12 10:15:16

livvy- what kind of racing is it? Is it really dangerous?
To be honest, although I'm all in favour of letting my hubby go out lots at this stage- I think I would put my foot down about him doing something dangerous. I find it stressful enough when I know he's driving on the M25 never mind doing some sort of race... I'm not sure it's fair to add stress at this stage. That's just me though!

Kyyria Tue 23-Oct-12 09:31:59

londonlivvy they did a speculum examination on me where they asked me to cough - they wanted to see if I was currently leaking any amniotic fluid. I'm presuming the pressure from coughing makes your waters leak if you already have a rupture in the amniotic sac.

Tell you something I am so uncomfortable today - he obviously didn't like being prodded last night so he has spent most of last night and this morning lying in the most uncomfortable position!

londonlivvy Tue 23-Oct-12 08:22:46

kyyria Sorry it was a false alarm, but selfishly I'm rather glad you've not run off to the post-natal thread!

bella if you cough,and there's more liquid, what does that mean? Wee?

beccus I hope you're enjoying baby free days with lots of long lunches and afternoon naps. Sometimes I feel v.nervous about labour, but mostly I feel daunted by the prospect of parenthood.

smorgs Did your stern words to SmorgsJunior have any effect?

Shell Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying this early bonding.

Cherry HURRAH for being on maternity leave at last. I'm on week two and really really enjoying it. I thought I'd think about work more, but seemingly no - has barely crossed my mind!

dosomething did your plan work?

I thought I'd found a genius solution to the should-he/shouldn't he race on Saturday. I suggested that I go with him and watch the race. That way, if something WERE to happen then at least we'd be together, albeit near an entirely different hospital and an hour or so's drive from our designated hospital. DF thought for a second and then reminded me of the last time I came to a race - indeed the only time I've done so since I fell pregnant - there were several serious crashes necessitating ambulances and I was in tears at the thought of him getting injured. Normally I'm quite relaxed, with the rational knowledge that crashes happen infrequently. Preg hormones made me over-sensitive to danger, it seems. So I'm not sure. Maybe I should just go? It's not as dangerous a course as the other one. If it freaks me out too much I can always go and sit in the clubhouse and listen to my ipod or something?

37, 38+5, #1

Kyyria Mon 22-Oct-12 22:55:46

False alarm - they reckon just "increased discharge". No dilation at all. Monitored for hour and a half as jnrs pulse was through the roof. Discharged back home. Kind of relieved but also disappointed x

bella2012 Mon 22-Oct-12 22:04:32

have you gone in kyria? The test wasn't too bad. It was a lot like a smear. Hope you are OK.

Kyyria Mon 22-Oct-12 19:20:50

bella there's nothing more happens if I cough but trickling sensation is continuing. Whatever it is is definitely a clear discharge but difficult to quantify!

Have spoken to DH. Going to have meal then I'll give hospital a call (wanted to make sure we'd eaten incase anything kicks off). Still getting cramping pains but again nothing I can time or that is getting stronger.

Will keep people posted but my guess is they'll say nothing is happening and to come home!

bella2012 Mon 22-Oct-12 18:34:55

kyria i felt a trickling sensation if something (not wee) a few times on Fri, which is why I had to go to hospital for a test to see if my wates had broken. In my case they said it was just a watery discharge because of everything loosening up for labour. They made me cough while they did it. Does more come out when you cough?

I am so down tonight. dH in fecking carlisle until 11, the heel fell off my boot today, DS was naughty and predictably my niece was an angel, he made me pull over twice on the way home saying he needed a wee then not doing one, felt niggly pains which have faded to nothing. I just want to be left completely on my own for 5 sodding minutes (and angelico I know what you mean-having peace long enough for a shower is impossible with a newborn!) blaaaaaaaaargh! Sorry for being so moany.

This thread is not accepting new messages.