Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in October part 8- still plodding along, this time with copious amounts of raspberry leaf tea

(1000 Posts)
Londonmrss Thu 27-Sep-12 16:14:01

Surely this'll be the last one before moving to the postnatal section?

Due Dates:

Sept. 24: Lisbethsopposite DS2 by planned induction
Sept. 25: Squidkid DC1
Sept. 26: Elpis DC2 by ELCS
Sept. 27: Planktonette DC1
Oct. 1: FjordMor DD1 by planned induction, Gigglewhizz DC1(?)
Oct. 2: Firstbubba DC1, Milk DC2
Oct. 5: Yomping DC1
Oct. 7: Crazypaving DC2
Oct. 10: WantAnOrange DC2, MrsConfusion DC1, MidgetM if induced
Oct. 11: Smileyhappymummy DC2 by ELCS
Oct. 14: Hufflepuffle DC1.
Oct. 17: Smorgs, DC1
Oct. 18: Bella2012 DC2, Beccus DC1
Oct. 19: Shellwedance DC1
Oct. 20: Beeblebear DC1, MidgetM if ELCS DC2
Oct. 21: Dosomethingmutley DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrss, DC1, Zara1984 DS1, Liege07 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1, Loopyla, DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks, DC1
Nov. 1: Londonlivvy DC1
Nov. 8: Mickey DC1

Actual babies:

Sept. 20: Velo - Max 2.35kg
Sept. 25: Angelico - Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz

lisbethsopposite Sat 29-Sep-12 11:38:20

Hello all,

I've been reading (and rereading as losing place on phone) for hours.

Girls - Paul was born on Monday the 24th. 6lb 11oz. Placenta would not come so had to go to theatre for epidural and manual removal (lots of blood loss) but all fine. I came home on Thursday evening.

I have loads to tell, and I have 2 pages of notes that I want to talk to you all with your posts, and I have not even read any of the new thread but I will get to it over the weekend.
Who thought having a baby would become a team event ?

Paul crying - post later.

Euphoric Lisabeth here

YompingJo Sat 29-Sep-12 11:48:36

Ahhh, Lisbethsopposite, so very pleased for you! Congratulations! Don't worry about replying to posts on here, just get on with loving your baby boy and enjoying it all :-)

Running away now before I start sobbing with hormones at new babies!

ShellWeDance Sat 29-Sep-12 11:57:05

Congrats Lisbeth, amazing news!

Enjoy your little bundle of joy.

YompingJo Sat 29-Sep-12 11:57:22

List updated and newbies added:

Due Dates:

Oct. 1: FjordMor DD1 by planned induction, Gigglewhizz DC1(?),MrsConfusion DC1 by planned induction
Oct. 2: Firstbubba DC1, Milk DC2
Oct. 7: Crazypaving DC2, Violetlights DC1
Oct. 10: WantAnOrange DC2, MidgetM DC2 if induced
Oct. 11: Smileyhappymummy DC2 by ELCS, OnOfMyTurnsComingOn DC3 by VBAC
Oct. 14: Hufflepuffle DC1
Oct. 17: Smorgs DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrs DC1, Zara1984 DS1, Liege07 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1, Loopyla DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks DC1
Nov 8: Mickey DC1

Real live babies grin:

Sept. 24: Lisbethspposite, Paul 6lb 11oz
Sept. 25: Angelico – DD Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz
Sept. 26: Elpis – DS 3.2kg

Squid, if this is pissing you off, please say. Can understand how seeing name at top might get to you as you are someone who gives yourself an unnecessarily hard time you silly woman. Can leave list be for a while.

hufflepuffle Sat 29-Sep-12 12:56:06

Yay. Lisbeth. !!!!!!!! Congratulations! And welcome baby Paul!!!!!!!! Lovely name, few in my family. Well done fir even trying to catch up!!!

This is a team event indeed!!

Poor DH cleaning life out if our bedroom today. I am quite simply just pooped and cannot help. Eurgh.

Xx

firstbubba Sat 29-Sep-12 14:46:50

lisbeth congratulations have to admit I was starting to worry hormone overload here trying not to think about Monday. Xx

Lizzietow Sat 29-Sep-12 15:36:02

Lisbeth congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about your story! yomping would you mind adding me to the list? I'm October 12th.
Had my daughter's 2nd birthday party today at 38 weeks pregnant! Yep I'm knackered.

Kyyria Sat 29-Sep-12 16:02:22

Yay Lisbeth - glad to know that all is well.

Beccus I have to agree that finishing work was weird. Still hasn't sunk in, and probably won't for another week or two! Got a lovely basket of goodies off my admin team, a bunch of flowers, and some vouchers off the Drs and nurses. Quite a few more have said they want to get me something once the LO has arrived which is really nice of them. Came home and wanted to cry - not sure why as I've been so desperate to get out of there!! confused

Will be quite weird next week as DH is away Mon to Fri at a course in Bradford so I'm going to be rattling around the house on my own 24/7. One of my work friends is taking me for lunch on Monday, have got enrollment for final year of uni on Tuesday evening, and then meeting up wig my NT antenatal girlies for lunch on Wednesday so have got a. few things to keep me busy.

Decided to try and install the car seat today to see how it works, and also because it didn't look that complicated. Have managed to skin most of my knuckles trying to get the effing isofix base set up angry

32, 35+6, #1

FjordMor Sat 29-Sep-12 16:07:43

lisbeth so glad to have heard from you at last! smile Congratulations and a big welcome to Paul! smile Also Angelico - congrats and fingers crossed for the blood sugars. Been thinking about you lots. Your DH is an absolute lovely and it was so good to hear your news from him!

Just popping in for a momentary break - I'll have to catch up with your posts better later on. I've never been so busy or done so much physical work (sorting the flat out) in my life. Why you ask - just 2 days before you deliver a baby? Becuase DP is being a total nobber of course and incapable of doing anything or getting his kids to do anything other than lounge around and worry that they won't feel 'safe' if he suddenly subjects them to rules or asks anything of them. Zen has gone and been replaced by non-stop sweat, pain and a feeling of impending doom!!! DP, after a big argument this AM (regrettably in front of the DSDs largely), has now pulled his finger out but is doing everything in very bad grace. I wish we could have not had the DSDs this weekend as we're both 'last minute' people and I should have known it would get intense but this is what I signed up for. I just wish he'd handle them a little better in terms of discipline and communication as I'm powerless in the equation <sigh>. He could also do much to make all of us feel like 'a family' but he doesn't, for some reason. He's only getting round to asking the girls how they really feel about having a new baby sister today.

On the upside, after 24 hours of intensely swollen hand an wrist, painful on the slightest movement, numbness in some fingers, exceedingly poor grip and being quite convinced my wrist was fractured, the swelling went down, the pain subsided (other than the odd twinge) and I am doing everything again. For this, from how things were looking, I feel immensely lucky and grateful. It's like a wee miracle fairy came in the night and sprinkled magic dust on it or something? Perhaps it was 'in shock'? smile

Been having constant supposed 'pre-labour' symptoms: nausea, period-like pain, tightenings, masses of BH, less movement from baby, fluey feelings (although may be something to do with my UTI and antibiotics...) so half-heartedly positive that labour might start before induction on Monday. However, considering the state of animosity at home, I think the 'encourage her along' sex I'd planned is off the agenda - which is sad. I was hoping for a 'last hurrah' as I'll be VERY lucky to get away without an episiotomy and it feels like so long since we;ve had a 'normal' sex life and I worry it will be hard to re-establish sad. Anyhow, did notice a few changes to be made in the list so here goes and I'll catch up later if I get any peace from this lot... (that was right firstbubba wasn't it?).

Are you all ready for definitely 3 new babies on Monday/Tuesday? smile MrsC - I'm quite convinced you will be the first past the post the way things are going! I'll be thinking of you and firstbubba lots.

Due Dates:

Oct. 1: FjordMor DD1 by planned induction, Gigglewhizz DC1(?),MrsConfusion DC1 by planned induction, Firstbubba DC1 by planned induction
Oct. 2: Milk DC2
Oct. 7: Crazypaving DC2, Violetlights DC1
Oct. 10: WantAnOrange DC2, MidgetM DC2 if induced
Oct. 11: Smileyhappymummy DC2 by ELCS, OnOfMyTurnsComingOn DC3 by VBAC
Oct. 12: Lizzietow DC2
Oct. 14: Hufflepuffle DC1
Oct. 17: Smorgs DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrs DC1, Zara1984 DS1, Liege07 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1, Loopyla DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks DC1
Nov 8: Mickey DC1

Real live babies grin:

Sept. 24: Lisbethspposite, Paul 6lb 11oz
Sept. 25: Angelico – DD Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz
Sept. 26: Elpis – DS 3.2kg

Must get off the computer now so DP can translate my birth plan into Norwegian in bad grace!

FjordMor Sat 29-Sep-12 16:08:52

Also a big hello smile to violetlights - nice to see you back...another half Norwegian baby on our list! Hope things are going well!

Planktonette Sat 29-Sep-12 16:11:40

Christ I'm tired.

Elpis Sat 29-Sep-12 16:21:05

Angelico Baby blues just hit me too so if you want to share you are so, so welcome. Burst into tears as in-laws were about to leave after lunch today. Really glad the c-section went well. So have you taken off your dressing? I did today and was too scared to leave the suturing uncovered. Fashioned a new dressing from three small square ones and a length of plaster which is a bit unsatisfactory. Ouch ouch ouch. Sorry, I've posted this on the antenatal thread. Will try and copy over but oh so tired.

Congratulations Lisbeth, sounds like you had a rough time, glad to hear you're home safe and sound! Welcome Paul!
Please don't worry about catching up and replying etc., we just wanted to know you were ok. Take your time and then fill us in on all the gory details thanks

When I read "the list" it sounds like the lineup for the Grand National or something...has to be said John McCririck style. Is it just me? grin

crazypaving Sat 29-Sep-12 18:01:43

Congratulations lisbeth!! Thank you for coming to update us, and hello to Paul! Sorry it sounds like things got a bit scary at the end. I hope you're recovering well and aren't feeling too weak.

Elpis huge sympathies on the tiredness and baby blues. We'll all be there soon enough...

Speaking of which, I was out until 1am last night and then DS was up at 6 confused I am struggling with a capital S today. Sod's law I'll go into labour tonight....it would be a real proper disaster! I need sleep like I can't quite explain. I'm such a nobber for staying out so late. In my defence it was my last night out with some good friends for the foreseeable (ie until we get our evenings back and LO isn't feeding constantly at night. If DS is anything to go by that'll be...oh....too depressing to think about).

Getting BH that actually wake me up at night because they're so powerful and my lungs feel like they're being totally crushed. 32`1

Oh dear DS is ge4tting involved and jealous of computer, gotta go

crazypaving Sat 29-Sep-12 18:42:58

Meant to add - it's a full moon tonight ladies! My osteopath swears the labour wards are always jam packed when it's a full moon.... (disclaimer: he is a nutter)

smileyhappymummy Sat 29-Sep-12 19:46:50

lisbeth big congratulations, Paul is a lovely name too. Glad you are safely back home now, hope you're feeling ok.
elpis, sending you hugs. Baby blues are horrid but they are normal so will get better, be kind and gentle to yourself. Hoping for some sleep for you tonight.
fjord sympathy on dp being a nobber. Could he have picked a worse time?! Hope he will sort himself out over the next day or so and start doing a bit better, and being lovely to you, which is what you deserve. Pleased to hear the miracle fairies have been at the wrist, should make being active a bit easier!
crazy good nights out are important! And should be taken advantage of. Any chance of a lie in / afternoon nap tomorrow - assuming LO stays put! Fingers crossed.....
squid loooaaads of time left for natural labour to happen. Hope you had a lovely dinner. Just keep planning little relaxing treats to keep you going and fill time!
angelico welcome home! Hope you're doing ok.
Mrsc how did it go today?
I've had a nice day but v tired now. Feeling really anxious about elcs, finished work yesterday which is good as I was starting to struggle, but does leave more time for thinking and kind of spoils my strategy of pretending it's all not happening!

Midgetm Sat 29-Sep-12 20:22:36

No energy for a proper catch up but wanted to say congrats to lisbeth and welcome to Paul.

Also a quick check in to see how Mrsc is getting on.

Back from the party. Sweet Jesus I am mental and need shooting. 28 children, one fat sweaty flushed lady = bad combo. Still DD had a lovely time. I feel like I have worked out all day. Totally knackered, feel like I have the flu and totally freaking out that the full moon may make the baby come tonight when I am still knackered from that stupid sodding party.

I must sleep and dream of helium balloons and bouncy castles. And wine.

Angelico Sat 29-Sep-12 20:30:14

Hi ladies, will prob just re-post this on the other thread too, so tired. Lisbeth so happy all is well - congratulations. Sending love to you all and special love to Fjord wrestling with the blood sugar stuff too (I will happily kick your DP in the balls for you if he presents them grin) and to Elpis - know how you're feeling.

So I know you are desperate for beans to arrive but PLEASE enjoy whatever sleep you can while you still can. We had a brill day yesterday followed by a hellish night where bean would not sleep but fed constantly till I was exhausted and aching. Poor DH went without sleep all night so I could get 3 hours this morning which saved me from the nuthouse. Beanie is so cute but my God last night there was a moment when I looked at her and thought, "You are a fiend who has somehow taken this angelic baby form!!!" confused The tiredness is amazing and her latch on for fourth feed of night made me weep.

And don't even get me started on my cannon ball boobs (milk well and truly in) or the poo that took FIFTEEN MINUTES to emerge today and was the consistency of rubber cement... DRINK YOUR FLUIDS POST-BEAN LADIES!!! Especially if you are breastfeeding, finally realising why they tell you this stuff...!

My 'me time' quota has been used up sad - DH and I are going to eat and attempt to sleep while granny and grandad watch Beanie. Sorry this is so me, me, me but I feel like I must share new found wisdom like "Sleep while you can!!! Eat prunes and drink lots of water!!!"

Night all xo

Elpis Sat 29-Sep-12 20:51:12

Angelico I have warned DH that he may be calling out Dyno-Rod tomorrow. You are so right. This is my body's revenge for being too scared to push and opting for an ELCS this time round.

smileyhappymummy All that said, I was surprised by just how easy the op itself was. And I had the best anaesthetist in the world - I hope yours is just as good. Had very little to do with the surgeon herself, which I suppose makes sense.

smileyhappymummy Sat 29-Sep-12 20:59:16

Yes, I vividly remember the First Poo post section last time. Not a happy memory! Not sure who the anaesthetist will be for my section but I do know the consultant - same man who did my emergency section last time around and was absolutely amazing, also I think probably the best obstetric surgeon at that hospital, which is reassuring. One of the more bizarre aspects of last time around was that I had just done my obs and gynae job before going on mat leave and this consultant had been my boss.... There are not many scenarios in which it is acceptable or normal to hear your boss of a month ago saying "sorry smiley, just struggling a bit to find your cervix"! Very surreal.

MrsConfusion Sat 29-Sep-12 21:27:45

Many congratulations*lisbeth*, so glad to hear of the safe arrival of Paul and hope you were well looked after with the placenta issues. thanks and hugs to all the family.

Angelico and elpis, hang in there through the tough days/nights/hours, really good to hear from you esp to hear about the tough bits and pass on the top tips - you're amazing to even think about warning us about hormone crashes and poos-of-doom while going through these first days. As ever I'm touched and amazed by the support on this thread.

This morning turned into another 2.5hrs up at the hospital, lots more monitoring of bean (they are still happy all's well there, and indeed today I've had more movements than every before and feel black and blue from all in pumelling). My bloods not too hot though, the bile acid levels had doubled between Weds and Fri, so they've taken yet more bloods today to see if it's still going up at that rate. Going in tomorrow afternoon, plan is to start first phase of induction (gel) overnight, then break my waters 8am on Monday and on from there. Eeeeeeeeeeeeek.

My parents very kindly came down today and blitzed the house to get it clean, while I was being useless due to back pain and generally feeling itchy and sore and rubbish (ironically first time I've felt poorly in a way that doesn't feel pregnancy related) and DH was desperately trying to write the lectures he needs to hand over to other people to deliver next week. He's still at it but promises to finish tonight so tomorrow we can just focus on what's coming. Had bit of a meltdown during the day that involved shouting at my Mum that I can't make all the decisions in the world (apologised profusely afterwards and felt like total evil b*tch), but mostly it all feels rather unreal.

Sorry, all a bit me me me this one. Yikes, this baby is actually going to arrive soon, can't quite believe it!

Lots of love to all, hope those running overdue are being kind to themselves (squid that means you love) and the new arrivals are settling into family life.

FjordMor Sat 29-Sep-12 21:28:16

Thanks for words of support ladies. Still hoping to get on to catch up properly after finishing my ironing (yes, ironing now hmm) - I'm on the phone right now.

Thanks to crazy for posting about the full moon stuff! Without knowing, spent most of the time since my last post thinking I was in labour (except it was weird - one long contraction - constant pain and when I breathed out slowly to manage it, felt sense of LO 'moving down' shock)! Hope your bean hangs on in there - feeling for you with the symptoms & uncertainty.

Then after several hours, it's all fine & she is writhing around & river dancing like usual. Hoping I don't go into labour tonight now as I'd be worried about getting a room! Have a feeling it might come on tomorrow though - which would be great to avoid the induction process on Monday.

Angelico - you're doing amazingly! All tips noted!!

MrsConfusion Sat 29-Sep-12 21:32:49

Hey Fjord and firstbubba just realised we're induction-buddies!

Really interested in the full moon thing, several midwives have mentioned how busy it's been in delivery suite over the last few days, and another of the NCT girls who was due to be induced on Thursday was still waiting at lunchtime today due to delivery suite being full - so maybe there's something in it! (or everyone in Oxford was bonking like crazy 9 months ago...)

Lizzietow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:54:28

Oooh that's interesting crazy about the full moon thing! Tho pls don't let it be tonight! Too shattered after DD's 2nd birthday party. Why are kids parties so bloody exhausting?! My right leg nearly collapsed under me earlier and I have serious right buttock ache. DH has bloody gone out on an 'ale trail', too. Lucky him.
I'm so owed some passes out when I'm actually able to go out again.

bella2012 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:54:34

hey chums,

chuffed to bits for lisbeth and little Paul! Congratulations!! Thanks for popping in to let us know.

angelico and elpis can totally remember and empathise with the absolute relentlessness of the forst few days and weeks. Please rest assured that it does get easier! (elpis-sorry I can not remember if this is your second?) sounds like you are both doing an amazing job. Much love to you both and fingers crossed that the little ones work out their days and nights before long.

I have had such a lovely day Christmas shopping in York with my lovely Mum. Trying to get organised as I know I will be tad busy in the next few weeks! We had such a laugh and a lovely lunch out. I think I have overdone the amount of walking as am really suffering now. Also, when we got to the train station, our train was delayed by 88 minutes so we decided to get on another Newcastle bound train. The platform was really busy and just as I headed for the only available seat, bump proudly on show, this horrible woman raced in front of me and sat down! So rude! And then on the train the conductor said our tickets weren't valid and we needed to buy new ones! I was about to blub and he said 'actually, I can see you are heavily pregnant and why you didn't want to wait, so lets say no more about it'. Faith in humanity- RESTORED!

This thread is not accepting new messages.