Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in October part 8- still plodding along, this time with copious amounts of raspberry leaf tea

(1000 Posts)
Londonmrss Thu 27-Sep-12 16:14:01

Surely this'll be the last one before moving to the postnatal section?

Due Dates:

Sept. 24: Lisbethsopposite DS2 by planned induction
Sept. 25: Squidkid DC1
Sept. 26: Elpis DC2 by ELCS
Sept. 27: Planktonette DC1
Oct. 1: FjordMor DD1 by planned induction, Gigglewhizz DC1(?)
Oct. 2: Firstbubba DC1, Milk DC2
Oct. 5: Yomping DC1
Oct. 7: Crazypaving DC2
Oct. 10: WantAnOrange DC2, MrsConfusion DC1, MidgetM if induced
Oct. 11: Smileyhappymummy DC2 by ELCS
Oct. 14: Hufflepuffle DC1.
Oct. 17: Smorgs, DC1
Oct. 18: Bella2012 DC2, Beccus DC1
Oct. 19: Shellwedance DC1
Oct. 20: Beeblebear DC1, MidgetM if ELCS DC2
Oct. 21: Dosomethingmutley DC1
Oct. 26: Londonmrss, DC1, Zara1984 DS1, Liege07 DS1
Oct. 28: Kyyria DC1, Loopyla, DC1
Oct. 30: Cherrychopsticks, DC1
Nov. 1: Londonlivvy DC1
Nov. 8: Mickey DC1

Actual babies:

Sept. 20: Velo - Max 2.35kg
Sept. 25: Angelico - Mini Angelico, CWest30 - Naomi Louise, 4lb 10oz

smileyhappymummy Thu 27-Sep-12 19:31:05

huffle not sure I've got any other useful suggestions - are there locum agencies for opticians? - but massive sympathy, horrid to have all your plans turned upside down like that and to feel like there's nothing you can do about it.
Also hugs to mrs c - not what you wanted! But at least they know about it now so you will be getting all the appropriate treatment and monitoring. Hope you're feeling ok about it, or at least as ok as you can be, lots to get your head round.
squid go easy on yourself sweetheart, you sound like you're being a bit critical of yourself just for having a little meltdown when everyone knows pregnant ladies ar entitled to meltdowns whenever. How you are feeling is normal, you are doing brilliantly.
elpis huge congratulations so pleased for you. Would love to be home that quick post section but suspect given last times disaster thwt may not be an option they give me!

WantAnOrange Thu 27-Sep-12 19:57:55

Congratulations Elpis!!!!! grin

Squid can I join you in feeling awful about meltdowns? I cried today from the SPD pain. I couldn't walk to do the school the run, even though I had told DS I would be picking him up and then felt so guilty for letting him down. He was all excited because usually Daddy does the school runs atm. Sounds daft but it's big and important when you're 6. I had to miss his swimming lesson as well so sat at home alone, crying. Pathetic huh?

Been back to college this week, all day yesturday and this morning. It was great to be back and see friends, and use my brain again! Sitting down on a hard chair all day was not a good idea though. Ouch! I am slightly panicking about the amount of work I have to do while caring for a newborn. I have a presentation due in November!

This is odd, but has anyone else had their legs go numb? Last night, for about 3 hours my legs just felt wrong. They were sort of shaky and numb and I could not sit still.

crazypaving Thu 27-Sep-12 20:16:17

Elpis HUGE congrats! You make it sound amazing (in spite of the massive barfing issues). Enjoy your lovely newborn!!

Zara can't recommend those babybjorn bouncers enough. DS would actually sit in his for significant periods of time so I could get stuff done, like eat breakfast shock Anywhere else he just screamed until held.

huffle gawd what a nightmare situation sad I don't have a clue what on earth you can do, but really hope you get something sorted.

Kyyria glad the bleeding's tailed off, that's great news.

I'm still getting random mild contractions, but nowt exciting. I'm only 38wks after all... I want one more weekend before the twilight zone hits!! And I could use a night's sleep tonight so really hope the contractions ease off sad The only reason I'm still awake now is cos DS was at childminder's today, so I slept this morning. Can't do that tomorrow...

WantAnOrange Thu 27-Sep-12 20:37:55

DH has insisted I come on and tell you that he just walked to not one, but TWO shops, in the dark, in search of Gavisicon, and is therefore the best husband in the world.

I think he's milking a bit.....

crazypaving Thu 27-Sep-12 20:46:32

aw bless, wantan. So sorry the SPD has been so bad sad I can echo cherry's recommendation of chewing gum if desperate - it's surprisingly effective.

The key question is, did he bring you a surprise treat??? grin

Lizzietow Thu 27-Sep-12 21:00:54

Feel weird tonight! Baby is moving lots but have strange groin pain. Sort of feel like I'm about to burst but only 38 weeks. Anyone else had this?! Didn't have it with the last- I was nearly 2 weeks over.
Loving the birth stories so far!

WantAnOrange Thu 27-Sep-12 21:10:14

He brought M&Ms!

Lordy, a new thread?! Haha grin Part 1 of catch up!

Smorgs My DP sounds exactly like yours... "I used to watch the cows giving birth with Dad, can't be that different right?" I won't tell you what I replied but it was rather rude and not the nicest thing I've ever said in my life.

MrsC Is THAT what it is? Theres me thinking that the baby just likes my ribs but they were quite rhythmic... I was starting to wonder wether I was ever going to experience BH- maybe I am actually having them!!

Crazy YANBU. I almost wore my pjamas to work this morning, I'm starting to give up with my work trousers. I don't think I have worn normal clothing at home for weeks. Pjs and joggers all the way!!!

Squid Feels sad for you.. Sending big cuddles. My cousin was exactly the same, you never know, this being all over the place might be the start of it all. I won't get your hopes up though. Good on you for being able to walk 5 miles still i am just jealous i cannot walk for more than half hour without my pelvis falling apart and rest assured that your baby will be here within the next two weeks. I know induction isn't really the ideal, but if everything in life was ideal, no-one would know how to cope with a problem.

Tell me to shut up, I think that may have been a really crappy ramble, just ignore me! And feed back my advice when I whinge at you all- I'm sure I will find it just as annoying wink..

to be continued!!..

Midgetm Thu 27-Sep-12 21:34:44

Wantan Your DH rocks - can you send him round to North London as thought I had escaped heartburn but think I could do with a spot of Gaviscon RIGHT NOW.

Lizzietow Thu 27-Sep-12 21:48:24

Just reading your post wantan (sorry, still quite new to this thread so catching up!), and I aldi have SPD so feel your pain! I didn't have it with DD- I guess everything must be a bit weaker this time! Have you had physio? I found it useful but to he honest I'm so knackered by evening that I forget to do the exercises!
Only got two weeks to go till due date and wondering how I'm going to get through. Tonight I think baby's head is turning in my groin or something as there's something odd going on down there!
Oh yes, that's what I was going to say. I've had that numb, restless and just plain weird leg thing you mention, just these past couple of nights. Like you say- they just feel wrong, like they're not my legs or something! No idea what it is.
Jealous of M and Ms! Though I do have a box of celebrations next to me oooh which first, the mini twix or mars?

FJord I hope your wrist is alright.
Wantan Your DH does indeed rock... I'm still smarting at the comment while we were DTD the other day.. "Phwoar its like climbing a mountain!".

I got my revenge and sat on him. Ha Ha Ha.

Elpis I'm so pleased for you!! congratulations :D

Ohh I am so jealous of you all finishing work.. 4 WEEKS TO GO. Although only 20 working days... so when put like that isn't too bad.
I worked a 10 hour shift today. I am so tired. My manager left me in the shit, and yet even when I made my life harder to make our deputy's life easier.. he still moaned at me about how much there was to do. I'm sorry, I haven't just run a shop with only three members of staff (when we usually have 7, including a member of "senior" management) and run and refilled the bakery since 6 O CLOCK THIS FECKING MORNING, put two deliveries away, had a new security brief which lasted AN HOUR, completed an A4 list of jobs.. Deputy came in at 1. By this point I had been there for 7 hours. Not eaten, not sat down and had a drink, oh and shall I add that I am 34 WEEKS FECKING PREGNANT TODAY?!

Sorry rant over. Feeling very angry still. And got to be there again in... 7 hours. My dog has proper just snuggled up to me though, and I actually feel hungry now. Poor DP made me dinner but I felt sick so I haven't eaten. Now I'm hungry. Chilli con carne and peanut butter sandwiches. Mmmmmmmomnomnomnom.

LoopyLa Fri 28-Sep-12 07:10:11

Gosh Mickey, you need to try & take it a little easier otherwise you'll end up collapsing - your employer should have some responsibilities towards pregnant ladies, please try to look after yourself if at all possible?

I woke up at 4.30 with a massive headache, it really hurts sad

I also was introducing my replacement to people yesterday & it basically made me feel rubbish <sulky> I think it's best I only have 6 working days left now, need to finish work & start seriously relaxing instead of stressing over leaving my very enjoyable job sad

Elpis huge congrats & I hope my LO comes out resembling something like a baby rather than a gremlin which is what I've been thinking!!

Midgetm Fri 28-Sep-12 07:16:59

Things I must do today

Go pick up my prescription for gaviscon so wantan's DH doesn't have to.

Go kick Mickeys boss for being a nobber and making her work too hard.

Try and listen to hypno cd with my rubbish birthing partner without him pissing himself laughing.

Rock backwards and forwards thinking about why I am throwing a party for DD tomorrow with 25 4-5 year olds when I am 36 weeks pregnant confused

That is all

WantAnOrange Fri 28-Sep-12 07:49:01

He does indeed rock and has been rewarded wink

Lizzie this is my second pregnancy and I didn't have SPD first time either. I haven't had any physio. I'll be honest I have not suffered nearly as much as some do and found it manageable so didn't bother with the referal. Now I'm really hurting but I've only got 2 weeks left so so probably won't bother. I do to much and bring it on myself. Yesturday I spent an hour ironing, after being at college all morning, so today, DH has ordered me to sit down and not leave the house!

Fair enough, as I have LOADS of coursework to do and really should get it done before baby arrives!

hufflepuffle Fri 28-Sep-12 07:55:09

Morning all! Like to say woke up positive, but alas no! Yes, there are lots of options for random cover, lots of people who need jobs. We are a v small busy practice which is run in a v controlled way by me!! Finding the right person was v hard, we also provide home visits which most wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Thus a random stranger turning up next wk to work would not only be hard on them but v hard on other staff, likely highly inefficient and piss off most of the people booked on to see them, losing us loyal patients and ultimately money, now and future. This may sound far fetched to most of you. We are not a big many staff practice where anything goes.

I am flabbergasted. I hav a few options. Most likely is that I continue to work next wk and hope she recovers fast. I need to make some calls this morning to friends who may help out. I might even hav to eat humble pie and offer temporary job to the person who didn't get the job. But she has had no intro to my odd ways or how we run. And she may tell me to go jump!!!!

Am sure something will turn up. So this was to be a cheerful busy last day, looks like a worrying complicated one.

Sorry to whinge, but god I need to. Hugs to you all, keep well, please send stay in, stay calm vibes to my bean who is due to arrive 2 weeks on Sunday and despite half hoping for it to come early, now need it to v v firmly stay putt!!!

Ciao! X

Smorgs Fri 28-Sep-12 09:51:01

Umm should I be worried that the anaesthetist started some long rambling talk about euthanasia at my apt this morning?! Feel pretty sure he's one of these French intellectual types you likes to discuss ideas a lot, but was slightly disconcerting nonetheless. Anyway his overall attitude was nice - epidural not compulsory, although they don't allow 'walking epidurals' here now you can still sit up or on a birth chair, you can have it anytime between 2-9cm dilated and if you decide not to have it you can give birth in the water bath, yay!

Did mad rush to Ikea last night to buy cot and changing table - think I might suggest to Relate that they set up a stand on the door. That place is a nightmare for marital relations.

elpis huge congratulations! Love your description of all the sniffly sounds - I can't wait!

Oh hufflepuffle that sounds so stressful. I'm afraid I have no advice other than what others have said. I hope things work out brew

fjordmor huge sympathies on your fall, sounds way more dramatic than mine. Glad the bean seems ok but do get your wrist checked out. Better to do it now when you have a bit of time than find out later that you seriously hurt it and have a wriggly baby to look after.

squid hope you're feeling a bit better today. These hormones are troublesome aren't they. I can only suggest taking each day as it comes and relying on the idea that your body knows what's right for you and little squidlet so will start things moving when it's the right time. You've done so much to help it along I don't think you could have done more.

MrsConfusion Fri 28-Sep-12 09:59:40

Oh huffle really hope you find someone to cover. sad My FIL is an optometrist, self-employed, and has found his patients very understanding when he's been away (both expectedly and unexpectedly), but I doubt that will reassure you. Fingers crossed the locum gets better quickly. Do try to look after yourself as much as poss.

squid have a big hug my lovely, you're amazing and shouldn't beat yourself up (so hard not to, but we'll keep telling you until you believe us!). thanks

cherry main symptom of this liver thing was itchy skin - general feeling tired/grotty was indistiguishable from general 38-weeks-of-pregnancyness, but the itching was new and getting worse. confused

Off to the hospital this afternoon to see what the docs say and agree a plan. hmm I'm oscillating between wanting to keep bean inside as long as possible (only 1/5th engaged so clearly not ready yet to emerge) and thinking that if it's going to be an induction, let's just get on with it so I don't fret, and don't keep itching... Will try to get the doctors to give us some relative risk information later on (the info on the internet seems fairly contradictory, seemingly not much studied).

Just checking through the hospital bags to make sure we're packed in case they do anything daft today, and then I'm going to cook up a batch of food for freezer. Lots of other things need doing but that's about all I can get my head around at the moment!

Hope the new mummies are getting to know their babies and recovering well from the births, and that the daddies are learning the ropes too. brew and biscuit and thanks and love to all.

Planktonette Fri 28-Sep-12 10:57:15

What the hell is the deal. Had best nights sleep in ages last night (only weed about six times! grin and now, shattered. Soooo tired.

Dishwasher and mobile have now joined washing machine in deciding to not actually work anymore. Swear to God my appliances are psychic...

huffle OW. Wish I had something useful to say... Really don't though. Best luck. Customers who k ow about your pregnancy will probably be very under standing, people are good that way. (At a east, they keep surprising me!)

Going to go read comics on the couch now.

Smorgs Fri 28-Sep-12 10:57:26

Oh and yomping the aching fanjo of doom has struck me today too sad

Liege07 Fri 28-Sep-12 11:00:55

Hello everyone,

Quite a lot to catch up on! congratulations elpis, velo angelico and Cwest ... I am getting so excited now! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the snuggles..

Just a quick post to say I am alive and still pregnant, was admitted to hospital on Tuesday (after monitoring) for two nights for more monitoring and a "stress test" and because of relatively high levels of liver enzymes (though no actual symptoms eg itching) and because I felt reduced movement from the babe. All a bit scary and stressful but all fine now and I am out and baby seems fine (and is still in) more monitoring every two days and blood tests etc..

MrsConfusion hoping all goes well at the docs today - the itching must be terrible - hope you can get some relief.

squid thinking of you, it must be very difficult but it will pass and before you know it you'll be doing 5 mile walks in the rain with the baby in his or her sling! and all this pre-birth stress will be a distant memory.

hufflepuffle really hope you get something sorted soon but I agree with whoever said that your patients are likely to be understanding and will surely remain loyal and supportive instead of throwing toys out of the pram... Good luck though!

sorry to all the rest I haven't mentioned.. I've read you all though and send support, biscuit and brew!

xxx

Londonmrss Fri 28-Sep-12 11:37:28

Hi all,

Liege, that sounds scary- glad everything is ok!
Any news Huffle? Hope you're managing to keep calm- what a horrible situation to find yourself in at the moment.
Hope you're doing ok, Squid.
Had my 36 week appointment today and as everything is still fine, I'm all set to go into the lovely birth centre once I go into labour. A bit annoying that they're wanting me to book in for a sweep at 41 weeks, but I suppose it makes sense.

For anyone who is wondering about the new whooping cough etc jab which is going to be rolled out for pregnant women, I mentioned it to my midwife this morning. They hadn't heard anything about it and also found out from the BBC like the rest of us. She said she can't imagine it being available as early as next week, but worth calling towards the end of the week to find out when it might be possible. Might be available for some of us as it's up to 38 weeks.

Anyone else getting bad bump ache when they spend too long on their feet?

Hugs to you all.

YompingJo Fri 28-Sep-12 12:53:02

Yay Elpis, hugely brilliant news! Glad it all went OK, sorry to hear about the throwing up, very kind of you to go through that so that you could help the rest of us avoid it grin! Picturing you with snuffly baby and going all gooey at the thought!

Kind of relieved to have company in the aching fanjo department but sorry others have this too as it's a bit miserable!

After chatting to a couple of friends last night, turns out the weird "panicky" feelings I have been having are BH contractions so I'm not so cross with my uterus any more as it is clearly trying hard to get some practice in.

Huffle, FjordMor and MrsConfusion, sending you general sympathy for job stress, wrist pain and badly behaved liver. No-one should have to deal with this sort of shite so late in pregnancy!

Off to cafe for tea, lunch and cake, mmmm cake! Nom nom nom!

Yomping, 37, 39 weeks today, eek! And now the proud owner of a plastic jug to pour over my bits while I pee to relieve any stinging. Pregnancy... it's so glam grin grin

dosomethingmutley Fri 28-Sep-12 13:57:29

Hooray for the safe arrival of so many babies already grin Huge congratulations to all the mums, new beans, brothers, sisters and husbands involved thanks

I have been struggling lots with lack of sleep and the general tearfulness that this brings with it (and being too busy to be able to do anything about it), but this morning managed to snooze for an extra 2.5 hours, so feeling a bit more positive now. This afternoon I will go for a stomp in the blustery fresh air and then stop procrastinating and actually pack my hospital bag.

Love and hugs to all those struggling, or who have had scares recently. huffle I really hope you manage to find a solution to your cover situation; are any of your employees willing/able to step in to the breach in the interim whilst your replacement recovers?

Take care of yourselves, beanbakers! x

Zara1984 Fri 28-Sep-12 14:02:56

On a half day at work so having a cheeseburger & fries at the greasy spoon near work before heading home grin - my mat cover starts on Monday, it's going to be a busy 2 weeks crossover!

Thank you elpis re the eating & epidurals!! I know I will be famished after delivery so that is another reason for me to try my very very best not to get an epidural!!

crazypaving Fri 28-Sep-12 14:13:08

Grrr, am so sick of these crampy braxton hicks. I didn't have this last time, I just went into labour! I thought 2nd time round your body was supposed to know what it was doing better, not fanny around and keep you guessing!

<wanders off grumbling incoherently>

This thread is not accepting new messages.