Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - roll on 12 weeks!

(1000 Posts)
DizziDoll Wed 26-Sep-12 14:57:01

Thread n2 for those due in May 2013

LittleBairn Tue 16-Oct-12 07:41:46

10 wise words. smile

I'm 9 weeks today [happy dance] grin

10storeylovesong Tue 16-Oct-12 06:23:53

I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure taking or not taking folic acid will have nothing to do with brown blood. Nothing that you have done or not done will have caused that. Our bodies are (very!) strange and mysterious things - do not start beating yourself up. I'd put money on it that everyone on this board is doing everything right because we really care - that's why we're on here!

peardrop2 Mon 15-Oct-12 23:51:42

Does anyone know when the earliast point a Doppler can pick up a heartbeat? I really want one!!

peardrop2 Mon 15-Oct-12 23:48:47

Oh bugger. I too have forgotten to take folic acid for the last two nights shock Maybe that's why I had brown blood today no that is insane

LittleBairn Mon 15-Oct-12 23:28:00

littlep so glad you mentioned the weird discharge I've had it too I was a bit shock at first but the books say its normal. smile

Good point about cereal, my MS is at its best first thing so I'll try and eat some each morning. Thank you, I am now a lot less worried! It was only the lack of folic acid I was concerend about, now I can relax.

Yes another one here who is sooooo nervous about the scan - a week to go tomorrow.

Tmi alert - but has anyone had any really snot-like thick discharge? I've had a few 'clumps' of it come out over the last two days together with a slightly achey tummy and now I've convinced myself it's my mucous plug coming out sad please tell me I'm being silly?

Oh, and I also keep forgetting my multi-vits and feel terrible about it. But then I am eating breakfast cereal most days and that has folic acid in it doesn't it? So hopefully it's not too bad? angry

LittleBairn Mon 15-Oct-12 22:03:32

secretcervix I can imagine how you feel I reckon more women dread the 12 week scan compared to those who skip in assuming all will be ok.

LittleBairn Mon 15-Oct-12 22:01:27

frustrated that make me feel so much better that I'm not the only one. grin

Berri my problem with them is similar too except mine say to take with food and I'm finding it difficult to eat much. Finally remembered to take one tonight and then had a major bout of MS.
If to wasn't for mini chedders, I'd starve, it's one of the few things my stomach accepts.

You have my sympathy on the women issues from what I've heard this is normal. This trainer might have a tight arse but your having his baby that way better than a fit body!

SecretCervix Mon 15-Oct-12 20:34:33

Just the normal 12 week one. Nervous isn't the word.

berri Mon 15-Oct-12 20:20:33

Don't worry little it's easily done. I was having trouble taking mine as it says on the label to take on an empty stomach - 1-2 hrs after food, or 1hr before. So I could never seem to find a good time of day to take it!!! So I've kind of started ignoring that now and just take it whenever - surely the vits get absorbed anyway..... I hope
It might help leaving them near your toothbrush or something else you need to get every day - leave them in with your glasses/mugs so you see them first thing?

I need pulling together myself - I think it's just the hormones but I'm feeling really jealous at the moment. DH went out on Friday night (he hardly ever goes out anymore so I shouldn't be bothered at all) and I spent the whole night thinking he was talking to other women - you know the kind that are not on the sofa in their yoga bottoms half asleep by 8pm every night! Then today he's started a new gym and has signed up to personal training sessions with a woman (shock horror) and I just can't help thinking she must have an amazing figure etc. I've nearly been in tears all day - how ridiculous. sad

Ooh thanks ladies, just realised I haven't been taking mine. blush

LittleBairn Mon 15-Oct-12 19:58:21

Thanks frankie that really helped me pull myself together and realise others forget too.
I'm going to stick post it's around the house reminding myself to take them.

frankienoodles Mon 15-Oct-12 19:41:47

wilde yey for being Edd twins... I love the fact that on here I can find people who are experiencing the same as me! I would love reassurance scans... that sounds just the best, I feel so tired and lazy and worried that if i could just laze around permanently attached to an ultrasound drinking a big glass of tropical juice, thats all i'd do i'm sure!

Just found out that DH will be away in the US on business for our 12 week scan date which has already been moved once for his schedule. feel awful as it's our first and neither of us wants me to go alone.

little try not to beat yourself up about it too much, I've forgotten mine a fair amount too, in fact today, you've just reminded me! I'm sure everyone is the same. Though I understand why you're worried with your diet messed about with MS so much! don't be sad about it, its just one of those things and i'm sure there are many a clueless taking any at all

x

LittleBairn Mon 15-Oct-12 19:22:22

I feel really guilty. sad just realised I've forgotten to take my muti vit with folic acid for the last few days. I've forgotten it once or twice before but never a few days in a row!
I try to keep a routine of taking it, in the evening was better at first
Because we'd mostly both be at home for dinner but now I have awful MS I'm just not eating much.
I feel like I'm letting the baby down already it's such a simple thing yet I just can't seem to do it. sad

wilderumpus Mon 15-Oct-12 18:47:15

good luck for weds secret. is a scary thing. are you having the scan for a particular worry or is it just you normal 12 week one? Am having a reassurance scan tomorrow and am in complete denial about it.

frankie we are edd buddies! Mine might be changed tomorrow who knows. I had a scan at 7 weeks and STILL think I have made it all up! so I totally know how you feel!

SecretCervix Mon 15-Oct-12 18:39:20

Hi guys posted earlier but it didn't send due to MN going offline.

11 weeks today, scan wednesday, terrfied there will be bad news and cannot shake that feeling at all.

frankienoodles Mon 15-Oct-12 18:32:30

Hi everyone, Haven't been on here for ages!

still feeling tired and nauseous mainly but happier to have actually seen the midwife etc.

Is anyone else really paranoid to go for a scan (mine is in 3 weeks! soo far away) and to have been making it all up! despite sickness, tiredness, no periods and about 10 positive tests I still feel worried that there is nothing but a food baby in there making my jeans tight!

very interesting re. telling female friends... I am totally cacking it to be the first of all my friends to fall pregnant and i'm sure there will be some eye rolling and upset maybe from my recently engaged bf. Haven't told her because I don't want to piss on her chips and want her to be able to bask in her engagement but it's going to get obvious when I start to balloon.

craving tropical juice... have finished 2 2lt bottles in less than a week which is very unlike me. what are you guys after?

congratulations elspartacus and everyone new! Wilde... we have the same due date I think and i'm definitely with you on the roasties!

xx

9+3

wilderumpus Mon 15-Oct-12 17:12:18

naursea?! hehe!

wilderumpus Mon 15-Oct-12 17:10:27

i feel a bit more sicky at 9 weeks... don't know if this means much tho as symptoms really fluctuate with me.

from my two bleeds this pg, pear brown blood is fine, pink blood is fine, a small amount of blood is fine. Lots of red blood, clots and cramping is not fine (though could all be fine but def need to draw that to someone's attention) how are you now? I had an external at 7 weeks, but you could have an internal if they can't find the baby straight away/you have a tilted uterus.

am delighted 10 that your tiredness seems to be lifting! I find the naursea easier to deal with than the tiredness I think.

sorry boo am a flibbertigibbet and completely forgot to say in your other post about being under consultant-led care! I quite liked it when I had it for DS as it maent more appts to talk about my pregnancy to people who really cared, and I got to listen in at them too. and I still got my homebirth smile Good luck for this baby, cooking a 10lber must make you SO hungry! grin

I am making roast potatoes for my dinner. just roast potatoes. I need them!

waves to elspartacus hello and congrats!

maybe I think texting your friend was a good idea. I would like to hear stuff that way I think then I could have got my face straight for my response (which would have always been pleased for the pg person but owchy for what I lost) So complicated. we have yet to tell our friends who mc'ed last week. won't until over 12 weeks and know ours is ok, and then will take it from there. It will be hard.

peardrop2 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:03:13

My best friend is single and very vulnerable at the moment because she keeps finding Mr Right and then he runs away. I've decided I'm going to ring her at 12 weeks, then she can pretend to be happy for me but make faces down the phone. I do totally get it but would rather tell her on the phone then by text as then at least I can reassure her that she's going to be OK rather then be worried about her :-)

peardrop2 Mon 15-Oct-12 16:59:36

Maybe I think you've done it the most sensitive way possible (by text). I think the best you can do is not share to much and tell her that you're there for her if and when she needs you. I have a friend who is 7mths pregnant and her friend is no longer talking to her because she's also going through IVF. Listening to their story I think they're both to blame. Her friend has probably not handled it that well by ignoring the pregnancy for 7months and I think my friend should have shown more interest in what her friend was going through with the IVF treatment. The way I think I would have dealt with it is acknowledge and show interest in the IVF friend and put my pregnancy aside until she was ready to talk about it. I am a bit of a sensitive soul though!!

10storeylovesong Mon 15-Oct-12 15:49:41

maybe I was the same with 3 of my friends. I'd had the discussion previously about how we'd want to be told if each other fell pregnant and all agreed we'd prefer text as can reply happy and supportive, but still have a little cry if needed. Still wasn't easy telling them though.

My sickness also got worse at 9 weeks - the nausea progressed to actual vomiting. That's still bad now but the intense tiredness seems to be lifting slightly. I'm 11+5.

MaybeAMayBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 15:22:10

Hey gals,

Been a few days since I've been on. Welcome to els and sparky? (I've got that wrong haven't I?)

Pear-I'd say it sounds ok atm. Pull a sicky tomorrow and put your feet up.

Had the mother of all migraines yesterday. I get them rarely but never had one like this. It started off with flashing zigzags in my vision and then my arm and face went numb! Scared me half to death. Then the headache kicked in and I was vomiting. Really really not nice. I gave in and have had four Paracetemol over the past 24 hours. I never took anything the whole 9 months with DD.

Morning sickness is at its worse too. Anyone's increase around 9 weeks? I feel dreadful. And eating isn't helping. Also my diabetes is playing me up-evidence of placenta kicking in I think. Maybe why I've got the other symptoms too.

As for fb. I'm more of a lurker than a poster. But also hate scan photos (sorry to anyone who's done it). My oldest friend has been TTC for 4 years and recently had a mc. It was hard enough telling her about our news without me posting updates etc. anyone with any advice in what to do/ say to her? I text her a few weeks ago because I didn't want to drop it on her face to face as a surprise. I knew she'd be happy for us but I also knew it must have hurt. I just feel for her so much sad.

peardrop2 Mon 15-Oct-12 14:59:39

Thanks Panda your advice was very helpful x

PedanticPanda Mon 15-Oct-12 14:53:30

That's great peardrop, keep us up to date, and we're all here to hold your hand and reassure you if you're worried about anything.

This thread is not accepting new messages.