Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013 - roll on 12 weeks!

(1000 Posts)
DizziDoll Wed 26-Sep-12 14:57:01

Thread n2 for those due in May 2013

Mooll I wouldn't worry about one slight slip.Loads of people carry on drinking,smoking and eating what they like for the first few months of pregnancy as they don't realise they are pregnant and have no problems.
I would think about trying a different hospital as to me i want the full on great experience.No good being great in one area and rubbish in another when it comes to this.

Ds1 is being a nightmare at the moment and i lost my temper with him a little this morning[bad mummy emoction] blush He has Autism but sometimes he is just plain naughty and this morning seemed to be a full on combination of the two.

peardrop2 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:18:01

RTchoke I'm a bit envy of your MS...how silly am I!! It's just that I've had zero symptoms apart from cramping and wind. Just makes me feel a bit non-pregnant. Thank goodness I have a scan to put my mind at rest tomorrow!

6+1

LittleBairn Thu 27-Sep-12 10:51:45

Morning everyone! I for the first time in 2 weeks managed to get a decent nights sleep which was a great relief but I already feel fatigued.

RT your feta and Beetroot salad sounds lovely. I was reading yesterday that it's ok to eat more salt in pregnacy up to 6g a day because of all the new blood and capillaries your body is making.

beaut my DH is a HFA and sometimes he drives me mad, and it's not always the autism sometimes he's just annoying.
I've looked after children on the spectrum too and they can be hard work so don't be too hard on yourself.

6+2

tweety89 Thu 27-Sep-12 12:46:10

Hi everyone! I'm writing this to get it out of my chest just before my app with the GP in a few hours. I went to my GP last Thursday after having done a clearblue pregnancy test that was telling me that I was 1-2 weeks pregnant. She checked with the surgery's test and as the line was not very obvious (I always thought that no matter how pale the line is, you're still pregnant, am I wrong?), she sent me for some urgent blood tests to be 100% sure. I did the blood test on Friday and on Saturday I did the second clearblue test at home and I got the 2-3 weeks result. Eventually the blood results came back on Monday afternoon and I had a call from the receptionist saying that the GP would like to see me even though there were no appointments available (I would have to call on Thursday morning in case of cancellations). I asked her whether I was pregnant and she told me that she was going to repeat what the GP said, that I was probably pregnant (!). confused
As you can understand, since Monday I've been reading over the internet all the explanations that this 'probably pregnant' can mean and as I don't have the symptoms (no swollen breasts at least) that I had in my first pregnancy with DD, I've started convincing myself that I'm either not pregnant or I've already had a miscarriage and didn't realise it... I eventually called the surgery again, spoke to the same receptionist (what are the chances? smile) and she booked me for today telling me that I shouldn't worry and that if there is a doubt they might send me for further tests...
Anyone else not having any symptoms at all? I did have a big problem one day with number 2 (1h and 20 minutes! smile) which I never do, some headaches, but nothing else really... sad
IF I'm pregnant, my EDD would be 23 May.
Let's wait until they decide...

tweety89 Thu 27-Sep-12 12:49:35

peardrop2 have you asked for an early scan or they offered it to you?

PedanticPanda Thu 27-Sep-12 13:07:50

beautician my son has autism too and I'm pregnant with hopefully my 2nd dc. My last 2 pregnancies ended in a mc though so am not sure when to tell dc incase he can't handle if it goes wrong, I'm thinking of waiting until 20wks but then we wouldn't be able to tell anyone incase they let slip to DS. When are you going to tell your DS?

LittleBairn Thu 27-Sep-12 13:27:28

tweaty how frustrating for you! I have always thought a line was a line especially if you have had had a line twice. Hope all goes well for you today.

jenpenod Thu 27-Sep-12 13:40:54

Hope you can accept a late joiner - you sound like such a supportive group of women and I think I could really do with that right now!

I'm due on the 20th of May and had my first doctor's appointment yesterday which made it all seem so real. I got pregnant immediately after coming off the pill which was a huge shock (naively presumed it would take at least a couple of months). Tbh, I'm really just trying to get my head around it at the moment. I hope that doesn't sound bad. I'm excited of course but mostly just terrified/nervous!

The MS has hit me hard and I've being violently sick 4-6 times a day for the last 2 weeks. There is no respite from it at all....I can just about manage to get myself in to work and back home to bed. I haven't managed to keep down a proper meal since it started. Is anyone else feeling this bad? From those that have experience of it, can I expect it to continue like this until week 12/13 or is there a chance that it'll ease off? Help!

berri Thu 27-Sep-12 13:55:42

Hi to newcomers! Jen I really feel for you sad There seem to be a lot of ladies on the thread with ms, I have been lucky enough this time not to suffer (so far) but I think some of the suggestions previously have been ginger and lemonade both working quite well.... There was another thread on the Pregnancy board which you might have seen too, and the general consensus was that it can stop as quickly as it started so fingers crossed you're not suffering for too long.

Tweety how annoying - I had the faintest of faint lines this time and it gradually got darker day by day (god knows how many tests oops) until I finally ran out! They are probably going to test your blood for the hcg levels, but as you got your result so early they are probably not rushing it along. Frustrating for you but I'm sure it'll be fine in the long run. If you read back a bit you'll see there are lots of us with no symptoms.

Will come back later, got to get DS ready.....

9 weeks today! Hurrah!

jenpenod Thu 27-Sep-12 14:06:12

berri - thanks for the reassurance. I will hope that it goes away as quickly as it arrived. I'm going to pop down to Boots and buy one of those travel sickness bands....from reading other threads, it seems to work for a lot of women. Must stock up on the ginger tea too!

tweety Thats terrible.Hope you get it sorted.I would say a line is a line.Ive not really had any symptoms either.No ms,no sore boobs.Just peeing more than normal.

Pedantic Im not telling DS's until 20 weeks.As soon as i tell people i am pregnant i will be telling them not to mention it in front of ds's.I know that will be hard but i think it will be ok.If he finds out he finds out.I will be 20 weeks at christmas so hoping to tell them on christmas day.

Welcome Jen and Congrats

kittykatskumkwat Thu 27-Sep-12 14:16:26

Tweety I think hot are so sensitive these days that the gp tests are no where neer as accurate, when I got of last time with bleeding I got a +ve on the digi 1-2 weeks on the tue, had tests 2 days later and result was 20mlu ( I think almost classed as not pregnant) I though it was over however 2 days later result was 50 so the digi had picked up a hcg of 10 and the frer had picked it up 3 days before that!!!
Don't panic I think you just got excited with the positive result and went to the gp abit early when you possibly had not even missed your first af by then, fx for you

WeatherWitch Thu 27-Sep-12 14:29:45

Adding RTChoke & Jenpenod in:

LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May
WeatherWitch - DC1 - EDD 1 May
Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
Pinkand stripy DC1 EDD 2nd May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May
Whyismymindblank - DC4 (argh! & eek!) edd 4 may
Toffeesam - DC1- EDD 5th May
BadBuddha - DC2 edd 5 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
DanyTargaryen- DC2- EDD 6 May
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May
Mwncigirl - DC2 - EDD 9 May
Rhienne DC2 EDD 9th May
BeauticianNotMagician-DC3-EDD 10 May
Beaver33 - DC1 - edd 10 May
PickleP DC1 EDD 11th May.
Bionic77 - DC1 EDD 15th May
FiveandtheBonusBall - DC6 (triple arghh!!!) EDD 16 May
Booboomonster - DC3 EDD 16 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May
MissMedusa - DC1 - EDD 18 May
Frankienoodles- DC1- EDD 18 May
maybeAMaybaby DC2 EDD 19 May
Vickles-DC4-EDD 20 May
OneDayBaby-DC1-EDD 20 May
Jenpenod - DC1 - EDD 20 May
MelCGox - DC1EDD 21 May
LittleBairn DC1 EDD 21 May
RTChoke DC3 EDD 21 May
Ktfrd DC2 EDD 22nd May
Peardrop DC1 - 22nd May
Cuppateaandagingersnap DC1 EDD 22ndMay
PedanticPanda DC2 EDD 22 May
EllieBuffalo - EDD 23rd May
CheerfulYank DC2- EDD 23rd May
MooLL DC2 EDD 23rd May
Lollypopscical EDD 24th May
Shelly81 EDD 24th May
Bunnychan DC1 EDD 24th May
Thundercatsarego-DC1 - EDD 28 May
Ibelieveinpink EDD DC1 29th May
Kittykatskumkwat EDD DC1 29th May
Frustratedsycamorepants DC2 EDD 3rd June

Tweety - I had something similar when ClearBlue digital was definite (twice - refused to believe the first one!) and then the test at the doctor's only came up with a faint line. I bullied persuaded them that this definitely meant I was pregnant until they gave me an appointment with the doc, but they were quite close to sending me away. Hope it works out okay.

LittleB - I'm doing dizzy faint spells on a regular basis, most recently yesterday midway through walking the dog. In the rain. In the middle of nowhere. Ended up sitting on a wet bank eating blackberries off a hedge until I felt better - not clever. I'm now making sure I don't go out without something edible in my pocket. Seems to be worse when I'm tired too.

ktfrd Thu 27-Sep-12 14:36:48

Hey ladies! How are you all? Hope everybody's pregnancies are progressing well!! Just needed some advice...am currently 6+1 with DC2 & i'm currently experiencing really bad headaches to the point where I feel dizzy. I had hyperemesis with my son & am praying I dont get it a second time around! I havent been sick...yet but just wondered if what i'm feeling so far is normal? x

PedanticPanda Thu 27-Sep-12 15:51:39

ktfrd I've had such awful headaches too. I'm not sure if it's due to the surge of hormones or because I've cut down in caffeine.

PedanticPanda Thu 27-Sep-12 15:52:53

And I've been quite dizzy and light headed too, I think that's to do with the pregnancy though. If you're worried could your gp check you over?

CheerfulYank Thu 27-Sep-12 16:53:04

Checking in! smile

lollypopsicle Thu 27-Sep-12 16:58:26

I had what felt like a constant headache through my first tri last time. It was so bad one day I called in sick at work (only had 2 days sick during the pregnancy). It is a normal symptom but a bloody awful one!

hopeful92 Thu 27-Sep-12 17:27:21

Heyy you forgot meeee EDD 20th May 2013 smile

FertiltyFTW I had my first MW appointment at my house - nothing too exciting happened really.. Filled out lots of forms, got given lots of leaflets, got asked about and advised on supplements, foods to avoid, bloodpressure and heart rate taken, weighed, lectured on BMI... Asked loads about family history and medical history, asked about matters such as domesti violence and that is basically as fun as it gets...! Oh and she did make my appointment for my 12 week scan there and then on the phone - mine is 6th November! Exciting stuff. All feels a bit more real after speaking to MW.

I was only just under 5 weeks when I had my home visit sometimes they just do it at your house coz it's easier and a bit less informal for you than a doctors surgery!

My next appointment is next month and she will be taking 3 viles of blood (yikes - I'm petrified of needles!!) and also BMI check so she can decide which hospital to book me into! I also have the Gestational Diabetes test to look forward to later on!

God I really need to sort my diet out. It is just appalling at the moment. Was utterly exhausted and started to drop off on the sofa a while ago (never advisable when caring for a lively three year old!) so I've just eaten about 10 chocolate buttons and a spoonful of raspberry jam to wake myself up! It's worked, but I know this is a baaaad habit to get into.

Shopping tomorrow - any suggestions for healthy snacks to have in the house to perk me up In low blood sugar moments?

FrustratedSycamorePants Thu 27-Sep-12 18:15:47

Hey littlepickle fruit. Sweet. Natural sugars. And good for you.
Fruit is about as sweet as I get at the mo, I'm really going for savoury and rice things, which is so unlike me severe sweet tooth so definately a pg symptom. secretly placing bets on having a boy, since both dds allowed me sweet stuff, which wasn't good for figure

fertilityFTW Thu 27-Sep-12 18:44:27

Thanks for your responses on both threads hopeful! I wish it were at the surgery though, feels weird to me (but I'm not from the UK originally and the idea of people popping into your house is pretty bizarre to me anyway as are the type of personal questions!) . Also, DH will be home so I wonder if they'll ask about DV type things in front of him hmm. Oh well, first time for everything! Thanks again.

rachywhite83 Thu 27-Sep-12 19:02:43

Just added myself

x

LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May
WeatherWitch - DC1 - EDD 1 May
Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
Pinkand stripy DC1 EDD 2nd May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May
Whyismymindblank - DC4 (argh! & eek!) edd 4 may
Toffeesam - DC1- EDD 5th May
BadBuddha - DC2 edd 5 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
DanyTargaryen- DC2- EDD 6 May
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May
Mwncigirl - DC2 - EDD 9 May
Rhienne DC2 EDD 9th May
rachywhite83 DC1 - EDD 9th May
BeauticianNotMagician-DC3-EDD 10 May
Beaver33 - DC1 - edd 10 May
PickleP DC1 EDD 11th May.
Bionic77 - DC1 EDD 15th May
FiveandtheBonusBall - DC6 (triple arghh!!!) EDD 16 May
Booboomonster - DC3 EDD 16 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May
MissMedusa - DC1 - EDD 18 May
Frankienoodles- DC1- EDD 18 May
maybeAMaybaby DC2 EDD 19 May
Vickles-DC4-EDD 20 May
OneDayBaby-DC1-EDD 20 May
Jenpenod - DC1 - EDD 20 May
MelCGox - DC1EDD 21 May
LittleBairn DC1 EDD 21 May
RTChoke DC3 EDD 21 May
Ktfrd DC2 EDD 22nd May
Peardrop DC1 - 22nd May
Cuppateaandagingersnap DC1 EDD 22ndMay
PedanticPanda DC2 EDD 22 May
EllieBuffalo - EDD 23rd May
CheerfulYank DC2- EDD 23rd May
MooLL DC2 EDD 23rd May
Lollypopscical EDD 24th May
Shelly81 EDD 24th May
Bunnychan DC1 EDD 24th May
Thundercatsarego-DC1 - EDD 28 May
Ibelieveinpink EDD DC1 29th May
Kittykatskumkwat EDD DC1 29th May
Frustratedsycamorepants DC2 EDD 3rd June

Bunnychan Thu 27-Sep-12 19:38:33

Hi ya ladies! Just got back from the docs and it's now officially on my notes so really praying that I haven't made it all up now lol. Was given the flu jab there and then too so hopefully I won't catch the nasty germs from the kids at work! (Being a teacher this time of year sucks in that respect). I'm so grateful to you all for sharing your insider info; especially those who are further along than me. Keep up the good work ladies x

wilderumpus Thu 27-Sep-12 19:48:38

hello ladies!

Just back marking my place on this lovely new thread! I have been off for two weeks in Italy and WOW it has filled up here, is lovely! hello to all the newbies and congratulations all!

special wave to ttc-after-mc matey boo smile

I have my booking in appt through, in three weeks... am really scared now that I am not in fact pg at all... Has all been fine but had some bad cramping and off coloured cm this morning which made me so worried but all seems to have gone so maybe it was one of those things? Will see tomorrow. <prays baby stays put> Otherwise all is fine in Rumpus land, getting pretty bad ms in the mornings now and am so tired and fussy about my food!

I didn't have any nausea with DS so wonder if this might be a girl if I have ms... is there any sense in thinking that at ALL?!?!?!

7 weeks tomorrow...

<mooches off to make hot choccy and read through thread>

This thread is not accepting new messages.