Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - counting down the weeks

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 25-Sep-12 23:33:48
ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 08:44:57

MM I would be in no hurry to get a bookcase, unless for aesthetic purposes, as junior is a long way off treating them well. First they chew, then they rip.rip, then they draw in them. Even the board books I would pack away for a while. The cloth books are lovely for small ones.

Hope little one is ok izzy

Elizadoesdolittle Fri 05-Oct-12 09:06:52

iheartpasties am jealous, would love that heat. I hate the grey rainy weather that is currently here.

evil good luck. How exciting. Will be thinking of you.

So another crappy night sleep for me. I woke up in the middle of the night convinced I was going into labour. I better bloody not, DH has just gone on a golf trip to Spain for 3 days. I am 34+4 today so it's just my over active imagination but at 4am your mind starts to play tricks on you.

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 09:09:39

eliza snap - I had that the night before last. What do our minds do to us!

I know I shouldnt moan about the heat but it was stiffling today and I'm hoping for a thunder storm to clear the air. DD has a temp and its a bugger to keep her cool when its so bastarding hot, it made me very grumpy today. I need to get used to it and just dig the bloody fan out!!

kissyfur Fri 05-Oct-12 09:12:39

Another one with a bad nights sleep here. Usual 4:45am loo trip then couldn't get back to sleep for ages, also I was starving but didn't want to get up to go eat. I had a massive dinner last night too! Am going to have to start having cereal before bed again.

Guess you might be in hospital by now evil? Hope all is going well

StuntNun Fri 05-Oct-12 09:19:41
NervousAt20 Fri 05-Oct-12 09:24:17

Hope your doing okay evil and all goes well today

I've had an awful night, was awake 2 until half 4 then 6 until half 7 angry today I am a heavily pregnant very hormonal sleep deprived pregnant women in a very bad mood

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 09:25:25

I'm hoping all is well with evil, who will be next after her? I know a couple of ladies have cs's booked soon! Its all so exciting!

We cannot find an option we like for a boys name. oh dear. I hope we do soon! We cant even find one name at the moment!!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 09:26:42

nervous what are your plans for the day? do you have to go to work?

I had the laziest day ever today, thank goodness.

kirrinIsland Fri 05-Oct-12 09:35:02

Sophia my DD (21 months) has also started doing that - this morning it was 5.30 sad she goes straight back to her bed when I come into her room but won't go back to sleep unless I stay there with her! What's that about?!

NervousAt20 Fri 05-Oct-12 09:36:03

I'm not at work today pasties thankfully, did have some things to go out and do but think I might get some comfort food and stay confined in the house today

I feel sick with a stomach ache sad I had it on and off since yesterday I don't know what's causing it though.

It might just be her kicking my lungs but I feel breathless too. Can't wait to just have her now but feel like I've got such a long wait still. Why do the final weeks take sooooo long!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 09:57:48

Yes - I am ready to have this baby now, I went from feeling ok last week to feeling fed up this week. I am hoping a quiet weekend will help, and fingers crossed I am more positive next week!!

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 10:01:16

Valium it's just for aesthetic purposes mainly. I want my child to grow up with a love of books like DH and I both have. Might just invest in another few bookcase(s) for the lounge and office to accomodate the children's books and the rest of our overflowing collection which is also in boxes grin

StuntNun Fri 05-Oct-12 10:01:18

I'm at the GPs and the receptionist hasn't heard of the whooping cough vaccine so looks like I won't be getting it any time soon. I'm seeing the midwife next Friday so I can ask then.

My blood pressure is 138/76 and pulse 102 which is a bit of a change. It's usually 95/60 and pulse 70. My mum reckons it's okay if the diastolic hasn't gone up much. Might explain why I keep having to sit down suddenly though.

DH's boss has asked him to travel around my due date so I might be having this LO on my own shock. His work is old fashioned in that they think the company comes first and family is a distinct second. It's bad enough that he has to go to Japan for a week at the end of November, I at least thought that I'd have him to myself for the small task of giving birth.

All is not well in the Nun household!

I wonder how Evil's getting on?

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 10:12:50

stuntnun oh no, will you dh really hav to go away with work around your due date. That would stress me out! Do you have someone who can stand in as a birth partner? ((hugs))

TheDetective Fri 05-Oct-12 10:23:27

Quick request - anyone know anything about the baba sling? Someone is offering one on facebook, and I've been wanting a sling, but not researched them yet! Don't want to pass it by if it will be any good!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 10:28:28

I dont know the baba sling, sorry! Is there a sling thread somewhere?

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 10:34:41

stunt that is not good enough, and for each of your points. The GP does know! I would urge you to call Public Health. Every day your baby has a chance at antibodies is important. Please fight your corner. Your BP is rising, so be sure to keep an eye. Yes, the diastolic is still within safe limits, but it is the trending that is a concern. Do take it easy, and get it checked weekly at least. Also keep an eye out for other signs of PE. As for your DH missing the birth, that is just bloody mean. Trouble is, he needs his job, but I think paternity leave is a legal right? Might be worth googling.

ValiumQueen Fri 05-Oct-12 10:35:28

Never done slings. Made me look like I was still pregnant, and everyone laughed at me sad

MissMummy1 Fri 05-Oct-12 10:44:13

Stunt is that even legal?! We're very fortunate in that DH's work are being super flexible with someone on standby from beginning of November to take over from him and paid paternity leave even though he hasn't worked for them long enough to qualify. He does have a female boss with a baby though, which explains why they're so understanding! The arseholes he used to work for wouldn't even dream of letting him take a day off when junior was born and would most likely try and put him offshore around my due date, just because they could!

WaitingForMe Fri 05-Oct-12 10:45:30

I know I have no right to complain but I need to get this out.

I hadn't realised that when I've had jabs in the past I just slept on the other side. Both arms are really painful where I slept on them a little as I can't sleep on my back or front. I hurt so much and am so tired I just want to cry. I also feel like I'm coming down with the flu (to be expected I suppose).

And the new MW I saw yesterday said she thought I could reduce my iron tablets despite me still feeling tired and with no blood test because "It wasn't like 10.2 is low." My usual midwife prescribed them because she saw the deterioration in me and saw it as a preventative measure as she thought my iron level was declining fast. I just realised I left without a repeat prescription so now need to try and get one sorted. I'm so hacked off that she just changed my care without knowing me or doing any tests!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 10:46:28

paid paternity leave sounds wonderful!

Iheartpasties Fri 05-Oct-12 10:48:47

waiting you are allowed to moan if you couldnt sleep properly, its tough - we all want to sleep lots and probably need lots of rest!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Fri 05-Oct-12 11:08:03

Thread is almost done! Turns out DD has a chest infection so we have amoxicillin to pick up and good old paracetamol suspension. Glad I took her now, though she fell in the hugest puddle ever! Dripping mud from head to toe!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Fri 05-Oct-12 11:08:38

I feel like I should just finish this thread off as I never have before! Last post!

This thread is not accepting new messages.