Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - counting down the weeks

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 25-Sep-12 23:33:48
MissMummy1 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:02:33

Shelly I think you have just summed up any man with a slight ailment. Precisely why evolution dictates it's women who go through pregnancy and labour. Men are most definitely the weaker sex!! grin

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 10:05:21

Ohhh MM I have giant swigs of Gaviscon before I lie down, it's awful. My doctor has also prescribed me a humongous bottle that I'm getting today, it works for me and lasts right through the night. 'Tis good stuff!

As for all the bollocks people say about kids being pains - what a load of shit! When mine sleep out, me and hubby just look at each other and say 'is this what it's going to be like when we're older?'. Hence the fact I'm now pregnant again grin. It is hard when they are first born, but that soon pails into insignificance, the love you have for your children is like nothing else on earth.

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 10:06:58

MM But couldn't you just kill them! I'm going to buy a spare quilt today and sleep on the settee, when he asks me why I'm going to tell him it's to save his life grin.

kirrinIsland Thu 27-Sep-12 10:07:13

Lovely name daisy -glad he is doing well. Hope you get your BP sorted soon.

My nesting has finally kicked in! Spent the morning sorting through clothes and will tackle some cleaning as soon as DD goes to sleep.

capedcrusader25 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:23:40

Hi all smile De-lurking after a couple of months but I have been keeping up to date with everyone. I was just so busy going back to work - too busy I think as I then ended up in hospital for a week sad
Congratulations of baby Huey! Such a cute name and I'm so pleased things are on the way up.
33 weeks today, she's breech and isn't showing any signs of moving at all!
Hope everyone is well smile

MissMummy1 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:27:20

Shelly I've been known to go to bed before him when he's 'dying' and leave a spare duvet and pillow outside the door with his pyjamas. They soon get the message! I'm not mean, but when mild hayfever is self-diagnosed as swine flu I have little sympathy!

Thank you for your kind words re kids ruining our lives! I hope we are like that too.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 10:44:52

Oh shelly that made me laugh so much my bump hurt! And I really needed that as I was in floods of tears when I sat down to read. Thank you thanks

No need to be concerned, just had a difficult morning -DD2 up in night, then up early, DH with a cold so cannot do anything and feels really ill, me needing to get everybody everywhere on time, and then meeting with Head Teacher. Why is it that still at age 43 that is such a terrifying prospect?

Meeting went well. Lad is not statemented as that is not applicable in Scotland, but he does have additional support and is on some 'thing' which is graded 1-3. It was very helpful to talk things through, and I am happy that they are doing their best to safeguard my daughter, and are very clear that if anything else happens, then I will not accept anything less than him being moved to another class. They were most apologetic that he assaulted her when his1:1 person was fetching his bag. She feels awful apparently. The class teacher came to the meeting too which was good. I was glad I did not cry (I tend to when angry - most annoying) but dissolved when I came out.

Going out for a coffee with DH so we can talk, inbetween his jobs.

Am finding it quite hard to breathe, even when sitting, so glad I am off to see MW this pm. It is not the normal fat bird breathlessness, and I suspect there is a bit of anxiety in there. Just want to be sure my wee and BP are fine.

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 10:50:18

Glad it's sorted VQ, you've had a right night of it and then this meeting looming, no wonder your hormones got the better of you! Fingers crossed that nothing else happens with this lad now.

Not another hubby with a cold! Pity we can't ship them all somewhere until the little pets are feeling better envy

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 27-Sep-12 10:57:54

Glad you are feeling supported by the school VQ. And am sure anxiety is v normal (for want of a better word) given what's going on. Good think to get checked out though, especially if you know you're susceptible to pre-eclampsia symptoms towards the end.

Shelly that is so funny - why are they so PATHETIC? DH is beyond pathetic when marginally ill. Whereas I am constantly told to "man up" when I make the slightest reference to pregnancy occasionally having a physical impact. I think because I am a big fat lass who is still in pre-pregnancy clothes and doesnt entirely look pregnant, despite being almost 34 weeks of a robust build and constitution, he forgets that actually, it is somewhat of a physical process for me.

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 10:58:23

Oh yeah, and after all that, this morning he was asking me about the baby's head being so low and causing all the usual pains, pissing, swelling and the rest of it. He said 'can't I massage it back out'! Two guesses what he was wanted to massage it out with ewwwwwww, dream on Adonis, you've got a LONG wait until you get that again my friend!

So moral of the story, man-flu can affect and almost paralyse breathing and can inflict mortal pain when moving head on very soft pillow, can rupture throats and cause snot to burn skin. But 'victim' is 'still up for it'!

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 11:00:25

Madam A swift kick in the balls will cure him of that attitude, blame it on the pregnancy hormones grin.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 27-Sep-12 11:00:55

Shelly, even at his most pathetic, my DH still insists (TMI alert) that a blow job is the recommended cure for whatever he is suffering with.

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 11:01:59

Ewwwww, I used to do that years ago when I wanted stuff, but now he can feck off. He's not had one of those for years!

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 11:02:29

Where as I'd rather go for a sex ban!

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 11:03:39

I dont think my tenants have kids - that would really be uspsetting (for them all). They did split up a while back and then got back together agaon so this time who knows!!

VQ your meeting with teh HT sounds good. And I hope you LO gets better after a visit with eth doctors.

Men with colds!! wish they could just do it quitely!

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 11:05:39

Right, I'm off to go and buy a guitar and ukulele, see you later ladies grin.

YellowWellies Thu 27-Sep-12 11:10:07

Go VQ awesome news hon!!! And the prize for most random status of the day goes to shelley - ukelele?

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 11:17:56

yeah - ukelele??! :S

GTbaby Thu 27-Sep-12 11:47:03

Morning all. Still in bed and can not be bothered to get up blush. Been awake for an hour. Must get up if I want to get my pedicure today! And must get on with my knitting. I'm 5 squares into my 25 square blanket. Started 2 months ago, n with one month left I better get a move on.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 12:33:16

Having had a lovely coffee with my wonderful DH (Git) I am no longer feeling so happy about the schools response, as it is all about this boy, and not about my daughter. DH rightly says it is all about our daughter. He doesn't care what the plan is to integrate the boy, he wants to know what the plan is to keep our girl safe. He also says that them saying she is being targeted by him as she is so nice and caring is saying it is her fault, and it will not be long before she thinks it is her fault. He is going to email HT over the weekend and we will arrange another meeting. I wish he could have come with me this morning. Feel a bit as if I have been placated and manipulated, but where do you draw the line between trusting the professionals and getting tough?

Off to MW soon. Hopefully I do not have an hours wait like last time. Need to de-fluff first, in case she checks my ankles.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 12:41:01

About the realities of being a parent -nothing, absolutely nothing can be said to prepare you for just how much you will love this little scrap. It may take a while for that love to happen or grow, but it is the biggest bestest ever love there is. It is so awesome that it is actually quite terrifying, because you will naturally think if I love them this much, how would I ever cope if anything happened to them. You love them so much it hurts, but over time it kinda balances out and is bearable and just 'is', but then something happens to threaten them, illness, injury, etc, and you are right back there. Your life will never be the same, but you would never ever ever swap back, even with the cracked nipples, stretch marks, lack of sleep, lack of money etc.. The love you have for your parents, siblings, partner, pet, is nothing compared to this. Often mums are worried they will not love a second child the same as it is so very strong, but you do, like one candle lighting another, and another. They all glow equally bright. Awesome!

kissyfur Thu 27-Sep-12 13:01:48

Very well put VQ You made me well up a bit there!

Aw VQ that has made me very tearful. I can't imagine what you mean as I am not a mother yet but I feel so much love for my 2 babies that sometimes I feel like my heart will burst. I feel so protective of them and would do anything for them. Scares me to think how much more that love will grow once they are born.

Good luck with sorting out things with your DD. Be strong and don't let them placate you.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 27-Sep-12 13:08:28

Funny you should say that VQ, one of the things that crosses my mind is whether I will ever, ever, be able to love DC2 as much as DD. I'm sure I will, but until he is here, I just cannot imagine how anyone, ever, could be that dear to me.

Just marking my place while I catch the end of the last thread smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.