Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - counting down the weeks

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 25-Sep-12 23:33:48
ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 06:58:26

Other thread now full.

daisychain76 Thu 27-Sep-12 06:58:44

Hi all, thanks for the lovely messages. New Ds is called Huey (spent time while being inducrd trying to agree a name, dh liked Hugh but l thought it didn‘t suit a tiny baby/toddler so suddenly Huey came up out of the blue).

He is still neeeding a lot of help breathing, but improving gradually and l think they are going to try him on breast milk today (they give some sort of glucose thro a tube at first). I am expressing every 3 hours and feel a bit like a dairy cow smile

Sat waiting to be reviewed by dr as blood pressure has gone up again ~ think someone messed up and l just disn‘t get any meds to control it rather than a gradual qithdrawal yesterday, but all the. other meds had given me a bad stomach so wasn‘t in a fit state to query it. Hoping today will be less eventful!

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 07:04:32

daisy we are told the BP sorts after delivery, but it does not always happen. Sorry you are still having trouble. Hope you are soon sorted. Huey is very cute, and different too. Will you still have Hugh on the birth certificate? We think we are decided on Grayson. Apparently MIL likes it, so that is ok then hmm so much for not telling anyone, so I told my mum too out of spite grin and she approves. Makes a change as they refused to call DD2 by her name for months.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Sep-12 07:06:38

And daisy well done for being a dairy cow. Every little drop will make a difference. Hope it is not long before you can feed him directly, as it is much more fun.

StuntNun Thu 27-Sep-12 07:20:46

YW it will not be the same, it will be better! If you don't have kids already you won't believe how much love you can have for them. There's nothing more beautiful than a sleeping baby, and you end up just gazing at them while they're asleep.

34 weeks today, that's still ages to go isn't it? Baby's clothes are in the washing machine now but he still has nowhere to sleep!

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 07:30:27

I leaned over in the shower this morning and was sick, yuck.

daisy lovely to hear an update from you, sorry if you were feeling rough yesterday. Huey is a very cute name, i love it!!!

horseylady Thu 27-Sep-12 07:33:28

Daisy hope things get better!! Lovely to hear from you!!

35 weeks today!!! 11 days left at work. Though my insides feel battered today after he spent all night kicking my insides!!

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 07:35:56

and boo to the flooding in the Uk at the moment, sounds awful.

Lilliana Thu 27-Sep-12 07:53:52

Just caught up on the last thread and now late for work! Marking my place and will be back later.

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 08:17:37

Dh came back from work early today because I said I was feeling sick. He's good most of the time, he only pisses me off when I am in a mega bad mood, and at the moment this can happen all the time! A big black mood will just descend on me blush.

Anyway I was in a massive strop yesterday and went to bed early and was in a foul mood all day really. Argh. It started because our tenants have spit up for the second time and they are both putting the letting agent in the middle - they both want to keep the house and turf the othe rone out!! yikes. When I was pregnant last time out tenant stopped paying rent and we had to evict her which took ages and ages and we lost about 2 thousand pounds!! argh!!

Lane81 Thu 27-Sep-12 08:39:07

Marking place, went to Cornwall for a week and missed a whole thread! 34 weeks and counting!!!. Congratulations daisy!

kissyfur Thu 27-Sep-12 08:39:17

Morning all

Lovely to hear from you daisy hope you start to feel better soon, love the name Huey smile hope little man continues to improve and you get to feed him directly soon

Sorry to hear you are having tenant troubles pasties and hope you feel better soon

Detective what buggy liner did you get from John Lewis? I still haven't found one. Could do with getting a few more bits sorted out this weekend!

Iheartpasties Thu 27-Sep-12 08:46:23

thanks kissy, just feels good to moan on here and get it off my chest smile

YellowWellies Thu 27-Sep-12 08:48:01

Aw thanks for the reassurance Stunt - good to hear when you hear so many tired and knackered parents going 'bwahahahaha just you wait, it'll all change, bwahahahah' etc

Daisy hope your BP is sorted soon - sounds like little Huey is being a trooper and well done you on expressing. Fingers crossed you'll be home soon as a little family before you know it xxx

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 27-Sep-12 09:01:46

Cute name Daisy.

We're no further forward with names, although DH has come up with his most traditional suggestion yet, "Rufus James". I don't loathe it the way I have loathed most of his other suggestions, so waiting to see if it grows. He has thankfully accepted that if one name is more unusual, the other name should be very traditional, but wants whatever more unusual name we agree on to go first - I of course want the opposite, am trying to persuade him that "Thomas Sebastian" sounds very nice. So more negotiation required...

33+6 today, and 12 days left at work, taking me to 36 weeks. Intending to finalise bag packing shortly, and will do the other bits when am finally on leave. Meeting with consultant next week to finalise birth choice/plan. Am expecting to agree a section at 39 weeks if no spontaneous labour prior to then.

The countdown really is on though!

So pleased to hear little Huey is improving daisy and I hope you start to feel better soon as well.

That sounds tricky pasties. Are there any children involved?

I spoke to DP again last night about sleeping arrangements when the baby is here. He made the suggestion of a sofa bed in the baby's room but then when I said I want him next to me but will take him out of the room as soon as he wakes up he agreed smile I need to get a mattress and bedding for the crib at the weekend then baby shopping will be complete. I need a hospital bag as well and I'm bidding on one on ebay at the moment which will be ok for a changing bag after.

We were laying in bed this morning and DP had his leg resting against my stomach which baby didn't like so he started kicking. DP said he didn't care then two seconds later moved his leg grin That's how soft he is really.

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 27-Sep-12 09:09:23

Nice to hear from you daisy glad all is well with little Huey.

I'm 33+3 today. Whilst I'm pretty much ready for this little one to arrive now I'm in no hurry for them to. In fact I will be happy to go a couple of days over due. I might not feel like that in 6 weeks time though! I'm very lucky in that at the moment apart from a few general discomforts that come with having a huge bump, I'm feeling pretty good.

YellowWellies Thu 27-Sep-12 09:11:54

Madame I LOVE Rufus James - sorry to side with your DH but hey Rufus is one of the oldest names in the English language - so you could argue that your DH is putting the traditional name first? I know a couple of adult Rufus' and they are lovely blokes.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Thu 27-Sep-12 09:19:46

Thanks YW, I know what you mean, and its probably a lot less uncommon than it once was, but am still getting my head around the idea of a name that's not MY first choice iyswim blush - I clearly have a massive sense of entitlement when it comes to naming DC grin

I understand how it could be difficult to name your child something you don't love. I had started to get used to the idea of giving my son a traditional Persian name to please DP and his family but they all preferred the other name I had chosen anyway so that settled it. Luckily it is the one name in the entire world that DP and I both love grin I have no idea what we'll do if we ever have another boy.

Limpit80 Thu 27-Sep-12 09:41:36

Wow! You ladies sure can talk! smile Seems Ive missed a whole thread! I have been reading, but since going back to work, I just need to go to be soo early, so never get round to posting.

Congrats to Daisy - what a lovely name! We are still going back and forth with ideas at the moment, Ive gone off most of the short list, but thinking of Felix for a boy and maybe Cecily for a girl.

Madame - I know exactly what you mean, I cant get used to the idea of not using my first choices, but OH just doesnt like them.

WRT sleeping, we have bought a baby bay from ebay (just remembered I still need to get a matress for it!). Planning to have the baby in with us til he/she outgrows it, and we get round to buying a proper cot! What were people's views on using the pushchair carry cots for naps? My friend has a crib to give us, so we could use that instead, but I dont want to be overloaded with sleeping apparatus if I dont need it!

I only have 11 days left at work, but have been off sick today and yesterday, as I have a terrible cold. I feel so guilty, as I never take time off work, but I just cant function!

StuntNun Thu 27-Sep-12 09:46:57

Madam I love Thomas Sebastian - it's so classy. Not so sure about Rufus James but once they're named you usually couldn't imagine them having any other name. The exception being my cousin Nick-short-for-Raymond because his dad changed his mind after he'd registered the birth! Seriously, how many people do you know who don't suit their name? With so many people choosing what would once have been considered 'weird' names for their kids, there is a gradual change going on in society where eventually noone will blink an eyelid if you tell people your name is Angel or Trilby or Zebedee!

YW I think there's a difference between the day to day struggles if new parents with nappies and feeding and changing your clothes twice a day because baby projectile vomited on you, and the overarching relationship with each child. We all moan about our OHs on here but I guess we really love them despite the snoring/untidiness/irritating parents or we wouldn't stick with them for long. Your love for your child is much stronger than that again. I heard a good quote once, 'I would die for my husband but I would kill for my children', that about sums up the depth of feeling.

MissMummy1 Thu 27-Sep-12 09:56:08

Lovely name Daisy. Glad he's doing well and hope your bp stabilises soon.

YW people are so keen to fill our heads full of horror stories and negatives and tell us 'how hard it will be' or 'enjoy your social life while you still have one'. It angers me so much that people just want to sap any amount of joy from the whole experience that I've started saying to certain people 'If you've got nothing positive to say, say nothing'.

DH ended up staying with his sis and BIL last night. I'm not impressed that he put them out because he was an idiot and drank too much wine and missed his last train. They apparently found his drunken banter quite amusing....

I woke up with the worst heartburn i've ever had in the middle of the night. So much so I felt really sick. Discovering at 2am you have used your last rennies tablet is no fun - I was all set to drive to a 24hr tesco it was so bad!!

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 09:59:19

My hubbies got man flu! I walked in last night after 3 and a half hours of driving round to different clubs, gymnastics etc. and in 5 minutes he told me 3 TIMES that he had a cold (he was sniffling in the shower)! Grrrrrrr envy so I flushed the toilet and put the hot tap on full grin. At 1am I got up to the toilet, I could hear foil being broken, he was taking a paracetamol because he had a sore throat (he had been breathing through his mouth all night) and then used MY WATER to rinse it down with, so I then had a glass full of lurgie germs. Then for the rest of the night all I've heard is 'oh god', 'oh god'! I'll oh god him if he starts that again tonight, I might just tip something down his throat while his gob is open (thinking expandable foam).

ShellyBobbs Thu 27-Sep-12 10:00:16

Daisy Thanks for the update. Hope all goes well today with your beautiful little man and the breast milk and hope your blood pressure comes straight down.

This thread is not accepting new messages.