Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2013 VI: cooking, crocheting and chit-chat

(959 Posts)
theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 18:00:54
mandasand Tue 25-Sep-12 18:16:15

helloooooo ... is anybody here? just marking my spot! thanks tramp!

sundaesundae Tue 25-Sep-12 18:16:35

Tramp, I like both, but bit pricey, but lovely, would you not be bothered if they ended up a bit stretched?

Jojo, thinking of you! Glad you will get to find out sex.

MrsR come back!!!

Zoey, well done for surviving, I was thinking of you today.

Driven from my Bedford office to Beamish, desperate for a Burger King so stopped at Whetherby and they had a powercut grin(

Now knackered and ready for bed, but have to eat some dinner! Driving to Taunton tomorrow evening, I am going to be exhausted by the weeknd! Went in to the office and everyone was really nice (I am on site or WFH usually) and I got the "are you sure it isn't twins??" question, dress I am wearing makes me look very bumpy, I think it would anyway as I am a chubber grin))

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 18:21:06

Meeee I am here smile

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 18:22:32

Helloooo!

Sundae - someone else just pointed out the empire line may not be bump friendly. I'm gonna have a mull as I do love the Somerset dress but the Mint Velvet one is, I think, a must.

I'm already in bed and am trying to decide what to have for tea. God help me but I think it'll be beans on toast. I'm pants.

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 18:25:56

Zoey - hurrah for heartbeat!

JoJoBella84 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:30:38

Just marking my spot, thanks for your messages ladies. Tonight I have baked potatoes and the chilli con carne my OH made last night.
No food after midnight sad I don't know how I'll manage when I wake up with a growling stomach at 5am and can't even drink water!!
I can see tomorrow being a vom morning!! Ah well - it'll be over this time tomorrow!! I've packed a book and the mothercare catalogue!!

Can anyone recommend maternity range of coats?

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 18:33:07

I know it was so nice even if baby was playing hard to get- 2 more sleeps to find out of she is right with heartbeat prediction!!

We had Chinese for dinner it was much needed smile DH also bought mince pies and sweeties for later

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 18:34:04

Wotcha. Nice shiney new thread tramp, ta! Love the dresses. Empire line is a tricky one as it can stretch over bump without going 'in' under boobage (IYSWIM) and thus render the wearer a large ball. If there is a belt/tie under bust it looks fab though. I remember trinny/suzanna stating that empire should be avoided by bigger boobed birds due to 'monoboob', but they turned out to be utterly mad and rather annoying didnt they?

Anyway. Was only marking place on first page as I must get DS bathed & into pjs. Mum and I have cauli-cheese and Downton on I player tonight, tis a glamorous life we lead.

tramp am inspired by tales of shopping to go myself on fri. Toddler in tow. I need a coat through this winter but not spend a fortune on maternity one. Wish me luck...

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 18:34:42

X

HermioneBoo Tue 25-Sep-12 18:47:04

Hello! I have surfaced from the bathroom (got home from work yesterday and threw up four times in an hour!) and have had a day so far with no ms, plus it's my wedding anniversary today and DH took me to town and treated me. I have lots of goodies from Body Shop and Lush so I feel loads better now! DH has been amazing whilst I've been so poorly, ringing NHS Direct, driving me to drop in centre when he is terrified of driving, running me baths and distressing me, cuddling me when I burst in to tears at Monsters Inc, he's amazing.

Food wise - Have found that eating very little five-six times a day is the way forward. I feel like a hobbit having so many little meals but I feel a lot better for it. That and not stressing at all, Monday I was literally running between call outs and I was very ill as soon as I got home and relaxed. Not eating normal portions is going to take some getting used to, I've had a tiny baked potato with butter and grated cheese and a chocolate milk carton and I feel rubbish, that wouldn't have kept me going for lunch before!

My 16 wk appt is next Monday and my 20 wk scan is 24th Oct and I def want to know!

Had a look at black tie suitable dresses today, found a gorgeous blue jersey dress with gold cardigan in Monsoon. Think that'll be the one I get but I'm saving up for it first, hope it doesn't disappear before I can buy it!
Oh and not sure if anyone has one but DH got me a Body Shop card (free on his US card) and you get loads of discounts and such, plus a free £5 voucher on your birthday. Thought it might be useful as my friend used their baby products on her daughter and she smelt amazing! Not that I go around smelling babies but you know what I mean!

HermioneBoo Tue 25-Sep-12 18:48:51

*NUS card not US card, he doesn't use a green card to get him discounts!

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 18:56:59

We are 20 week scan buddies hermione mine is 9.30 in morning smile

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 19:01:05

Hermione - ASOS had some good party dresses, have you had a peak? I also saw loads of gorgeous dresses in John Lewis - not the time in my life to buy them, but ah how lovely they were.

Tiddley - good luck with coat shopping. Have a peak at ideas on the maternity clothes thread.

lannyshrops Tue 25-Sep-12 19:01:14

Hey all! Just a quickly to mark my place xxx oh an some advice please... I have been booked for the gd test later on in pg as my mum was diabetic, however this was due to a pancreatic injury in a car accident rather than anything else. I really don't think I need it, I run a diabetic ward so I do kind of know what I'm talking about, I check my blood sugars all the time as I teach students etc how to do it and they are always text book range. I reall really don't want to fast as I know it will make me ill. What does everyone think? Shall I say something or not?
(sorry not to reply to anyone else and just ask did advice but am so so tired thanks to killer day on work)

Sheldonella Tue 25-Sep-12 19:02:23

Evening. Bit of a busy day at home today despite having a cold. Car serviced and didn't need anything doing, furniture delivered and MIL fed. Also stopped off at my allotment and found four squashes there. Must pick them and try some of the recipes.

Im sure i have felt the baby lots today smile I sneezed quite violently this morning and felt a sudden flutter.

Lots of 20 week scans around th same time - mine is 23rd.

tramp the dresses are nice, the mint velvet looks more bump compatible though. I've got some mint velvet leggings which seem quite bump friendly.

JoJo will be thinking of you tomorrow. I wouldn't like the fasting either so hopefully you are nice and full tonight. I've been sneezy too, thought it was because my house is too dusty! I think I will put it down to the pg though smile

Nice to hear from you tiddley. Boden chicken dress? I must have that!

Glad house move is coming along flowery. We started with very little when we last moved, just several bookcases. We got a lot of hand me downs and bought some awful things that we have slowly replaced. I dread to think how we would move again.

Glad today is over with zoey. Excited for your gender scan, not long now. Yay for heartbeat too, it's so lovely isn't it. Would love o hear mine again.

Yay for being 17 weeks manda

ThreeForTea Tue 25-Sep-12 19:10:56

Hi! New thread, lovely! Have been really busy with house and dd as she's been poorly, but getting there now.

Have finished work for the week already! Need some extra rest so haven't got too much planned for the next few days. This feels like a bit of a non post so better come back later when I have a longer attention span: think my brain is the only thing suffering pg symptoms at the moment if anyone knows the feeling!

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 19:11:15

'scuze random kisses grin

KFFOREVER Tue 25-Sep-12 19:12:28

I heard my baby's heartbeat today at my 16 wk appointment. Yay. Its so exciting.

Wow another thread.

Any of you having to use the same urine bottle thoughout your pregnancy? They wont give me a new one. Probs something to do with saving money.

On the menu tonight was salmon and philidelphia in a sandwich. Eating is a chore but this was yummy.

Sheldonella Tue 25-Sep-12 19:16:43

Happy anniversary hermione. Glad you are eating.

lanny my blood glucose was tested and I don't thnk I have to do the Gtt. My mum is borderline diabetic.

kfforver yes, my mw handed my urine sample back and told me to dispose of it at home and wash the bottle. Wasn't happy taking it back to my office!

OodHousekeeping Tue 25-Sep-12 19:19:59

No one gave me a urine sample bottle. They are liketrst tubes at the hospital now!

I'm a Halloween scanner too.

manda slightly better than yesterday but think crutches aren't far off. Work are getting occupational health to assess me as I'm struggling sitting at the computer, going up stairs to my office/on visits and am going to be limited dealing with volatile people/playing with children. So that's pretty much all my job!
Oh & driving, 40 min queue to drive through a puddle today didn't help!

TribbleTuckandDismount Tue 25-Sep-12 19:39:38

Hello,

I'm delurking a bit. I'm pregnant with dc2 due at the end of Feb but kind of think I'll end up with a March baby.

Can I join in? I'm a SAHM with one DS who will be two soon. Morning sickness and toddlers don't mix.

Oh if anyone is looking at cloth nappies, I'm using them with ds so could offer some tips for anyone using them. See I come with all kinds of useful skills.

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 19:55:42

Lanny - doesn't sound like you need it and you do sound like you know what you're talking about.

TTD - hello there and yes please come join the March gang. Also, yes please on nappy thoughts. I'm "researching" at the mo and thinking reusable bamboo may be way to go but experience of actual Mums would be v helpful.

3 - get some rest my dear sounds like you need it. And that goes for you too Sheld and you Ood.

OodHousekeeping Tue 25-Sep-12 20:07:16

Yay tribble smile that's three of us from October 10 here!

TribbleTuckandDismount Tue 25-Sep-12 20:08:13

Oooo Ood who else is here? <clueless>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now