Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due in mid May 2013 ....

(8 Posts)
Gemlove Sat 22-Sep-12 09:55:31

Hi all, glad to have found this group... I have recently found out I'm pregnant, yay!! And am due in mid May.

I am wondering if anyone else's husband or partner is as freaked out as mine is ... Mainly about my figure !! He is very worried about me getting fat and is already making comments about what I eat and even last night mentioned I had a double chin!!! He is already talking about after the baby how ill need to hit the gym immediately!

So... This is very new for him... He has never been saying these things. It is really hurting my feelings and also making me really anxious. I don't know what to do... Is this just because he is anxious in general about the oregnancy? I feel like every time he is trying to make a point that I am fat and better sort it out.

anyone else's hubby ever behaved like this ? What did you do? I haven't found a thread on it yet...

X

BadBuddha Sat 22-Sep-12 14:06:22

Hi Gemlove - There are quite a few of us due in May - come and join this thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1547849-anyone-due-in-May-2013?msgid=34189324 and say hi smile

MissMedusa Sun 23-Sep-12 08:01:01

My DH wouldn't dare!

I don't think it's ok at all for him to make those kind of comments but you need to tell him that. Maybe he thinks he's being funny or helpful so tell him how you feel and that it's unacceptable for him to make those kind of comments. You will gain weight and you will deal with it in the manner you see fit. You are carrying his child and he's going to have to accept that there will be some changes.

Gatecrashing from jan 2013 - your husband sounds like an arsehole, and I would NOT be standing for that at all. Start pointing out his incredibly small penis. How incredibly shallow of him. My husband is worrying I'm not putting enough on.

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sun 23-Sep-12 11:22:06

Gemlove, your OH needs a perspective shift.

Gemlove Sun 23-Sep-12 21:26:32

Hi all of you, thank you so much for supportive words... Yes he needs a perspective change.... Need to figure out how to give it to him!

Also need to try not to be sensitive I guess as well.

sw21 Thu 27-Sep-12 16:37:27

My husband is definitely not a horrible man but he began to ask about weight in the first couple of weeks of finding out we were having a baby. I think its hard for guys and they are not quite sure how its going to effect them and us and everything. My husband has since stopped but it didn't help when my granny said she put on 5 stone in pregnancy! Also our midwife did comment on not putting on too much weight in pregnancy when we first met her- I say enjoy your pregnancy and ignore him as he'll soon stop when he sees the baby is getting bigger in your tummy! Good luck.

wilderumpus Thu 27-Sep-12 19:56:11

aw gem! that is so sad! you will put on weight and you might even get fat, but you are growing a PERSON from SCRATCH! This takes energy! And your body will try to hang onto fat stores on your thighs and bum for breastfeeding and growing the baby in the final weeks. it will happen more likely than not. And in the first 12 weeks your blood sugar level will completely crash out of nowhere, every day, and you will need sugar so don't feel guilty if all of a sudden you need haribo in your life all day wink

worry about weight afterwards. breastfeed, do a triathlon, all will be well smile

see you on the May thread smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now