Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013- part 3 scan scan scan

(998 Posts)
trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 12:16:29

Started a new thread for all us April ladies.

kellestar Mon 22-Oct-12 12:05:52

those of you with bleeding, I hope all is well, a friend had this off and on through her pregnancy and has a lovely little girl. Sometimes it just does happen but it scares the sh*t out of you.

I woke up in the middles of the night with an evil pain in my groin, left side. It kind of felt like cramp. DH wouldn't wake up, so went and called the NHS line who said if it continues go to A&E. But 15 minutes later it stopped, it still has a little ache now and then, like ovulation pain, tis very odd.

I also have a dream genii pillow, but i hate the bit that goes underneath to support your back, so have modified mine [removed that bit] so it's now just a long sausage pillow [which would have been much cheaper]. Have got it out and freshened it up, but haven't yet used it yet.

Fainting is just embarrasing, DH just doesn't get why I can't do the full shop any more. I keep fainting towards the end of the shop. I take snacks, but DD is whingeing and there is no where to sit to take a break so have to get on and try to finish. Usually I'm within sight of the tills and I just get that fuzzy feeling and BAM! I hurt my pinky last time and it was really sore.

We have crap maternity clothes supplies in our area too. MC and M&P are in Bristol [near Ikea] and are a good hour and a half away and I get miffed when I get there and they have sizes 10-14 only and nothing much bigger. Bath has just had a redevelopment of an old shopping centre which is much nicer. Not only do New Look stock the maternity range [albeit small selection] but H&M do too [upstairs in the new one] and it's got a good range. Yet the main [bigger] branches in Bristol do not stock maternity ranges.

Debenhams are brilliant for Bras. I went up from 34F to 34H in my first pregnancy, nursing bras were 34J . After BF settled to a 36GG, now up to 38H expecting them to get bigger by delivery. Just worry that as J is the biggest cupsize in the UK I may be squished into a poor fitting bra. Also try on a good range of bra's as even between brands the sizes vary quite a bit. I had a lovely Elomi Softwire bra [like underwire but very gentle on nursing boobies] hope I can get another one.

Watching Balamory while eating lunch with DD, foggy and miserable outside. Even the chickens don't want to leave their house. Ack that was more epic than I planned. 14+3.

PandaWatch Mon 22-Oct-12 12:07:43

wishful I'm absolutely shattered all the time too! I'm 13 + 5 and had about ten days of feeling better before the tiredness coming back with a vengence last week! Where is this second trimester energy burst I have heard so much about?!

chocoloco12 Mon 22-Oct-12 12:39:50

kellestar thanks for your reassurance with the bleeding. I get little aches alsmost like a little period pain then it goes, maybe its just bubbas growing and stretching us out!

And also never thought to check out bras in debanhams, dont know why! Used braviassmo a few times and a little boutiquey shop near me but cost a fortune! Mine went from 34E to 34H with DD1 and have remained that way!! Eeek I wonder if they get much bigger! As for maternity clothes, I got 2 lovely comfy pairs of jeans and some linen trousers from next, they fitted really well and think they go up to an 18.

Am also watching a bit of cbeebies, rubbish day!!

As for shopping, could you do it in little bursts, perhaps once a week just for essentials?

annajw23 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:17:59

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site but its so good to hear so many stories I can relate to.

Firstly I am due 25 April. We had our scan last week so I'm now 13 weeks and 4 days. Have had three scans so far, the first was because I had a little bleeding at 8 weeks...it really scared me but everything was ok and little baby is doing fine. I've had a little bit of light of bleeding brown discharge very now and then but the midwife and gp said this is nothing to worry about.

As for feeling exhausted...wow the tiredness is hard especially at work in the afternoons. I work in an office with 3 men but as nice as they are...men don't get it! Hubby has been amazing though and very supportive.

It's all part of the journey I guess.

Anna

annajw23 Mon 22-Oct-12 13:21:02

P.s have been looking at maternity clothes...eBay do some good maternity bundles smile

FlaminNoraImPregnantPanda Mon 22-Oct-12 13:29:21

I don't think I'm going to bother with maternity clothes. I've lost a lot of weight recently (1.5 stone) so most of my clothes are hanging off me anyway. Added to that I have AS and sensory issues so everything is soft, stretchy and elasticated. I'm wearing regular clothes today and could easily fit another person in them if I tried. grin

bext Mon 22-Oct-12 13:47:16

Hello everyone,
Just joining this thread - i'm 13 weeks tomorrow and have my scan tomorrow as well. Had one at 10w as I was paranoid (IVF baby), and all was well then, and I have felt like absolute crap since then, so I'm hoping that's a good sign smile

So boobs seem to be a common topic on here. I can tell by how my bras are fitting now that i've gone up a cup size already (I'm normally 34E). I was going to wait a while to go and get re-fitted as I don't want to buy a bigger size only to quickly grow out of that too.

What's the concensus? Will these puppies keep on growing and I just have to accept I'll buy multiple bras or is there a stage that where they will slow down and I should buy then?

Thanks

Mama1980 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:29:32

Hi bext smile glad to have you join us- good luck with your scan tomorrow and yep in my first pg my boobs just grew and grew think I ended up buying about 15 bras blush and then breast fed for 3 years so got about another 10 there of various sizes.
Chocoloco and other s with bleeding just to say I also had on and off unexplained bleeding with ds 1 he was fine (prem delivery caused by car crash not bleeding!) I hope it stops though the worry is awful.
Everything is Much the same here, still freezing but had a listen into the heartbeat this morning which is strong. Unfortunately no improvement in anything else. I feel like everything is going in slow motion and I'm just inching forward, 24 weeks seems a lifetime away. As soon as I get there they'l give steroids to help babys lungs and from day to day judge whether or not to deliver. The dr talked me through all this this morning very scary but I do feel they are preparing now for the baby to have A chance now which they weren't a couple of weeks ago. Thanks again for all the support, to those who've pm'd me I can see the number of messages but can't click or reply on the iPad so I'm not ignoring you and will reply as soon as I can have my laptop.
Have a scan Friday so long as I don't have anymore clots (sorry if tmi) and am hoping they'll have a go at finding out the sex for me.
17+2 they think!

aufaniae Mon 22-Oct-12 14:54:40

Welcome anna and bext! grin

Add yourselves to our stats thread here

I think we're at 95 now!

Mama hearing a strong heartbeat must be really encouraging. I'm not surprised time must be going slow, stuck in hospital. Do you have the strength and energy to do much to keep you occupied? (I'm guessing you're in bed most of the time?)

photochick Mon 22-Oct-12 14:58:05

Hi Anna congrats - I'm due the day after you on the 26th April grin.
Midwife came to see us on Saturday. She was lovely and we had a good chat for over an hour. She even managed to find the baby's heart beat for us which was amazing! The 'bump' has definitely risen up a bit hence she was able to find it. We were able to record it and play to my FIL who sadly will never meet his first grandchild.
I am definitely going to have to bite the bullet and go and get some new bras this week - they have grown again - which I hate doing at the best of times!
13+3

Mama1980 Mon 22-Oct-12 16:29:53

Aufaniae - I'm pretty much not able to move I'm not supposed to get up and I pretty much have no sensation in my right leg/hip now anyway it just kinda hangs there -according to my dd i look even more ridiculous than usual grin I am just lying here reading And sleeping a lot tbh.
Wondering if anyone knows if there's any truth in that I should be lying on my left side? 2 nurses have told me two different things.

SneezySnatcher Mon 22-Oct-12 17:11:06

Hello all. Absolutely shattered here today! Whoever thought an eight-week half-term was acceptable needs shooting! Four days to go until the hols!

I'm definitely starting to show now. A few very brave people have asked me if I'm expecting! I don't think I showed until 24 weeks last time so it seems my muscles have given up this time! I strangely seem to have lost weight elsewhere though, despite being starving and eating all the time!

Fingers crossed for those experiencing bleeding and also for you, mama.

16+2 (or 16+4 according to MW).

EmpressMatilda Mon 22-Oct-12 18:53:49

Heard baby's heartbeat this morning at MW appointment. Was so exciting and reassuring.

So, so tired today. Never known anything like it. Legs achey too.

Hoping yoga class tonight will sort it out.

16+3

steph2412 Mon 22-Oct-12 19:10:04

hi all, hope everyone is well. Just a question for everyone who has already hadthe 16 week midwifeapp did the midwife routinely look for the heartbeat or did you haveto ask. Got some maternity jeans on saturday and dh also got me some nice new make up to cheer me up a bit. My ds birthday tomorrow so will haveanother busy day still feeling completly shattered! 14+6 today

caliope Mon 22-Oct-12 19:16:43

Hi all,

May I join in too? I've been lurking for a while so feel a bit guilty and just only now have the confidence to join in. It's great to hear other peoples experiences and to know I'm not alone with the weird little things that are happening to my body! Namely being hungry all the time! and waking up in the early hours of the morning and not being able to get back to sleep again. Grrrrr!

I had my 12 week scan almost 2 weeks ago now. Baby looks good and got some great results from my CST considering I'm 32 so just starting to believe that I will have a baby next spring! Only slightly confusing thing is that by my dates I'm 14+4 but the sonographer thought I was 15+4 which I'm sure is impossible and would put the first day of my last period before it actually was! So I'm either due on April 11th or 18th - hopefully I'll get a clearer picture at my 20 week scan!

At the moment I'm desperately trying not to look pregnant as there is some 'restructuring' at work am I'm trying to keep my job and am sure being pregnant would cloud the issue. Hoping I can keep looking 'a bit fat' while it all gets sorted out!

Best wishes to everyone xxx

Welcome to all the newbies.

Saw the consultant today and she as really reassuring, said I don't need to see her again unless I have any pains or adhesions. I also got the go ahead for the pool when I am in labour if it's free, it she vetoed the home birth incase I need an emcs. I don't have to see her again now so this willbe my first pg with no consultant led care!!

I have the last of my 4 hospital appointments tomorrow when I see my oncologist for my 6 month follow up. It has cost a fortune in parking at the hospital over the last week!!

DS is still spotty, and they seem to be scabbing ove rather than blistering and crusting. I am hoping that he can go back to school on Friday as they have their first parents assembly, Thursday would be even better as DD will be at the cm so I could clear the spare room and pack for our weekend away next ŵeekend.

Need to send DH into the attic to find my maternity clothes although I did get a a bargain pair of next XLjeans on eBay at the start of the week.

JoRich77 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:30:16

Hi everyone, I am first time peg 13 weeks tomorrow and due on 30th April. Had Nuchal Scan end of last week and feel like I can relax a little as low risk for Downs. Read too much and was panicking as 35 yrs old but all OK. Just want to tell people now but only so far told parents and one close friend as Hubbie is away for next few weeks and we want to tell people together.

Not showing yet and going to kept it hidden as long as poss for work as some changes going on there. Been purchasing some maternity clothes on ebay in preparation- got one of the bump band things which I am going to use to extend normal clothes as long as poss.

Feeling not too bad but find I have good days and bad days, some when I feel really tired and no energy and some when I almost dont feel pregnant. Last week or so been getting achy round pelvic bones- anyone now if this is normal and just things stretching?

Have big boobs prep preg (32F) and stangely they dont seem to have grown much yet..

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Oct-12 21:13:24

Hi all, after a 12 hour shift I can barely keep up!

I'm definitely going to invest in a pillow, it looks amazing! smile

Clothes wise I inherited all my sister's stuff and she had some from her sister in law (all a similar size!) so I don't need much. Bras wise I found one nice one in Asda (not much without wires) but fitting wise I first went to Debenhams. I've gone up 2 cup sizes from a D to E! So much comfier in them though smile

Mama hang in there. Have you thought about doing cross stitch or something? I've just started and I find it very therapeutic.

We're back in tomorrow to hopefully! get the dating scan and nuchal test done if the monkey is lying down now!

?13+3

SneezySnatcher Mon 22-Oct-12 21:25:37

Steph My MW listened to it without my asking. She's pretty 'old school' though so I suspect that, even if they've stopped doing it routinely, she'd still have done it!

I had heard they've stopped doing it at 16 weeks as its not always possible to find and it can cause some anxiety.

EssexWelsh Mon 22-Oct-12 21:44:59

Can someone clever start a new thread, only 5 left...eek x

toobreathless Mon 22-Oct-12 22:14:22

Started new thread!

aufaniae Mon 22-Oct-12 22:20:44

Welcome JoRich and calliope! grin

Thanks for the new thread toobreathless see you all over there! smile

aufaniae Mon 22-Oct-12 22:22:24

Did that work? I'll try again! New thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now