Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013- part 3 scan scan scan

(998 Posts)
trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 12:16:29

Started a new thread for all us April ladies.

Pontouf Sat 22-Sep-12 08:14:17

NotShort, you poor thing! I hope you had an ok night and get to the bottom of it today.

Welcome to Ollibobs.

Had my scan yesterday, was so amazing to see this tiny baby just kicking away. So weird to see it moving so much when I can't feel anything! DH very nearly missed it though! We had a horrendous night with DS (22mo) on Thursday night, he was up and very distressed for no obvious reason. Think he must have had a bad dream that really upset him and then he got so worked up that he was sick all over his cot (and all his bedding, teddies etc). We just couldn't console him for long and in the end DH ended up taking him downstairs and they both fell asleep in front of a DVD at around 4.30am. I had to leave for work at 7.30 and my scan was at 9.40 at the hospital where I work. The plan was for my Mum to drop DH off at the hospital for the scan (I had our car) bringing DS in the car with her. However DS finally went to sleep in his own bed at 9am so DH walked to the hospital but underestimated how long it would take and missed the first five minutes of the scan! I was almost in tears thinking he was goin to miss it and would be so upset, but the scan lady was a bit stern and scary and wouldn't wait.

Apparently when DH arrived at the scan clinic the receptionist wasn't sure which room I was in so DH had to knock and interrupt two other women's scans before he found me! Anyway everything looks great, got a blurry little photo. Baby looks like a little furry butterbean! They've moved my EDD back though so now due on the 6th instead of the 2nd so just 12 weeks today. Feeling able to start getting excited now. Can't wait to have a tiny baby again!

12+0

edinfirst Sat 22-Sep-12 08:19:46

Lol bunny I went to the March thread to try to find the two friends I found out were pregnant but pretty sure they're not there. Once you're here it's hard to imagine that anyone isn't!

Hope we all have a lovely, MS/tiredness/constipation/backache/shivering/ worry/[fill in symptom I've missed here]-free weekend

EssexWelsh Sat 22-Sep-12 08:50:31

Sending you good thoughts notshort, hope you have a better day today.

Missmuffet28 Sat 22-Sep-12 09:24:30

pontouf lovely news on your scan and glad hubby made it!!
Mine is desperate to come to my scan but he has to get the ok from work first it's not until the 11th oct but it is first thing in morning so I haven't got to wait around all day hehe

notshort hope you feel better soon it must be really crappy to have symptoms ontop of symptoms especially in that area I don't think I could cope with that but at least they have checked on your baba (and you got to see it again smile )

I don't know anyone else pregnant except my cousin but she's due in January so I know she isn't here, I'd be interested to see if anyone puts my local hospital up on the stats list tho !! I'm not on it yet just want to get scan out the way first!

SneezySnatcher Sat 22-Sep-12 10:08:30

Marking place so I can catch up!

Giddypants Sat 22-Sep-12 10:36:46

I have my scan this afternoon eeekkk!
Then the NHS one on Wednesday, which DH is unlikely to get to sad so will just go on my own, mum will has to look after DS and scans and things freak her out for some reason.

Hope you feel better soon notshort

Hi all marking my place on the new thread! I've been feing v sorry for myself this week as had norovirus on wed and I think I've recovered from that but it's sent my MS onto a whole new level and I can't do anything I feel so nauseous sad really hoping it'll pass soon as this is horrible. 12 week scan next week, really hope bean's ok and wasn't scared off by thr violent puking this week...

I don't think we'll be finding out the flavour - we didn't last time and it was amazing having the surprise when DD was born.

alwayshopeful13 Sat 22-Sep-12 12:42:22

Hello all, goodness this new thread is already superbusy! Took me a while to track it down and I wondered if we'd gone quiet - should have known better.

Welcome to new ladies and congrats on the all the exciting scans.

We've said we won't find out the gender - I love the idea that it's one of the few things nowadays that can remain a mystery, and I have such lovely memories from when I was a child of my mum going into hospital to have my two younger siblings and the anticipation and then excitement when it was announced what they were (both girls). DH agrees but he reckons in reality because (his words) I'm such a control freak I won't be able to resist finding out. Just makes me more determined to prove him wrong.

On names we have lots of ideas - more consensus on boys names (William, James, Thomas - all quite traditional) than on girls (I love Lauren and Imogen - DH less convinced).

On a separate note - has anyone been offered/advised to have flu jabs yet? When I was pg past time (then mc-ed) it was October when I found out and first thing GP did was stick the jab in my arm. But hasn't been mentioned this time, either by GP or mw at booking appointment last week. Maybe I should just ask....

10+1

Just a quick update to let you know I'm waiting to go to theatre to have my appendix removed. Thank you for all the lovely messages.

I'm quite worried about having the general though. Surgeon was very vague about the risks. He said there's "a few percent chance of a MC" but couldn't really tell me how much of a risk. Or just didn't want to angry sad So I'm panicking a bit at the moment.

Have my fingers crossed that gummy bear will be ok and no adverse effects.

aufaniae Sat 22-Sep-12 13:42:03

NotShortImfunSized Got fingers crosses for you today, hope all goes well smile

angeltattoo Sat 22-Sep-12 13:44:50

notshort very best of luck, they'll be extra careful i'm sure, will be thinking if you and wishing you a speedy recovery!

JaquelineHyde Sat 22-Sep-12 13:48:08

NotShort everything is crossed for you, I'm sure that everything will be fine and go smoothly.

Hello everyone, sorry I have been missing for a good few days but I've started back at Uni and the work load is just minumental 4 different modules a week, full days in the classroom so no study time factored in and different things need to be done each week for each module confused

Also our moving day has been put back by 2 weeks so I am sat in a packed up house and nowhere to go! Now moving the weekend of the 6th

Then spent all yesterday evening sat at the hospital until far too late with a friend who's child had had an accident.

Names we have short listed are; Jemima, Harriet, Matilda, Camilla and a few others. Boys - Oscar, Louie, Hugo, Rupert and Benjamin. All very taditional, but that's how I love them grin

10+1 (Hurrah into double figures)

JessieEssex Sat 22-Sep-12 14:18:45

Lots of people liking Imogen for girls - have to say I approve as that's DD's name!
Thinking of you notshort hope all goes well.

aufaniae Sat 22-Sep-12 14:40:43

Yay Jaqueline and alwayshopeful, a quarter of the way there already!

aufaniae Sat 22-Sep-12 14:41:11

(and everyone else at 10 weeks too!)

magictorch Sat 22-Sep-12 15:01:52

Fingers and toes and legs and arms and everything crossed for you notshort

always I'm having the flu jab on Monday. It's a drop in clinic so will take lots of reading materials as I expect there'll be a bit of a wait.

Off to view a house in a bit. Nesting instinct has kicked in early!!!

EssexWelsh Sat 22-Sep-12 15:38:35

notshort best of luck, they will look after you I'm sure! Will be thinking of you

Teapig Sat 22-Sep-12 16:56:47

I have everything crossed for you notshort. I'm sure it will be fine, hope you're home very soon.

Congratulations on your scan Pontouf, that's fantastic news.

LikeCandy Sat 22-Sep-12 16:59:21

Fingers crossed for you notshort - here's hoping you have a speedy recovery!

Giddypants Sat 22-Sep-12 18:03:25

Hope your ok notshort

Had our scan this afternoon, had to empty my bladder 3 times! Took her tome taking all the measurements, my NT is1.5 which she said was good, but waiting for blood results we have a very wiggly baby! They wouldn't stay still long enough! One minute on their back, next on tummy left then right! She said that this is also a good sign

Missmuffet28 Sat 22-Sep-12 18:08:30

Yay on your scan giddy smile

steph2412 Sat 22-Sep-12 19:58:45

Hope your ok notshort so much good news regarding scans cant wait until mine!counting down the days x

Roxoroxy Sat 22-Sep-12 20:14:50

My scan is next Friday and I really can't wait. I want to see with my own eyes that there actually is a baby in there and that it actually has a head, arms, legs and a heart beat.

Other than that, 'hello again' to everyone. I posted in the first thread but I've been out of the loop (and occasionally lurking) since. That's mainly because I've felt so exhausted I simply haven't had the energy even to log and and check my emails when I get home. This morning I woke up and decided that what I most wanted to do with the morning was sleep. Then I got up, had lunch, and decided that I wanted to sleep for the afternoon too...

11+6

Thinking of you notshort

Morning ladies!

Op went ok. Very, very sore now and can't really have much in way of pain relief. Being kept topped up with paracetamol!

They said the docs will be around to see me this morning and I should be able to go home but Im not so keen on that idea. It hurts a lot still and my little ones are going to want to jump all over me confused

I'm going to beg for another scan. I've been awake worrying all night whether baby is ok or not. I just want them to do a 2 second check for heartbeat on screen. Do you think that's totally paranoid and I shouldn't bother?? I just don't see how they can have given me all those drugs to knock me out without it affecting someone soooooo teeny!

Sorry for rambling. Thanks again for the thoughts and messages x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now