Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013- part 3 scan scan scan

(998 Posts)
trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 12:16:29

Started a new thread for all us April ladies.

ratbagcatbag Fri 21-Sep-12 12:23:08

Hello, shiny new thread it feels like only about 10 mins ages since I was on the last one smile

With names if DH didn't get a say, a boy would be Chase, but I have worn hm down over the years for him to concede it as a middle name, I love pretty girls names, but we can't really agree, although as I said Lucy seems to be front runner for us.

A few more of us will be going for the suprise then, yey, not just me on my own waiting for the outcome.

I did frighten myself this morning and venture onto some labour info, OMG, I wish I hadn't, I don't have a pain threshold at all, not even a tiny tiny one, I scream or proper cry at everything and I will never ever ever ever get through labour - eeeeeek!!

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 12:26:48

yay ratbag you found me! Hopefully the others will be along shortly, I completely hadn't realised I was going to be the last to post.

You can and you will get through labour and remember there's lots of different pain relief options.

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 12:33:58

BTW here is where I found the 1 in 8 for women 40-44 for downs screening (http://www.wolfson.qmul.ac.uk/epm/screening/integrated.html), it is actually the probability of a screen positive result, anyone medical out there that can translate this into risk for me as I assume it isn't the same thing as all their numbers seem very high?

somewherebecomingrain Fri 21-Sep-12 12:41:58

hi trying that must be the likelihood of needing to have a further test eg amnio or cvs. but the chance of actually having a downs baby is much lower. I get it now.

I had my scan today - baby looked good and normal apparently. Nuchal was 1mm - not bad for an old lady mum like me. Can't ask for much better. It was relatively early 11+1 so would likely go up to 1.2 or 1.3 between 11 and 14 weeks.

Am pleased, but have to wait 2 weeks for the bloods so going to go for a private scan next thurs - i just can't wait any more.

re gender i want to know. i really want a girl. but my DP doesn't want to know. never mind we've got 9 weeks to decide.

xxx

Missmuffet28 Fri 21-Sep-12 12:43:21

Oh my ladies it's only been a few days since I last caught up on the thread an there's a new one already!! It's taken over an hour to read from where I left off I had to have a little nap in between also shhh....

Yay to all those that have had great scans and hugs to those that are feeling poo at the moment!!

Anyone else have their scan around 11th oct?? I neeeeed a countdown buddy too!! This can't come quick enough! Everyone I talk to I appear un-excited and quite laid back about this whole pregnancy thing but really I'm absolutely bursting inside with excitement!!! I guess I just want to have the good news before I start showing my delight publicly???

I tried travel sick bands for a couple of days they did nothing for me except make me hot cos I had to wear a jumper to hide them!

Last couple of days I have craved chicken tikka slice from the microwave and orange lucozade sport (welcome relief to water to be honest) lol but its varying all of the time! Anyone else get this? Or are you sticking to same craving?

Pink or blue??? Have had convo with dp he say he would like a girl as that's all he knows he already has one I'm not bothered really I have a boy already so would like a girl but on the other hand would like a boy just for dp so that he has one?? Is that mad? My mum desperately wants a grand daughter tho lol!!!

Ooh names well haven't had that convo with dp but I have had it with myself hehe!! For girls I like Imogen, molly, ruby, amber and Brooke and boys I like Oscar, max and Toby at the moment Oscar being my fave but as I haven't spoken to dp I guess I better not get ahead of myself
look forward to hearing about more scans its uplifting to read about them!

birdbrain17 Fri 21-Sep-12 12:49:53

Hiya just checking in to our new thread we need to keep it active so everyone can find us...
Can't believe people are talking about names with DH already I'm still trying to persuade mine that this is a real situation and we're going to have a baby! I also told him off because he said how can he love it before it's born?! Was trying to explain to him that just because it's a wriggling blob on a screen at the moment we can't love it...Anyone else already totally loving their little one?I keep on rubbing my little bump like it knows I love it, so excited I'm much happier now I had a scan this week no tears all week and it's Friday!!!!
11+5

ratbagcatbag Fri 21-Sep-12 13:00:11

In fairness birdbrain, I've been hypothetically discussing names with my DH for ten years, when even for six of them I never wanted kids lol, so we may have had a head start smile

aufaniae Fri 21-Sep-12 13:07:27

I asked DS (3.8) what he'd like best if we made him a brother or a sister (haven't actually told him I'm pregnant yet) and he said he'd like a little sister and a big brother!

Not sure he's quite understood how this all works yet ... grin

JessieEssex Fri 21-Sep-12 13:08:51

Just checking in! Whoever mentioned being cold, I'm freezing! I was shivering in front of the telly last night with the heating on full blast and wearing a big jumper. Then woke up in the night because I was too hot...?!

Re pink or blue, I don't think we're going to find out - we didn't for DD, but we might be persuaded otherwise at the last minute! I really want another girl, but I think that it's only because that's I'm used to iyswim. I know I would love a little boy just as much! We have a couple of names that we really like but have a while to think of more yet!

12+5

Is anyone suffering with back pain yet? Off and on For the last couple of weeks I've been getting aching pains in my lower back, hips and bum!! I'm hoping its all fairly normal, and just every thing moving around in there, but wondered if anyone else had the same?

Oops, 12+0

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 13:38:16

aufaniae bless your DS, does he understand that he will be the big brother?

Congrats on the scan and low NT somewhere and thanks for the clarification on the downs stats. Hope the tests go well for you next week. I have my scan at antenatal on Tues so should be able to get the NT result there and then hopefully.

Tricky about wanting to know the sex if DP not on board. I think I would have found out last time but DH didn't want to and I wouldn't feel right finding out with the 2nd when we didn't with the 1st. You could always ask your dentist LOL hmm.

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 13:39:14

Congrats on reaching the magical 12 weeks today IFAt we cross posted.

Aww thanks trying2bepos, I sent a text to my Mum and best friend this morning (2 of the very few people who know) announcing that I was officially 12 weeks today. Feels like I'm getting birthday greetings or something, with all the congrats smile

Can't wait for scan date!!

Ollibobs Fri 21-Sep-12 15:01:32

Hi everybody,
I've been reading/lurking for a few weeks now and thought I should say hi. <waves shyly>
May I join in?
I'm 9+2 with DC1 after having IVF.
Despite having a few scans already due to the treatment, am still a bundle of nerves until I hit the 12-week mark.
Feeling a fun combination of nausea, exhaustion and constant hunger, but I'm so grateful to be actually pregnant (the infertility/IVF roller coaster was intense), that when I feel normal I start to worry. Sod's Law, I guess.
I must admit though, I'm finding it reassuring reading everyone's posts.

MrsJohnDeere Fri 21-Sep-12 15:03:17

Ifat - congrats n teaching the magical 12 week milestone. Feels like an eternity away for me yet!

Saw GP this morning so am now officially pg. BP too high already, which is a bit of a worry (it is absolutely fine when I'm not pg).

usernamegoeshere Fri 21-Sep-12 15:14:40

welcome ollibobs

Ifat my lower back aches a bit if I am standing still for too long & I am only 10 weeks, but it started aching from before I even knew. Mind you, I get achey lower back each month when due on period too so I guess I am quite prone.

10+3

kellestar Fri 21-Sep-12 15:17:32

New scan date arrived this morning for 7pm on the 7th October. Which sounds like ages away, but it's not really. We won't be finding out what sex we are having. Didn't with DD. I have found my list of names from when I had DD, plenty of ideas for girls but boy's names are still hard. We'd only agreed on a girl name once she arrived. I like old fashioned names like Doris [my great gran], Edith and Florence.

MS has been awful today, I've been puking since I got up and haven't stopped all day, I've also developed an evil cough, which isn't helping as the coughing is leading to puking.

MiL came over to help me out and DD has gone home with her, but not before she bent my ear. According to her I need to grow up, MS isn't that bad she's been through it 3 times. I'm not supporting my family by acting this way. DH has enough on his plate with work and I'm just making things worse. I'm also not being fair on DD, I should be playing with her more. I should also be doing the housework. She said this while I was hugging the toilet bowl retching into it. Seriously wanted to tell her to fuck the fuck off, but no-one else to have DD for me, I was puking at the time and I know she doesn't mean it. She has foot in mouth, where she always regrets what she says.

I called DH in tears, and he'll have words with her. A friend has just popped over to rant about her MiL to be and her impending wedding and didn't mind me running off for puking and ranting about MiL [who happens to be BF with her MiL].

Now watching Season 2 of ER with a blanket and hot bot. Sorry for epic post. Will try to read up on this new thread though, it got a but crazy at the end of the last one.

Teapig Fri 21-Sep-12 15:44:12

Welcome to the newbies.

Oh my gosh kellestar, you poor thing. I can't believe you MiL said all that, especially when you had your head down the loo. Take no notice and take it easy.

I'm totally dreading my work trip in a couple weeks. It's very fun travelling on my own and I'm feeling like a right old home body at the moment. It feels like this horrible blot on the horizon at the moment, can't wait to get it over with.

Just polished off a late late lunch of jacket potato, bacon and boursin - yum.

We won't find out which flavour we're having, & if we're anything like whe we had ds and dd we will name the baby in the delivery room. We only had a boys name for ds and a girls name for dd, and even then we weren't sure until I gave birth!!

Teapig Fri 21-Sep-12 15:46:45

Err, that should have been not very fun. Just made myself giggle at the idea that 'it's very fun travelling on my own' - I sound like someone out of Enid Blyton.

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 15:51:29

oh kelle you poor thing that sounds terrible. Thank god my MIL doesn't live closer as she has habit of saying wrong thing, like ooo were you like that as a child (about DS) because none of my 3 were! Obviously when he's creating a fuss or really just being a one year old!

I also think about myself some of the things your MIL said about you and I haven't even been sick just nauseous and completely exhausted! Just ignore her she's probably happy to have your DD to herself and feeling all superior because she thinks you NEED her! Sometimes it just takes wind out of their sails if you just agree and go oh yes yes I am a bit ...... aren't I! Glad your DH is supportive!

So have I got this straight your MIL is best friends with your friends MIL to be? Spooky!

Good ole George will make you feel better. Enjoy!

trying2bpos Fri 21-Sep-12 15:54:35

bacon and boursin teapig sounds yummy I've got an orange sitting on my desk to look forward to.

I wonder when my next graze box is coming!

LoobyLou33 Fri 21-Sep-12 15:59:47

Hello new thread...we're getting through these fast eh? Welcome olibobs, nice to hear you're pg after ivf

kelle can't believe your MIL! how dare she tell you that stuff? You've been so ill, it's not what you need. RUDE!

I'm always moaning about nausea..sorry!! Just finding it hard to keep on top of this week. Usually I eat and it gets a bit better, but at the mo, I feel rough even while/after eating. Perhaps I'm leaving it too late to munch by which time it's got too bad? Anyone else finding it's bad no matter what?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now