Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

queenrollo Sun 23-Sep-12 12:03:09

i just bought cheap cotton granny knickers for my hospital bag, and was so glad I did. They were much more comfy than the disposable ones the hospital gave me immediately after DS delivery.
And yes maternity pads......if i recall I ended up using Kotex Nightime pads. My friend (on her 4th child then) recommended them and I found them as comfy as it's possible to be with something the size of a brick sitting in your knickers.

I may have to treat myself to that dress too dor because I have a thing about green.

I think yesterday's meltdown may have been indicative of impending head cold. Woke up this morning feeling rough....it's eased up now, after two paracetamol, but I'm definitely ailing proper rather than just good old pregnancy tiredness.
This morning I've finally taken up the hem on the back door curtain, and this afternoon I think I will sit at the table and chop the stuff ready for making mincemeat and then get on with making the advet calendar. Yep....I decided I'd make a spectacular one this year.....and now am beginning to regret it.

HaveALittleFaith Sun 23-Sep-12 16:07:18

Is it really bad that when I read 'pumps' I thought breast?! Those are luffly dor. What a good shopping trip you had smile

I'm still resisting buying anything although having had a look on the Mothercare website I must invest in some nice maternity bras. MSB is getting turned off by the sports bras and I think my buzzwams are growing at an alarming rate!

Sorry to hear you're poorly queenie but in a way I find it a relief when I feel awful emotionally and then realise its because I'm about to get ill! I hope you feel better soon.

HaveALittleFaith Sun 23-Sep-12 17:17:06

You know you're diffed when you burst on to tears just because your OH agrees to cook tea - sausage, mash and veg. Perfect Sunday night tea smile

FriendofDorothy Sun 23-Sep-12 17:37:31

I bought these bras - not the most glamorous but exceptionally comfortable.

I have spent the last hour having a complete nightmare about the house. I just know we aren't going to be in there before the baby is born and I am really gutted about it. I just feel like we are waiting on people to come back to us with quotes and I want them to get the fuck on with doing some fucking work.

Rant over sad

queenrollo Sun 23-Sep-12 17:41:12

well i've perked up a bit as the day has gone on. I've not got near doing advent stuff though....but we've pottered about the house and garden and it feels like it's been one of those slowly productive days.

All I've bought so far is some Sloggi bras (but i've had a huge increase to a C cup so they're all I need), and a pack of long sleeve newborn vests in primary colours.....I've done nothing else at all. Have been looking at options for bedside cot for co-sleeping and still no nearer making a decision.....still haven't decided what sort of car seat to get, which has an impact on which pushchair I get.

I burst into tears yesterday when HOLB was looking at our wedding photo on the wall and said to me 'you looked absolutely beautiful that day you know'.....but I've not cried when he offered to cook me dinner. Not yet anyway.....

HaveALittleFaith Mon 24-Sep-12 09:34:48

Glad you perked up a bit queen! How are you feeling today?

dor I'm sorry you're struggling about the house. It's understandable to fe upset - I really struggled when the quotes were slow and I didn't have a bun in the oven then! At least you will have a roof over your heads, even if it's not ideal and taking your baybee home will be a wonderful experience.

I'm so tired. I've not been sick for a few days which is good although it seems to come in waves for a few days. I'm not naïve enough to think its gone for good. Worst thing is I got a good night's sleep. It's exhausting growing a baybee isn't it?! Time to get a cup of decaf tea I think.

blonderthanred Mon 24-Sep-12 09:43:21

Sorry the house is a stress Dor. Try to keep yourself a bit protected from it all, it will get done one way or another and as long as you and the baybee are ok that's all that matters. That's what I've been trying to persuade myself whenever something has been troublesome during the pregnancy.

I got some Mothercare bras and an Emma B one from Amazon, mostly worn the Mothercares. Super comfy but still supportive.

Last full week of work, suddenly feel very much on the countdown. Got really stressed yesterday about how unprepared we are but today a calm has descended - hope it lasts!

FriendofDorothy Mon 24-Sep-12 11:30:01

I know that the house will get done, I just didn't still want to be living with Mum and Dad when the baby arrived. I know it won't be the worst thing in the world it's just a bit disappointing. However, in some ways it might be quite nice. I will be able to sit on the sofa breastfeeding and watching Christmas films!

HaveALittleFaith Tue 25-Sep-12 12:32:09

That sounds luffly dor smile

Pliz to be reassuring me PESH? Today I feel awful, really sad sad presume its the hormones. I am scared because I have stopped throwing up (should be a good thing and probably just because I've adjusted my eating habits - no tea, one slice of toast for breakfast) but for some reason I have got fixated on the idea of an MMC....3 weeks 1 day til my scan....

queenrollo Tue 25-Sep-12 12:55:03

faify I've had days of quite intense emotion, where I've crawled into bed and cried. And I was exactly the same when I got to 9/10 weeks and suddenly the nausea wasn't crippling me. I was terrifed that something had gone wrong.
Those first 12 weeks were just rubbish - feeling rubbish emotionally because you are so physically ill, and then feeling rubbish emotionally because you stop feeling ill.
Week 9 onwards I seemed to gradually build up to a burst of energy and feeling much better. At my 12 week scan I can remember getting to hospital at 9.30 and eventually walking out at 11.30 because I started to feel ill because I needed to eat. Before week 9 I would 1/have forced myself to eat to get rid of the worst of the nausea and 2/ had to keep snacking to keep it at bay. That two hours made me realise that my body was settling down.
I read that up to week 9/12 your body is working hard to build the placenta and that from week 9 onwards the placenta starts to work properly so your body settles down.

HaveALittleFaith Tue 25-Sep-12 13:03:41

Cheers dor.

Grr. Bollocky arsing buggary! I told someone at work 2 weeks ago I was diffed because she could tell I looked really ill. I oh so stupidly thought she'd realise I didn't want her to tell anyone since its such early days. She had told someone else sad who came up directly to ask! I went blush so couldn't deny it but did say Please don't tell anyone, it's top secret because it's early days and have emailed the original blabber mouth. I just hope she hasn't told anyone else...

HaveALittleFaith Tue 25-Sep-12 14:00:48

Ok she replied to my email - she said she just assumed I was telling everyone hmm and she's only told that one person. Hopefully they'll both be able to keep their mouths shut for 3 more weeks...

blonderthanred Tue 25-Sep-12 14:51:15

I accidentally told 2 people at work really early (well one of them used my phone and saw I'd downloaded a pregnancy app), made it clear they weren't to tell anyone else and I was lucky that they were good and didn't. That's very bad manners of your colleague but hopefully they'll have got the message now.

HaveALittleFaith Tue 25-Sep-12 16:37:56

Yes her rely was a bit funny but I think she was just trying to cover herself. No-one goes public at 7 weeks do they?! Well I've only got 1 more week in this job then 10 days leave. My scan is the Wed I go back to my old job so hopefully I won't have to see them much after this. I did say to the other woman who has been a pita for the last 18 months anyway! that it was top secret and not to tell anyone. She's the one who got baby when she added two and two back in April when I came back from being sick and was really fat! confused
She said in front of another colleague who fortunately knows - she's the one I told when I went off to A&E. Hard work though innit?! I just can't wait for my leave.

LauraPalmerPlusOne Wed 26-Sep-12 09:42:13

<waves>

Hi all, sorry for my lack of presence - it's been particularly busy in the Palmer-TOM house and I've currently got loads of work on. Otherwise everything is boom-tickety. Grub is quite active these days, which is really quite a wonderful feeling.

I'm complete crap for not name-checking everyone and commenting about your goings on (which I have been following faithfully during my insomnia-laden nights) - please forgive my lazy updiffedness!

<leaves a large plate of cinnamon chocolate cake and a jug of milk>

blonderthanred Wed 26-Sep-12 10:02:10

Oh I like I name change LP+1!

I am like a bear with a sore head this morning. Grumped at TBI for bringing me tea too early blush , then at the work cleaner for parking across the back yard so I had to drag the bins out of the way to get in blush , then sent a shitty email to Biffa about their shitty non-collection of said bins (that one was quite deserved), then cried in the office because a work colleague who I used to be really close to but has cut me off returned a book I gave her with a really cold note, then barked at the cleaner again for nearly breaking the gate so I had to get on my hands and knees to fix it (he was so nice and apologetic so blush again).

I've only got 2 hrs at work before the antenatal class so I hope I cheer up by then and get some work done. My cover person has been off sick all week so instead of training her I've had to get everything done. It's not her fault but adding to my irritation.

D'you think it might be time for me to go on maternity leave?!

HaveALittleFaith Wed 26-Sep-12 12:47:40

blonde yes I think you're ready! Can you tell me exactly what poor you're doing the leftover holiday/mat leave starting? I'm trying to figure out what I'll do.

I am totally mizz. Today I start handing over the job to my colleague. She is very bouncy about being back, everyone is excited to see her. I feel like crap and they have clearly waited for her to come back to discuss things with her rather than me sad I know I'm not very popular (never have been) but with this and the hormones it all feels massively reinforced and I want to cry! In addition I'm not on the rota for the ward when I officially go back so I feel like no-one wants me! <sad sack emotion>

I still felt UTIish so I dipped my wee at work and it's positive so I'm off to the docs after work for yet more antibiotics I presume! Sorry for the whine...roll on this time next week when I'm on leave! smile

lp+1 luff the NC, glad its nice stuff that has kept you away.

queenie how are you feeling now?

queenrollo Wed 26-Sep-12 14:15:43

<<runs around, does several cartwheels and lands gracefully>>

I've been to the osteopath. I luff him. He has made my poorly back go away. I'm back next week for him to check how my back is doing and to start trying to fix my neck. I wasn't sure about the expense, but given how great I feel right now it is perfectly justified.

The downside to today is a traumatic morning on the loo dealing with consequences of my bowels slowing down <<eyes water>> Have stocked up on fruit and wholemeal bread, and going to make sure I drink even more fluids. To be honest if this doesn't work it will time to see the GP for something on prescription.

What is wrong with your work colleagues faif? Never mind....I want you. Shall I come over there and poke them all with a sharp stick?

blonde def ready for mat leave - but in the meantime make the most of being able to justify grumpy/stroppiness on hormones smile

FriendofDorothy Wed 26-Sep-12 14:49:09

I have found the only thing that works to keep my bowels moving is one sachet of Fybogel a day.

In other news, my back is fucked. Physio not due until next week sad

blonderthanred Wed 26-Sep-12 16:35:30

Oh sorry to hear your UTI is still hanging around Faif. And of others' bowel related woes. Plenty of water is all I can suggest but I am fortunate not to have had much constipation.

Faith that is shitty but maybe your colleagues are just trying to make the returner feel welcome and get her back in the swing of things. And you may not feel popular but I'm sure you'll still be missed.

I am not 100% clear on your question but I saved up 18 days holiday which gives me just over 3 weeks pre-birth. One advantage of induction is that I know I won't be going overdue, but if the baby comes on day 1 or 2 of induction, official mat leave will start and I will lose a couple of days hol unless they let me tag it on to the end of the mat leave when I return next year. Hope that makes sense!

ps am in much better mood now having bought half of sainsburys.

HaveALittleFaith Wed 26-Sep-12 17:19:38

Doc has given me more antibiotics, different type. Prodded my stomach which was rather tender. Sent a sample off too to check what its sensitivity to.

Work is just awful - to explain...there was one person doing the job, age had a permanent contract. They got funding to have two more for a year, I got one of those jobs. At the end of the year the original person went off to do her MSc. I got her job for the year. Now she's back and I'm handing back over to her. Colleagues are obviously happy to have her back - she was around for a long time before me! It's just hard to give it all up and go back to a job I really don't enjoy sad

I am planning to take 1 weeks leave from this financial year (last week of March), then 2 weeks from next year, then start mat leave a week before my current due date, I think!

queen I'm glad the crunching has helped your back smile dor I hope the physio sorts you out next week!

blonderthanred Wed 26-Sep-12 19:14:48

I'm sorry about your work situation Faith. I hope it helps to think it will only be for six months. But shitty in the meantime.

HaveALittleFaith Wed 26-Sep-12 21:53:56

It's only 6 months. I'll be alright when I get into the swing of it. The tough part is handing it over. Then I have lovely leave where I intend to catch up with friends (and meet queenie in person!) and I'll adjust back.

Had our next Relate session tonight. Really tough to start with but now st the point where I feel we're able to try to start to move forward smile

blonderthanred Thu 27-Sep-12 13:10:50

Good that you are sticking with the Relate sessions Faif, it must be tough but I think it will stand you in great stead for the future. I think TBI and I should have done them, you don't get 14 years into a relationship with no issues and I think we both have a tendency to shy away from facing harder times even though we talk and communicate very well in most ways. Hopefully we will weather the changes a new baby will bring but I do sometimes worry. Mind you I am too irrational and hormonal to talk about anything sensibly as yesterday's tantrums will have told you.

Religion is a big issue and I hope you can come to some peace of mind, whatever MSB decides on that front. Hopefully you still feel you have the same outlook on life, moral guidelines etc?

Hope the new ABs start to have an effect soon...

FriendofDorothy Fri 28-Sep-12 11:52:17

I feel like a massive heifer today!

This thread is not accepting new messages.