Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

blonderthanred Wed 26-Dec-12 12:40:42

How are you feeling today Dor? I remember the counting down feeling for my post CS painkillers. One night I got confused and took the same ones twice - then had total panic about bf and had to ring NHS direct for advice.

I'm sure you are already but drink loads of water - bf is dehydrating and you need enough for that and to flush out the uti. Hope you have a better day today.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Wed 26-Dec-12 13:02:06

Eurgh. Night shift was awful. Very busy. I have no voice and swollen glands. Nan and FIL have arrived so will go and be sociable but feel like death warmed! envy

Hope you're less sore dor!

FriendofDorothy Wed 26-Dec-12 13:28:26

I have decided that I will book in to see the GP tomorrow to check whether I have a UTI.

Think I feel a little better today but I have had to take some co-codamol which is less than ideal as I am breast feeding. I am just trying to get through the next few days.

FriendofDorothy Thu 27-Dec-12 11:26:24

Well my instincts were right and I have a UTI. Antibiotics should, fix that.

My health visitor was also right and the GP thinks I might have a vulvar variscosity which is basically a varicose vein in the fanjo region. Very painful and gross but should go down over the next week or so.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 12:02:57

Ouch dor! Double whammy. Well no wonder you feel rough! Hopefully with the antibiotics you'll start to feel brighter.

We are off shopping. Amongst other things I need bigger knickers!

blonderthanred Thu 27-Dec-12 12:45:58

Ouf. You poor thing Dor. Fingers xed you get fixed quick.

Are you working all through Christmas Faife?

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 12:52:47

Worked Christmas night blondie. It was vile. Really busy, on with a newly qualified so had to do all the IVs (7 of them!). Day off today though and shopping! Gift vouchers a plenty! Back tomorrow for a short shift and then long days 30/31/1 so not much New Year fun sad but then rest of that week off. Could be worse.

blonderthanred Thu 27-Dec-12 12:58:54

I have to admit, there was a moment yesterday when I briefly wondered when I was back at work and then remembered I was on maternity leave. Yes! (sorry...)

Actually I used to love working over Christmas when I worked in a theatre, panto season was always fun especially Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. Such excitement plus dressed up kiddies was quite something.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 21:55:52

Ooh in the theatre?! That sounds like fun!

I have reached the point of wanting to eat, eat, eat! Had a steak pub dinner at lunch but since we got home I really haven't stopped!

We started looking at travel systems. Rather tricky with a Polo! Quinny buzz is on offer but only fits with both wheels off. I think I'd live to regret the faff hmm. There is a Kiddicare at Nottingham, I think we need a trip over there. The selection in Toys R Us and Mothercare just doesn't cut it!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 29-Dec-12 11:47:30

Urgh I am now full of cold though the sore throat has eased somewhat. Enjoying a lazy morning what with the anticipation of three long days ahead!

MSB has decided we should go to Nottingham this after and get nursery furniture (Ikea) and travel system (Kiddicare). I can't really be arsed but he's all 'seize the day'.

How you feeling dor?

blonderthanred Sat 29-Dec-12 12:48:09

Faith I'm really quite cross because I seem to have a cold and I haven't been out for the last few days so I must have caught it from you. Next time please cough away from the keyboard. wink

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 29-Dec-12 12:53:11

No idea where I picked it up from! Blame MSB, he sneezes (states he never has enough warning to catch it) then carries on using the laptop. Must be his germs! I'm about to tell him I don't feel up to gallabanting over to Nottingham today!

blonderthanred Sat 29-Dec-12 13:25:39

Yucky MSB. Seriously am puzzled as to where I picked up this little germ, I've only seen my family since XEve and none of them are ill. TBI is just bringing me the baby every hour or so for a feed and then I have to lie down again, I'm that dizzy.

He is currently making me a turkey & ham sandwich with onion chutney, yum. (TBI not DS)

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 29-Dec-12 14:34:03

I'd be very impressed if you had trained DS to make sandwiched already! wink

FriendofDorothy Sat 29-Dec-12 14:37:24

I am feeling a bit better thanks. The antibiotics are kicking in I think which great other than I also now have thrush. The drugs are also making Edwards poo quite spectacular!

I am managing to do a bit more but I am trying to rest in the afternoon.

Edward continues to be a delight!

blonderthanred Sat 29-Dec-12 14:51:41

Oh crap Dor. Make sure you get proper thrush treatment for both you and him, some of the women in the Nov thread have struggled to shift it until their docs gave them both the right stuff.

Glad E is a delight. L is too, despite lack of sandwich making abilities.

snowqueenrollo Sat 29-Dec-12 15:13:44

i need to hear how lovely snuggly it is to have a little baby. nearly 34 weeks here and I am FED UP.....my midwife at my last appt said it's normal to reach this stage and find it emotionally/mentally hard work. I just have to keep going, and I really want this baby to hang on for term so that I can have my Home Birth - but I am just tearful and cross and grumpy.
My appetite has gone completely, I am forcing myself to eat. I want everyone to go away and leave me alone. After a particularly bad episode with DS (his behaviour has been appalling) I actually felt like being a mother was the last thing in the world I want to do anymore. I was feeling utterly resentful at all the things I can't do because I have the commitment of being mum....

blonderthanred Sat 29-Dec-12 15:40:02

snowqueen at the risk of sounding very gushy and un-ESH-like, newborn snuggles are literally the best thing ever. When they look into your eyes as you are holding/feeding them. When they start cooing and gurgling. The first smiles. HANG ON IN THERE! You are doing brilliantly and it's totally normal to have had enough (while at the same time wanting the baby to stay put).

FriendofDorothy Sat 29-Dec-12 17:57:00

Hang in there snow queen. Not long to go now.

I am just treating the thrush with OTC Canesten. Hopefully I have caught it early.

blonderthanred Sat 29-Dec-12 18:01:27

Ah I thought you meant the nipple type. Vadge possibly easier to treat. But keep an eye out for painful nips or white spots in E's mouth.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 10:13:39

Nearly there snowy. It'll worth it I'm sure

Well if I wasn't diffed I'd let you take me put right now. I feel like utter crap! MNetting from under a towel whilst steaming. This virus/cold thing has taken hold. I can cope with sniffles but have awful earache so I had to call in sick again!. I called 111 at 2.30 who said it should settle on its own but there's so little you can do/take when diffed. What I really need is ibuprofen....I've settled for my regular painkillers, steaming and rest.

How are you now dor?

blonderthanred Mon 31-Dec-12 11:23:51

Sorry to hear that Faith, if it's any consolation I feel your pain! No earache but I have felt ill for the last few days and feeding the baby every 2-3 hrs is killing me. So exhausted. Nearly reached for the formula last night just so I could get a good night's sleep but I know it's even more beneficial for him to feed at the moment so he gets my antibodies.

TBI took the baby this morning so I could have some extra sleep and now I can't doze off again! Grr...

Hope you feel better soon along with Rollo and Dor, and have a lovely New Year.

snowqueenrollo Tue 01-Jan-13 15:09:12

My lungs are being squished so much that I feel like I have an elephant sat on my chest! I'm feeling very 'nesty' but am having to sit down every 15 mins because I'm getting so worn out! I have limbs pressing into my groin and my ribs, making sitting down very difficult and I can't lean back to stretch out because it compresses everything and I get dizzy and short of breath. The best position for me is on my hands and knees. I don't have a birthing ball but am wondering if that would make it easier for me to get comfy? I never had one with DS.

I'm 34 weeks, getting anxious about making it to 37 for my Home Birth. Trying to figure out what happens if I have to go to hospital and DS is here.....his dad will come and get him, no matter the hour but he's 20 mins away so either HOLB or the doula will have to stay with him - I don't really want to be without either of them if that happens. In fact daytime is no probs, there are two neighbours he could go to.....it's just if it happens in the early hours.

I can't believe that I am so very close to the end now....

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 01-Jan-13 15:19:54

Wow queenie, really not long to go! Dor had a birthing ball I'm sure - maybe she can advise? (According to your own dates), how far on we're you when you had DS? I hope it all pans out as you hope.

I'm so, so happy - a couple we're friends with have been TTC over 3 years have just announced she's diffed! Due end of July! grin

I saw the GP yesterday who said infection is viral not bacterial so all I can do is painkiller up and ride it out. Cheers doc confused. Happily my back at work til next Thursday so will feel like having a holiday! smile
24+0 today!

snowqueenrollo Tue 01-Jan-13 16:00:34

i was 37+5 when DS put in an appearance.

Sorry you're not well and having to ride it out. Being ill is awful anyway but when you are pregnant and so many options for relief are taken away it's even worse.

And that is really lovely news about your friends!

This thread is not accepting new messages.