Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

snowqueenrollo Thu 06-Dec-12 15:54:29

dor I'm sending you some positive vibes for the baby to drop and get that head engaged.

blonderthanred Thu 06-Dec-12 15:59:07

Do you have a birthing ball Dor?

FriendofDorothy Thu 06-Dec-12 16:42:35

My sister has a Swiss ball and said I can borrow that. Will get it tomorrow.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 06-Dec-12 17:34:11

Bounce that baybee into position dor! grin

blonderthanred Thu 06-Dec-12 17:38:59

Make sure it's big enough for your hips to be higher than your knees (sometimes exercise balls are the other way round).

When I was preparing for induction the Calvin Harris song 'Bounce' was everywhere, including being used for a tv trailer for something, which caused me some mild hilarity. Also my brother kept playing it whenever he came in and I was bouncing away. Think it will always make me laugh. So download that and have a ball...! <groan>

FriendofDorothy Thu 06-Dec-12 22:15:44

I have eaten curry, drunk pineapple juice and eaten ice-cream just for good measure.

Winston is going bonkers in there!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 09:02:33

Pickle went mad yesterday when I ate carrot sticks! Sounds like you're doing everything you can to evict him dor?!

Gosh this bug is never ending! Was in bed last night with stomach cramps confused. Desparately hoping it'll ease off today!

snowqueenrollo Fri 07-Dec-12 09:35:17

was supposed to have friend and her son round today. She text to say she was sick a few times last night but feels ok now, but we've cancelled because I really don't want to increase my chances of coming down with a vomity bug at this stage of pregnancy. I know you can't live in a bubble, but i'd be daft to knowingly spend time with someone who has been sick.
Was woken at 6am by persistent engine noise....thought maybe fire brigade outside (it's happened before and sounded similar) but no sign. Can only assume it was generator on the bridge up the road. They're working on it.....at 6.45 there was a drilling/banging roadworky kind of noise. I am shattered....so another good reason to cancel today.
And i've had leaky boobs, but nothing major.....but yesterday and today my boobs have really started hurting and feeling a 'let down' kind of shock so i'm wondering if I'm going to start leaking properly over the next few days?
Feel kind of 'different' like my body is properly preparing for the last few weeks...

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 13:05:39

Sounds like role reversal with me queenie, I had cancel on my friend and her little boy coming round in case I pass on my germs sad gutted cos I really wanted to see them!

Interesting that you're feeling body changes. Guess its just your body gearing up for the next couple of months!

I must be on the mend, I've hoovered, basic clean of bathroom and emptied the bins. It's taken me over an hour and I'm shattered but at least I've done something!

snowqueenrollo Fri 07-Dec-12 16:04:54

it's just as well that I cancelled because I was doing the driving (they are carless right now) and I was way too tired this afternoon to drive anywhere. I could feel my eyelids going so put DS on the computer to keep him occupied and had a nap on the sofa. I actually think my body is responding to the Repevax, because I feel really quite drained.
Glad to hear you're on the mend smile
This is a first.......DH has actually said 'we need to get the Christmas decs up this weekend'.....he's never usually bothered, but I think he's jollying me along because it's not like me to leave it so late. We don't put loads up as it is, and I actually leave certain aspects until the day before Yule when I sort of ritualistically bring in the greenery from the garden.

FriendofDorothy Sat 08-Dec-12 19:40:17

Gah. I am sorry to sound ungrateful but I really want this baby out now.

My ribs hurt and he has his arse sticking right up under them!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 19:49:16

Smoke him out dor?!

I am not ungrateful to be pregnant but I am gutted, I would love, love, love to see Mcfly live but the tour dates are when I'm due to drop! sad

How are you feeling snowy?

FriendofDorothy Sat 08-Dec-12 19:57:13

I feel quite guilty every time I make vague disatisfied-about-being-pregnat noises though. Like I need to be grateful for every little bit of unpleasantness!

I just want a baby to cuddle on Christmas Day and not still be looking like Mr Greedy!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 20:06:50

At least if his arse in in your rib cage that means he's head down though, yes? Did they say anything about a possible induction date? I am wearing my Mr Bump Mind the bump t-shirt today smile

It's ok to moan a bit here. Like I'd never go off to the BESH thread and whine about being diffed but it's not without it's perils. I think it feels different when it's a hard fought win. When you've tried for so long, the getting pregnant feels like such an exhausting journey and certainly impacts your mind,mbut being pregnant takes its toll on your body and your mind! Today I have been blubbery with happiness about daft little things!

snowqueenrollo Sat 08-Dec-12 20:40:00

dor as faith says this is the place to come for a little bit of self indulgent moany. I have until Feb and today I have been SO bloody uncomfortable. I can't get comfy sitting on any of our furniture, or lying down. I'm having trouble getting to sleep, then waking early. I am SO grateful to be pregnant that I too find it hard to be honest with people in real life about how uncomfy I am.

We're having one of those weekends with DS where he is up and down out of bed. Last night it was nearly 10pm before he was asleep (he goes to bed at 8).....tonight he's up and down with a 'belly ache'....this is a classic attention seeking tactic he uses, I have to try not to get cross with him because always I wonder 'what if this time he IS poorly'......but it is so frustrating.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 21:00:06

Can I mourn the loss of my belly button? It's rapidly shrinking! shock

FriendofDorothy Sat 08-Dec-12 21:32:49

They will let me go to term + 12 days which would mean they wouldn't consider any further intervention until 29 December.

That seems like forever away!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 21:43:40

I'm sure you'll have him before Christmas. Psychic bunions tell me so!

AndLauraPalmerInAPearTree Sat 08-Dec-12 21:58:41

I'm also ridiculously uncomfortable. Happy to be diffed (incredibly grateful and excited and lucky and all that jazz) but I'm soooooooo exhausted from lack of sleep and the inability to find a way to get comfy.

Rollo TinyTOM pulls the 'stomach ache' routine at bedtime, too. (And at dinner when he doesn't want to eat. Of course, it magically disappears when he wants pudding... hmm)

snowqueenrollo Sat 08-Dec-12 22:00:54

my belly button is an outy now. It's weird how soft the bit that's usually 'in' feels. I got HOLB to feel it the other week and it freaked him out.

I've just been a really horrible shouty mum, and told him in no uncertain terms how serious it is to lie about being ill. He still insisted it was belly ache......i told him I didn't believe him because he'd said three different things tonight. He cried a lot, I got very cross and then he said he just wants more time with me and longer cuddles. So we've cuddled in bed, and I've gently explained that he needs to just be honest and ask for this at bedtime - when I can properly spend time with him, and then have an evening with HOLB to relax and also catch up on jobs we don't do during the day so that we can spend time doing stuff with DS.
It's so frustrating because this is the third time now that we've had weekends like this. It's difficult to find a balance between listening to what he's saying and knowing when he's trying it on.
Emotionally shattered by this now......

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 22:12:15

I used to get the stomach aches - genuinely felt them but realise in retrospect they were psychosomatic confused

Speaking of, I would really like my stomach to settle down now! Still got aches and whilst not rampant and still...unsettled. Rubbish!

snowqueenrollo Sat 08-Dec-12 22:19:07

When he's properly got belly ache he usually appears for a cuddle, asks for Calpol and for a belly rub/hot water bottle until it settles. So I can usually tell when he's fibbing, but of course I always have that niggle that he may really have belly ache.

I am not in the least tired, but I think bed, hot chocolate and a book are in order.

snowqueenrollo Sun 09-Dec-12 10:27:10

I fell asleep not long after going up to bed and DS who normally comes into my bed at 8am didn't appear until 9.30! and I was still asleep. Feel so much better for a good night's sleep!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 09-Dec-12 11:29:33

Ah great stuff for both of you smile

I was quite pleased that MSB rolled in at 1.30, not drunk! Considering it was his work leaving do, I was quite pleased. I think he bailed when they hit the dance floor (he only dances when very, very drunk!) citing a poorly pregnant wife as cause to leave (even though I was fine about him being out!).

Today consists of brunch now - yum! - whilst watching The Muppets Christmas Carol grin, then Manchester derby at 1 and Elf at 5. Happy days!

FriendofDorothy Sun 09-Dec-12 11:32:55

The Mister phoned me at 10.30pm to ask me to pick him up from his work Christmas do. I had asked him not to get pissed and he complied. Bless him.

This thread is not accepting new messages.