Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

blonderthanred Mon 03-Dec-12 17:33:04

Hello PESHers! Have had an enforced absence after the new MN app wouldn't let me see this thread - all the others were fine but every time I tried to catch up with the PESH it crashed the whole app.

Rollo luff the name change and luff those bundlers! They are going right on my list. I call DS my little bundle (also all sorts of other insufferably cute names) so they will suit him down to the ground. He will be six weeks on Fri and we are hoping to introduce some bedtime rituals soon.

Faif I am glad you heard the hb and everything is ok but hope you are ok too and the tests come back clear. I think you have had your fair share of UTIs etc so I hope it's nothing like that.

Dot I remember those weetractions! Sometimes felt like I could hardly stagger to the loo. It is such an exciting time for you. Remember to eat the core of the pineapple for full effect (or pineapple juice which has lots). Have you got any of the aromatherapy oils that are meant to induce labour? And are you doing er... "special" massages?

I remember those 'drinking/smoking/other' dreams, had them all the time. So weird isn't it.

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Dec-12 17:40:19

I didn't realise you should eat the core of the pineapple, but I bought load of juice today.

I am not sure I can bring myself to do the... er... 'special massage' though. To be honest I am not sure I can reach!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 18:25:35

Nice to see you again blonder! Did you reinstall the app in the end?

I dunno if I could bring myself to that kind of massage either...then again I imagine being 13 days overdue and that desparate!

I took a wee sample (par for the course when diffed no?!) and it only showed white cells - which it has done ever since the bladder problems started in March - but nowt else so it's not that. Feels very different to that. I have to admit there's been a change in dynamic between MSB and myself in the last few months. Tonight he has come home and run a bath and cooked dinner (though I couldn't stomach anything yet) so I am clean and managed a hair wash and feel a bit better for it. Now jammied up in bed! smile

FriendofDorothy Mon 03-Dec-12 18:32:54

I have had a little kip on the sofa this afternoon although I did make chicken chasseur for dinner.

The Mister is on a night shift tonight. I shall miss him but I always sleep better when he isn't in the bed!

blonderthanred Mon 03-Dec-12 20:45:31

Faif I just waited and had faith in the MN powers that be (all hail Justine). By the way I was going to say that that is really lovely about you putting up the baubles your mum gave you. Must be nice to make that connection and have those memories.

Dor I drove myself mad trying to beat the induction, tried literally everything. Oh except castor oil as that can cause the baby to pass meconium apparently. Nothing worked. But it was kind of fun trying.

Btw Ladies, you don't do the massage yourselves....

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 20:58:57

Yes blonde if only I could find them! They're up there somewhere sad

blonderthanred Mon 03-Dec-12 21:21:05

Oh I thought you had the ones your mum gave you, so sorry Faith. I tried to read through the thread too quickly I think. I will keep everything xed that they turn up.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 03-Dec-12 21:22:15

The best ones that are missing are penguins wearing Santa hats, designed so it looks like they're flying smile

blonderthanred Tue 04-Dec-12 11:29:17

They sound lovely! We are hosting Christmas for the first time so I think I will have to get a tree. Slight madness with the new baybee but TBI's parents are coming over from Ireland and it seemed a nice way to bring everyone together.

I live in my grandparents' old house so we used to have Christmasses here when I was a child, there will be some memories reignited as well as hopefully some new ones made.

FriendofDorothy Tue 04-Dec-12 13:38:03

Oh, I am so hoping this baby arrives before Christmas!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 16:23:14

Hurry up Winston!

Doc has called, bloods ok except protein and albumin low so basically I need to eat more protein! Guessing I've just over done it, combined with a mild case of the bug. I have managed to eat a bit more today so it's progress. Have decorated the tree. Found enough baubles to make it nice and (joyfully) two flying penguins! grin

blonderthanred Tue 04-Dec-12 18:00:06

Hurray for flying penguins! Very glad to hear it. Make sure you look after yourself Faith, lots of lovely healthy food and keep warm.

Dor keeping fingers crossed for an appearance soon.

AndLauraPalmerInAPearTree Tue 04-Dec-12 21:36:49

Hello laydees! Just popping in to catch up.

Dory I had the strangest moment yesterday when I saw the date 21/12 - a very calm and rational thought descended into my head, which was: that's the day Dor's baby will arrive. It was really strange (& I don't claim to have any future telling capabilities!)

When is your gender 20 wk scan, Faife? Hurry up, already! wink

Waves to Blondie & SnoRo & Cava

Is it really just down to us on the Fred?

<sends intense differ vibes to the BESH palace>

<sets out a large tray of mince pies and drapes tinsel around to add a little sparkle>

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 21:44:53

Hey LP! gender 20 week scan is next Tuesday. Technically I'll be 21 weeks by then! hmm

Yes a lack of input from camel and fertility makes me think its just the three of us. We really need a BESH cluster diff! I'm hoping the wave of druck starting will give me my Christmas wish or I'll be lonely after February!

FriendofDorothy Tue 04-Dec-12 22:07:55

Well I had a little trip to the ward tonight as I was a bit worried about lack of movement.

She hooked me up to the CTG monitor and everything was fine, she also said that she can feel most of his head so I assume that means he isn't engaged at all sad

My BP was a little higher than normal though so she checked it three times and it was coming down, although she asked me lots of questions about pre-eclampsia. Midwife wasn't especially worried about it though. I have another appointment on Thursday to see the midwife for a routine appointment.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 22:33:29

Oh dor sorry for your scare! DSis had something similar. Glad it's all ok though even if Winston's arrival doesn't seem imminent!

blonderthanred Tue 04-Dec-12 23:04:26

Ooh hello LP! How are you? Get back to work! (Don't really, stay and chat)

Faith I had a mental note to congratulate you on 12 weeks and like a doofus I blimmin forgot till just now, congratulations! Do you have a pg app, I remember being really excited when the WTE one said 20 weeks gone, 20 to go. In fact I did a screen grab.

Dor sorry for your alarm, I wouldn't set too much store by how engaged you are. My friend was 5/5 palp when she went into labour. LP's prediction of 21/12 would be a cool date but I guess you'd rather it was sooner - maybe aim for 12/12/12?!

FriendofDorothy Tue 04-Dec-12 23:08:09

The 12/12/12 is indeed my desired delivery date. How cool would that be?!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 04-Dec-12 23:17:42

DNephew is 09/09/09! It's definitely cool!

Yes I have an app blonder! Seems crazy to be half way! One girl on my ante-natal thread is having a very tough pregnancy - she is wheel chair bound after a car accident. Very high risk pregnancy and basically they've told her to aim for 24 weeks and they may well whip that baybee out. She is 23+1 now and is delighted to hand got this far. Weird to think she might have her baybee any day when technically it's only half baked!

FriendofDorothy Wed 05-Dec-12 10:37:25

Bugger it. I have made it to 38+3 with no new stretchmarks but this morning I noticed a couple of tell tale red marks that looks like they are imminent. Balls! sad

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 10:43:04

That's impressive dor! Have you been doing anything to prevent them? I've just started using Palmer's cocoa butter but not convinced it'll really make a difference!

snowqueenrollo Wed 05-Dec-12 10:52:48

every single one of my stretchmarks with DS appeared over two days and in the last week of pregnancy. I'm starting to get them already this time, and in new places too.

I woke up at 4am having an anxiety attack sad don't know what's up with me. No Christmas spirit at all, am avoiding most of the internet because I'm getting so upset/grumpy about things.

I am going for my whooping cough jab late this afternoon. I feel incredibly and irrationally pissed off that I've had to weigh up whether to have this done or not.

FriendofDorothy Wed 05-Dec-12 10:58:04

I have used gallons of Bio Oil. Not sure it it has helped but my skin feels lovely!

blonderthanred Wed 05-Dec-12 11:20:11

I used Bio Oil too but still got stretchmarks, lots of people seem to get them in the last week so maybe it bodes well for an arrival soon Dor!

The whooping cough jab thing came out just as I was 36 weeks (with induction due at 38 and two weeks for it to take effect) so it was a mad scramble for info, the BBC reported it before hospitals/GPs had been given any info or stocks which was insane. I did get the jab though.

Faith that is shocking about your thread-mate. I was just reading a report on the news website that babies born from 24 weeks have improved outcomes recently so I thought of her. Fingers xed it all works out for her in terms of the baby and her own recovery.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 12:44:13

Woo I must be improving, I got up and dressed before 12! Hair washed, slap on but couldn't quite bring myself to straighten the hair. Ventured out for the first time in 48 hours too, just to the pharmacy to fill a prescription but I do believe progress is being made.

I got a voucher for extra Boots points for some kind of oil stuff so I might give it a whirl.

What are your againsts With the jab snowy? I reckon I'll have it. Sorry to hear you're still struggling. Hope it improves as the festivities get going.

This thread is not accepting new messages.