Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Here come the PESH - over 3 years of hard fought baby wins!

(1000 Posts)
HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 13:52:35

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.

Need dates:

BarbiesBeaver, can't quite believe it, due Christmas Day
BrownB, Baybee passport-grabbing bitch, due 22nd January 2012
AlpinePony, Greedy Double-Esh Baybee Boy Grabbing Bitch, due 19th Feb 2012
Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
KitandKat, third time lucky baybee, due 12th April 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales

cakeandcava (32), approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12
blonderthanred (36), no sugar I'm sweet enough, DC1 EDD 6/11/12
FriendofDorothy (36) DC1 EDD 16/12/12
LauraPalmer (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
Queenrollo (37) DC2 EDD 10/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), head down toilet, DC1 EDD 26/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13

Welcome to our new home! smile

FriendofDorothy Tue 18-Sep-12 13:54:11

Oooo looks snuggly in here!

cakeandcava Tue 18-Sep-12 14:04:10

<waddles in>

Well well well, a nice new thread. Thanks faife!

<tries to get comfortable> <fails>

queenrollo Tue 18-Sep-12 14:17:20

ahem....yes there may have been a little typo at the end of the last thread....I am not 937, though I feel pretty ancient some days....

CamelKnees Tue 18-Sep-12 14:21:30

Oooh good job faithy

I like it in here. I particularly like the mini magnum vending machine (and I wonder why I weigh as much as a small hatchback already )

HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 14:57:34

You're all welcome smile

<installs a milk dispenser>

HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 16:21:51

Eurgh I feel rubbish. I rang into work to say I won't be in again tomorrow but should be back Thursday. Been left feeli crap because I'd agreed to cover a meeting a 2pm yesterday and obviously was in a&e instead. I am very tired and hormonal (the symptoms aren't as bad thanks to the antibiotics but I just feel rubbish. Reassure me please....?!

queenrollo Tue 18-Sep-12 16:37:19

D'you know Faith - it took me a while to get my head round the fact that it's not worth feeling guilty if you can't work because you are ill, and I mean properly need to rest ill.
Before I was self-employed I worked for a right git who never appreciated me working through migraines etc. One day I requested light duties and he moaned - so I said 'alright, I'll do what i should do which is go home..you can cover my shift'.....and I went home.
That day I realised that it was really OK to be off sick when it's genuine.
You're bound to feel a bit bad that others have to cover you, but that because you are conscientious.

I give you permission to rest and get better without feeling guilty about it.

HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 16:42:29

I hate hate hate being sick but yesterday I did realise that it's not just about my own Heath but the health of the baybee now. Clearly if I was that dehydrated and hadn't realised I had a UTI I wasn't looking. After myself well enough.

Thank you queenie smile

cakeandcava Tue 18-Sep-12 17:00:54

You're absolutely allowed to be sick and feel ill and be home! Don't feel guilty at all.
queenie that's a brilliant story -what did the git say when you left?

Day 2 of maternity leave, and I need to get myself into some kind of routine. This could go on for many weeks still, and today I didn't get dressed until about 2pm blush. I am decluttering a bit, but haven't done nearly as much as I planned (I am a champion of procrastination)... I'm also stuck in the house this week waiting for numerous baybee-related deliveries. At least when that is done I can go out and about a bit more next week...

HaveALittleFaith Tue 18-Sep-12 17:14:53

Thank you smile both of you. I do feel bad about leaving them in the lurch but I could barely stand! I am so tired today, all I managed to do was run the dishwasher and do one load of washing and out another away. And see the midwife. Actuallly that's not bad!

cakey perhaps a week stuck at home is what you'll need to feel like you want to get out! Undefined amount of time to do stuff is the procrastinator's dream!

queenrollo Tue 18-Sep-12 18:11:03

cake he didn't say anything......then a couple of months later I phoned in sick at 6am (was a paper shop, he was in early marking up rounds) to tell him i'd been up all night ill and wouldn't be in for my 8.30 shift. That meant he would have two hours to find someone to cover me. He hung up on me shock

The next time I was in was the following week, when I went in at 5.30am to help with the paper rounds.....come 9am it's obvious that his kids had mucked up their rounds and he's giving them a telling off. Still in 'dad' mode he turned and had a go at me about something. He got a very blunt reply about talking to me the way he did. He was very sheepish about it.
The thing is I was one of three competent staff he had on (and I should point out I was in the depths of getting my own business up and running so I was working a LOT of hours aside from this crappy job) and he couldn't afford to lose me, so I could be as blunt as I liked and if he wanted me to work the busiest three days of the week he had to keep me sweet.

I've not worked for anyone else in that capacity again....I'm not a good employee if the boss is taking liberties.....

DH has been a bit 'meh' today because he's got no work to keep him busy and has struggled to get going. I pointed out that's how I feel the three days a week when Ds is with his dad and I am home alone. I find it very hard to get motivated....

blonderthanred Tue 18-Sep-12 22:25:32

Ooh new fred! You have all been busy bees.

Work's a right old nuisance having to train someone, no time for sneaky MN checking or even just space to think. I keep having to explain myself - well obviously as I'm training someone - which is exhausting. Will be nice to finish in a couple of weeks though.

Good on you QR for making that decision when you needed to - something we don't always do.

fertilityFTW Wed 19-Sep-12 07:37:58

Ooh shiny!
<marks place and settles in for the long haul>

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Sep-12 07:55:02

I am off for 3 hours+ of GTT testing and my 28 week checks this morning. I have my patchwork and my Kindle with me. That should see me through.

blonderthanred Wed 19-Sep-12 08:50:44

Good luck Dor. When I had mine the nurse said after the drink, now the baby will start disco dancing and she was so right. I found it so hard to sit still! Hope you get a good result.

Nosey question, do you have to pay for that as well & is it expensive?

queenrollo Wed 19-Sep-12 08:52:00

oh bum....I am fed up of feeling so damn nauseous in the mornings. It comes back for a few days and I feel awful....then it goes and I feel great and get loads done and have a brilliant appetite. And then it's back and I don't know what to do with myself....

Hope the GTT goes well dor and that you get a good result. What a bore all that sitting around is though....

HaveALittleFaith Wed 19-Sep-12 09:02:22

Ice lollies queenie! Tends to help me get on top of the nausea.

Good luck for today dor hmm I wrote 'lick' initially which is rather different! good to hear you've got stuff to entertain you. I really want the new Marian Keyes book to hear about the last Waslh sister!

Sounds like are work blonde but I guess in some ways it's easier to be busy than bored at work when diffed.

I am glad again I have the day off. I'm just so tired and my kidneys ache. Chilled out day at home. Might just go to the village shops to the butcher and have plans to bake some scones.

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Sep-12 10:13:43

Baby is definitely wriggling!! This part of the antenatal care is free. Thank goodness!

HaveALittleFaith Wed 19-Sep-12 10:16:44

Hooray smile

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Sep-12 16:06:42

GTT results all fine smile

FriendofDorothy Wed 19-Sep-12 16:57:02

Bollocks! They have just cancelled our flight sad

HaveALittleFaith Wed 19-Sep-12 18:04:10

Will there be another one dor? Is because of bad weather?

blonderthanred Wed 19-Sep-12 19:49:52

That's great news, both the (quick) result and that it's free. Not so good about the flight though, what's happening?

HaveALittleFaith Wed 19-Sep-12 19:52:08

I think from t'other place there was a technical fault with the plane but she's boarded another one hence the radio silence!

This thread is not accepting new messages.