Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 tentative start of thread

(997 Posts)

Hi, anyone else out there who may be at the very earliest point of pg? I haven't taken a test yet but feeling nauseous and tired and thinking this is it

SunnyL Mon 12-Nov-12 16:39:00

I've been feeling quite good the last 2 weeks. That was until last night. I took the overnight flight to Nairobi last night for work and a bloke was so drunk he puked down himself in his sleep. We had to sit with the stench of his vomit for the next 5 hours. Had to sit with my blanket over my nose. What is it with this sensitivity to smells? Almost gave me the boke!

PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:15:30
MrsBri Sun 11-Nov-12 19:10:30

I've had a permanent cold / sore throat since 1 week post-OV, Sparkle. I know it's to protect the baby, but it is very tiring :-/

Interesting about the sea sickness bands. Someone I knew swore by them, but suppose it is all individual, as per the rest of pregnancy!

I doubt one lot of faggots would spell trouble, so try not to worry too much. xx

PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 19:01:54

We need a new thread!

bri I've tried the sickness bands but they didn't really affect me!!!

I've just eaten faggots and now wishing I hadn't because of the liver content!!! Didn't even think!!!!

Also have a sore throat sad

lady I'm so sorry for what's happening!! Hope they give you an answer soon!!!

dreamydays Sun 11-Nov-12 18:30:23

Oh no ladyflump so sorry to hear sad thinking of you xx

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 18:05:01

Thanks everyone. My fiancé is here with me and DS is being spoiled by his grandma.

Tbh, I'm more pissed off at the moment than upset. I'm pretty much reconciled to the idea that this baby is gone and I just want someone to come and confirm it so I can go home.

MrsBri Sun 11-Nov-12 17:55:39

FX everything is OK, Lady.

Sparkle, I seem to be yearning cheese (calcium required?) and savoury snacks as these seem to keep the nausea / evil tasting mouth at bay.

Do you think those sea sickness bands would work for constant nausea? The best way to describe my nausea is when I'm feeling travel sick, but not to the point of being sick, so maybe they would? Could be worth a shot, but would be one hell of a giveaway at work when the eagle eyed gossips are already in action :-/

DontmindifIdo Sun 11-Nov-12 17:54:55

oh Lady, just seen your message, take care. Do you have anyone with you?

looneytune Sun 11-Nov-12 17:54:29

Oh Lady, I'm sorry to hear that, sending positive vibes your way x

DontmindifIdo Sun 11-Nov-12 17:54:08

well, DS (2, nearly 3) came up to me today and said "I love you mummy, your my best friend" then ran off with his favourite digger - that had me crying like a loon. Oh, and he's working out what's going on as he poked my tummy and said "you've got a baby in there" - of course he's pointed at fat woman before now and said "she's got a baby in her tummy" so it might just mean he's noticed I'm getting a bit of a belly on me... grin

Anyone else who's already got DCs, when do you plan on telling them?

PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 17:52:15

Sorry for Xpost Lady sad
I'm sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts xx

nannyl Sun 11-Nov-12 17:52:05

sorry to read that ladyflumpalot

hope all is ok

PseudoBadger Sun 11-Nov-12 17:51:19

I've just had to have a bowl of microwave popcorn :I Frel guilty now though....

LadyFlumpalot Sun 11-Nov-12 17:49:44

Hullo, I have been bleeding all day and am currently sat in Salisbury A+E with a needle in my arm and waiting for a doctor. sad

I had a cry yesterday at polar express, and then the fact that my husband wouldn't eat beans on toast (he hates beans)

My sickness may be dying down and I'm 8+1 I've not actually been sick for a couple of days, just feel sick! Have plenty of other symptoms to keep me occupied though!! Bloating, wind, heartburn/indigestion etc etc)

Oh and has anyone else had any proper cravings? I've gone made for peas!!! Quite happy to sit watching telly with a bowl of cooked peas, little bit of butter and a dash of salt!!! Yum!!!

CuriosityCola Sun 11-Nov-12 16:24:26

I shed a tear while watching Return to never land today. It was when the little girl's dad returned from the war. blush I never normally cry at anything.

Glad to hear some people's morning sickness is getting better. Another one here looking for hope. I'm managing to not vomit too much, but feel really sea sick all the time.

fishface2 Sun 11-Nov-12 16:17:26

You bring me hope Chica. I'm 7 weeks and although I haven't actually vomited, my energy levels are so low and I just feel spaced out, also crashed my car.

ChicaT Sun 11-Nov-12 15:24:31

JeffActually I had morning sickness from 2.5 weeks, though I didn't know what it was then! Also so foggy headed and tired I managed to crash my car, oops.
Pregnancy sickness seems to be easing a little now, thank goodness.I'm almost 9 weeks now and was virtually bed-bound for a couple of weeks from week 6! I managed to get to the gym today which was GREAT, so happy I can actually do things again (though may not let on to DH as he's taken over all the cooking for now!).

MrsBri Sun 11-Nov-12 14:49:35

Oh, and I cried at the camera ad where the couple get married at the end. Nikon, potentially. Had to hide my snuffling from DH!!

MrsBri Sun 11-Nov-12 14:47:36

Maybe you have twins, Jeff?! Mine was almost bang on the 'usual' 6 weeks. I'm hoping it goes by week 12 too, as it's unlike any sickness I've ever had previously. :-/

And it does seem very real after seeing a heartbeat, yes...still a tiny bit scared though. I'm sure that's normal though.

4 weeks on Tuesday til my next scan. Exciting. Then I'll go home the following weekend to deliver Christmas presents / tell my parents the good news :-)

JeffActually Sun 11-Nov-12 14:29:09

Right then, just in case I was in any doubt that I was pregnant I have just bawled my eyes out at the John Lewis Christmas ad blush

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to everyone who has had scans over the past few days - it is the most amazing thing in the world seeing your baby for the first time (even if it isn't quite identifiable!)

When did you all start getting morning sickness, I am really doubting my dates as my first morning sickness arrived when I was literally just 3 weeks - is that really early or did anyone else get sick that early?

looneytune Sun 11-Nov-12 12:54:59

Thanks dreamydays, I'll call tomorrow and see what they say smile

DontmindifIdo Sat 10-Nov-12 20:28:24

hello Mrs Bri! It's makes it all very real when you see a heart beat, does'nt it?!?

SunnyL - driving? They can only be in a car seat for 2 hours max at a stretch, it's going to be a lllooooonnnnngggg drive.

So my news - I told my parents today, they seemed rather underwhelmed at first, but then seemed to get more excited as the day went on... I think they are worried about getting "hurt" again if I have another miscarriage. My dad told me off for unloading the dishwasher because apparently he should do that and I should focus on "keeping my next grandchild growing". I think they are going to be hard work. I made it clear I didn't want my mum to tell anyone just yet, however I would give it approximately 24 hours for the whole of the family in the North West to know on the grounds that "they don't see you much". <sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now