Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 tentative start of thread

(997 Posts)

Hi, anyone else out there who may be at the very earliest point of pg? I haven't taken a test yet but feeling nauseous and tired and thinking this is it

sparkiestfiend Sat 29-Sep-12 22:39:43

Hi everyone! Can I join? Not sure of all the abbreviation, tho I'm (maybe wrongly) assuming that poas is peed on a stick?? Which, if it is, I did last Thursday........edd 1st June.

This is baby number 2 for me, have a 5 year old too. Symptoms include HUGE (and theyre big at the best of times!), really sore boobs, some nausea in the pm and strange cramps and discharge (sorry!) Which has me running to the loo every 5 mins to check i'm not bleeding!

Roll on mid november when we can relax a bit!

:-)

Well I dunno that I'd say peed on a stick, but the gist is right... grin

Welcome, hope the nausea doesn't get too bad.

I haven't been craving chocolate, either dreamy ! Normally I'm all over it and I could be perfectly happy leaving it in the cupboard right now.

I have my two from my first DSs too Frust. Kinda gross.... but I can't bring myself to bin them. blush

EddieIzzardIsOrange Sun 30-Sep-12 11:27:36

Hello everyone, getting quite a crowd now arent we?!

I'm 5 weeks today (hooray! smile Just 35 to go! sad ) and have a scan in about 3 weeks (19th Oct) so looking forward to that!

Hows everyone else doing?

doopington Sun 30-Sep-12 15:20:17

Hello! Can I join you? I got a bfp on thursday after 16 months ttc. EDD is 4th June. :-)

FrustratedSycamorePants Sun 30-Sep-12 18:33:14

Hi doop <waves>

dreamydays Sun 30-Sep-12 18:50:36

Hello spark and doop, congratulations! We're on 13mths ttc in my house - no fun, is it?

flump do you think you might be a month further on than you thought? If it helps I had a light period at the start of two earlier pregnancies ( I'm now taking progesterone to prevent this).

Skinnydecafflatte Sun 30-Sep-12 19:00:52

Hello, can I come in to play? I got a BFP this morning after thinking 'lets just do one to rule it out'. We have been TTC for nearly two years. We have one DS who is three next month. Just before we conceived him our fertility clinic told us that we'd probably never had children naturally. As you can imagine we are thrilled (again) but slightly shocked.
Due date is 9th June. I want to tell everyone but obviously not a wise idea yet.
You would think that since I have done this before I would know what happens but it all feels very new and unknown. Only symptoms are very sore boobs, otherwise all normal. Hoping to stick around and get to know you.

Congratulations, skinny and wow, what a story grin

suzyrut Mon 01-Oct-12 11:36:39

hi all just wondered if anyone else feels faint or if it's normal. Was just sitting at my desk pretending to work whilst secretly browsing internet for buggies and my head sarted spinning (maybe it was the cost of the buggies!) Thank you.

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Mon 01-Oct-12 14:04:16

Wow, a lot has happened, welcome more lovely June beans! I am 5 weeks today. Aside from the lethargy and the boobs I feel fine.

I do get light headed quite easily but I haven't experienced dizziness while stitting still Suzy, maybe you should check that?

Suzyrut and Onemore probably low blood sugar. It's super common in early pregnancy to not feel hungry but to actually need something to eat. Especially something with protein in it. Cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, etc. Try to get in snacks at least every 2-3 hours. It should help keep morning sickness away too!

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Mon 01-Oct-12 17:38:17

Thanks Trumpets, I bought a nice mixture of dried fruits and nuts yesterday to keep in my bag so I have a healthy option!

CollectorOfCookbooks Mon 01-Oct-12 21:25:33

Tentatively joining you if thats ok. Congratulations to you all.

POAS yesterday, thought my eyes were deceiving me, then again this morning and again tonight - line getting darker all the time! Extremely early days, edd 16th June. DH said 'oh' and then told me not to eat out of date yogurt!

Best friends hen do this weekend and she just caught me crying so I told her - her reaction was underwhelming to say the least, I'm actually really hurt considering this comes off the back of a miscarriage this summer. I know she has a lot on but still. Hey ho. From what I've read elsewhere on MN then I'm going to have to toughen myself up for reactions and comments and advice - if this bean sticks! Don't plan to tell anyone else til 8 weeks, parents and siblings that is, everyone else can wait.

Can anyone recommend a good multivitamin or is Pregnacare Conception ok to keep taking til I finish the packet? Drive me bonkers remembering to take it of an evening though, happy to swop if there's a better one out there.

Welcome collector! Congratulations!

So sorry to hear about your friend's reaction. That's really unfair of her. I'm sure it'll just take some time for the news to sink in for your DH and he will be very excited soon smile

You are welcome to come here and talk about everything and anything you please and we are all going to be genuinely happy and excited for you!

CollectorOfCookbooks Tue 02-Oct-12 06:57:23

Thanks Trumpets, much appreciated! DH starting to get excited now, but I'm tryingto keep a lid on that until I get a bit further along!

MrsJLS85 Tue 02-Oct-12 07:06:53

Hi Everyone, and welcome newbies! congrats on BFPs! Congrats skinny on again beating the odds! And sorry collector to hear of your friends reaction, but you're in a good place here. Yes you're right you'll receive all kinds of different reactions from people, just remember that you know best!

5 weeks now, and yesterday I woke up, stood up, ran to the loo and threw up. Last time this didn't happen til 7 weeks! So I'm just hoping that maybe 2nd time around the symptoms happen sooner (because I don't think I could face the idea of twins!)

How is everyone feeling? Oh and suzy I've certainly felt quite faint recently too. Frequent snacking seems to be the answer!

dreamydays Tue 02-Oct-12 07:24:53

Poor you Mrs throwing up already! I felt a bit rough before breakfast this morning and wondered if it was too early for that (5 weeks tomorrow).

Congrats collector! As for vitamins, I'm no expert but my impression is that other than folic acid, which of course is key, the formulations of the different brands seem to vary quite widely and the reason for that is unclear. I've read that some people find that some brands (esp Pregnacare) makes their morning sickness worse. Personally I take it at breakfast - I find it easier to remember than in the evening!

Ayomi Tue 02-Oct-12 10:56:29

Hi all... Just tested positive today estimated due date 4th June.. Slightly in shock lol as was feeling poorly then realised I was late.. Wasn't really expecting it! Have a dd who is 4, now trying to remember everything from then smile

suzyrut Tue 02-Oct-12 12:02:41

Thanks trumpets, will pick up some chocolatehealthy snacks at lunch time. On a completely different note has anyone else considered/had a private scan?

woodysmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 14:45:46

i ahve a private scab booked for 13th octber will be 7+1/40. fingers corssed feeling relay worried they say nothing there! slthough MS has rampe dup this am so thats a good sign! anyone elese?

I'll get a viability scan at 8 weeks ish due to being high risk, with DD I had about 8 scans in all, with DS (who is a triplet as well as having a high risk mum!) we got to well over 25 scans before he arrived! I'm hoping it won't be quite so dramatic this time round grin

BFP yesterday afternoon EDD 14th June 2013

Hi folks, I introduced myself on the may/early June thread this morning but I always go overdue so I think I should stick to this thread. EDD currently 11th June, based on conception date rather than LMP because my cycles are quite long too. Last baby was 11 hellish days overdue, so may be due nearer the end of June.

Skinnydecafflatte Tue 02-Oct-12 16:46:37

Oh a few more people, t'is getting exciting, congratulations everyone. Thanks for the congrats too, it's nice to have some people to tell.
I feel the need to have more symptoms as I can't believe it is true. I am wishing I had MS to prove it, sure if it happens I will be saying otherwise though. It's hard trying to distinguish between normal feelings and pregnancy feelings, ie is the tiredness because of the little bean or is it just normal tiredness.
When do we need to tell the doctors? It's so hard trying to get an appoinment, should I book one for a few weeks time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now