Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 tentative start of thread

(997 Posts)

Hi, anyone else out there who may be at the very earliest point of pg? I haven't taken a test yet but feeling nauseous and tired and thinking this is it

MrsJLS85 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:15:31

Haven't told anyone because I've had 2 Mc's before 6 weeks, so I want to wait until after that point before I start telling close friends

Yes on pregnancy tablets with iron, and I was going to ask others about this, but and this is kinda funny, I've noticed since taking them my wee has gone like bright yellow haha like similar to if you have a Vitamin C or beroca... anyways please tell me if this is normal and happening to others...

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Fri 28-Sep-12 17:41:03

Welcome Wine, welcome Dreamy (and sorry to hear about your mc, you're in supportive company here). Welcome Jojoba! Wow so many new people, the lovely June board is taking off!

My mother's calling this one Juneberry. We've been calling this one "the egg" so far.

Jojoba, that's very interesting, thanks for asking Eddie. I wonder if having a doula would have counterbalanced any of that negativity? Anyone have any experience of that?

Mrs I have flourescent wee as well.

I've had an upsurge in sore boobs over night, very comforting. How is everyone else getting on with their symptoms?

Woddysmummy due June 1st
Eddieizardisorange due June 2nd (June 5th if dream is foretelling!)
MrsJLS85 due June 3rd
Frustratedsycamorepants June 3rd
Wineandcakeplease due June 3rd
Onemoreforgoodmeasure due June 4th
Dreamydays due June 5th
Jojoba1986 due June 7th
grin

Hello all waves I poas this morning, apparently we're expecting DC%233 on 7th June grin

I am t1 diabetic so high risk, I'm expecting to deliver at 38 weeks assuming we make it that far, which would actually put it in the last week of May - convenient for half term grin

OMG NOT dc233! grin just number 3! gringringrin

flutterby123 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:06:08

Hi, can I join you, just poas this morning and it says 1-2 weeks pregnant!!! Eek! So DC1 should be due about 5th June 2013. We are so excited, but it all feels a bit unreal. Don't think it'll all sink in until 12 week scan says it's okay.
I've got a silly question - what do I do now? When should I book a GP appointment?
Hope everyone else is fine!!!!

MrsJLS85 Sat 29-Sep-12 09:23:33

Welcome Rue and flutter!! and Congratulations!

Flutter you could call your GP for an appointment - all they'll do is 'put you in the system' which will register you with the midwives, and be reminded about Folic Acid and Vitamin C, etc, and you can ask any initial questions you may like what not to eat etc. Then closer to 8 weeks you'll receive an appointment to have your 8 week 'booking-in appointment' with the midwives. Theres alot of waiting around these early weeks - and they will seem to drag by lol!

Jojoba1986 Sat 29-Sep-12 12:07:24

Hmph. Am in need of a whinge! I'm 4+1 today & cramping lots! I ridiculously don't want to be upright in case gravity & cramps are a bad combination! Every time I turn over I feel like everything in my lower abdomen is sliding around! I'm not in pain as such, just aching & feel like AF is about to appear! I'm sure everything's fine, I'm just uncomfortable & had such an easy time with DS that it just feels wrong to have any symptoms!

Ok, whinge over! Sorry! blush

MrsJLS85 Sat 29-Sep-12 12:24:16

jojoba A few days ago I felt exactly the same way! Was 99.9% confident I was Mc-ing because the cramps were so awful, affecting my whole back and abdomen. But I'm now 4+5 and it seems to have gone. I'm sure in both our cases its just implantation. Fx!

Jojoba1986 Sat 29-Sep-12 13:24:33

Good to know, thanks! I've been reading up about 'bedding in pains' which sounds v much like what I'm getting! Unfortunately I'm not feeling overly rational right now so all the information in the world probably wouldn't help! Sigh! Hopefully it'll get better soon! smile

dreamydays Sat 29-Sep-12 13:46:35

Hello all! Congrats to the newbies - I love it that we're still at the start of the month so lots more will be joining.

Very interesting to hear the stories of home birth. I'd have loved to if younger but feel a bit more fragile now I'm the grand old age of 38 (39 at birth!).

As for symptoms, does anyone else have a strong metallic taste in their mouth? That and itchy nipples are it so far. jojoba like you I've had a few cramps, but only mild. Not all that aware of being pg yet!

Only symptom I have is increased discharge (sorry if tmi!). Hoping it stays that way...

Jojoba1986 Sat 29-Sep-12 15:52:06

Oh good, Rue, I'm glad it's not just me! grin

Cramps + dampness = paranoia

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 16:45:23

Had a paranoia moment that I was making the whole thing up so bought test. Still a bfp. Phew.

Jojoba1986 Sat 29-Sep-12 16:47:01

I've still got my BFP test on my dressing table & check it regularly just to make sure! grin

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 16:53:20

I dont do have any 4 in my bedside cabinet to check daily. blush in my defence I just wanted to poas again see it get darker. grin am I totally mad?

LadyFlumpalot Sat 29-Sep-12 16:53:34

Hello, I tested positive on Monday just gone. My period was due Wednesday so I am very early days!

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 16:56:07

Hi flump <waves> congratulations! I'm only early days too 4+5, I think most of us here are being tentative in these early days.
I'm clearly doubting my bfp since I just POASed again

LadyFlumpalot Sat 29-Sep-12 16:58:45

I've POAS 4 times since Monday! This will be my 2nd DC, I remember all the period pain type cramps from last time round, but I'm still worrying at every little twinge!

Hi! Can I join? Just did a test at 11 dpo and it was a bfp! Couldn't believe it at all. Due 10 June with #3. I had all these plans to keep it a secret for a long time and due to my profession (student midwife) I totally blabbed my big secret whilst at a birth last night to my preceptors smile Felt so exciting to tell someone though!

Very sore, heavy bbs, and already some round ligament pains with coughing. Also already picking up smells. Crazy how fast the symptoms come up when you know!

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 17:10:45

Oh trumpet the smells, that one is driving me mad. It's amazing how many everyday smell are suddenly repulsive.

dreamydays Sat 29-Sep-12 17:54:41

Hi flump my period was also due Wednesday so we may be at the same stage!

Congrats trumpets. The smells haven't hit me yet but I am beginning to lose my usual sweet tooth! For once I don't fancy chocolate!

I'm also holding on to my bfp stick, just to reassure me occasionally (but out of sight of DD and her avid curiosity).

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 18:35:59

I don't do still have my BFPs from both dds somewhere. Did you know a bfp can last 7 years?

Jojoba1986 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:33:09

Rofl! Frus that's hilarious! Do you still check them regularly just to make sure you didn't dream your DDs? grin
I'd probably have mine from DS if mean DH hadn't objected to the grossness of keeping wee!

Welcome Flump & Trumpets! Do add yourself to the list of due dates! smile

LadyFlumpalot Sat 29-Sep-12 21:36:12

June the 5th (I think) although, my last period was ... odd ... and I've been feeling a bit odd for a little while, so I wait to see if I'm actually further on than I think!

At least this one wont be born on Xmas day like DS!

FrustratedSycamorePants Sat 29-Sep-12 21:47:18

jojo no I don't check them anymore. They're in the attic stored in a box with my ttc/pg diary for dd1, first shoes, lock of hair, and various other keepsakes. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now