Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due December 2012 - 3rd trimester here we come

(1000 Posts)
gilsbubbles Mon 10-Sep-12 15:33:07

running out of space as fast as ever... here's a new link

ellliebelle Fri 28-Sep-12 21:39:40

Does anyone else find when they fall out with dh/dp every little thing they do pisses you off sad

Honey I never had a poo explosion make its way through baby best and sleep suit. Never owned actress protector until kids were out of nappies at night.

Friend, officially yes you should. Having said that I've been given a crib which was used for only 2 months by a friend and I'm not replacing the mattress. I am buying a new cot mattress though although that's mainly because the old one has been in my patents loft for 3 years

FriendofDorothy Fri 28-Sep-12 21:15:04

I have a question about mattresses. My sister is giving us a cot and there is also a mattress. Has been used a bit but is in great condition and as she put it "hardly sicked on".

Should we still get a new one?

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 21:08:56

What about exploding/leaky nappies?!!

I wouldn't bother Honey just pop a muslin across where the head goes to catch any sick

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 20:56:36

Whoops- silly phone....

Do I need to get mattress protectors/waterproof covers for Moses basket mattress and carrycot mattress?

I use Ariel actilift which is biological. And will continue to do so unless baby has a bad reaction but other 2 haven't and I never knew you were supposed to use non bio! Lol

You learn something new every day!

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 20:48:07

Do I need to get mattress protectors/eaterpt

emilyeggs Fri 28-Sep-12 20:18:52

utopian pick a non bio you like the smell of and wash at 30 as its only a freshen up wash. Softener optional although I wouldn't use it on things to mop/soak up stuff as it coats the fabric and it's doesn't work as well smile

kate obv your pharmacist DH is not a bad one who would try and refuse me 1% cream! Lol thanks for the info, so I should be offered the jab as I'm 28+5, although I have no appointment until 34 weeks now, so do you reckon they'll chase me about it? Or should I chase them? Oh bloody buggery I just need somebody to tell me what to do! Lol

Clarella Fri 28-Sep-12 19:37:11

Ah great news Kate, thanks!

ellliebelle Fri 28-Sep-12 19:30:18

spotty my braxton hicks are also uncomfortable sad take my breath away sometimes

kate thanks for the info on the jab i am totally clueless when it comes to medical things so at least feel a bit more informednow

HoneyMum21 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:28:53

I hadn't even thought about having to clean the washing machine before washing the baby stuff confused Eeek

utopian99 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:19:40

Kate that's great, thanks! Asked reception at the gp this morning and they had no idea!

On big babies - women in my family have large babies, so not fussed if he comes a tad early (after 38 weeks though..) don't like herbal tea though, so thinking freaky combo of curries/dates/sexy time to encourage arrival!

As i am a clueless first-timer, when should i wash any clothes and on what cycle/with what type stuff? Have been given second hand and new - do i do it all at once?

Secondsop Fri 28-Sep-12 18:56:17

kate thank you very much for that info about the jab - that's really helpful. Hopefully at my midwife appointment on Mon I'll be able to either get the jab or book an appointment to get one soon. The 4-in1 thing explains why my mum was going on about the diphtheria jab this morning.

kate2boysandabump Fri 28-Sep-12 18:29:10

I have news regarding the whooping cough vaccination. DH is a pharmacist (not altogether popular on here with those with thrush!!) he's had his e-mail from his PCT. Basically it says that all pregnant women between 28 and 32 weeks pregnant from now on will be offered the jab routinely at ante-natal appointments. Those who are past 32 weeks NOW will be offered it as well and those that are passed 38 weeks will be offered it at the onset of labour. The vaccine being offered is the 4 in 1 that babies get as part of their routine immunisations.

MaMaPo Fri 28-Sep-12 18:16:26

I also have a mouldy seal on the washing machine, but it's inside a fold so bleach/cleaner and a hot wash does nothing, as the mould stays put! I have just resorted to buying a new seal because I'm sick of my clothes coming out of a wash smelling musty, and I definitely don't want baby clothes to be the same. Now I just need to work out if I can replace the seal myself...

Definitely planning to get the whooping cough jab - there are some very distressing videos of babies with pertussis on the web, and there's no way I will reject a jab that will reduce the likelihood of this happening to mine or another person's child. There's an interesting article about pertussis jabs for pregnant women here (http://theconversation.edu.au/does-whooping-cough-vaccine-for-parents-protect-newborns-and-who-should-pay-for-it-6980) which talks about the cost of the jab and the difficulty of 'proving' effectiveness of cocooning (immunising the mother to help protect baby).

Right, so what should I have for dinner? Quite fancy making nachos...

Flumpy2012 Fri 28-Sep-12 18:07:04

What is wrong with me?! Totally emotional day. Just had big argument with EP over nothing really. My anger of him not caring and just walking away when he feels like it compounds me sometimes and I fall apart.

I tried to talk about his DS coming back into my life and what the plan is if we can't get along when DD is born. I worry because previously he's changed his number and refused all communication and I've been left feeling unarmed wondering what he's capable of next and didn't want that to happen again.

Oh god now I just feel crap :-(

PurplePidjin Fri 28-Sep-12 18:02:04

Kate, it's not the jab I'm worried about it's the timing of the reporting. Increasingly, stories like this becomes news when the government wants to distract public attention from something completely unrelated.

Just waiting for dp to being back burger and chips blush we have no food and we've both worked all day!

Stupid braxton hicks are really getting to me. It's not painful but annoying and uncomfortable!

Great news from the dr pidj I need to buy some non bio before I wash baby's stuff

Barbeasty Fri 28-Sep-12 17:35:02

I measured small at one point. DD was 9lb exactly.

I'm absolutely shattered, just waiting for my dinner to cook before I have to head out for my first NCT class. I hope I wake up a bit (and the others are as tired as me!)

Pidj- that sounds like a good plan. And great that you can mix like that.

Clarella Fri 28-Sep-12 17:33:22

The whole thing needs some pretty hefty damage limitation regarding gestation age pdq cos I imagine there's now some very worried pregnant women at 38 wks out there - tbh if the initial info went to gps last night they prob had to double up with a general release or risk it leaking and being inaccurately reported.

kate2boysandabump Fri 28-Sep-12 17:21:26

annelid I was like you, never measured big and wasn't told I was having big baby's. Ds1 was 9lb 11 and ds2 was 9lb12. So not quite in your league, but getting that way. I had 2 normal deliveries with G&A. I had a doppler scan at 38+5 with ds2 and they told me he was 7lb 10, he was born at 39+6, I don't think he gained more than 2lbs in a week!!!!!

Pidg Why are you suspicious about the jab? It's been reported in the news recently that whooping cough is on the increase, I've been worried about exposing my baby to it for some time. However, the actual vaccine programme seems to not be organised at all. I understand from another thread that GPs were only informed last night.

PurplePidjin Fri 28-Sep-12 17:15:25

I forgot to take out the drawer, it's gone all warpy and a bit brown blush ah well, whole thing lives in a cupboard so no one sees it! Baby's hospital bits are all in on a 30* quick wash to freshen up, will spin then blow on the line for an hour tonight grin

DD is 8 weeks exactly AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.