Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due December 2012 - 3rd trimester here we come

(1000 Posts)
gilsbubbles Mon 10-Sep-12 15:33:07

running out of space as fast as ever... here's a new link

Clarella Tue 11-Sep-12 17:39:47

Sorry to hear about that Utopian, hope you're ok. Id love to hear as had yet another horror story about nct the other night (though his wife - he's a gp - was quick to point out it was the two day cram it in course so they knew no-one there and didnt really get to know anyone and her husband has a particular hatred of whale and dolphin relaxation music. She also added it depended on the course leader and their classes were by the sea) My mum and sister had nothing but praise for the NCT!

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 17:54:45

Thank you kate I have replied (must warn you it's an essay) grin

pmgkt Tue 11-Sep-12 18:10:37

Ellie I have wind too and a couple of times today I have farted loudly in quiet places but didn't have chance to stop it. I just look around as if it was someone else

Checking in quickl[y.. Had a quick scan through.. Congratulations gils
<hugs> spotty
Have had major farts today blush

Has anyone else's stomach muscles separated yet? It's grossing me out....

itsMYNutella Tue 11-Sep-12 20:06:18

Spotty what happens when they do? I've noticed that in the last couple of weeks (really not sure when it started) mine have been rather useless hmm

Well when you tense, say when sitting from laying, there's a gap between them in a line from the middle of your ribs down to your belly button. Dp didn't believe him until I got him to feel!

itsMYNutella Tue 11-Sep-12 20:30:47

Weird.... Does anyone find out about all this stuff before they get pregnant? I'm guessing they wouldn't. Why, why does pregnancy have to do all this crazy stuff to me?
Things I knew include bump, sore boobs, back pain, leg cramps, skin and hair stuff, baby kicking (since it just made its presence felt grin) and errr childbirth.... But I think that was about it.... Jeeez I think I better go study confused

I never would have imagined all the things pregnancy can do! Errr hairy belly, what's all that about?!

itsMYNutella Tue 11-Sep-12 20:34:27

And OWWW just got a weird tingly pain in my boobs... Sort of from the sides in towards the nipples confused damn over sensitive slightly leaky nipples!

Maybe it's growing pains.... Which reminds me I need a new bra.....

itsMYNutella Tue 11-Sep-12 20:36:45

Yup, I have a hairy belly.... Slightly concerned my face might be hairy too.... But I try not to look too close in the mirror think about it.... So happy I'm blonde!

Bubbless Tue 11-Sep-12 20:40:34

checking in [hi!]

i go away for 2 mins and you guys finish a thread and do 4 pages on a new one?!!?

okay.. new query of the day- ive got thrush, not 'oh, thats a tad itchy' as in [run to the toilet because you want to rip your fanjo off at work' kinda thrush, what can i dooooo :'(

hope everyones doing okay, just checking in before i go to bed!!

Bellaboo123 Tue 11-Sep-12 20:47:20

Spotty hugs to you!
Gils big congrats!
Utopian WTF can they do that???

Just back from pregnancy yoga nice BUT it's not rocking my world am I the only one that thinks this...!

Got a stabbing pain near my belly button - get it quite often ouch anyone else???

27 weeks today gulp!!!

I've had massive farts for weeks - really loud, so unattractive but such a relief blush

itsMYNutella Tue 11-Sep-12 20:55:13

Bubbless I had an attack of similar mega thrush about six weeks ago - Dr prescribed me a weeks supply of tablets (not to be taken by mouth) and cream. But that was here in Germany... Not sure what you would get in the UK. But I highly recommend the Dr!
I was also told to keep using the cream for a week after the symptoms go because it can continue to live down there and then come back when you stop using cream [confued]

MyDaydream Tue 11-Sep-12 21:15:22

Spotty Not sure about the tummy thing, I think it's still all in one piece but will have to investigate when I go to bed. DP finds my hairy belly hilarious, I really wasn't expecting to become so hairy!
I went to find something to wear for my interview tomorrow that maybe didn't make me look as pregnant and ended up in a foul mood when I found out Matalan in my town doesn't stock maternity so couldn't get any bottoms, I had a whole outfit planned on the basis of Matalan stocking maternity. I let my rage out on some wanker who really did deserve it, but probably looked a bit unhinged. Didn't get any clothes, but did find a gorgeous coat in Sainsburys that will probably work not pregnant too so have told myself if I get this job tomorrow I'll buy it.

Bellaboo123 Tue 11-Sep-12 21:18:53

Anyone thinking of having a 4d scan???

HoneyMum21 Tue 11-Sep-12 21:29:33

We're thinking about it Bella - DH is really keen as the time between scan at 20 weeks and actually meeting LO seems so long and i think he feels more involved when he can see baby, if that makes sense. I'm keen too but if DH wasn't so hooked on the idea i'm not sure i'd be bothered.Are you having one?

I would quite like one this time but as I've already had five scans and I've got another four booked I don't think dp will agree grin

Bellaboo123 Tue 11-Sep-12 21:37:03

I'm tempted just thinking my a bonding perspective - its about £95 where we are, it's just justifying the expense!

Would be nice and nows the right time...hmmm so tempting!

PurplePidjin Tue 11-Sep-12 21:39:11

Daydream,if it's Sainsburys just put it on the reward points!

Barbeasty Tue 11-Sep-12 21:46:31

Daydream good luck tomorrow, and hope you get that coat!

Spotty Sorry about your DD.

Gils Congratulations.

COD How high were your iron levels at the start of your pregnancy? I know last time mine started high and as they drop I felt anaemic even though they stayed within "normal" levels. I think the same thing is happening now- despite still taking a daily pregnancy vitamin pill with all the iron I should need.

If you can afford it bella then go for it. I went to a friends and it was amazing.

Anyone else watching One Born and feeling really emotional?! Was sat bouncing on my ball farting away but now feeling a bit sad

spotty with you on the stomach muscle seperation, i've had it since 13 weeks - if i try to sit up using them my belly protrudes like a big triangle between them shock - it's not been so noticeable since LO has got bigger but still freaks me out - the advice is not to use your stomach muscles (though i can only imagine how useless they'll be at getting back into shape after confused, so roll out of bed rather than sit up etc it's very unladylike rolling around like an upturned woodlouse.

bellaboo trying to embrace the pregnancy yoga but it does seem a bit underwhelming i agree

and everyone with the wind issues - oh yes. i'm giving my 90 year old, farts at will, grandmother a run for her money with the regularity and resonance of mine. blush

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 22:07:31

barbeasty I don't actually know what they were I'll check notes in a min to see if she wrote them down. I always become anaemic in pregnancy but thought i'd done enough not too this time. It may just be getting back to the early school days, 4ds's and being 27weeks pregnant but this is extreme tiredness.

cherrypiew3 Tue 11-Sep-12 22:08:22

Hi everyonesmile

Gils congratulations

Spotty sorry to hear your news about your dd.

mydaydream We moved at the start of the year and I was told by the gp that we could not stay at the surgery due to not been in the catchment area any more we moved 10 mins down the roadhmm. Have you checked this they might not give you a choice to stay.

27+1 today and I feel like it is going really slowly anyone else feel like this?

This thread is not accepting new messages.