Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due December 2012 - 3rd trimester here we come

(1000 Posts)
gilsbubbles Mon 10-Sep-12 15:33:07

running out of space as fast as ever... here's a new link

Clarella Tue 11-Sep-12 11:22:32

My goodness a new thread already, just checking in and need to read up later!

PurplePidjin Tue 11-Sep-12 11:25:26

<passes homemade fruity flapjacks to sofa for Spotty>

You need a trolley minipie wink

It's a type of muscular dystrophy, I knew she had it but it's more real now. Rubbish.

Clarella Tue 11-Sep-12 11:26:10

Congratulations gils!

Sorry to hear your news spotty, and sorry I too may have missed what that means, big hugs to you xx

PurplePidjin Tue 11-Sep-12 11:27:50

<<hug>>

Clarella Tue 11-Sep-12 11:32:52

Oh spotty, does the genetic diagnosis help her management/treatment further or was she already getting support? I hope they've offered you support too. Lots of hugs Xxx

minipie Tue 11-Sep-12 11:38:26

oh spotty sorry to hear that. Big hug.

Well she already has physio so it will just be a case of the paediatrician keeping an eye on her. It's a progressive disease and she won't need any major 'treatment' (surgery) for over a decade hopefully. I just feel bad because it's me that's given it to her and I feel bad for dp! Anyway I want to make myself feel better by buying the pushchair but they're out of stock so can't grin we settled on a Sainsbury's breakfast though!

Secondsop Tue 11-Sep-12 11:58:02

gils, congratulations!

spotty sorry to hear your news. But don't feel bad about the genetic nature of it! Judging by the generous support you give others on this thread, your daughter couldnt have landed in more loving arms.

MyDaydream Tue 11-Sep-12 12:12:18

Gils congratulations!
Sorry to hear about your DD Spotty

Just weed all over my hands getting my sample ready for MW appointment.
Can I ask all you ladies who've moved/will be moving what your doing about your MW? Have you stayed with your current surgery to keep your midwife, or just moved to a more convenient surgery?

HoneyMum21 Tue 11-Sep-12 12:36:45

Sorry to hear the news spotty but like seconds said, try not to feel guilty (I know it's hard). And you really do seem so loving and supportive, your dd couldn't have a better mum

Congratulations gils thanks

And sorry to hear that spotty. It's awful when they're poorly but at least the hospital are aware so age can receive the best care possible!

I'm still not feeling right tbh. Just having a lie down as sitting at my desk is killing me. Doesn't help ds is home from school as something his dad fed him over the weekend has given him an upset tummy and he keeps having 'accidents'. So he's bugging me because he's bored!

LO isn't bothered though and is currently somersaulting which makes me feel incredibly queasy!

Does anybody else get a weird taste in their mouth after they eat? Never had this in pregnancy before but it's awful, not metallic but just bad. And it's after all foods, I have to brush my teeth every time I eat something!

knottyhair Tue 11-Sep-12 13:00:24

Just to echo everyone else Spotty, sorry about your DD but she couldn't have a better mummy xx

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 13:40:26

stacks thanks for asking, he's ok I guess although his problems affect him at school mostly as this is when he is expected to sit still so his teacher probably wouldn't say the same! I find his aggression hard to deal with as it's directed at his brothers if they laugh at him and it can be such a small thing. But his referral was sent off today so hoping to hear from them soon.

Just dropped ds4 off for his first day at schoolsad he was so excited but I still got a little emotional.

knottyhair Tue 11-Sep-12 13:48:57

COD, glad your DS is doing OK and hope that you get the referral back soon. Bet your DS4 is having a great time, but I remember that feeling well, very emotional.
Just had a Mothercare delivery of a top & tail bowl and pk of 3 cuddle & dry towels. Have also started Christmas shopping but only in as far as I've booked tickets for DP & I to see Mark Thomas in October and with dinner beforehand, that's our present to each other smile.

ellliebelle Tue 11-Sep-12 14:39:56

spotty sorry to hearvyour news about dd, try not to feel guilty she is lucky to have a loving anf supportive mummy. Are the odds high that the baby will hwve the same problem?

Congratulations gils sounds like a lovely proposal smile dh and i are going away next weekend without the dd's i know we are already married but i doubt there will be anything romantic planned. He's just not like that (much to my dissapointment) im just looking forward to the break to be honest hoping to stay in the room a whole day and be lazy and order room service smile

It's 50/50 so anyone's guess really! We could have the baby tested before birth but decided not to.

My dp isn't romantic either, I still haven't had a birthday present hmm and he's never cooked a 'proper' meal for me!

Stacey sorry you're feeling rubbish I'm still feeling pretty crappy, nothing specific apart from a headache and just generally yuck!

<off to eat dp's Maltesers>

MyDaydream Tue 11-Sep-12 15:20:52

ellie hope you have a great weekend away, my DP doesn't really do romance but I wouldn't trade him for someone who does!
Had my MW appointment today and everything is fine. She booked me in for a GTT because my BMI was just over the normal/overweight line when I booked in. When it says they take blood for it is it a big vial or just a finger prick?

WeeJo08 Tue 11-Sep-12 15:54:27

Spotty Just saw your news about DD - hope you guys are okay. Like lots of people have said already though, she is loved and looked after amazingly - by the doctors but also (most importantly) by her family

ISpyPlumPie Tue 11-Sep-12 16:03:07

Spotty - sorry to hear your news. Absolutely agree with what everyone else has said about what a great mum your DD has.

COD - hope you get some support for your DS too.

Stacey - hope you're feeling better soon.

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 16:05:14

spotty sorry to hear your news.

Well I've just been and bought myself some spatone and rearranged my bloods for this week to check my iron as this exhaustion is ridiculous and I can't function like it anymore. Hopefully that's what it is and within a week or so of taking it I'll be back to my normal self a little smile

Thanks everyone. I don't actually feel sad about it, although I'm sure I could manage a sob if I actually started processing it. I'm just going to try and keep her fit and healthy and encourage her to do sport because that's the best treatment for her smile

I feel ridiculously sick though confused

kate2boysandabump Tue 11-Sep-12 17:06:21

Spotty Sorry to hear your news, some days it's really tough being a mom sad Your dd is really lucky that you're the one standing with her supporting her.

Gils Congratulations!!!!

COD I haven't forgotten about you, my post became somewhat epic, so I've PM'd you. Hope that's OK?

I had a blood test today and my arm has swollen up and is killing me. It's our first Beaver meeting tonight though, so I can't even go to bed early. I shouldn't have stayed up to watch the tennis, I'm shattered.

ellliebelle Tue 11-Sep-12 17:19:04

daydream i wouldnt trade my dh either smile

eggs meant to ask what ou course you did?

Tmi but i have had trapped wind all afternoon and im majorly uncomfortable sad

utopian99 Tue 11-Sep-12 17:22:26

Just checking in briefly to say congratulations gils and sorry to hear your news spotty, and reiterate what others have said..

Our first nct group tonight which i am strangely nervous about, but will report back if anyone's interested?

Sorry to whoever asked about work for not replying - as am currently suspended and not been given any concrete reason for a week now I'm cagey about the whole thing..

This thread is not accepting new messages.