Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Due December 2012 - 3rd trimester here we come

(1000 Posts)
gilsbubbles Mon 10-Sep-12 15:33:07

running out of space as fast as ever... here's a new link

emilyeggs Mon 10-Sep-12 21:16:06

I have not stopped drinking water today and still feel thirsty hmm is this normal?

Bellaboo123 Mon 10-Sep-12 22:18:54

Hi all just marking my place!

Bad nights sleep too aching back and hips!

Haven't been on much lately as busy and having a crap time at work - work with a complete bitch grrrr!

Can't believe we're entering 3rd trimester now!!!

Booked our last holiday before baby is born tonight - gulp! Scary stuff!!! Can anyone recommend travel insurance that covers pregnancy?

HoneyMum21 Mon 10-Sep-12 22:57:58

Someone was saying on here a few weeks ago (sorry, can't remember who) that they thought they had a spot ahem down there but then thought it was a varicose vein... I'm having a similar issue, though not entirely sure what a varicose vein in that area would look like. If anyone would care to share experiences that would be much appreciated...

ISpyPlumPie Mon 10-Sep-12 23:22:25

That's what I was thinking about a bike - it's something he should have anyway, and I'm sure he'll just get caught up in the excitement on Christmas morning. Best start looking.

Eggs - depending on how tonight goes might have to take you up on the offer of Gaviscon. Think part of the problem last night was that I ate later than usual, and pre-DS we did eat our evening meal quite a bit later generally which might be why I suffered more last time. Fingers crossed it is something so easily resolved .....

2blessed Tue 11-Sep-12 04:10:14

I'm up with a heavy cold, back pain and a LO who thinks its party time! can't deal with being sick this week, packing to move into new flat next week. Off to sick sofa for a sob

Honeymum it was me. It's gone now but it looked like a bulging vein blush

I've had a crap nights sleep. Still got a headache and got to go and get dd's genetic test results this morning sad

EggsMichelle Tue 11-Sep-12 06:45:49

Good luck Spotty, is this the big appointment you Had been waiting for? All week my body has been threatening a cold, and I think it has finally arrived this morning, my face feels like it has had slime pumped into it!

Yes it is.

Oh I'm dreading getting a cold, poor you, have to have some vix, honey & lemon and lots of sympathy!

HoneyMum21 Tue 11-Sep-12 07:49:22

Thanks spotty. How long did it last for? Good luck to you and your dd this morning. Will be thinking of you.

It only lasted a few days so not sure if it was that or if it was just all the pressure etc?

knottyhair Tue 11-Sep-12 07:58:30

Thinking of you this morning Spotty. Sorry to those of you suffering this morning. Slept a bit better last night but still woke up about 4 times. Was going to attempt Davina's Pre-natal Workout this morning but my back is still killing me so I'm going to see how it is tomorrow.

ISpyPlumPie Tue 11-Sep-12 08:05:39

Morning everyone.

No heartburn last night so might be something in the not eating late apart from a yogurt before bed theory. Still didn't get a great night's sleep though as DS was unsettled - seems to be getting a cough - and LO also decided to make his/her presence very known (you have my sympathy 2blessed).

Good luck for the appointment Spotty.

gilsbubbles Tue 11-Sep-12 08:06:27

Feeling like the luckiest girl in the world. Little one it's very wriggly, lots of feet and elbows prodding me.
DP proposed and while we were away on a romantic weekend on the north coast, he took me out to pick an engagement ring grin
The next 10 weeks couldn't go fast enough but I'm not wishing them away for a change cause I'm so so happy right now!

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 08:07:41

Ok so I've been reminded how sleepless nights feelsad been up at least 5 times with moving baby/wee/toothache and restless legs not sure how much longer I can keep a sunny smile on my face today. Luckily it's ds's first afternoon at school today so may get some sleep later. smile

I also think I may be lacking in iron as becoming overally tired for over a week now.

emily I am also very thirsty and have been all the way through I think I'll mention it again in 2 weeks when I go back as it seems really excessive.

PurplePidjin Tue 11-Sep-12 08:14:32

Congratulations Gils thanks

knottyhair Tue 11-Sep-12 08:39:43

Lovely news Gils smile!

HoneyMum21 Tue 11-Sep-12 09:26:19

Congratulations gils

emilyeggs Tue 11-Sep-12 09:34:30

Congratulations gils and good luck spotty smile

ISpyPlumPie Tue 11-Sep-12 09:35:21

Congratulations gils - how lovely smile.

EggsMichelle Tue 11-Sep-12 10:39:52

Congratulations Gils!

WeeJo08 Tue 11-Sep-12 10:42:12

Checking in smile

Congratulations Gils thanks What lovely news! Enjoy this time, so special smile

Had more acupuncture yesterday - I do think it's making a bit of a difference, though still sore. Roll on holiday time next week!

Bellaboo It might have been me talking about travel insurance as we're going away. In the end, I remembered that I get free European Ageaes travel insurance with my bank account (Santander) so I called them up to check if I was covered and they said yes, as long as my doctor signed me off to fly (which I would have to do anyway) that they are happy to cover me. That's probably not very helpful, sorry.

We went to look at prams yesterday evening. A friend of a friend is selling a Quinny Buzz with carrycot and footmuff so we wanted to go and see it in the shop, then we'll go and see it "in person" next week. We really liked it grin so fingers crossed the actual one is in good condition. We're buying the car seat separately anyway.

Hope everyone who's poorly/sore is feeling a little bit better today brew

CODwidow Tue 11-Sep-12 10:48:20

Congratulations gils

Stacks Tue 11-Sep-12 10:50:02

Congratulations Gils
Good luck with the appointment Spotty
COD I was meaning to say last week - my brother has ADHD, so I can go over some of the problems he had at school if that'd be useful for you. How's your boy doing this week?

I'm also in the terrible night sleep club, but I've had it for a couple of weeks now. I can sleep from about 11-3am, then I'm awake tossing and turning the rest of the night. My back muscles just can't handle laying down for that long. I've found sitting up in bed, or walking around for 5 minutes to help, then I can get back to sleep for another 30 mins to an hour.

As for appointments, I've had hardly any! I saw my midwife for booking in at 10 weeks, then 16 weeks, 22 weeks, and I'm seeing her again next week at 28 weeks. This is my first baby, and I'm technically high risk/consultant led care (though the consultant has classified me as low risk, she can't 'discharge' me from her care).

Positive on the genetic test. Buggery bugger. Dd doesn't care though and it currently running around using my bra as a shopping basket hmm

Congrats gils how lovely for you, can you get your fiancé to have a word with my dp?!

minipie Tue 11-Sep-12 11:21:17

Congratulations gils! Lovely news smile.

Spotty sad what does that mean? what was the issue they were testing for? (sorry if I have missed earlier posts explaining).

I am grumpy today as my back is playing up, it's ok sitting and lying down but walking hurts on one side. Mum's advice is to ditch the handbag and use a rucksack - I suppose I probably should after all I already look huge and frumpy

This thread is not accepting new messages.