Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 Mk V: Lumpy bumpy witty knitters (patiently) await the bloom!

(979 Posts)
Chefette Fri 07-Sep-12 10:09:52

New one marchers sorry on phone and can't link! Will post title in our old thread x

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 18:15:46

Woo hoo so much happier just been to midwife and heart babies heart beat- she thinks my baby is an awkward monkey as seemed to be doing karate in there and was wiggling around a lot! She thinks girl based on heart beat as was rather fast so 2 more sleeps till we know smile

mandasand Tue 25-Sep-12 18:15:41

Cor, I've loads to catch up on! I've been reading but not posting in an effort to get book to press. (Grr, grumble…)

Possom you rock! (I would try that in French but, ahem, I've no idea what it would be! Tu es fantastique?! Not at all sure that's the right verb - looks Spanish! I got my 2012-13 group of students through and there are 17 not the usual 20 which makes me relieved re marking (although I'm only taking half the course before going on maternity leave, coincidentally just before the Roman part of the course, which I'm not so confident about teaching, kicks in - most convenient!) And they've shifted my tutorials from Reading to Oxford form now on which will be a big help. I love the OU!

Emus so sorry to hear about the date shift re house move - how annoying!!!

Zoey thanks well done on getting through it! You made it! Hope you got to hear the heartbeat to brighten up the day!

Poor ood - is pelvis better today? I'm hobbling like an old lady if it's any consolation!

Tramp nice frocks! I know I posted it in the other thread but for those who aren't there I am eagerly awaiting the following: www.asos.com//ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Spot-Skater-Dress-With-Belt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2542131 (though worried it's not going to keep me particularly warm!)

Funny is your big project over yet? Sounds horrendously exhausting!

Gummi I think I too will follow the hot water bottle tip for lower back. I never remember to do that!

Hello Tiddley - missing your frequent posts of old!

Flowery in our last rented place which was sparsely furnished we got loads of temporary stuff from Freecycle - sofas, tables etc. Some wasn't that lovely, but some really nice pieces too, especially if you like furniture 'do up' jobs.

Team yellow for me please!

Oh and 17 weeks today - yippeeeee!

Pink let me know if the Pieminister book doesn't have Heidi Pie. We got it from a random place on the internet. It didn't mention Pieminister, but it is clearly based on it! You'll have to let me know what you think of Atomic Pizza if you and the boys try it out! We nearly went in but it was early on in the pregnancy and everything veggie seemed to have goat's cheese on it, and I really, really fancied the middle eastern place up the road instead. We will go at some point - DH is dying to try it out!

Dame that is funny re Pieminister! Of course, Bristol…ahh. After I'd done in the Library today I swung by the best veggie butcher I've ever known (in the covered market for those who know Oxford). They do a massive range of great veggie sausages and some pies too. Got DH a steak and something one and is going to go nuts about it! I love surprises.

Sorry for the pause JoJo - yep be happy to PM you the recipe. My memory card is doing a weird thing, not letting me move or edit images from it. Says it's a permissions problem, but I have permission to read and write, so getting DH to sort it tonight. But yes - anyone who wants the bonkers lasagne recipe let me know (there's no way I'm typing it out - it's an essay!!) Am v. impressed with all your work on the house! Hope you are stuffing your face this evening before tomorrow's op. Be thinking of you.

Like the sound of the other recipes, esp. that baked squash with cheese, Ethel, and Thai yellow curry, Sheldon!

My bump is now definitely getting between me and the desk. Hmm, I am trying not to interpret this in an allegorical way.

New thread - how exciting!

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 18:02:35

New thread ladies: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1573105-March-2013-VI-cooking-crocheting-and-chit-chat

Apologies for uninspired title. And if link doesn't work it is ante-natal March VI

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 17:58:04

Zoey - what a relief it is all over. And I really don't blame you for being peed off.

So I went to John Lewis today (good bump friendly cardies and a few good coats, partic in Phase 8 btw) and I saw two dresses that I want. I have sort of convinced myself they would be bump friendly, they're def long enough and stretchy enough - but I'm not 100% sure. Let me know what you think.

www.johnlewis.com/354923/Product.aspx

www.johnlewis.com/338324/Product.aspx

Also - Toast dresses, which appear to be Jersey sacks this year, would look great on a lady with a bump but God awful on anyone else. HOWEVER the Toast jumpers, partic the wool roll necks are PERFECT for me. There's even an orange one. Downside, they're £130 raher than £30. (sigh) So back to the drawing board.

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 17:28:48

Glad it's all over zoey, and am liking your spirit wink

dame it's the Baby Vision place just outside Shrewsbury & a 4d scan with DVD, sexing (if wanted) and photos are £99 if booked before 30/09 (though for any date during your preg). Still expensive but less do than normal.

Gotta go but trying to be inspired for thread title. Anyone else? My preg brain a bit wilted...

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 17:26:29

Glad it's all over zoey, and am liking you're spirit wink

dame it's the Baby Vision place just outside Shrewsbury & a 4d scan with DVD, sexing (if wanted) and photos are £99 if b

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 16:03:38

Well funeral done and the old witch mostly stayed away but made it clear we wasn't allowed to the wake! Someone mentioned at least the MIL spoke to us to which I replied there is no reason not to as she is e only one who who done anything wrong! God I hate his family are such spineless jelly fish- they all know what she is like and fully admit it (as has don't it to ALL of them one by one) but they let her get away with it- I don't have that mentality and the Irish in me is too fiery to let someone walk over me!!!! Life is too short to spend it with people like that and I refuse to pretend to like people just because they are related- after everything she has done she will never be in mine or my children's life and the spineless one can bugger off too as have had enough!!!!

Sorry rant over !

Well finally rang midwife to book 16 week check as am 16 weeks tomorrow and she has manged to fit me in at 4.30 today which is fab so off there in a second and fx will get to hear babies heart beat too!

DH has agreed to let my mum come Thursday to sexing scan which will be nice as my mum is a start and always helps out and is there for us so it's nice to involve her in the fun bits as well smile

dameflamingo Tue 25-Sep-12 15:44:53

tiddley If I recall rightly you're in my neck of the woods - do you mind me asking where the 4D sale is taking place??

I have late 16 week MW appt tomorrow so hoping that I'll find out when 20 wk scan is. If they do it at 20 weeks it'll be wk comm 20th October but I've been behind by a week and a half with pretty much everything else so likely to be around the same time as you flowery.

Who will start the new thread I wonder??

I'm sneezing a lot. It's something to do with the blood vessels in your nose swelling up I think. It's annoying isn't it?! I also get bloody snot when I blow my nose in the morning. Pregnancy is so glam...

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 14:16:50

Hey there tiddles and wahoo for 4D scan.

JoJo - the sneezing has died down a bit for me now but it was so severe that I had no skin left in my nostrils - just red raw sore nose. I was moaning like heck about it at the time. Now I just sneeze violently a bit.

JoJoBella84 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:53:44

tiddley it was supposed to be this Friday but due to surgery I've changed the date!!
I'll probably get one in Aberdeen but really, really, want to have the gender scan so I'm trying to hold off for York!!!

JoJoBella84 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:47:02

gummi I'm just in overdrive I think!! I must be, the morning sickness has returned!!
Fx after tomorrow I settle down again. I'm not sure how to control the nausea when I'm hungry!! Nil by mouth from midnight - urgh!! I hope they get me in early!!
Does anyone else get the sneezes at the moment? I'm not sure if my dusting has gone down hill or I'm just more 'nose sensitive' but I'm having loads of sneezing fits. It can get quite painful so I'd hate to think how much it's going to hurt after tomorrow!!
Grrr I need my brain to shut off for a bit!

FloweryBoots Tue 25-Sep-12 13:46:03

Having a sneaking lunch time catch up at work. Very impressed by everyones culinery skills, I used to enjoy cooking but these days I never seem to have the motivation adn get stuck in a rut. Still not actually fancying anything at all which certanly doesn't help. WIsh my DH could cook, he jsut doesn't/won't. We had fish adn chips last night blush

My scan is 25th or 28th October I think. We're hoping to find out but we tried with DS and they couldn't see so even when there isn't a policy to stop them, it's not always possible!

House move stuff coming along here and starting to get a bit concerned about finding time (and energy) to get all the stuff we'll need - we've been in furnished rented places until now so need EVERYTHING! Where do you start?!

Must go, my next appointment has arrived early.

tiddleypompom Tue 25-Sep-12 13:41:10

Just popped on to say hi and you're almost out of space. Tsk.

Am also wearing the yellow jersey again though came very close to purchasing a knitted boden dress with chickens on earlier. I shall be ever so envious of those finding out though. Be interesting to see how the stats sit.

My 20 wk scan is on 7th Oct - thought you'd be first jojo as you're a week ahead of me, but I may be as yours is the day after. Eek. Hoping I start things off in a positive vein...

Loving the food chat - it has been a theme running through this thread I seem to recall, though to start with it was aversion and now we're (mostly) all chomping for England.

Did rigby come back? I have missed a whole heap of pages, though been admiring the cakes over on or FB page.

Right, off to wake my newly sleeping-though boy (tempting fate there). After a horrible couple of nights using sleep training (he cries, I cry), he appears to have settled back into a routine of 7pm to 7am - hooo-bloody-raaayyyy!!!

FX grin

Just booked by 4D scan for 23rd Nov. Didn't have one last time but there's a 'sale' on at our nearest place so I have gone for it. How exciting. Will have to look away at strategic point to remain on team yellow (or use one of tramp s modesty stickers)!

GummiberryJuice Tue 25-Sep-12 13:38:01

Bestlaidplans they give you a bottle of lucozade here for gtt, I'm dreading it I really don't cope with missing meals

GummiberryJuice Tue 25-Sep-12 13:30:56

Just flicking through my diary mine is actually the 30th possom, going to have to keep reminding myself,
Have Halloween stuck in my head because dd2 was due on 31st and I had my sweep with her that day, for some reason I keep thinking its a nice coincidence, when its 2 different days, doh, now I realise why dh was giving me funny looks when I said it to him

Goodness jojo your brain really is working through the worst case scenario, hopefully you sleep better tonight, and then my favorite motto, this time tomorrow you'll be all done or nearly there

JoJoBella84 Tue 25-Sep-12 12:15:54

Ooooh fab smile I may find out my team after all smile

Rainbowbabyhope Tue 25-Sep-12 11:50:58

jojo they do tell you gender in York if they can see it.

Good old NHS Grampian, jojo. Hope you get to find out in York x

JoJoBella84 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:05:57

My 20 week scan has been moved from 28th sept to 8th oct. still in York so I'm still hopeful to find out which team I'm on!! They may not tell me though - I don't know what the York policy is!! Aberdeen won't tell me sad
I had some really disturbing dreams last night about anaesthetic not taking and having 5 injections and still being awake!!!
Really freaked me out! Also the theatre was a ward at visiting times so it was loud and busy and lots of people were watching me. Very peculiar!
I'm having a strawberry milkshake for breakfast in the hope that it stays down. smile delightful!!

Gummi my scan is on the 31st of October too! :-S Is that an omen?! lol

BestLaidPlans Tue 25-Sep-12 09:50:18

Oh my word. Haven't had chance to catch up, and now I'm miles behind!

Tramp I had my GTT on Friday. They add a bit of lemon juice to the glucose here, but it's still not a breakfast drink I'd choose! Should get the results this week. Really hoping to avoid GD this time.

Loving all the squash based recipes, all mine got eaten by slugs this year - it's been like a plague of the gastropods round here. I got a decent amount of spinach and broad beans, but no courgettes or squashes and ONE tomato (and I don't mean one tomato plant!)

Promise to try and keep up better next time, with proper name checks and everything but right now I can hear my purse and handbag contents being decanted by a toddler shouting "uh oh!"...

GummiberryJuice Tue 25-Sep-12 08:40:40

Good morning ladies

my first thought was something to do with teams but wishful thinking on my part has Halloween closer as that's my 20 wk scan

Zoey really hope your mil stays away from you and dh at funeral and she doesn't create a scene sounds like she likes abit of drama if I remember your posts right.
Have you tried bringing a hot water bottle to work to put at your back while sitting, might help a little, I was lost last night without my wheat bag on my hip.

Emus forgot to ask in previous post where are you staying in Vegas, we stayed in the Monte Carlo on Honeymoon and then the Excalibur with dd1 she just loved staying "in a castle" but we did walk full length of strip walking in and out of the hotels, I just loved it

KFFOREVER Tue 25-Sep-12 08:25:04

Jojo very impressed with all the work you have done. Bit envious as ive only just started the washing up after everything was left to hubby.

Possum well done on getting through the exam.

Sleep? Shamefully ive slept for nearly 12hrs.

Oh tramp I think I might have to! wink

How we doing today ladies? It's wild out here, properly windy and miserable. Dreading going out to do the school run. Think I'll put my snowboarding clothes on for it!!! Oh dear! It's only September!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now