Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 Mk V: Lumpy bumpy witty knitters (patiently) await the bloom!

(979 Posts)
Chefette Fri 07-Sep-12 10:09:52

New one marchers sorry on phone and can't link! Will post title in our old thread x

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 17:58:04

Zoey - what a relief it is all over. And I really don't blame you for being peed off.

So I went to John Lewis today (good bump friendly cardies and a few good coats, partic in Phase 8 btw) and I saw two dresses that I want. I have sort of convinced myself they would be bump friendly, they're def long enough and stretchy enough - but I'm not 100% sure. Let me know what you think.

www.johnlewis.com/354923/Product.aspx

www.johnlewis.com/338324/Product.aspx

Also - Toast dresses, which appear to be Jersey sacks this year, would look great on a lady with a bump but God awful on anyone else. HOWEVER the Toast jumpers, partic the wool roll necks are PERFECT for me. There's even an orange one. Downside, they're £130 raher than £30. (sigh) So back to the drawing board.

theTramp Tue 25-Sep-12 18:02:35

New thread ladies: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1573105-March-2013-VI-cooking-crocheting-and-chit-chat

Apologies for uninspired title. And if link doesn't work it is ante-natal March VI

mandasand Tue 25-Sep-12 18:15:41

Cor, I've loads to catch up on! I've been reading but not posting in an effort to get book to press. (Grr, grumble…)

Possom you rock! (I would try that in French but, ahem, I've no idea what it would be! Tu es fantastique?! Not at all sure that's the right verb - looks Spanish! I got my 2012-13 group of students through and there are 17 not the usual 20 which makes me relieved re marking (although I'm only taking half the course before going on maternity leave, coincidentally just before the Roman part of the course, which I'm not so confident about teaching, kicks in - most convenient!) And they've shifted my tutorials from Reading to Oxford form now on which will be a big help. I love the OU!

Emus so sorry to hear about the date shift re house move - how annoying!!!

Zoey thanks well done on getting through it! You made it! Hope you got to hear the heartbeat to brighten up the day!

Poor ood - is pelvis better today? I'm hobbling like an old lady if it's any consolation!

Tramp nice frocks! I know I posted it in the other thread but for those who aren't there I am eagerly awaiting the following: www.asos.com//ASOS-Maternity/ASOS-Maternity-Spot-Skater-Dress-With-Belt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2542131 (though worried it's not going to keep me particularly warm!)

Funny is your big project over yet? Sounds horrendously exhausting!

Gummi I think I too will follow the hot water bottle tip for lower back. I never remember to do that!

Hello Tiddley - missing your frequent posts of old!

Flowery in our last rented place which was sparsely furnished we got loads of temporary stuff from Freecycle - sofas, tables etc. Some wasn't that lovely, but some really nice pieces too, especially if you like furniture 'do up' jobs.

Team yellow for me please!

Oh and 17 weeks today - yippeeeee!

Pink let me know if the Pieminister book doesn't have Heidi Pie. We got it from a random place on the internet. It didn't mention Pieminister, but it is clearly based on it! You'll have to let me know what you think of Atomic Pizza if you and the boys try it out! We nearly went in but it was early on in the pregnancy and everything veggie seemed to have goat's cheese on it, and I really, really fancied the middle eastern place up the road instead. We will go at some point - DH is dying to try it out!

Dame that is funny re Pieminister! Of course, Bristol…ahh. After I'd done in the Library today I swung by the best veggie butcher I've ever known (in the covered market for those who know Oxford). They do a massive range of great veggie sausages and some pies too. Got DH a steak and something one and is going to go nuts about it! I love surprises.

Sorry for the pause JoJo - yep be happy to PM you the recipe. My memory card is doing a weird thing, not letting me move or edit images from it. Says it's a permissions problem, but I have permission to read and write, so getting DH to sort it tonight. But yes - anyone who wants the bonkers lasagne recipe let me know (there's no way I'm typing it out - it's an essay!!) Am v. impressed with all your work on the house! Hope you are stuffing your face this evening before tomorrow's op. Be thinking of you.

Like the sound of the other recipes, esp. that baked squash with cheese, Ethel, and Thai yellow curry, Sheldon!

My bump is now definitely getting between me and the desk. Hmm, I am trying not to interpret this in an allegorical way.

New thread - how exciting!

zoeymlucas Tue 25-Sep-12 18:15:46

Woo hoo so much happier just been to midwife and heart babies heart beat- she thinks my baby is an awkward monkey as seemed to be doing karate in there and was wiggling around a lot! She thinks girl based on heart beat as was rather fast so 2 more sleeps till we know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now