Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 Mk V: Lumpy bumpy witty knitters (patiently) await the bloom!

(979 Posts)
Chefette Fri 07-Sep-12 10:09:52

New one marchers sorry on phone and can't link! Will post title in our old thread x

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 10:15:50

Thanks chef

Chefette Fri 07-Sep-12 10:20:18

Spot the mistake in title blushblushblush can't work out how to fix it!!!!!

tedmundo Fri 07-Sep-12 10:28:48

Ahh it doesn't matter hon. We know where we are. Just hit "I'm on" anyway!

doodle .. Shuddering at your workload. You poor thing. I projected managed a huge project just before going on mat leave with ds1. I was proud that at no point did the bump stop me doing my work...

UNTIL ... One day project issue after project issue was raised with me. The straw that broke the camels back was a typo on a folder name (so actually nothing bad) but I burst into tears. Real, snotty, sobby tears. I feel a heat of shame even now when I remember. Sooooo unprofessional!

Today ds1 at school, ds2 at Pre-school and I am foot loose and fancy free until 12. Ironing or mumsnet... Hmmmmm???

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 10:40:56

ted I love ironing... Send it this way!!

Sheldonella Fri 07-Sep-12 10:53:40

Ironing? <shudders> Is this something I will have to do in the future? grin
chef I think you can ask MNHQ to change the title of the thread. Don't think it matters though (I didn't notice).

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 11:15:17

Some one on a previous thread mentioned that girls 'steal your beauty' I'm definitely having a girl... There is no other explanation as to why I look this shocking today. 17 weeks tomorrow... Where's the bloody bloom???! I want to look and feel fab! 3 mornings of coming has left me with a blotchy red rash around my neck and lower face.... And around my right eye (I look like Ive been punched!). Blotchy face, really dry skin, horrible nails, out of control hair which is still malting like crazy (luckily my hair is thick so I'm not going bald)! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, if I stamp my feet will it make it all better?

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 11:17:19

3 mornings of coming?? Ooh er blush I meant vomming... Shhhh

Sheldonella Fri 07-Sep-12 11:17:45

I'm having a girl too then smile

tedmundo Fri 07-Sep-12 11:19:33

I actually love ironing too (don't tell DH) and am watching big bang theory while I do it. Heaven.

3 mornings of coming .... ? <snurk>

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 11:22:16

I love the big bang theory smile its my one tv weakness... Even though I own all the box sets (not watching season 5 until LO arrives so I have something to do at 3am when BF! I still watch them on e4 every daysmile

OodHousekeeping Fri 07-Sep-12 11:24:34

Am mning from McDs near Chester. On our way to Wales for the weekend.

zoeymlucas Fri 07-Sep-12 11:27:27

I am really starting to think this 'bloom' is an urban bloody myth to be honest!!
Jojo if stamping feet helped I would be radiant about now - my nails are amazing and I have grown them for the first time ever but the rest is falling apart! I too have dry skin, out of control hair thats falling out at a stupid rate - not to mention the spots that have appeared on face! Even the bags under my eyes have bloody luggage now they are that bad!

Sheldonella Fri 07-Sep-12 11:32:22

I love BBT (if you can't tell). I too watch it on E4 every day while I eat my dinner.
My wall stickers have turned up and they are so adorable. Also now have a copy of the mumsnet rules which I'm looking forward to reading smile

Lexiindisguise Fri 07-Sep-12 11:38:14

marking my place! smile

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 11:38:45

sheldon I did wonder if the name was related!! I think season 5 has been my fave so far smile I need to order mine, have been looking on eBay too as the ones I want to order are about £18 a pack. Such a cute design though!!

DoodleBugBee Fri 07-Sep-12 11:52:28

ted I love loathe the irrational snot-bubble tears over the tiniest of issues at work. Bah.

I have been informed that tonight is date night. Lordy - we're going to see the new Bourne movie and my only concern is that the last time I saw a Bourne movie was 5 years ago on our 4th date and I fell asleep in the cinema. At least now I have an excuse if I don't make it...! At least it is a fine excuse for icecream.

JoJo I'm going to copy you on the BBT season 5 boxset and save it until the Lentil is here for late night feeding - I love BBT smile

Anyone managed to make it into the sun yet today?

sarahs999 Fri 07-Sep-12 12:41:41

Look at us on thread five already. What a bunch of chatty women. Or us that work avoiders? grin

Just heading into work after a nice antenatal appt with my consultant; got to see baby in a quick scan and all looked good. Phew. She is def of the opinion that I will have a cs at 38 weeks so I guess my due date is now in feb sometime. Still not sure when though as hosp are dating me at 14+1 but I know I'm 13+3. I suppose we'll deal with that later down the line. Very tempted to bunk off work and enjoy sunshine but I've hog do many pg appts coming up I think I would be pushing my luck...

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 12:47:06

dumb question but hopefully some of you IT savvy may be able to help me... I'm back on my laptop but have somehow managed to zoom out on my screen so this page is so difficult to read being so tiny... how do I zoom back into the page?

GummiberryJuice Fri 07-Sep-12 12:48:24

Well done chefette

Tramp if its Newcastle its either Slieve Donard, which I have stayed in, and views from spa area are stunning, or the Burrendale my cousin works there.
When in Newcastle you HAVE to go to Mauds cafe and get ice cream, it is yummy, if feeling exceptionally bad get a moose mix, loaded with calories but oh so good

Right need to catch up with previous thread,

I threw upthis morning and my boots pregnancy tablets with added ginger tasted vile on the way back up, sorry tmi, but this the third time will have to go back to basic folic acid I think

DoodleBugBee Fri 07-Sep-12 12:57:57

Jojo hold down Ctrl key and press + key until it becomes bigger smile

JoJoBella84 Fri 07-Sep-12 13:01:53

wahey, thank you doodle, I was really straining my eyes!!

confuddledDOTcom Fri 07-Sep-12 13:01:57

JoJo, try Ctrl 0

My mum is complaining at how little I'm eating, I really just can't eat it hurts my stomach, I swell up (all my jeans have been let all the way out!), get windy etc, so I told her at least I'm not being sick so I am actually getting some food into me. Had a lecture about taking vitamins but I don't want to add to the concoction they already have me taking. Which reminds me, I've not been given them yet but I'm sure I will, but is anyone jabbing themselves been given chalk?

I've reported the thread and asked very very nicely if they'll change the name. Because the people at MNHQ are so lovely and wonderful, I'm sure it'll be no problem for them.

dameflamingo Fri 07-Sep-12 13:11:44

Hello all, great thread name!

jojo ctrl and + at the same time until it reaches the size you want might work if confuddled's suggestion draws a blank. Oops just spotted that doodle beat me to it.

confuddledDOTcom Fri 07-Sep-12 13:16:48

It should reset it, maybe it doesn't work on all browsers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now