Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - the ten week countdown

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 04-Sep-12 10:37:29
Evilwater Sun 16-Sep-12 18:03:34

I'm bored on the train, so what can I do???
Mm1 get a take away!

Evil

daisychain76 Sun 16-Sep-12 18:08:06

All this talk of food is making me hungry - hospital portions are not large! Glad you are ok shelly and feeling better tits. Had a fed up day as 1st day in hospital without a visit from Dcs, blood pressure going up and really fed up of each doctor/midwife tellling me different things. Hate not being sure what‘s going on

Evilwater Sun 16-Sep-12 18:14:21

Daisy is the hospital ok? Anything funny happen yet?
How are you coping with the boredom?

pikz Sun 16-Sep-12 18:15:10

Afternoon all. Hope everyone is now having a relaxing Sunday. Have just caught up on the last 3 days on here. So sending all those who are having a tough time a big hug.

5 weeks left at work now...starting to think it can't come too soon...am feeling the tiredness now.

ShellyBobbs Sun 16-Sep-12 18:15:58

Thanks Daisy I thought I might end up in the bed next to you on Friday, I even looked up your real name on fb lol grin How are you doing, any updates? How far along are you now?

NervousAt20 Sun 16-Sep-12 18:27:31

Aw daisy sad have you got anything like a kindle or iPad to help you pass the time away?

33 weeks today!

horseylady Sun 16-Sep-12 18:33:55

Hugs daisy!!! Hope you're getting some visitors too!!

I feel exhausted. Hoping it's just a lack of food. Have been taking my correct dose of iron too rather than what I want to take just in case!!!

Two of the piglets died sad well got squashed I think.

Am having vege sausage and mash for tea!! With bread and butter!!

We have Moses basket and cot bed!! Then he can sleep in the pram bit if we stay anywhere will then buy a travel cot when and if we need one.

Right tea time.....and starving!!

StuntNun Sun 16-Sep-12 18:35:25

Don't forget the new thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1565312-November-2012-but-thats-the-month-after-next

YW what is in Jamaican roast chicken? I bet it's yummy.

YW I had heard that a tear heals better than a cut because the edges join together better BUT my mum (who's a health visitor and sees a lot of women immediately post-baby) says she hears of too many third or fourth degree tears where they're left wondering whether the woman will be fully continent when she heals so she reckons an episiotomy would be preferable. That's just her opinion though so don't take it as a medical fact. Her comment on the tear healing better was that you see people with awful ragged scars but when you have an incision made you usually get a nice clean scar. Don't really know what to think but I'm not going to decline an episiotomy if one is medically necessary. Mine didn't heal that well last time, one of the stitches was pulling after a couple of days and had to be taken out but as scars go, I have plenty that worry me more! My caesarean scar is lovely and neat, you would have to look hard to see it but that may be because I had staples rather than stitches.

I'm having a very quiet mini-rant to myself about my FIL who was telling me of his plans to ship their piano over to my SIL. It hasn't been tuned for years and is currently in a garage so I suggested that it should be tuned before moving to make sure it is in a good enough condition to move. He doesn't want to because he thinks it will need to be tuned again after it has been moved. I don't want to get into an argument on the pros and cons of piano tuning but I'm annoyed that he was basically telling me that my opinions on the subject of piano tuning and moving were useless. The fact that I have been playing the piano for 29 years and moved my own piano from Manchester to Antrim apparently do not give me any knowledge on the subject. I'm currently out of favour with the in laws for some reason probably because I don't do all the housework leaving their son with no chores to do and I'm a bit sick of being put down all the bloody time. Twunt.

horseylady Sun 16-Sep-12 18:49:25

Stunt, as another piano player I wouldn't tune pre move. I would get it checked out though without a doubt!!!

I own an electric piano now which doesn't need tuning!!! It's fab absolutely love it!!

I'm always out of favour with the fil lol only because i tend to tell him as it is. He's not used to that!!

Tea was not big enough, which means the mince pies may get opened.....should have cooked more than two vege sausages.....

ShellyBobbs Sun 16-Sep-12 19:09:13

Horsey sad for the piglets

Stunt Ball to him, I wouldn't waste my brain power, but make sure you give him a shoulder shrug next time he asks you anything.

horsey poor piglets, how did they get squashed though? <confused!>

Ds was knackered after the walk earlier and think he's either not well or starting to get his v back molars through so he had calpol and was asleep within about 4 mins.

ValiumQueen Sun 16-Sep-12 20:35:52

Darragh Ian John xxxx. Thoughts please.

ValiumQueen Sun 16-Sep-12 20:36:19

Ian and John are Grandpas

StuntNun Sun 16-Sep-12 21:27:56

Horsey I have played that piano and in my opinion it may be damaged beyond economic repair especially as it is currently in a garage. I was trying to subtly get them to get a professional in to look at it before they go to the expense of shipping it to Scotland. It hasn't been tuned for years anyway so it will take at least two tunings before it stays in tune. Tbh I'm not bothered whether they take my advice or not, it's more the fact that any words that come out of my mouth are worthless.

Elizadoesdolittle Sun 16-Sep-12 21:58:36

Well I'm back from my child free trip to Marrakech followed by a weekend away with family. Had a wonderful relaxing time but I'm feeling quite knackered quicker these days. We went out to eat a lot but I could barely stay awake past 10pm. And as we were eating later I got really bad heartburn at night. Not even gaviscon could fix it which normally does the trick for me. It's nice to be home and comfy on my sofa in my PJ's.

DD's starting pre-school tomorrow so will give me a chance to finally sort out the nursery. It's a mess. I've started to go through all DD's clothes and pull out the unisex stuff so it's a start. I don't have as much as I thought but I'm not going to buy too much as if I have another DD I'll have tons of stuff and if I have a DS I'll enjoy buying boys stuff for a change. I have enough to be going on with for a week or so.

I think we've sorted out names. Girls name is pretty much sorted and boys names are narrowed down to a choice of 4 I think. Although I have to say I'm not in love with the boys names. DH completley veoted my favourite and none of the others seem to measure up but I'm sure I'll grow to love one of them in time.

I haven't had time to read through the thread properly so hope eveyone is ok and all pregnancies are continuing as they should. I can't believe I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, yikes!!!

TheDetective Sun 16-Sep-12 21:59:52

I'm currently sat in my car in the foulest mood ever thanks to d fucking p. One job I asked him to do while I was at work. One fucking job and he hasn't bothered to do it. It's always the same. Never remembers to do what is asked.

I can't go in the house I'm too angry. I'll just explode.

Wouldn't mind but it's something he could easily have done, but I'd find difficult, what with being 33 weeks pregnant you know......

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

GTbaby Sun 16-Sep-12 22:03:50

Just been to my mums and been looking at the baby shower gifts. Bought back a few nappies n wipes so I can pack done baby stuff. My Mums going to wash the clothes so those can go straight into bag.

Cant decide on what to pack for me. In terms of nighties. Bought some night shirts. Tried one on today n it's tight around tummy. So not sure if they will fit straight after birth? I know tummy won't go flat but will it get a little bit smaller, or shud I buy bigger nighty?

horseylady Sun 16-Sep-12 22:19:39

Pigs are big, piglets are tiny. It's quite common in the first few days to have a couple of squashed ones. She's a first time mum too.

Stunt what you're suggesting sounds sensible, but if he knows too much don't waste your breath any more. It's his money. I need to speak to O2 tomorrow before dh and fil completely kill one another. I'll get no thanks for that.

Detective hugs!!! Breath......

Gt I have no idea what happens to the belly or how fast it reduces. I guess it goes squishy rather than the hard lump it is ATM.

daisychain76 Sun 16-Sep-12 22:21:40

Funnily enough shelly l was keeping an eye out for new arrivals, just in case! I think the hospital is fine overall and dh has bought me in my laptop to keep me entertained. l just got fed up this morning when a junior dr ( who had clearly not read any notes) seemed to imply l might get to go home when consultant has made it clear l wasn‘t before. I felt it was getting my hopes up with no reason as they‘ ve had to increase my bp med and apparently my protein levels are still high. Still, 32+1 today which is good.

gt to be honest l would get the loosest, lightest nightie you can ~ you will be hot and there will be lots of visitors wandering about the ward.

TheDetective Sun 16-Sep-12 22:27:10

Still in car angry.

I'm cold sad

StuntNun Sun 16-Sep-12 22:29:33

GT a day or two after delivery your tummy will be like a loose empty sack, it's hilarious! But it shrinks back to firm very quickly, especially if you breastfeed as that causes contractions that help the uterus shrink.

TheDetective Sun 16-Sep-12 22:48:51

I'm in the house. Dp now outside and locked out after he punched the glass window in the front door in a strop.

Arsehole. I'm crying sad

Passmethecrisps Sun 16-Sep-12 22:51:52

vq I like that. We are also planning to use grandparent's names.

I suppose the thing with piggies is the same as we would were we not educated and able to take action. Will she notice two are gone I wonder?

Finished my book so time for sleep.

Passmethecrisps Sun 16-Sep-12 22:53:02

sad detective

Passmethecrisps Sun 16-Sep-12 22:58:50

Bye bye 10 week thread.

This thread is not accepting new messages.