Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - the ten week countdown

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 04-Sep-12 10:37:29
blonderthanred Tue 04-Sep-12 22:41:55

7 weeks here, looks like mine will turn out to be an October baby after all (but I'm staying put here)

StuntNun Tue 04-Sep-12 22:52:28

Kissy if it's not sore I wouldn't worry about it. A bump from a trolley isn't in the same league as falling over on your belly. Unless you're rhesus negative, do you have to get an injection after injuring your bump?

kissyfur Tue 04-Sep-12 22:55:14

Ok thanks stunt it's not sore now no, and I don't have any rhesus injections. Baby still moving round lots smile

LittleLolly Wed 05-Sep-12 06:52:15

7 weeks and 5 days for me! Eeek, it's very close now!!

Lilliana Wed 05-Sep-12 07:45:26

10 weeks! How did that happen?! Not sure I am ready.

Kissy I'm rh- and they said that if I bumped badly enough to need an injection I would probably have a bleed / other signs I had done something so if baby is moving and you don't have any huge bruises/bleeds I would think you are ok.

YellowWellies Wed 05-Sep-12 08:42:42

Aloha just parking my fat arse....

<Plonks sizable bum on the sofa and settles in with a massive piece of cake>

Morning all, just about caught up with things after a busy few days! The wedding we went to this weekend was lovely, and it was nice to show off my bump rather than just feeling a bit podgy. Couldn't really dance though, more like swaying on the spot while DP did his stuff around me!

We started our NCT ante-natal classes on Monday, our trust offers one 3-hour session which I've been told is pretty useless from everybody who's been to it. I really enjoyed the NCT first session though, informative and practical. There are 8 couples in our group, and everyone seems lovely, and they all seem to have the same paranoid thoughts as me which is reassuring!

It's all getting a bit close now isn't it ladies! 10 weeks 5 days for me...

10 weeks and 2 days eeeeek!!

YellowWellies Wed 05-Sep-12 10:17:03

10 weeks and 5 days! (That's right if I'm 29+2 isn't it?, fecking brain theft going on by a foetus... have been robbed)....

Brockle Wed 05-Sep-12 10:17:04

10 weeks and five days and seriously counting. DS1 at school and two extra days with DS2 before he starts school. Not good to be hormonal when your littlest is about to start school. Pretty sure I will be crying buckets!

I got a widgey pillow from ebay and a new cover with my birthday money. I always get a bad back when I breast feed as I stoop so I am hoping the pillow will help.

Off to make a playbox for Zak to take to school. Homework already!

Yes that's right yw. I'm 29+5 so three days ahead of you and I've got 10 weeks and 2 days to go.

MissMummy1 Wed 05-Sep-12 10:28:14

Is anyone doing aquanatal? I'm desperate to do it but can't find classes anywhere :-(

kirrinIsland Wed 05-Sep-12 10:29:17

9 weeks today!
My bump seems lower today, I think the baby must have changed position but I'm not good at picking out where she is and what's what. She might be head down though as I have a "heavy" feeling in my pelvis when I'm walking round?

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 05-Sep-12 10:30:48

I have been trying to fit aqua natal in but am struggling fr time. Love it!

<slopes off reluctantly to moving house jobs>

kirrinIsland Wed 05-Sep-12 10:31:43

No aqua natal near here either missmummy - I did it a couple of times last time round but the class dwindled to nothing and eventually stopped altogether. Shame, it's about all I feel capable of at the moment.

kissyfur Wed 05-Sep-12 10:35:39

10 weeks today to my c section date! So exciting, can't wait to meet my little one grin

MissMummy1 Wed 05-Sep-12 10:36:20

I'm doing preggo yoga and love it but really keen to try something water based other than swimming and DH has banned me from scuba diving. Might need to ask my mw on Tuesday as the one advertised in my baby pack apparently stopped running 3 years ago when the pool was demolished! Worrying...

YellowWellies Wed 05-Sep-12 11:08:50

If anyone is wondering about how their wee one is lying - check out the spinning babies website and get recording kicks using their system. At my desk today, on my notepad I've scribbled a circle with a cross through the middle of it (to represent the quadrants of your belly) and I make a mark whenever I feel a big kick, a little wiggle (likely a hand), hiccups (tell you where the chest is), a bulge / pressure (likely either bum or back) and after a few movements it can give you a good idea of how they're lying. Today I think baby is head down, with back curving to the left, bum at the top and legs and hands quite close together on my right hand side. It's really good fun!!!!

I want to do Aquanatal up here but given it's 4.30 over in Kirkwall and I'd need to leave work at 3 to get there - it's just not feasible. The time is universally loathed as useless by both Mums that work and Mums that have kids already. Sigh. Might take Thursdays off and go to it.... will see how I'm feeling. Anyone going? Is it worth doing?

WaitingForMe Wed 05-Sep-12 11:33:57

10 weeks tomorrow for me!

ShellyBobbs Wed 05-Sep-12 11:40:02

Detective On your advise earlier in the thread I phoned up a midwife who said not to worry and Monday night I called at an antenatal drop in session and was thoroughly checked. One said possible migraine, the other said it might be due to standing up (even though I did tell her the trigger was bright lights and it happened once when I had been driving and the car in fronts brake light set it off).

I feel a bit more shit today and really can't get my breath at all. I'm that bolloxed I can't even be bothered to put a chair outside to sit on.

Horsey I know exactly how you feel, yesterday I had half a peach and a small plate of spag bol, I'm having to force feed myself fruit and am going to have a tin of peaches for my dinner hoping the syrup they are in will give me some energy. I just feel sick most of the time lately.

I've put my work bag upstairs where I NEVER keep it, think this may be a subconscious sign that I'm going on leave after the sick note runs out, that'll go down at work well not.

Right, to catch up on the second half of midwives, a lot of those places last night looked like ones I've been to at work, I knew exactly how she felt knocking on doors of vacated properties.......

daisychain76 Wed 05-Sep-12 11:45:08

9 weeks and 3 days here! DCs first day back at school so mad start to the day, but now it feels really quiet all of a sudden...

Wow, seeing how long we all have left is really making me excited for when the little people start arriving! I can't wait to hear birth announcements (although not for a few more weeks please!)

ValiumQueen Wed 05-Sep-12 11:57:19

Sorry you are rough Shelley. Can you get signed off until mat leave starts? I would, as you are clearly not right thanks

I could not get my breath this morning. I had to get DD2 to nursery by 8, take DD1 to breakfast club for 8.30, buy petrol and get DH to work by 9, all with a lot of driving inbetween. Not sure if it was anxiety or the baby being up high, but I just could not breathe. Horrid. Just been pottering this morning. Need to collect DD2 at 1, DD1 at 3 and DH at 5 so not so hectic in reverse. So much for resting.

I called the tax credits. Review still not completed, so still cannot update, so still have no idea how we stand with them. Not helping with stress levels.

ShellyBobbs Wed 05-Sep-12 12:11:24

Thanks Valium, I think that's the plan secretly in my head, I know my doctor won't have any problem at all with signing me off for an extra 4 weeks, just need to dig about regarding sick pay first though sad

Tax credits! They make me so mad, they cocked something up with us and said we owe £2 000, hubby went mad and they are checking it all as it was something they had not recorded at all, in the meantime we are down a lot a month. Be nice if we got a refund around the end of October though so not pushing too hard. It's the most ridiculous system ever and you get told completely different things of everyone you speak to when you phone up.

ShellyBobbs Wed 05-Sep-12 12:11:51

*off

This thread is not accepting new messages.