Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

shagged out viroids volume 5 - proving that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:51:28

Hello and welcome to the shiny new thread for Just Shagging graduates! smile

[[www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1546396-Shagged-Out-Viroids-stats-thread Our stats thread is here.] (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

Good luck with the travelling pineapple

No snow here, but I am in the CIs, so snow is incredibly rare for us. Off to Scotland right after Christmas so hoping to see some snow then!

I had my appt with the GP today - blood pressure is quite low, but other than that I am in perfect condition. Nurse took what felt like LITRES of blood from me, then gave me the flu jab which wasn't the best start to my day, but at least it was over in one go.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 13:40:55

pineapple have a good trip. Like the idea of visiting 'far easy'grin

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 13:41:50

Oh, no snow in Edinburgh. Surrounding areas have had some. I love it...need to get my butt in gear and purchase some new snow boots.

tiredteddy Wed 05-Dec-12 14:37:01

A dusting of snow here! Had midwife this morning. Baby's heartrate was racing at 180! She sent me out to wait then retested and it was 140 then climbed 150,155,158. She said not to worry as when they do a trace babies are like this and it can up to 190 and back down again as they move etc. But of course I am worrying now.

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 19:13:53

I'm sure you just have a very active baby teddy. grin

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 19:24:58

I'm starting to get really nervous about my scan tomorrow. Don't want to go in on my own, but can get a babysitter for ds. Don't think dh will be allowed to have him in the scan room?

tiredteddy Wed 05-Dec-12 19:33:26

Is the 12 week one? Here they say no children. Maybe if they everything is ok they might then ask you DH and DS in? Are there any friends that could help out?

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Wed 05-Dec-12 19:43:13

Yep, 12 week scan. I think it would be pretty sensible to have a no children policy to be honest. The scan is before 9am, so not the easiest time to get a babysitter for.

WingDefence Netherlands Wed 05-Dec-12 21:24:05

Hmm, how old is your DS curiosity? Could you take a book, cbeebies mag, iPhone etc etc to keep him happy for a short while? It'll not be very long.

I'm frozen as I went to watch my old team play netball against our sister team (both teams from my church) and blimey it was apparently -5 tonight! shock

Just got back to catch up on a bit of tonight's Masterchef and then a relatively early night smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Wed 05-Dec-12 22:21:10

Curiosity I had to take DS to my appointment with me because he was off school due to very last minute illness and it was either take him/cancel the scan. I also took my mum with me and they waited outside for the measurement bit but then the sonographer went to get them when she'd finished. They saw just as much as I did because whilst she was measuring she didn't speak to me/show me anything anyway. Fingers crossed you get it sorted one way or another. Hoe you enjoy your scan btw!

It's been freezing here today (DS fell on some ice on the way to school this morning) but no snow as of yet.

Feel absolutely exhausted but have only just finished sorting out some work issues. Going to head up to bed and try and get some sleep (despite the work issues and pregnancy insomnia). Hope you all sleep well. <Sleepy emoticon>

Persuasion Thu 06-Dec-12 11:27:19

Hey guys, I've been lurking somewhat with nothing to post but keeping up with all your antics!

I'm around 10 weeks now, and had my booking appointment yesterday, and the midwife managed to hear the heartbeat with a doppler, so lucky to catch it so early! The bit I'm most pleased about is that she told me that she'd give it a go because I was so slim grin
The caveat to that is I've been so nauseous I've lost a kilo in the last 2 weeks.

pineapple I hope you're having a good trip.

It's my first pregnancy so I can't really help with child at scan issues, although I can see why it's sensible not to have them in the room, just in case there's something wrong (although fingers crossed that's not the case for any of us)

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 06-Dec-12 12:47:19

Successful scans! Got six amazing pictures and three scans due to uncooperative baby. It kept just facing the screen and dancing about grin It's meant to give you a better scan if you have something sugary first? Never heard that before, but went away and ate a mars bar. Then the baby decided to lie in the traditional position.

Ds {15 months} kept everyone entertained in the waiting room. Probably gave a couple of first timers the fear of having a toddler. They let him and dh come in after the measurements were taken. Really pleased grin

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 06-Dec-12 13:02:57

Oh, meant to say. Measuring 3 days ahead of my calculated dates. Big baby? Hope not!

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 13:13:15

Hi Persuasion!

Glad the scan went well Curiosity smile

Who's going to start the next thread? Are Manda and Tired the furthest along?

tiredteddy Thu 06-Dec-12 14:48:47

Yay great scan news curiosly and nice Xmas name too by the way. I'm in the lead at 34 weeks I think yes wing but not sure about starting threads I only ever use my phone. manda cone back we need you! blushgrin

CuriouslyChristmassyColaHam Thu 06-Dec-12 16:24:21

Thanks teddy. Someone gave me the name on a Christmas thread.

34 weeks, little teddy will be here in no time grin

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 16:43:47

Well in the absence of Manda and Something, I'm next and as we're getting close to the end, I'll set it up (on my work laptop shock). Hope that's okay?

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 06-Dec-12 16:46:25

Hi, hope you're all well.

Congrats on the scan Curiously

I've been told that I am not immune to Ruebella (German measels). I am seeing my mw next week, so hoping that this is something that I can be vaccinated against asap. I don't want to Google what happens to babies who catch it in the womb, but I know it's not good.

tiredteddy Thu 06-Dec-12 16:52:11

Yay wing thanks! I'd blame the pregnancy brain but I think I just don't get thread making really. It's adding the links that scares me! Ha ha!

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 17:29:53

New fred over HERE!!

Bit fiddly with all those fred links but I think it's fine. Don't know what my boss will make of all the shagging and shagg out references on my site addresses! confused grin

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 17:34:40

Blimey child how did they find that out? Did you not have the jab in the 2nd year (if my old brain remembers correctly) at secondary school? shock

ChildOfThe1980s Thu 06-Dec-12 17:57:47

They found out from my normal bloods at 12 weeks. I had immunity when I was last pregnant, but apparently it ran out. I did have the innocs at the right age, yes.

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 18:18:25

I didn't know immunity to something could run out. Gosh - you learn something new every day sad

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 18:59:48

Post number 999...

WingDefence Netherlands Thu 06-Dec-12 19:02:33

ONE THOUSAND! Hurrah!! grin grin grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.