Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

shagged out viroids volume 5 - proving that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:51:28

Hello and welcome to the shiny new thread for Just Shagging graduates! smile

[[www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1546396-Shagged-Out-Viroids-stats-thread Our stats thread is here.] (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

Awww a pink bump! How lovely!

wing thanks! We picked it as its unique but not to " out there" sounds posh to just incase he ends up being prime minster if it is a he haha!

Next scan a week on Saturday and then I have my midwife on the 20th. How are the JSers getting on?

mandasand Sat 08-Sep-12 00:28:40

Welcome, rivergirly! Nice to have you aboard our little ship! Stats thread link below if you'd like to add yourself.

Yes, I do feel quite relaxed about stuff now, Tired! Now am well into second trimester and have told boss and more people it's all becoming a bit real! Seems crazy that there will be (all being well) two little people to nurture and love in just a few months time. Wow - really, utterly amazing.

I have had many a wet weekend camping Tired but never a fortnight think I would have given up and found a B&B by then!

Ohhh, the cords are amazing wing! I thought they would have fallen down a bit after wearing for two days straight but staying up just fine. Have to get DH to help get them off tho. ("Drainpipes?!!" he said, showing his age!) Glad you had a good hols.

Had a lovely night off tonight. Dinner in our local and a massage from DH. Feel very happy :-) Tho is strange having a massage half lying on my side!

Practisingparent Sat 08-Sep-12 08:05:52

Hi all! Been a while! Im now over 7 weeks.

something loving the names. My sister has a theodore (except french pronunciation)

frying Im a bit envy of your girls name, that is lovely!

Wing very wierd hearing you stressing about work and then taking a weeks holiday (like 2 different people). We are jetting off to Barcelona on Tuesday, need to find some time to pack!

Got a busy birthday weekend ahead (I got my BFP before my birthday after all). Work do this afternoon, then dinner out with friends this evening (think I might end up spilling my news, unless I can find a way to order cranberry juice in a wine glass, so everyone thinks Im having wine!)

Church sunday morning, but rushing back for a HOME VISIT from the midwife, then picnic out with family.

Manda I got some lovely maternity clothes in Matalan, but cant really justify wearing them yet! after my holiday, I plan to dig out all my stuff from last time round. I bought a coat which saw me thru the last pregnancy (but its not maternity) It just had a couple of buttons under the bust and then swooshed out over bump. And you are really warm with a bump in front(like a mini oven), so you may not need a huge one to cover all! HTH

Practicing, you could order appletizer in wine glass. That's what I did first time around

mandasand Sat 08-Sep-12 09:32:07

Ooooh Practising, I hadn't thought about Matalan! Good idea! And good tip about the oven-in-front, ha! Wonder if it'll be hotter with two babies 'cooking' in there?! Happy weekends everyone - tis lovely here!

toffeesam Sat 08-Sep-12 10:46:05

frying Arya is a lovely name I would love it for a little girl. It is popular in America at the mo because of the books. DH has used it on our rabbit, feel cheated as recyceling a pet's name onto your child is a bit hard on the kid smile

wing very envy of north wales being so close to you, i spent all my summers there til i was 16. might have to make the effort to treck over there befor the end of the year.

hope every one is well. I have just progressed past neausa to the exorsist stage. feeling rubbish.

told my faculty manager yesterday, she is very excited and was just interested in what i needed to help me. She got a little emotional because my line manger is off and 5 1/2 months but has been keeping it queit because her scan showed cervical cancer. the treatment has worked and baby is fine, but we are all still concerned. she is back on monday so we can have a good old goss.

tiredteddy Sat 08-Sep-12 16:06:22

practising my best friend just got me some leggings and tops from matalan and they are lovely quality. A navy t shirt with little Daisy's all over it's lush. Enjoy your birthday and midwife visit sounds like a lovely weekend.

toffee sorry you are feeling do bad. I was very sick and rough this time round but seem to be better at last. Are you in the stats thread yet? Do you have any dc already?

Just been and pushed loads of doubles and dicided on the baby jogger citi mini double

Practisingparent Sun 09-Sep-12 06:45:41

frying that is a good idea, but its the ordering in front of everyone else that was the problem. As it is i think i did pretty well. There were a few of us meeting at one of the girls house and having a drink before we left, so I took an old bottle of bubbly and half filled it with shloer, and just said Id finish that. Then once we reached the restuarant, I accepted a glass of champagne but didnt drink it. then later I ordered a g&t at the bar with just tonic in it, think I just managed to pull off one heck of a covering act! I then woke up really early this morning as I usually do when I have drunk too much, and had to double check I didnt actually have any alcohol!

manda and tired The clothes are lovely in matalan, sounds like I got some of the same stuff as your friend. i also got a lumberjack type maternity shirt with ties at the back, and then saw one of my colleagues wearing it (she is not pregnant as far as I know). Mine are neatly folded away and will not be disturbed until after my holiday!

something had a look at that city jogger (good choice) but does it get through the doors? Im wondering if can get away without a double buggy, dd will be 2.2 when baby comes!

mandasand Sun 09-Sep-12 07:38:35

toffee so pleased your manager is thrilled for you - perfect boss-response! your poor line manager though - pregnancy and a cancer diagnosis? crikey, I'm not sure I could cope with those two things at once, but it sounds like she's being well looked after. FX for her.

well done practising on the alcohol-fooling! I ha a bottle of 1% cider the other week (the night of the 12-week scan, to celebrate) and I had a right headache the next day! I've been enjoying the odd sip of my husband's beer when in pubs, but nothing else, even tho MW said the odd glass of something is totally fine.

I am becoming quite an expert in double prams and my goodness they are big! not just width, but also in length. one of our favourites so far is www.oxfordpramcentre.co.uk/product_Out-n-About-Nipper-360-v2-Double-_5111_0_index.php, but in the new model which is 72cm wide. the thing is, it's really long, presumably to get the stability on the three wheels, but it's birth to 4 years old, and it is light as a feather and turns corners like a dream. there's another, more rugged one, which would be good for towpaths and is a fraction less long, which we're also toying with. I was in a small shop the other day where a family had left their single buggy right in the middle of the shop, meaning you couldn't actually get around much … I thought, grrr … and then remembered the chaos I'm going to cause with a double buggy from February and was a bit more charitable!

I am sooo off to matalan! irking this morning, then a birthday lunch, then lottie … hmm, then shopping?!

toffeesam Sun 09-Sep-12 09:50:44

tired & Mand thanks thanks

This will be my first child, so the information i am getting on here is invaluble. Don't live near any family and only one friend knows (she has never been pregnant). don't want to get that personal with my faculty manger, so no pregnancy advice local.

Great to know there are good maternity clothes out there, cos muy DM and DSIL both just undid the top buttons on their jeans, so they are gonna be rubbish fro advice.

tiredwhat is a stats thread?

toffeesam Sun 09-Sep-12 10:23:04

Scratch that I found the stats thread. put myself on there. smile

Guinea glad there is someone in the same city. might be asking for locals advice, as i have only been here 2 years and this will be DC1.

Hope every one is feeling good today.

mandasand Sun 09-Sep-12 17:53:01

Fab, there's nine of us on the stats thread now! And I'm still not sure everyone's on there yet - brilliant!

tiredteddy Sun 09-Sep-12 17:59:04

Yay our group is growing. grin

DH and I have spent the weekend de-cluttering. It's a grim task as we are both generally messy and like to leave things to the last minute. But our house is very small and we need to make space. Hope everyone's had a happy weekend. wink

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Sun 09-Sep-12 18:15:01

Hi all. Haven't posted for ages as this week seems to have been manic.

We went to a natural parenting fair yesterday which was really interesting, then birthday party in the afternoon. Today consisted of Church this morning immediately followed by another birthday party. I now have 2 very tired children and I'm absolutely shattered!

Got my scan date, its 11th October. Seems like ages away but at least I have a date now. Work's not going to be very impressed though. Teaching starts at the end of September. I have to miss the first lecture for DSs CAMHS appt. The week after I'll have to leave my seminar early and miss the lecture for a follow up hospital appt and the week after I'll miss the whole morning because of my scan/consultants appt.

Toffeesam its nice to see someone else in Leeds. Whereabouts are you? We are West Leeds. Which hospital are you booking/booked in to?

mandasand Mon 10-Sep-12 07:23:49

Morning ladies!

Tired, sounds like you both need a pat on the back! It's great once it's done / getting done isn't it? I'm desperate to sort out my wardrobe and chest of drawers (which was at bursting point before I got all the mat. clothes!) and my study so DH can come and join me. Big jobs tho!

Guinea what kind of things do you get to see at a natural parenting fair? Was it worthwhile? Sounds interesting…Yay for your scan date!

WingDefence Mon 10-Sep-12 09:31:11

Practising well done on your subterfuge! A tip someone gave me when I had a big work black tie formal dinner and was only 11 wks pregnant was to take the wine and put it to your lips every so often as if I was drinking it, but it only wetted my lips IYKWIM.

I'm so glad I don't have to be thinking about double buggies! As DS will be 4.3 when MiniWing arrives I'm even hoping we will be able to get away with not having a buggy board but I'm not sure about that...

Back to work this morning. I've opened my email inbox but haven't had the guts to look at it in detail yet. I need to work up to it hmm DS went back to preschool this morning and was moaning about it as if it was him who was going back to work! grin

WingDefence Mon 10-Sep-12 09:32:30

Oh and Guinea did you get my payment details for my PC order? And I'd like to hear about the natural parenting thing as well please.

I remember going to a reusable nappies event when I was pg with DS and was full of good intentions but then Pampers do their job very well so I never started with cloth nappies! blush

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 10-Sep-12 09:56:12

Yes I know what you mean about cloth nappies Wing. I too was full of good intentions with DS. Never even contemplated it with DD though!

The Natural Parenting fair had people who gave advice about natural or intuitive parenting (as opposed to routine-based parenting etc). There were baby carrier stalls (like slings) which I'm a HUGE fan of anyway. There were also some really interesting birthing people there - independent midwives, home birth support network, hypnobirthing practitioners, lots of complementary therapies and stuff. Plus some alternative ideas about education, like Montessori and Beechtree Steiner. It was really good. Plus I won a reflexology session in the raffle!

We have never had a buggy board (always thought they were a good idea and meant to get round to getting one) and to be honest I think there were only a handful of times when I have thought I needed one. Otherwise I expected DS to walk when DD was born (he was 3) and DD mainly refuses to go in the pushchair now anyway (she's 2!) so figured I'll get away without one with DC3. Suppose it depends on how far you have to walk though? School is only 10-15 minutes away so not too bad.

Wing I got your payment details thank you.

Yeah it fits through standard doors and is only a few cm wider than my single ( my4) I pushed the donkey ( to heavy and tips to the heavier side) the baby jogger city select ( DS attacked the front seat) the iCandy peach. ( at 8 months nearly DS was nearly to big for it and he's a small baby! And we pushed the mountain buggy duet but I don't like it. Can also have a carrycot On the city mini

tiredteddy Mon 10-Sep-12 13:18:56

It sounds like a really good choice something I had mutsy 4rider with the boys but don't think it will fit in the boot anymore if we use 1 seat up for ds1 as 3 booster seats won't fit side by side in our car. I suppose it's a good excise for a new pram wink

<waves to all>

Yesterday we had my son's first birthday party. It was lovely. His actual birthday is on Wednesday so I'll be a wreck.

Today I heard the heartbeat! Just one smile Dh heard it and loved it. Flipping love my Doppler

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 10-Sep-12 19:42:58

How many weeks are you now Frying, can't remember when you can start to hear the heartbeat. Do you own it or are you renting one?

tiredteddy Mon 10-Sep-12 19:49:56

Hope the party went well frying any special plans for weds?

mandasand Tue 11-Sep-12 05:54:55

Thanks Guinea for explaining about the Natural Parenting fair - sounds really good and I'd be interested to go to one. Though everything I've read about twins suggests that you need to go down the routine route, else you'll never get a wink of sleep, hehe!

Yay for DS's birthday party and new baby's heartbeat, Frying! An exciting week!

Things going well here. Bump has exploded in size and feeling a bit nervous! Am only 15 weeks today! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.