Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

shagged out viroids volume 5 - proving that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:51:28

Hello and welcome to the shiny new thread for Just Shagging graduates! smile

[[www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1546396-Shagged-Out-Viroids-stats-thread Our stats thread is here.] (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

Congrats to you notso. Am VERY jealous to hear about seeing the ducks on the frozen millpond *wing". Sounds like a busy weekend... I had a very busy day yesterday, and then spent this morning getting a roast together, and cleaning out the rabbits, before spending the afternoon in bed crying. Must be the pg hormones I think. DCs are sound asleep now, and just settling down to watch some tv with DH. Hopefully nothing too much emotional will come on or I'll be bawling again!

notsoold Sun 02-Dec-12 20:27:34

Thanks all!!!
I hope it sticks sad poas on FMU and still faint positive....
wings yes that is my and my very old decrepit fella!!! smile

Trying to be good and saving my last frer for the 4th (if things goes well!!) but a cheapie one (you know from poundworld etc, does not count does it??? Poas in the afternoon and nothing sad and then after 10 minutes got a faint positive. I know that the test was a 20 thingy, so trying not to get disheartened...( kind of hard!!)

Have a wonderful week!!!

Pineapple80 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:00:04

Evening ladies! What busy weekends you've all had! Sound slike toure all well. waves - I hope you're feeling better, I have been teary on an off lately too and I just don't know what will set me off! It's freezing isn't it?! Are any of you getting snow yet? None in London that I can see yet...

You're all probably sick of hearing about my packing but we are almost done. I need to fil out the. Paperwork and insurance details tonight and tape them all up. And they get collected tomorrow! I can't believe we are really leaving!

Oh and my scan is Tuesday morning!! shock

tiredteddy Mon 03-Dec-12 13:24:58

Hi notsoold welcome. Hope everything is ok for you? Have you tested again today or are you waiting til tomorrow?

pineapple sounds like you have the packing under control, well done. Scan tomorrow that's really exciting you must report back.

Pineapple80 Mon 03-Dec-12 13:39:27

Definitely will tired! Hope youre all having a good day smile

tiredteddy Mon 03-Dec-12 13:52:35

Thanks pineapple I am having a quiet day. We spent the weekend with the in laws. Nice pub meal on sat. Then fil and DH took the boys out round willen lake and to the cinema while mil and I hit MK for Xmas shopping. Was lovely but I'm so tired today. Also DH needed the car today so I'm walking to school in the yucky rain! Never mind. Nearly the end of term.

notsoold Mon 03-Dec-12 14:23:35

hi all!!!
tired Yes i did poas this mornig using my last frer!! Still faint +ive ...I do not know if I should stress. also poas on a IC (20miu) and again a faint positive....
DH reminded to be happy for today, but as tomorrow is when AF is due I will feel better in ...let me see...9 months??? smile
Does the school term finishes early for you hun??? Here is 21st December and them DH and DS will be home eating like starving wolves!!!
pineapple well done ith the packing!!! I hate it almost as much as I hate unpacking... when is the move?
I think I still quiet hoping for the best outcome (as if)...smile

tiredteddy Mon 03-Dec-12 16:02:35

Ha ha notsoold it's 21st here too I'm just wishing the weeks away grin

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Mon 03-Dec-12 20:52:36

HI all. Welcome and congrats notsoold - fingers crossed for everything.

Well done on the packing pineapple and you absolutely must come and tell us all about the scan, enjoy it!

I have had a very busy weekend consisting of working, working and more working (hence the lack of MNing). I had a very important deadline today and needed to finish a fairly hefty document. It ended up being nearly 26000 words in the end and I sent it at 3pm today!! Hooray. Think I may celebrate with a small wine

I also celebrated by buying myself some new boots - they are Gore-tex so fully waterproof, superwarm, pull-ons (getting increasingly important!) and adjustable (I have really narrow though not so much at the moment calves so boots usually flop around my leg and look ridiculous. They are from Clarks and, best of all, were in the sale. Is it really sad how excited I have got about warm and comfy and boringly sensible shoes? Is this old age? hmm

DH has a job interview tomorrow so I have been summoned downstairs to help him prep for it. Hope you've all had a good Monday.

p.s. I am counting down the days until I stop teaching this week (hurrah!) and then waiting until the onslaught of the Christmas holidays begins (it's the 21st here too)

Pineapple80 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:34:08

Wow 26000 words guinea! You have been working hard! Ha ha and can relate to comfort coming first, I go for flat comfy boots too, I am hopeless with anything heeled!!

notsoold - still have everything crossed for you! If it helps, I did not do a test till 1 week after my AF was due, because I knew if my test was faint eat I would worry a lot. I know it is n uncommon for it to take a while for HCG to climb up in the early few days/weeks. I was a but silly and tested for the next 4 weekends after my BFP and at 8 weeks my test was fainter than my 5 week one! After reading up I found out HCG can get so high it makes the tests go funny like that. Anyway, hang in there smile.

Boxes have been collected now! Now to sort out

Pineapple80 Mon 03-Dec-12 22:34:56

suitcases etc before we fly out Wed morning!

tiredteddy Tue 04-Dec-12 10:50:37

guinea well done on that paper it sounds like a lot of work in your job. It's a long time since I've written any essays and I don't miss it. The boots sound great to me, they will get you through the winter for sure!

pineapple can't believe you are flying out so soon. Hope you get online quickly and let us know you are settled. Are you buying? Renting? Staying with friends to start with? Very exciting for you.

Pineapple80 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:59:59

Scan update! All is well and baby is measuring 11 weeks as I expected. We are both very happy and relieved and good news before we fly tomorrow! The private scan place is very good (London Ultrasound Centre) and thorough, professional and we got 5 pictures grin.

Got to run as we are in a hurry to do last min packing etc now. Have a lovely day all x

StuckOnTopOfTheChristmasTree Tue 04-Dec-12 13:03:24

Thats great news that all was well with the scan pineapple, isn't it lovely to see the baby!
Bon voyage for your trip - hope the flight is good and its quick to settle in your new home.

Well my routine flu jab today and it turned out to be more than I bargained for. I met my doctor for the first time and she was lovely, but given that i have 3 minor issues which on their own are not serious for a pregnancy, when all added together she wanted to be extra cautious. This means I've had to have some more swabs taken and I've been recommended to use a midwife led unit that is in the hospital rather than the one that is standalone but closer to home. (I never wanted to give birth at home because the mess would probably stress me out more!) Although shocked it wasn't a routine 5 min appointment I feel like I'm being well looked after which is a good feeling.

WingDefence Tue 04-Dec-12 15:32:30

Pineapple are you feeling excited or nervous about the move?! Congrats on your scan - please do take it easy on the flight etc, keep exercising in and out of your seat, fluids up etc <concerned friend icon> grin

Stuck at least they'll take good care of you and you may get extra check ups and scans?

Looked around the second of the two village schools today, the one I'm really keen on but DH isn't because it's catholic he prefers the other one. It wasn't meant to be this difficult!

Hope you're al having a good day and are keeping warm. Lots of hail here today and the first snow fall on the fells behind our village!

Pineapple80 Tue 04-Dec-12 15:41:28

Thanks stuck! I hope all is ok with you - looks like thy are taking extra precautions with things though which is good. Is the other hospital much further away for you then? I guess it doesn't t really matter if it means being taken care of more.

tired - we will be staying with in-laws for a while before we move into the house we bought recently! Very excited! I will most definitely be on MN even when back in Oz smile.

Pineapple80 Tue 04-Dec-12 15:43:27

Aww thanks wing I will! I have my flight socks ready for the flight as well. Feeling a little sad but also excited at the same time. It's all happening so fast, I'm trying to take it all in.

tiredteddy Tue 04-Dec-12 15:45:34

That's sounds good pineapple so glad everything went well at the scan too x

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 04-Dec-12 15:55:34

Glad everything went well at the scan Pineapple and you got five pictures - brilliant! I really hope the flights/transfers are ok and I'm only a little bit envy about the warm weather you'll be enjoying soon (she says sitting in her snow boots - which are exceptionally comfy btw good old Clarks grin)

I would actually really like it to snow here Wing. DH sent me a link to the webcam they have at the ski resort we went to a couple of years ago before I completely buggered up my knee and it looks so lovely. Just in case any of you want to share the torment, you can see it here I miss skiing <big sigh emoticon>

DH is out tonight so I have a night of catching up on all the TV he refuses to have on in the house when he's in dislikes. The kids are going to bed early I think wink

Pineapple80 Tue 04-Dec-12 16:55:28

Enjoy your tv shows tonight guinea. I always like having the telly to myself as DH is a chronic channel flicker! Grrr!!!

Forgot to mention today after the scan we walked thru Marylebone and saw a big contingent of news vans, paparazzi camped outside the King Edward Hospital & realised they must be there because if the Duchess if Cambridge. I feel for her, being so ill and not getting any privacy. And having everyone know she is pregnsnt already so early on. But... I guess they are who they are and the attention is unfortunately expected.

CuriosityCola Tue 04-Dec-12 19:34:51

Eek..this is the first time I have been able to get on here since the new iPhone app was released.

Congrats on the scan pineapple and good luck with the move. I look forward to regular updates about fabulous weather. Where is my jealous emoticon when I need it?

All good here. Scan on Thursday. Have I missed anything? We are going to need a new thread soon.

Pineapple80 Wed 05-Dec-12 07:52:23

Goodbye for the next few days ladies! On our way to Heathrow now. Stay healthy and happy and may touch base when we stop over in the far easy or when we are in Oz smile, take care!

Pineapple80 Wed 05-Dec-12 07:53:09

^far East

tiredteddy Wed 05-Dec-12 09:12:14

Hope the journey goes well pineapple chat soon! wink

WingDefence Wed 05-Dec-12 10:32:49

Good luck Pineapple grin

Anyone got snow today? Nothing up here in the NW but it is bitter today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.