Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

shagged out viroids volume 5 - proving that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:51:28

Hello and welcome to the shiny new thread for Just Shagging graduates! smile

[[www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1546396-Shagged-Out-Viroids-stats-thread Our stats thread is here.] (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

mandasand Mon 03-Sep-12 21:53:10

Hey Tired, hope you had a good day.

Oh, am still waiting on mat. clothes from friend. She said she'd get them out for me, but will have to go up north to fetch them...but that's okay as I've got my 2ndhand mat. dresses from eBay and with my Mothercare tights and leggings I'm good for a couple of months (I hope!) Shame about the teal eBay coat - sounds nice. I too hate being cold in the winter. Let me know if you come across any nice ones in the shops. But I don't want to buy too early as I just don't know how enormous I'm going to get! smile

They were nhs first private one is a week on Saturday.

Have Been doing some reasearch and I'm going to try and push for a VBAC in the water! Wonder if my consultant will roll with that?!

tiredteddy Tue 04-Sep-12 09:49:40

Hello all!

something that sounds like a good plan. Whens your next consultant appointment to discuss your plans?

I'm now getting nervous as its my 20 week scan tomorrow! It's at 9.50 so I need to get my very emotional ds1 into school for the first time with his new teacher, pass ds2 to a friend and then get to the not very local hospital in time, agh!

20 weeks! That's brilliant

Dh and I have agreed on a girls name! (I think Sprocket (what i'm calling the baby so far) is a girl)

We're not telling anyone before she/he's born, but if it is a girl, it will be Arya Rose. Arya (debating on pronounciation, either ARE-Yah, or Are ee ya) means Noble, Great, Truthful. Rose means beautiful (obviously)

Boy's names we aren't so sure. Thinking Jonathan, but then not too sure of a middle name. I'm thinking Lee (it's my dad's name) so Jonathan Lee.

The more I add those names to our surname, the more I love them!

Anyone else thinking of names?

tiredteddy Tue 04-Sep-12 16:56:39

frying i love your name choices! Luke like the second pronunciation of Arya best it's very pretty. I like Jonathon too it's very under used and sounds great with Lee!

I have Max and Toby already some am focusing on what sounds nice with those as siblings when said together. Topping the list for a boy is Zack but we really can't imagine a girl so finding that lust much harder! Will probably use Timothy as a boys middle name after my dad. The boys each had a grandpas name (max Graham, Toby Edward) so family names seem a good pattern to follow.

I love the names Max and Toby! I used to teach kids with those names and they were so funny and mischievous!

I have an Ethan, who was named after my favourite pupil :-)

I really like the name Zack, same with Timothy. Would it be Zachery, or Zack? A girl at work called her some sZak. Just pronounced Zack. I thought that was weird. Where'd the extra S come in? just bizarre.

tiredteddy Tue 04-Sep-12 17:12:47

Yes just Zack! The boys are just max and Toby not maximilian or tobias. I go fir just the name I'm using. My sister and I are named this way too, sone might say nicknames but I like them as full names. I like Ethan too that's lovely! I used to teach, it mostly puts me off names though grin

WingDefence Tue 04-Sep-12 18:55:37

Evening all!

Just a v quick post. Tired, mine and Something's DSs are both called Zac although mine is short for a biblical name and I'm not sure if Something's DS is.

I'm absolutely shattered after a day on the beach (fair weather, not boiling) and then an hour splashing about in the pool.

Manda, re the bloods I think they are just average figures - so it stands to reason that some lucky people will have much better odds and some will be much worse. I'm dreading the results and screening because of the odds at 35.

Right, must get DS to bed. X

tiredteddy Tue 04-Sep-12 19:11:13

He he grin wing something what good taste I have!

tiredteddy Wed 05-Sep-12 12:53:54

So for those of you that found out the gender of your babies was it correct?

Yip, we found out at 19 weeks nhs scan, totally correct

tiredteddy Wed 05-Sep-12 19:13:46

Well I asked today at the scan this morning. The sonographer said its girl! She looked at the beginning and said girl then checked again at the end. I'm almost scared to excited. Deep down I really want a girl but feel so worried it might be wrong that I don't want to get my hopes up! But I figure that if she wasn't sure that she wouldn't have said she could see ???

WingDefence Wed 05-Sep-12 20:37:14

We found out with DS and yes it was right! It was fairly obvious actually as his dangly bits were right there grin

I think if there ever is a mistake it's the other way round as I've heard that sometimes a clitorus (ahem) is such a disproportionate size in a foetus that it can be mistaken for a willy! shock

So CONGRATULATIONS Tired smile smile smile

We've had a fab day in Beaumaris today and have just got back from a fab gastropub meal near here. I had a alcohol-free Becks and the top I was wearing made me look fairly pregnant but I really just feel bloody massive ie fat at the moment sad I mean really, I look about a size 16 and I'm normally a 12.

Anyway, I was in bed this time last night so I doubt I'll be up much longer tonight. Night all!

I'd say it was a girl then! Woo

tiredteddy Wed 05-Sep-12 21:14:04

I keep thinking they just say there's not a clear view or they are not sure if they aren't and they must really know what they are looking at. Back to the drawing board for names if it's not going to be a little Zack!

Ah, the name game begins again! Good luck

My scan date came! 19 October. I'll be one day off 12 weeks

Sorry 1 day off 13 weeks

tiredteddy Thu 06-Sep-12 12:33:46

Yay frying that date is ds2 birthday! Good vibes x

mandasand Thu 06-Sep-12 20:50:09

Hi peeps!

Well done tired on a great 20-week scan! Yay!

<waves to everyone else!>

Suddenly I feel like time is really beginning to pick up pace. It was really odd early in the pregnancy. Every day that went by was a big 'Yes!' but now the weeks are going by quickly! Eeek!

This week has been really busy. Yesterday went to London (knackering!) Told boss I'm preggers with twins and although it took a good while for it to sink in he reacted really well in the end, saying everything I needed him to say (the main thing being that he'll apply to our funding council to extend my contract rather than replace me during maternity leave - PHEW!). He kept saying how delighted he was for us, and phoned me again today to say it again! Because work is really, really important to me, clearing it with him was a really big hurdle and in some way it has made the pregnancy seem real now. Just got to announce it on FB and the whole world will know!!

Today I spent four blinkin' hours at the hospital! I had a series of appointments in the high risk clinic, where I have a lovely new midwife and two really good consultants, one looking at my health and the other looking at the babies. Got to hear their heartbeats, which was really great! :-) One consultant will write to the hospital where I had my uterine surgery 15yrs ago to find out what exactly happened. If it was a puncture then I will be having a c-section no question, as there's a big risk of the uterus tearing during normal delivery and that is, I'm told, Not A Good Thing. But if not then she said I can give normal birth a go. Actually I'd come round to the idea of a c-section, but nevermind!

Oooh and in other news I got some brilliant dark grey skinny cords from H&M Mama with a big belly-warmer for my growing bump (which has suddenly got huge!).

Hope everyone's doing well smile

Hi all! The laptop has broke so I'm now mining on my phone.

Very good choice re Zac lol my Zac is a zachary. We have picked our names now for a girl will be Evie willow Mary and a boy will be theodore-John lee. Trying to dicide what shortening of theodore I like!

Next consultant appointment is 15th of October after my 20 week scan ( 20+6)

WingDefence Fri 07-Sep-12 17:07:20

Oh Something I adore Theodore! Theo would definitely be my choice of a shortened name smile

Hi to everyone else and hurrah we got back home about half an hour ago. Such a novelty to have beautiful North Wales just 2-2:30 hours away. I want to make it a regular family holiday destination smile

Manda I am very envy of your cords. I'm currently wearing my dark brown cords until the buttons burst as long as I can but I am going to have to find out where my nearest H&M maternity is hmm And I'm so glad to hear about your boss. I think the problem for all bosses is that when they hear the dreaded words "I'm pregnant" their first thoughts will always jump to workload, timings, etc. It's not their fault, I would do exactly the same I think cause that's what they are paid to think about! But so glad he's going to try to get your funding extended. Fingers crossed.

Right, better go and do some unpacking grin

tiredteddy Fri 07-Sep-12 18:15:41

manda it's a good sign that time is flying as it shows you are relaxed! Glad your boss took the news well too. I only just announced on Facebook this week. I love hearing the heartbeats. It's so special. It must be really hard weighing up you birth choice options I don't envy you that. Grey skinny cords do sound rather LUSH!

Hi something yes love the name Zack and had really decided on it as I was assuming this was ds3. But now they've said a girl I have absolutely no ideas at all. Your names are beautiful I really like them. I taught a lovely Theo a long time ago. Roll on the next scan.

wing sounds like you has a good holiday and the journey was ok too. Brilliant. I went to Wales once for a very wet fortnight camping. I really should give it another go. Good luck unpacking.

Rivergirly Fri 07-Sep-12 19:23:24

hello everybody just popping in to say hi - I have only just found you - thanks to an email - only just realised we got those (confused).

Anyway we are 8+6 now and I am feeling nauseous most of the time, mega tired and missing wine!!!

I have had my booking appointment wtih the midwife and my first scan is on 26th September... I cant wait smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.