Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone due in May 2013?

(1000 Posts)
surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 24-Aug-12 14:09:52

Only just got a faint line, and period only due today so seems a bit unreal esp as can't find any thread for May yet, but just popping up to say hi. Due May 6th...

DanyTargaryen Wed 26-Sep-12 14:58:52
DizziDoll Wed 26-Sep-12 14:58:16

Have just created a new thread but realised I can't link to it from my phone. Is anyone on their computer?

Hooya Wed 26-Sep-12 14:55:44

Hello pickle you sound like me - had early spotting so a couple of scans already, though I'm still waiting for the heartbeat one on Monday I hope!

Doc said no sex because of the spotting, then after last scan it was ok, but I spotted again a bit after which has put me off a bit! Also I found my sex drive was very high grin after going off the pill but has dropped again now I'm pg hmm

Welcome to everyone I've not said hello to!

6+1 can anyone make time go faster please

fertilityFTW Wed 26-Sep-12 14:48:54

Hey all - went to see MW yesterday, not too much happened - she said she'd be coming over to our home to do the needful. Er...was not expecting a home visit so soon - anyone know what they expect at these? Couldn't form filling tests be done at GP's? Not sure whether this is common.

Hey pear, yep you guessed it, I feel like that too. I feel very sensitive about whether people on there would want to hear from me, but I really care about how they're all getting on!

10storeylovesong Wed 26-Sep-12 14:36:13

pickle glad you've said that! Oh won't go anyway near me as he says it's weird and he's scared of hurting the baby. Tbh, I feel that rotten that I have no idea how I would anyway but it didn't stop me sulking this morning that he doesn't want me!

Picklep Wed 26-Sep-12 14:31:20

Welcome GOLD , congratulations!

pear not internal. I was told to drink 2 pints of water an hour before scan and they would try the tummy scan, if there were any issues seeing things they would have done the internal. I would drink plenty of fluids so that you are prepared for both. Report back afterwards :-)

is everyone having sex at the moment? Apart from being full of wind, bloated, constipated, coping with waves of nausea and sore boobs, both me and OH are too scared to have sex for fear of upsetting things. The midwife advised me not to today for a few days anyway because of the spotting but she said it's fine otherwise. My friends who have been pregnant before said they couldn't get enough so OH was really looking forward to me being pregnant (haha) but perhaps that comes in the second trimester along with all that radiance we're supposed to get! hmm

peardrop2 Wed 26-Sep-12 14:18:54

Gold welcome! I'm 6 weeks today too and so is Hopeful

Pickle thanks for sharing that. I'm going to ask the lady on Friday to go straight for an internal scan. I found her prodding around so painful last time. She probably had to prod around because I wasn't told to drink water. Hmm maybe I should drink lots of water first and then ask her what's best?! I take it from what you're saying that you didn't have an internal scan then?

DanyTargaryen Wed 26-Sep-12 14:17:56

Not many posts left on this thread, blimey, we will be on to the next by end of the day!

FrustratedSycamorePants Wed 26-Sep-12 14:15:40

Hi pedantic <waves>

GoldPedanticPanda Wed 26-Sep-12 13:54:47

Hi all, can I join the club? I'm 6 weeks pg and due 22nd May.

Picklep Wed 26-Sep-12 13:25:28

frustrated you're so right, must break the cycle! No good for anyone.

Pear I could see very clearly the large sac and a tiny little something within. Then there was a terrible moment (felt like an hour!!!) where she said 'and we should see a heartbeat'....she enlarged the screen or moved it around and said 'look can you see the heartbeat', thats when i sobbed. The hearbeat is a tiny flicker. I turned to look at my OH and his nose was pressed against the other screen. To me, it didn't look recognisesble yet, but then I am quite early and couldn't drink my quota of 2pints of water before scan because of nausea, so she did have a little difficulty finding it at first. Just have everything crossed all stays ok ...roll on 12 weeks!!

mwncigirl Wed 26-Sep-12 12:20:38

I really can sympathise with the worry thing, first you feel pregnant, then you don't, then what's that twinge, have I done anything i shouldn't, if its not one thing its another....... want a scan, scared of a scan and on it goes. Really exciting though!

peardrop2 Wed 26-Sep-12 11:37:33

Pickle could you see a shape of a baby yet. What did the heartbeat look like?

6 weeks

peardrop2 Wed 26-Sep-12 11:34:46

Oh Pickle how lovely for you :-) I bet that was an amazing feeling. Don't beat yourself, we all worry, totally normal. I am having terrible anxiety issues. Whenever I have cramping sensations like this morning I go into panic mode!! Have a happy duvet morning ;-)

Scooby Your poor sister hope she is ok.

Well nausea has hit suddenly this morning.I was hoping i had got away with ms as i had it throughout my last two pregnancies.I wasn't actually sick this morning now and actually feel much better now.
7+5

FrustratedSycamorePants Wed 26-Sep-12 11:06:35

Hi picklep try and stay away from the anxiety/worry cycle. You need to break the cycle. having anxiety therapy so know what that is like yay for scan.

Picklep Wed 26-Sep-12 11:00:35

* I'm 7 + 4*

Picklep Wed 26-Sep-12 10:59:18

Wow, this group moves fast. Hello new people! I had an early scan today as was worried about the spotting I have been having. Baby there, we saw heartbeat, so tiny. I sobbed...Just so relieved for now. I think the major cause of my exhaustion is not the pregnancy itself but the anxiety of being pregnant! You worry about symptoms, you worry about having the right type of symptoms, you worry about not having symptoms and then you worry about the effect of all this worry!

Home now and I'm getting back in to bed as had practically no sleep last night. Hope you are all well :-)

peardrop2 Wed 26-Sep-12 10:57:23

Thunder I'm not sure I can post on the TTC thread so much anymore. I feel so guilty :-/ even if I try and say something positive I feel guilty...I'm guessing you do too? I do miss the ladies though as I became quite attached addicted :-(

peardrop2 Wed 26-Sep-12 10:54:27

Hopeful High Five <slap> I'm also 6 weeks today :-) Really pleased to login and see that most of you had vivid dreams last night...such a nice feeling to know I am not alone!! DH told me that I was shouting in my sleep :-/ woke up once for pee and boy do I regret going to bed at 10pm...must go to bed at 8pm tonight!! I'm going to buy pizza and salad and be in bed by 8:30 the latest!! Feeling very crampy this morning and slightly icky!

scooby your story puts our lives into prospective. I hope your family is keeping safe x

LittleBairn Wed 26-Sep-12 10:43:24

Oh dear pregnacy exhaustion has hit me big time today went to bed at 10pm stayed there till 7am but feel like Ive been hit by a train. Partly because I woke around 5am for an hour after some crazy dreams.
Not been sick but getting waves on nausea every so often but it soons passes.

I won't be home until about 8pm tonight it's going to be a long day!

kittykatskumkwat Wed 26-Sep-12 10:29:02

envy of olive
Fx it continues to work, can't imagine anything worse the feeling / being sick all the time

10storeylovesong Wed 26-Sep-12 10:24:28

Oh scooby that's awful. Fingers crossed for her that it gets sorted soon.

kitty I've just tried some lemonade and it seems to be working so far...

My app says baby is the size of an olive now - so much more exciting than the initial poppy seed!

FrustratedSycamorePants Wed 26-Sep-12 09:57:49

Hi hopeful uncomfortable is normal. Ooh a pea. I'm [jealous] I'm still an apple seed.

This thread is not accepting new messages.