Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

anyone due in May 2013?

(1000 Posts)
surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 24-Aug-12 14:09:52

Only just got a faint line, and period only due today so seems a bit unreal esp as can't find any thread for May yet, but just popping up to say hi. Due May 6th...

berri Mon 03-Sep-12 20:20:01

Hi newbies! Everyone still in disbelief or just me? grin

Shall we make a list so we can see where we all are? I love lists, me

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May

Thingiebob Mon 03-Sep-12 20:52:29

Still can't quite believe it!

DC2 - edd May 3

Am getting really tired and want a nap by 4pm. I took my daughter out to the park for a few hours today then swimming in the afternoon, by early eve I felt dead on my feet!

Good idea!

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May

10storeylovesong Mon 03-Sep-12 22:40:38

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May

I still can't believe it either - too nervous to accept its finally happening!

DanyTargaryen Mon 03-Sep-12 22:53:03

Hello, finally plucked up the courage to join you lovely ladies, am 5 weeks today with DC2 after an MC at 6 weeks in June. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy as everything seems that little bit more stronger IYSWIM, great fat bold BFPs (even on Ov sticks too apparently-pissed on the wrong stick earlier don't ask me why or how!)

I'm due to see midwife on Thurs but I have worked out I am due roughly around 6th May

berri Tue 04-Sep-12 02:13:40

Hi Dany! I think there are a few of us on here with past mc's so you are definitely not alone in your worries. Good to vent on here rather than in our poor DH/Ps ears all the time I guess!

Lol at the OV stick!

twirliedobbit Tue 04-Sep-12 11:22:12

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May

Really need to get my arse in gear and book a docs appointment. Just work full time and starting my own business at the moment, as well as trying to organise the other 3 going back to school/nursery, so never seems to be any time left when I am not falling asleep on the sofa!!

dowhat Tue 04-Sep-12 13:19:26

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May

Don't know about anyone else, but even the waist band on my 'fat' trousers is starting to dig in. There's no hope, I'm old and saggy and will be huge from the off.

Know what you mean Twirlie - I work full time too. M&S is out of stock for the uniform sizes I need cos I left it so late. Was proud of myself for finally booking a docs appt this morning but now realise it clashes with the dentist for the 3 of us. Not enough time....

DanyTargaryen Tue 04-Sep-12 13:30:10

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
DanyTargaryen- DC2- EDD 6 May

forgot to do that before. May as well.

wilderumpus Tue 04-Sep-12 13:55:24

hi all. Got my BFP this morning (and a positive opk too dany!) after a mammoth long cycle. had CP last month and a mmc in April so hoping this one is a sticky! smile Feeling good so... is early days, think about nearly 4 weeks. My EDD is 18 May so waaaay out from you guys! Very, very excited and shitting myself.

Off to italy for two weeks next thurs so will get to drs next week once missed AF for sure and get in system... as hopefully will be 7 weeks when I get home which might be a bit late for booking in appts etc? confused

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months smile

twirliedobbit Tue 04-Sep-12 14:31:02

dowhat I managed to get the last age 7 skirt on Sunday (mine is mega difficult cause they wear brown!!)

wilderumpus congrats and welcome....get yourself booked in, it's never too early.

MUST GET OFF MN AND PHONE DOC grin

DanyTargaryen Tue 04-Sep-12 14:55:53

wilderumpus grin

Its not like I can't tell the difference either! The preg sticks I use are blue at the end, the ov sticks are green! Realised looking at the line appear thinking hang on, how does that work then? (Test line came up before the control line too so I was quite shock)

wilderumpus Tue 04-Sep-12 17:36:04

hehe dany obviously going a bit potty already smile. I used my opk on purpose to see if it worked as an hpt! I did a hpt yesterday but it was very, very neg... then out of curiosity did an opk which had a really strong line. So i thought 'hmmm....' Then today did both tests fully expecting the hpt to be a BFN again... and both were positive smile

told my friend up where I live (yes i only have one! rest are down South!) and she was veeer excited for us. Won't tell anyone else though till 12 weeks. Haven't been able to tell Dh yet.

Anyone else keeping it a secret till 12 weeks? Any weird symptoms yet?!

DanyTargaryen Tue 04-Sep-12 19:29:43

After last time yes am keeping schtum until at least dating scan. (Besides MN. MN doesn't count grin)

berri Tue 04-Sep-12 20:26:21

I've told a few people that I see regularly, as it would be bound to come up when we went out for meals etc and had no wine compared with my usual bucket

But in general I'm keeping mum. Haha!

By the way feel free to put the list in date order, whoever adds themselves next!

DizziDoll Tue 04-Sep-12 22:46:54

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May

We haven't told anyone yet. I'm quite liking the secrecy but am glad I can say on here grin.

Twirlie glad you mentioned about booking a docs appointment, I totally forgot I needed to do that. Tomorrow is DD's first day at school (got a last-minute skirt in her size today in M&S) and on Saturday is the DH's gran's funeral. I keep forgetting that I am pregnant to be honest. Lots of time to think about it later I guess!

10storeylovesong Wed 05-Sep-12 05:52:16

Omg I feel so sick this morning. I have no idea how I'm even going to get to work, let alone get through a 10 hour shift!

How are we all this morning?

School run starts again today and my morning sickness has kicked in <vom> yay.

Will add my name to the list when I get on the laptop.

wilderumpus Wed 05-Sep-12 10:31:47

tested agian this morning and got a darker line smile Hoping, hoping this one is here to stay smile

good luck today ten and phantom. I had ms with my mc-pg and it was hideous.

dizzi am terrible at secrecy. You can read me like a book and am a right blabbermouth! But I will keep the pregnancy hidden, though luckily all my mates and family live hours away and I am hugely anti-social atm finishing up with Uni so no one need know.... Fingers crossed I have something to tell!

Guessing at my EDD, putting down latest likely to be!

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May

twirliedobbit Wed 05-Sep-12 11:42:27

So, been to the docs this morning, waste of time - it's now a self referral scheme at my hospital, no need for the docs!!
So she basically gave me a leaflet about eating, told me to get some folic acid (can't believe I forgot that!) and gave me a web address - she also mentioned that if you have had a long time since last period, that they count the day of your pregnancy test as 1 month, so my EDD is 4th May at the latest - she reckons I could be even a month more than that!
So basically I need a dating scan ASAP.
wilderumpus I am awful at secrecy too, and have no idea how I am going to cover up - I have a works leaving do tomorrow family party on Saturday and I am like bucket usually the first one to the bar, and outside having my 'social cigarette'! Ah well, I'm sure I'll find a way.....
DC2 (age 7) was in the waiting room at the docs this morning (she thought I was going about a bad back) and said "wouldn't it be good if the doctor told you you were pregnant!"

Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May

I'm not doing the secrecy thing very well either, have told a couple of people and the in-laws, haven't told my parents yet, but my mother's reaction when I told her about DC3 is very fresh in my memory!

Suppose I better phone the doctors at some point too.

berri Wed 05-Sep-12 14:08:42

Sending non-sicky vibes to all those suffering from ms - I hear the wristbands you can get for seasickness are very good, especially if you wear them overnight too. Apologies if you've heard that one before.

twirlie that's so sweet about your DD, looks like she's going to be over the moon when you tell her smile

It's nice to have you and phantom on here having your 4th (eek and argh!) as I can't remember how to do anything from my DS, we will be relying on your experience! Phantom did you manage to reach your DH yet?

twirliedobbit Wed 05-Sep-12 14:08:54

funny how much more relaxed one gets the more children they have eh plopper??

Check your district as my docs appt was a complete waste of time.

Bathilda Wed 05-Sep-12 14:24:32

Hello! I'm due on 8th May with baby #4. I'm a bit daunted by mumsnet but through I'd say hello anyway smile

10storeylovesong Wed 05-Sep-12 15:04:37

Congrats and welcome Bathilda! Number 4 for you as well - there's a few gluttons for punishment on here!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.