Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

anyone due in May 2013?

(1000 Posts)
surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 24-Aug-12 14:09:52

Only just got a faint line, and period only due today so seems a bit unreal esp as can't find any thread for May yet, but just popping up to say hi. Due May 6th...

toffeesam Thu 30-Aug-12 12:03:43

Safe but bored eh, wink
It must be hard people knowing so early, but i see the necessity hmm

It took until my friends 7 or 8th month before some of our students noticed, so at least i don't have to consider them noticing. I just won't be breaking up any fights this term. ( i am 5'10", and they tower over me!) grin

10storeylovesong Thu 30-Aug-12 15:37:53

Haha yeah stay away from those playground scraps!

surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 31-Aug-12 00:38:33

I'm pretty sure fish oil tablets are a big no no during pregnancy? Could be wrong but may be worth checking if you're planning on continuing them berri?

berri Fri 31-Aug-12 02:50:24

Ooh really??!! Going to google - thanks for tip. Only got them because a lot of the pre-natal ones had omega3 as an addition so I thought I could take it along with the folic acid. Will look into it.

berri Fri 31-Aug-12 02:59:54
toffeesam Fri 31-Aug-12 10:59:59

can you lot not sleep? I should have been on here at 3am with you lot grin

jaffacakehips Fri 31-Aug-12 11:09:22

4 days late...AF has arrived. Whist I had a BFN earlier in the week, I was really starting to think maybe I'd gotton my dates wrong and we'd be welcoming a small person in May 2013!

Anyway sad <such is life>

Wishing all the very best to bump and all. Fingers crossed for smooth happy and healthy pregnancies.

To all of you still TTC good luck and see you no doubt on another thread.

x

toffeesam Fri 31-Aug-12 11:15:49

Good luck Jaffa.

Haylebop12 Fri 31-Aug-12 12:21:09

Me too Jaffa! Good luck to all of you!
I'm going for a
June baby :-)

surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 31-Aug-12 12:22:14

Ah good one, berri, sorry to doubt you!

I'm in Australia, that's why I post at random times ;)

berri Fri 31-Aug-12 13:17:10

Sorry jaffa sad

surely no not at all, actually I still might mention it when I go for my scan next week as although the google research says its fine, it did occur to me last night that I've still been having quite a crampy tummy for the last few weeks and I wondered if it could be linked...

We're living in the USA for a couple of years so that's why I post at funny times too! Although I was awake half of last night hmm

10storeylovesong Fri 31-Aug-12 13:20:44

Glad to see I'm not the only one with pregnancy related insomnia!!

So sorry to hear that Jaffa sad bet of luk for next time.

I'm having trouble sleeping as well, feel really bloated and uncomfortable. Also ha my first 'pretending I drink' test at a wedding yesterday. Think I pulled it off, though the end of the evening was pretty dull when everyone else was hammered! Luckily dd was with us so I had an excuse to disappear at an earlyish time (though dd would have happily stayed much longer throwing her 3 year old dance moves on the floor!)

toffeesam Fri 31-Aug-12 16:46:29

Little what did you use, i find soda with ice and fresh lime passes off as a vodka quite convinsingly.
the best draught non-alcoholic beer i have tried is erdinger. alcohol free wine tastes like ribena, but the posh sparkly juices they do know can pass for wine at parties.
obviously this is all in looks not taste. used to put Bitters in my soft drinks to make them look and taste more interesting, but that is a no no cos of the arsnic and sianide in them grin.

don't we all wish we still had the confidence to dance like a 3year old? smile

now i know where to come when i can't sleep.

berri Sat 01-Sep-12 00:31:48

Appletise in a wine glass worked well I seem to remember with DS...

Yes I did the soda ice and like trick, and also had a glass of red in front of me which I'd witch with dh every so often so it looked like it was being drunk, only downside was dh ended up drinking my share!

Couchsweetpotato Sat 01-Sep-12 23:18:36

Hello, my pregnant friends. I would like to join you. I got a very, very faint BFP on Thursday night and have spent the last two days keeping the pregnancy test industry solvent. I do indeed seem to be expecting and am due roughly on 11 May. My cycles are a mystery to me so I'm not sure how helpful the online calculator thing is.

This is %232 for me. Firstborn will be 2 if all goes well and this turns into a real life baby. So far very few symptoms bar the occasional queasiness which I think I'm imagining, and tiredness, which I didn't get first time round.

Good luck with early scans, this who get them. Am envy as I remember the utter agony of waiting till 12 weeks last time. I may even crack and get a private one done.

10storeylovesong Sun 02-Sep-12 11:15:16

Congratulations and welcome couch!

Good morning ladies! How's everyone feeling today? I feel almost human after 12 solid hours sleep last night! Shame it's being wasted stuck in work when could be using the unexpected energy to blast my housework!

toffeesam Sun 02-Sep-12 19:42:35

tired today. supposed to be finishing an essay but keep nodding. gonna have to call it a day before i start snoring at the desk. smile

first day back after some holidays tomorrow, yuk! but at least the students don't start for another couple of weeks, phew!

Little - I like the slight of hand with the wine grin
Berri - mmm appeltise, they do a couple of different ones now.
10 - congrats on 12 hours envy

off for a relaxing bath once i have made my butties for tomoz.
Good night all.

DizziDoll Belgium Mon 03-Sep-12 06:34:34

Got my BFP this morning and due on the 8th of may grin.

May I join you?

This will be DC3 and we had kinda changed our minds about having another one in the last few weeks. Happy as punch now though!!

Congratulations to all of you!

Congrats dizzi and couch! Love that our numbers are growing.

I am starting to feel quite nauseous now - feeling a bit scared of going through what I did last time. I found it really difficult not to pile on the pounds at this stage as all I want to do is eat stodge to make me feel better

twirliedobbit Mon 03-Sep-12 13:00:14

I don't know what, where, how anything is happening!!

Decided to come off of the pill in July, to start to try for dc4 took a test beginning of Aug which was neg then took one today which was positive...only problem being that dh and I have been so busy, we haven't been actively trying iyswim, so I have no idea on dates at all - forgot to mention that date of 'last period' would be end of June!!.....

I think I may need to go for a scan, but until then, can I join your gang??
Weirdly, I almost feel those little butterfly movement - just not sure if it's psychosomatic or hunger pains!!

still grinning though and have to post on here or I'll end up telling everyone! grin

10storeylovesong Mon 03-Sep-12 13:15:58

Welcome dizzi and twirlie!!

DizziDoll Belgium Mon 03-Sep-12 15:02:22

So yesterday I had no symptoms and today i have them all!!

jojo2111 Mon 03-Sep-12 16:29:59

hello all!! I am due 9th May 2013, judging by the online calculators!! very new to this - we only started trying this month and it seems to have happened! Had 4 x positive tests and am off to see my GP tomorow am... dont think it has sunk in yet to be honest but we are over the moon. Cannot believe I have to keep this a secret for next 2 months?!

I think i will be 5 weeks on thurs - does anyone else feel really bloated? my skin has also broken out.. not like me at all.. must be the hormones?

This thread is not accepting new messages.