Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone due in May 2013?

(1000 Posts)
surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 24-Aug-12 14:09:52

Only just got a faint line, and period only due today so seems a bit unreal esp as can't find any thread for May yet, but just popping up to say hi. Due May 6th...

surelythisoneisnttaken Tue 28-Aug-12 06:42:16

glad I'm not the only one still nervously knicker checking! Still doesn't feel quite real....

cupcakefairy Tue 28-Aug-12 08:28:51

Quick gatecrash from the May 2012 thread to say congratulations to you all!! Can't quite believe there's a May 2013 thread already.. it's such a lovely time of year to have a baby. Good luck to you all, especially in these tough first few weeks x

Nodecentnickname Tue 28-Aug-12 10:29:21

I am knicker checking!

Jellymuffin Tue 28-Aug-12 12:17:59

Hello all! I think I can just about fit on this thread, due 30/05/2013 with our first! 2 days after hubbies birthday! We were gearing ourselves up for a long slog of trying but caught in first month so a bit of a shock! Very excited but surprisingly calm (usually am completely neurotic!) congratulations to everyone! It's so nice to tell someone!!!

jaffacakehips Tue 28-Aug-12 14:46:05

Marking my place smile

AF was due yesterday. BFN earlier in the week, fingers cross since I'm late I might have a BFP <wishful thinking> confused

Haylebop12 Tue 28-Aug-12 18:32:53

Update guys, I got some cheapies, will POAS in the morning to ensure concentrated FMU :-) congrats on you BFP guys!!

mamato2 Tue 28-Aug-12 21:31:09

Mesmile Bfp today due may 8th. This will be dc3. Excited but a little scared! 15 months between first two so hoping this will be easier smile

Good luck jaffa and hayle and all those hoping for bfps!

My brain seems to have turned to mush already. I managed to drive home, forgot to put the handbrake on when I parked, so the car started rolling (yanked the brake just in time). Then when I opened the door my mind had a complete blank at the alarm code and I kept putting the wrong number in (bearing in mind I have used this code twice a day for 5 years) thus setting off the alarm. I had to eventually call DP to ask him the code with the alarm blaring in the background as I couldn't for the life of me remember it. Oops...

berri Wed 29-Aug-12 03:28:42

Hi everyone!

<waves madly>

I'm so pleased to see this thread, I am still knicker-checking after getting a very faint bfp a week ago a week???? Must be at least a month surely!

I've done a few since then and they're progressively darker thank goodness.

EDD is 2nd May, have a 3.5yo DS smile

Eeeeeeek hello everyone!!!!!!!

goldmaple Wed 29-Aug-12 04:28:49

Nice to see so many May babies!!

I'm not a compulsive knicker checker wink but I have been POAS a lot and the line doesn't seem to be getting darker... I also don't feel ill/tired like I did last time, or is if too early?

FX for hayle and Jaffa!!

Princesslovelyboo Wed 29-Aug-12 08:44:08

Good luck to the testers. I am not to much pant checking as glancing when I can, though my ic test has finally given a strong result this morning, the best one yet!!! Getting ready for my first gym session since finding out and I'm actually nervous, I have been going to the gym for 2 years hmm

Haylebop12 Wed 29-Aug-12 08:44:57

Thanks gold but a BFN over here this morning!
Am now 2 days late which either means my cycles are longer after my mc or I am pg and my cheapies aren't picking it up? I'll get done higher sensitive ones if still no AF by Friday!
Glad to hear of all your BFPs guys!! It's such an exciting time!!!

jaffacakehips Wed 29-Aug-12 09:17:53

Morning!

Congrats to those with lovely BFP envy grin AF due 2 days ago and nothing yet. BFN this morning. So annoyed, yet more poas wasted.

Haylebop12 Wed 29-Aug-12 09:19:07

jaffa I feel your annoyance!!
Are your cycles regular?

jaffacakehips Wed 29-Aug-12 09:25:16

Yes and then we started TTC and it all went bonkers smile We got DD on the first month of TTC. It's difficult to explain to people mainly friends just because you got pregnant once doesn't mean you can easily do it again!

Haylebop12 Wed 29-Aug-12 09:30:17

Oh dear! Dd was a surprise as I was on the pill and now were TTC we've had one mc in June after gettibg pg furst cycle and now messed up cycles!
FX for our BFPs soon :-)

10storeylovesong Wed 29-Aug-12 09:48:23

How's everyone feeling this morning? I feel human this morning after the first decent nights sleep in 2 weeks - don't know whether the insomnia is pregnancy or anxiety related but it's been driving me mad! I was feeling constantly nauseaus until a couple of days ago which is worrying me a little - although I know I should probably just enjoy the respite!! Started in my new risk assessed job role yesterday which was weird as everyone was fussing round me but it feels far too early for everyone to know - feel like I'm tempting fate!!

Can I join?

Just had a shock ++ on a test, at least I know why all I can taste is soap and my period is 6 days late!

Can't get hold of DH to tell him, he's away with the Navy. Arrrrrgghhh how am I going to cope with 4?!

toffeesam Wed 29-Aug-12 18:14:54

Can i Join? Due 5th May

Hi Berri found a May Thread! smile

How is everyone feeling? Can anyone else taste metal? It is gross! sad

It is so exciting still, i keep swapping from excited to scared.
Does anyone know if i should be eating anything diffrent? or vitamins?
already on folic acid from the doc. it has been so hard moving to de-cafe brew

berri Wed 29-Aug-12 20:12:05

Hi toffee !

I'm taking folic acid and fish oil, so far haven't changed anything else yet, apart from no wine of course! Boo smile

I might move into some Pregnacare type things when I've used up those though. Not sure if it's necessary but these things make me feel like I'm doing something useful!

How's everyone feeling?

Does anyone else have a 6 week scan booked? I had a few previous problems so they're checking for a heartbeat on 8th Sept. Seems like a million miles away!

We're going away for 2 nights tomorrow though which will be a very welcome distraction smile

Good luck to everyone testing soon!

Princesslovelyboo Wed 29-Aug-12 21:56:02

I am taking the pregnacare multi vits, I hope they are doing something good. I keep having waves of nausia and my boobs are very sensitive.

Good luck to the morning testers, have a good time away Berri

Hoe is everyone else feeling, right now 12 weeks feels like a lifetime away sad

berri Thu 30-Aug-12 02:46:31

Thanks all smile

Phantom how frustrating that your DH is away! When do you think you might be able to get hold of him?

Congrats though, you sound a bit shocked grin

10storeylovesong Thu 30-Aug-12 06:47:39

Princess - I agree, 12 weeks seems a lifetime away. I'm not so bothered about telling people - I just want to put my mind at ease that my babies doing well. I'm usually a calm level-headed person but I've been a bundle of nerves since I found out!

toffeesam Thu 30-Aug-12 08:31:09

Same here 10 , this is making me a bitt nutty.
next Wed i see the Dr, so i will know it is real, but i will only be 3 1/2 weeks.
keep thinking i should test again just to check. normally i'm quite a sensible person. confused

Berri have a nice, distracting, time away. wink
princess you are right, 12 weeks seems forever, i am back in work next monday and i am convinced some of them will suspect. I work with a lot of nosey older ladies and a few may age that are mums (I don't think the blokes will notice). I am going to hide the de-cafe, put it in a diffrent package or somthing, cos that combined with being off my food a little i think will be a give away.

I didn't drink for a long time because of medication, so they will just think i've had to go back to alcohol free. i will miss a pint after work tho.

I don't want them to know until i know it is all alright, if i'm confronted i'm a dit shit at lying. blush

10storeylovesong Thu 30-Aug-12 10:42:19

I had to tell work last week as I'm a police officer so they've had to put me on restricted duties - I hated telling them so early as it really feels like tempting fate! I'm also bored stiff stuck in an office - but at least I'm safe as people keep reminding me!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.