Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone due in May 2013?

(1000 Posts)
surelythisoneisnttaken Fri 24-Aug-12 14:09:52

Only just got a faint line, and period only due today so seems a bit unreal esp as can't find any thread for May yet, but just popping up to say hi. Due May 6th...

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 12:41:23

Beaver that's a tough dilemma with your sister's mc. My sister conceived at her 3rd ivf attempt and sadly miscarried just after her 12 week scan (xmas day). I had just found out I was pregnant with dd3 and had to tell her as we were staying at her house and I had severe morning sickness. In the end I chickened out big style and got dh to break the news to her dh on the phone blush. I think whichever way you do it it will be hard. My main concern was other people knowing and telling my sister before she had heard it from us.
Oneday I had brown spotting last weekend, and a few pink wipes a few days ago. I think it's just baby 'bedding in' and the spotting is just post-implantation stuff. Try not to worry xx

peardrop2 Sun 16-Sep-12 12:47:00

I also got a couple of link pinkish red spots on toilet paper at 3am on Wednesday. Dr told me it was nothing to worry about...most likely inplantation!

BadBuddha Sun 16-Sep-12 13:58:30

Very sorry Sesame, I hope there's someone looking after you today.

Beaver that sounds like a difficult situation - Hopefully your sister will be able to be happy for you, hard though it will be for her.

It is an anxiety ridden time for all of us isn't it? Five I'm also an older mum, but am holding onto the fact that my embryo, having being frozen, is three years younger that it would be with a natural conception (if that makes sense) - probably grasping at straws but every little helps grin Have you still not told your DH yet or have a missed something?

Thanks for that link Peardrop2 - I have a scan booked for Friday when I'll be 7 1/2 weeks so nice to know what I can expect to see <crosses fingers>

CheerfulYank - Congratulations!

The nausea has returned. How can I feel so sick and yet be eating so much?! Nothing is safe from my hoover-mouth at the moment urghh

berri Sun 16-Sep-12 14:03:38

So sorry Sesame sad Hope you are ok and have nice people around you today.

Cheerful we're just outside Chicago.

I'm still knicker-checking, Five you made me laugh with the window comment, that's so true, especially when I go to the loo a hundred times in the night.

Thingiebob Sun 16-Sep-12 14:30:43

How are you today Sesame?

SuperSesame Sun 16-Sep-12 15:06:12

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. Only dh knows so it's nice to offload here too.
I'm fine really, emotionally. Physically, I feel weak and spent the morning in bed.
I've heard of this happening a lot with friends recently and I suppose it's like anything quite traumatic, you think it's sad for other people but won't happen to you. But now it has.
I'm incredibly lucky to have a sweet ds and must make his lunch now!

goldmaple Sun 16-Sep-12 16:27:58

sesame so sad to hear your news. Glad you have a DH who is taking care of you and a sweet DS!

thingie how are you doing? Hope there is no more bleeding. do you feel pregnant? I think sickness is a good sign?!

hazelnut thinking of you. FX for a sticky BFP as soon as you're ready!

No bleeding for 4 days here which is a step in the right direction. Dr's appt on weds to see how everything is going.

Anjiemouse Sun 16-Sep-12 18:57:12

Hi ladies. Congrats to you all. Due may 8th. Anyone else not been to the dr yet?

berri Sun 16-Sep-12 19:30:01

Hi Anjie - I had a 6 week scan but that was just with sonographer rather than dr. First doc appointment is on Weds....have to take DS with me so that'll be fun hmm

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 19:39:41

Oh crap just has a smudge of blood, looked fresh blood not old. Got some mild cramping too but other than that I've not really had any symptoms of pregnancy so far.
My rational part of my brain knows its normal but that doesn't stop me shaking with nerves. sad
Trying to hide from DH I don't want him to know unless it turns into something more significant.

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 20:07:01

Don't panic littlebairn, it may well be nothing. I had a bright red bleed with ds2 which I was convinced was the start of a mc, but all was well, and no explanation ever given for bleed. How are things at the moment?
Buddha I think it will make a considerable difference your with the frozen embryo being younger by a few year. You obviously have a strong little bean there!!
Hmm dh...things are not good at all at the moment for a variety of reasons (he;s currently stormed off to the pub for a 'walk' , and I haven't had the guts heart to add something else into the mix. Part of me thinks that until the pregnancy seems to be 'taking' (maybe evidenced by an early scan) there is still a fair chance of mc and to tell now would be creating unnecessary stress when it may all turn out to be nothing. The other part of me is screaming ffs woman, you're not in the cast of Eastenders, just tell him confused

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 20:16:14

Five thanks for the reassurance.
I just got another smudge when I wiped looked fresh too, no cramps but a funny feeling down the left side of my tummy like pins and needles plus suddenly feel very hot.
What's scaring me the most is I don't know what to expect next if it is the worst. sad
I'm even bloody worried I haven't had any MS, can't believe I actually want to vomit!

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 20:18:29

Forgot to add Five I'm impressed that you have managed to not tell him, I'm finding it tough not to tell DH about the blood because I know it will instantly wipe the joy out of the pregnancy for him even if it does turn out to be nothing.

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 20:35:43

Littlebairn I think you should tell dh. This is a lot for you to be going through on your own and I think you would really benefit from the support that your lovely dh would give you. It is lovely that you are thinking of his feelings, but I'm sure he would be horrified to think you were going through such turmoil on your own. The feeling hot/pins and needles may well be down to shock, but do keep an eye on things. Maybe give NHS Direct a ring who may be able to advise? I'm here if you need to chat xx

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 20:38:22

ps, very early for morning sickness looking at your due date x

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 20:51:47

Thank you five for the support, it means a lot to me.
Been to the loo again no more blood, if I get anymore I will tell him.
I'm 4+ 5 certain of my dates good to know that I shouldn't be having MS now. Can't believe I'm upset I've not have vomited. blush

Now thinking for my own piece of mind I will book a private early scan of no more bleeding just to reassure myself.
I know they use a probe early pregnancy when do they start using the normal abdomen scanner? I'm not a fan of probes....

scooby26 Sun 16-Sep-12 21:00:30

Evening,

Been TTC for nearly a year- have some tests booked 1st oct..... Due Tuesday and have had two vvvvvv faint lines..... Got one DS 2.5.......

Congrats to you all so far! X

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 21:12:07

No problem littlebairn smile. That's good news that the bleeding has stopped. Re: scans, I think they'd use a probe up until around 5/6 weeks, but I may be wrong. They do recommend waiting until around 8 weeks at my EPU as very early scans can cause more worry as they're often inconclusive and you need to come back a week later. Easier said than done though, and it may be worth making some enquiries if you're still worried tomorrow xx
Congratulations and welcome scooby26!

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 21:43:01

Thanks five I think I'll wait till 8 weeks after all it's not like anything can be done to prevent it should it happen earlier. I just don't think I could wait till 12 weeks now. Still very nervous but I'm hopeful now the bleeding has stopped.

FiveandtheBonusBall Sun 16-Sep-12 22:19:52

I think that sounds sensible. 8 weeks is a great time to have an early scan, they can see loads, and you don't have to brave the probe wink I think I'll also be having one around that time.
That's really good news about the bleeding stopping. Take care and try to get some sleep!

DizziDoll Sun 16-Sep-12 22:59:25

Sorry to hear things aren't working out sesame. Hope you are ok. Will you go and see the gp tomorrow to get yourself checked out?
littlebairn you must be terrified but like five said, it is likely be nothing. I agree you should tell your dh though.
Congratulations and welcome to everyone who has just joined. scooby, we were on the march '10 thread together iirc. I am at times more of a lurker than a poster though.

scooby26 Sun 16-Sep-12 23:11:01

Dizzydoll u remember correctly ;-). Many congrats!! I've had a vv faint line and being trying for a year. Feel a bit queasy but maybe psychosomatic! ;-) hope this sticks and we all get to 12wks ASAP! X

LittleBairn Sun 16-Sep-12 23:40:10

Ive had another smudge wipe but no free bleeding. Feel so helpless.
The one thing I'm worried about is complete lack of CM, it's not usually a problem running up to ovulation but no pregnant when it's meant to increase I have zero.

CheerfulYank Mon 17-Sep-12 03:30:42

I've been spotting a bit for a few days now but think it's just implantation, I had that with DS as well. smile

CheerfulYank Mon 17-Sep-12 03:33:14

LittlePickleHead - DC2 - edd 1 May
10storeylovesong - DC1 - edd 1 May
Berri - DC2 - edd 2 May
ThePhantomPlopper - DC4 (eek) - EDD 2 May
Pinkand stripy DC1 EDD 2nd May
Thingiebob - DC2 - edd May 3
twirliedobbit - DC4 (argh!) - edd 4 May
Whyismymindblank - DC4 (argh! & eek!) edd 4 may
Toffeesam - DC1- EDD 5th May
BadBuddha - DC2 edd 5 May
dowhat - DC3 - edd 6 May
DanyTargaryen- DC2- EDD 6 May
DizziDoll -DC3 - EDD 8 May
BeauticianNotMagician-DC3-EDD 10 May
Beaver33 - DC1 - edd 10 May
PickleP DC1 EDD 11th May.
FiveandtheBonusBall - DC6 (triple arghh!!!) EDD 16 May
MissMedusa - DC1 - EDD 15 May
Wilderumpus -DC2-EDD 17 May
maybeAMaybaby DC2 EDD 19 May
Vickles-DC4-EDD 20 May
OneDayBaby-DC1-EDD 20 May
MelCGox - DC1EDD 21 May
LittleBairn DC1 EDD 21 May
Ktfrd DC2 EDD 22nd May
Peardrop DC1 - 22nd May
EllieBuffalo - EDD 23rd May
CheerfulYank DC2- EDD 23rd May

Just adding myself to the list. smile Berri I thought you were around Chicago, I think I remember when you were moving. How are you liking it so far? We were just there in May and had a great time. smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.