Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2012 - where we all bury our heads in the sand

(988 Posts)
pinpan Mon 13-Aug-12 21:02:19

grin

WeeSooty Fri 28-Sep-12 22:18:09

Evening all smile

Will try to catch up, not quite with it tonight! Itching is dirving me completely mental.

Misspolly congratulations! And I love that name! Hope you are both well.

Winnie I love your birth story!

Squiggly Happy Birthday! And good luck!!!

Heartbeep Congratulations!

Goodsense It is great getting a new kitchen, I’m so pleased with mine, just like standing in the middle of it admiring it all!!

Ok, we seem to be stacking up babies, can I be next please?

Well I’m feeling pretty rubbish today, this PUPPS thing is the worst thing I have ever experienced. I am sooooo itchy, I feel like I could scratch my skin off! Doc prescribed some non-steroid cream and it works for a few hours then goes back to being itchy. I’m struggling tonight, I don’t understand why some people breeze through pregnancy and I seem to be just lumbering from one crap symptom to the next. Feel sh*t at being pregnant and worrying if I’m so bad at being pregnant how will I be a good mum?!?! DH is doing a brilliant job at being there for me but I feel he must be thinking how crap I am at this as well.

Sorry feeling sorry for myself tonight!

In other possible labour symptoms… My bump is rock solid today.. what does that mean?? Come on baby!!!

Bubblebell1 Sat 29-Sep-12 00:18:08

Hi all. Just to let u know I'm in labour and waiting for a theatre slot. Hopefully 1 is free before I have this bubba

WeeSooty Sat 29-Sep-12 00:28:13

Good luck bubblebell!!! grin

pinpan Sat 29-Sep-12 01:02:45

Good luck bubblebell! And congrats/good luck to the new babies and contracting ladies.

The womble is currently running on a wail from midnight til 4 am kind of a schedule, because Bad Mummy doesn't recognise the I'm overtired signals. But we're getting there, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel when I've had a couple of hours sleep, and she's adorable in the peaceful moments. Alas, my stitches have gone nasty so I'm on antibiotics (and sitting down very carefully), and we might be in for a bout of baby diarrhoea as a result, but heck, she produces so much poop that I'm not sure I'll even notice! grin

Maybe one of you bored-waiting-for-labour girls could set up Gizzy's awesomely named new thread in the post natal area, and we can decamp there when we get to the bottom of the page. I'd do it, but I've only got half a brain, and I can hear the womble waking up... wink

pinpan Sat 29-Sep-12 02:36:25

Pssst - that's two textbook wake/feed/change/feed/sleep sessions in a row. There's hope! grin <jinxed it now> <slinks off for a nap>

Bubblebell1 Sat 29-Sep-12 05:20:35

Just a quickie to say baby bubble arrived at 1:36am via emcs.

Had a show wednesday and it seemed to continue over 2 days. Regular strong tightenings every 7 mins until this evening when they turned into pressure and pain in my bum and cervix.
Labour was quick and intense and contractions were every 3 mins by the time they took me to theatre.
she pooped inside so now being monitored.
I'm ok just exhausted and have sore boobs. She hasn't stopped feeding since I got out of theatre!!

She's gorgeous and I'm smitten. Good luck to all you girls left to pop grin

pinpan Sat 29-Sep-12 05:26:05

Yep, jinxed it. confusedsadhmm

Weesooty the itching sounds awful...maybe as you've had such a shit pregnancy you'll get a lovely easy baby??

Pinpan hang in there...it's new to both of you so there's bound to be hiccups along the way. Wishing you many more peaceful moments!

Bubble glad you got into theatre on time! She's gorgeous; enjoy the squishy cuddles and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Is the new thread going in post-natal or are we staying in ante-natal for one more?

Littleplasticpeople Sat 29-Sep-12 06:19:54

Congrats bubble thanks

Sounds like you are doing a great job Pinpan smile

Now then, today seems like a good day to have a baby ...<ignores the fact I've had no signs whatsoever>

Thumbwitch Sat 29-Sep-12 06:51:30

I think one more in antenatal, there are still a lot of us left to pop!

Congratulations Bubble! thankswine

LoopyLa Sat 29-Sep-12 07:35:40

Yay!! Well done Bubble & KPT thanks smile

As requested new thread here!!

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1575888-October-2012-once-we-pop-we-cant-stop

Link

Thanks elvis smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now