Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2012 - where we all bury our heads in the sand

(988 Posts)
pinpan Mon 13-Aug-12 21:02:19

grin

CaptainHetty Mon 13-Aug-12 21:12:15

Thanks pinpan place marked so I don't lose you all grin

HeyMicky Mon 13-Aug-12 21:14:43

waves

goodsenseofdirection Mon 13-Aug-12 21:15:10

Wow! new thread, love the name grin x

Good work pinpan, just in time.

I'm up for a Facebook group, but I'm always on my phone so not too easy for me to set up.

goodsenseofdirection Mon 13-Aug-12 21:19:30

And here are our stats - i think they're the most recent from the last thread:

Rnb dc4 edd 23 sept - boy
Pinpan dc1 edd 25 sept - girl
HeyMickey dc edd 25 sept - girl
MakeTeaNotWar dc2 edd 26 sept - Surprise
Pezzina dc2 edd 26 sept
Winnie81 dc2 edd 27th Sept - surprise
ST82 dc1 edd 27 sept - boy
MsInterpret dc2 28sept - girl
Captainhetty dc4 edd 1 oct - girl
Newtonupontheheath dc 2 1 oct Surprise
babybrain3 dc3 edd 1 Oct - surprise
Emiedarling dc1 edd 3oct - boy
Welliesandpyjamas dc3 edd 4 Oct
MissPollysTrolleyed dc2 edd 4 Oct
Littleplasticpeople dc3 edd 5 oct
Gizzyboo dc4 edd 5 oct
Cakes82 dc1 edd 5 oct- Suprise
Shopgal9 dc1 edd 5 oct
Bubblebell dc3 edd 6 oct - girl
MissPenteuth edd 6 oct - girl
KPT083 dc1 edd 8 oct - Surprise
DameFlatYouLent dc2 edd 9 oct
FluffyJawsOfDoom dc1 9 oct - surprise
Thunderboltkid dc1 edd 10 oct - boy
Isheisnthe dc4 edd 10 oct
Bear1984 dc2 edd 15 oct - boy
RunningOutOfIdeas dc2 edd 15 oct - girl
Guccigirl79 dc1 edd 16 oct boy
Elvislives2012 edd 18 oct surprise
Kelbells dc 1 edd 18 oct Boy
Goodsenseofdirection dc1 20 oct - surprise
Beeblebear dc1 20 oct - Boy
MissRedIndie dc2 20 Oct
Pheebs24 dc1 21 Oct
Susurrant dc1 21 Oct
Doodlekitty DC1 EDD 26th Oct - Boy
Loopyla dc1 edd 28 Oct - surprise (scan not until 3/4 wks)
TartyMcFarty dc2 31 Oct

Hello am here!

And yes I'd join a FB group as I'm nosey and be nice to put faces to names!

WeeSooty Mon 13-Aug-12 21:38:26

Oooh shiny new thread!!!! grin

I’m not on the list sad my stats are: dc1 - edd 5th October - wee surprise

I’m happy to join a group, I’ve never set one up before, do you just create a group? Shall I try?

WeeSooty Mon 13-Aug-12 21:41:58

Hmmm I just created a secret group... of me and my husband lol! I am crap with technology. Do we need to be friends on facebook first? confused

HeyMicky Mon 13-Aug-12 21:52:05

Yes, you'd need to be friends first. Which would mean sharing everyone's email address so we could find each other. Or you could make a public group then make it private once we all join. Am really strict with my privacy settings as my job is in social media so don't want to be tracked down by colleagues and agencies - my FB is private, my twitter is public

HeyMicky Mon 13-Aug-12 21:58:07

Actually, Sooty, if you change the settings for your group to public and send us the link, we can all join (can change it back later)

WeeSooty Mon 13-Aug-12 21:58:38

i'm totally strict with privacy as well, thats why I choose secret but didnt realise that meant nobody can find it now! And my husband thinks I have gone totally crazy inviting him to join me in an October baby group!

What would everyone prefer, I can make it public to start if thats what people want? Or people could private message me their e mail addresses?

Or someone clever could do it grin

WeeSooty Mon 13-Aug-12 21:59:27

Ooh ok hang on Micky and I will try that

Bubblebell1 Mon 13-Aug-12 22:00:37

Oooo lovely new thread. grin

My settings are private. Some albums only I can look at and the others are just friends. My profile is private too. If you type in my name I dont cone up but if you type in my email addy it does.

I'm happy to give my email address. To whoever wants to add me on Facebook but will pm you rather than post it on the thread :-)

WeeSooty Mon 13-Aug-12 22:02:53

Micky I have sent you a pm if you wouldn't mind checking the link for me?

Beeblebear Mon 13-Aug-12 23:04:00

I'd be happy to join FB group. I was just actually thinking about that myself this morning. I'd vote to send PM's with email addresses to a FB Group "host".

pinpan Tue 14-Aug-12 05:59:24

I'll join a facebook group! I think we'd only need to be friends with one person, who could then add us while maintaining privacy the whole time (that's how it has worked with my NZ baby forum facebook group anyway, gasp, now it's out that I'm two-timing you all grin).

I think my bump is going through a growth spurt - it has been feeling so huge and solid for the last two days, and I can see entire legs pushing up against it, let alone little feet!

newtonupontheheath Tue 14-Aug-12 06:40:09

I want to join a Facebook group!!! grin I think my settings are fairly private, but my name does come up you put it in. Has someone taken charge of pm-ing?

I was about a second off starting the new tread last night when DS woke up... So I took myself off to bed at 9 and feel like a new woman as a result [twirls] Slept all the way through til 5 without even a loo break! Amazing in itself, that is!

Thanks for putting up with my ranty pants yesterday smile I'll be much cheerier on this thread, promise.

WeeSooty Tue 14-Aug-12 07:13:27

Morning!

Ok I have sent the link to everyone who asked and hopefully it will work! Its very basic sorry! Aside from being crap at technology I was setting it up mid fight with my DH. Must be something in the air!!!

I mostly mumsnet from my phone during the day so will hopefully still be able to access the group and stuff.

Does anyone else want to be admin for it? Share the responsibility?? grin

Hope everyone has a good day smile

I'm here!! FB group a good idea and don't mind about how we do it.

pinpan Tue 14-Aug-12 07:25:01

I'm a member! You can make me an admin too if you like. grin Also, we're still an open group but I think we can make it private now coz people can get the link to join via private messages here.

Good work weesooty, you can add me as admin if you want - ill pm you!

newtonupontheheath Tue 14-Aug-12 07:35:42

I'm there! grin

I'm never going to get anything done now, am I?

Morning I'm there - should we all post who we are? I'm easily confused and will never keep up wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now